Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Owners: Recalls & TSBs

124»

Comments

• I had a problem like that at one point and it was the baffle inside the catalytic converter had broken a pc.off and did the same thing upon excelleration. they replaced the converter and it stopped. Check it out.
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    next time just remove bat cable then put back on right after you remove it if starts ok then poss pcm prob or enginition switch not opening a wire switch is lot cheaper than pcm would try that first
  • Check this out... its seemed to have helped lots of others.
    http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7811_102-0.html?forumID=78&threadID=248386&messageID- =2490641
    If the link doesn't work, do this:

www.cnet.com
    select tips and tricks tab
    select cnet forums
    under electronics, select car tech
    select topic: Jeep Grand Cherokee stalling fixed! from Oct 18

Good Luck!
  • I have a 1998 Grand Cherokee.Yesterday the rear, driver side, tail light wiring harness caught fire. No modifications have every been made on it. Has anyone heard of this before?
  • I have a 2000 cherokee sport that has been in the family since new every time i let off the throttle the oil pressure gauge drops and the check guages light comes on but once the throttle is engaged again it shoots back up can someone help me? :sick:
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    have you changed the sending unit?
  • nesh2nesh2 Posts: 1
    Jeep was running fine all evening, was parked for two hours. Started the vehicle, drove down the block and suddenly everything shuts off, it appears to be a complete electrical system failure. Gas tank is full, engine cranks over but refuses to start, a short time later it cranked over and started then immediately died.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
    Good source, while it lasts at least:

steve_, "Online Repair Manuals" #12, 14 Feb 2012 7:37 am

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• denver5357denver5357 Posts: 319

Why doesn't Jeep provide parts to fix safety recalls? Back in October, we received a notice from Jeep to have our 2012 Wrangler fixed due to a recall on the power steering line. I called the dealer and asked if I could bring it in. They said I needed to be put on a waiting list, and they only receive "one part a week" from Chrysler. Now it is almost March and they haven't called me in. This seems nuts, yes?

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
    edited March 1

I think I'd go over the dealer's head and open a case with Jeep and see what happens with that. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen

Jeep was notifying people of a parts wait. But that was back in July 2013.

2012-'13 Jeep Wrangler Recalled for Possible Loss of Transmission Fluid

Jeep.com contact page

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• ourjeeplifeourjeeplife Posts: 44

I like the fact that Jeep has a vin check system.. when buying a new or used car/truck etc.. One can check the vin as to see if there has been in recalls etc.. Thou during my last visit with he dealership.. I informed them that our horn was not working. I over heard a salesman whisper: "Wasn't that jeep in an ascendent?" which presented another issue.. How does one really know and trust the carfax report.. if it is true that out jeep was in an accented.. then that would explain some of the new parts located on the front and the door scratches.. I personally feel that the dealership did not fully disclose the fact that our jeep was in a minor fender bender..which is to late now to do anything about.. and granted we aren't going to give this jeep up anytime soon based on it's passed history.

• denver5357denver5357 Posts: 319

Apparently, Jeep doesn't consider this safety recall a big deal. Here is how Jeep responded:

There is currently a part restriction, which means the dealership is only able to order a certain number of parts per week to ensure all dealerships are able to obtain their fair share.

You have done the best thing possible in this situation, which is getting on a waiting list for the part at your dealership. Once on the list the dealership will continue to order the parts and contact their customers in order to let them know they are able to have an appointment set for repair.

124»