Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 GMC Acadia Rough Acceleration Issue

liaisonncoliaisonnco Member Posts: 1
edited February 2014 in GMC

At 40-50 mph, my 2008 Acadia has a rough/vibrating type noise when lightly accelerating. I took the vehicle into a local GM dealership and they thoroughly checked it and could not find the problem. This is very annoying and I will have to take this vehicle into another GM dealership for second opinion. This vehicle was purchased new and I've taken the vehicle in for all maintenance schedule requirements. Has someone else experienced anything close to this? I hate mystery issues when it comes to automobiles. I always felt competent GM service techs can troubleshoot these type of problems. I'm not giving up on GM vehicles, but if this problem persist, I certainly won't be buying another.

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092

Did they check the tires and struts?

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Vibrational problems are tough to diagnose because there are so many variables. For instance, if you feel it in the steering wheel, through your hands, that points to wheels and tires; if you feel it more in the seat of your pants or the soles of your feet, that could be rear tires and wheels, or a driveshaft issue (or CV joint, depending on whether you are 2WD or AWD) ; there are even vibrations caused by the automatic transmission torque converter.

If no one can spot anything obvious, sometimes a good first step is to swap tires front to rear and see if that changes anything. Also running the car while on a lift, with the wheels free and spinning, might reveal the fault.

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hi liaisonnoco,

I understand that you are having concerns with your Acadia. I understand your frustration being that the problem has not been resolved after being at the dealership. Please let us know if you would like for us to find another dealership in your area in order for you to have a second opinion. If our assistance is needed, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with your zip code included. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kristen A.
    GM Customer Care

• sweetstang89sweetstang89 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Acadia when I First drove on the highway this was a concern of mine also. Everyone sad I was crazy because I said it sounds and feels like transmission issues. I'm not crazy, only had it for a few months only 1 owner before and 65000 miles on it. It is now at the garage getting a brand new transmission. Hate to say it but if it walks like a duck and quacks like one chances are it is. Good luck, I'm taking the brand new trani and trading it in for a ford