Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Ford Explorer Lease Questions

11920212325

Comments

  • jbrabhamjbrabham Posts: 5

    kyfdx, can you please give me the current MF and residual for an explorer sport 10.5k miles 36 months? thx

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @jbrabham said: kyfdx, can you please give me the current MF and residual for an explorer sport 10.5k miles 36 months? thx

    0.50% MF and 56% residual.

    $1750 lease cash and $500 loyalty cash for current lessees.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • slreyesslreyes Posts: 1

    I was offered a lease for 36/12,000 $403 monthly with $1500 down for a Explorer XLT MSRP 36,695 can I do better?

  • kevnloftkevnloft Posts: 1

    Hi kyfdx! Can you please provide me with the current MF and Residual on a 2014 Explorer Limited, All Wheel Drive, 15k miles and 36 month? Thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @kevnloft said: Hi kyfdx! Can you please provide me with the current MF and Residual on a 2014 Explorer Limited, All Wheel Drive, 15k miles and 36 month? Thanks!

    0.50% MF and 50% residual. $1750 lease cash.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Thanks for your help kyfdx.

    for others, I leased a 14 sport w/ 401A for 430/month pre tax. I got $1750 lease incentive, $1000 competitive lease win, $750 Ford coupon (got by email) and true car discount.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    Congrats on the new Explorer!

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Sopierce1Sopierce1 Posts: 1
    Can anyone provide the mf and residual for a 2014 explorer limited for 12k a year and 36 months? Thanks for any help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @Sopierce1 said: Can anyone provide the mf and residual for a 2014 explorer limited for 12k a year and 36 months? Thanks for any help!

    0.50% MF and 52% residual. $1750 lease cash. Subtract 1% for 2WD.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • scott280scott280 Posts: 2

    I just negotiated the following on a 2014 Explorer XLT - 202A Package, Dual Panel Moonroof, all-weather mats, and rear bumper protector. MSRP - $40,185 - Selling Price $38,922. $2,750 in rebates - 3 years @ 16,500 miles per year - No money down , first month and registration fees at pickup - .5% money factor, 51% residual - $489.41 per month (includes 7% sales tax). Is this good???

  • sho220zsho220z Posts: 6

    Hi folks Looking for MF and Residual for a 2014 Explorer Sport. 36 mo, 15K per year.

    Also, can you advise what rebates (and lease cash) are available?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @sho220z said: Hi folks Looking for MF and Residual for a 2014 Explorer Sport. 36 mo, 15K per year.

    Also, can you advise what rebates (and lease cash) are available?

    0.50% MF and 53% residual. $1750 lease cash

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • tchaitchai Posts: 2

    Can you please share what dealership u went to or a zip code ??

    @jbrabham said: Thanks for your help kyfdx.

    for others, I leased a 14 sport w/ 401A for 430/month pre tax. I got $1750 lease incentive, $1000 competitive lease win, $750 Ford coupon (got by email) and true car discount.

  • edgy99edgy99 Posts: 9

    Hi all. Just starting my research -- why is the money factor so much higher for Ford? Thanks in advance.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @edgy99 said: Hi all. Just starting my research -- why is the money factor so much higher for Ford? Thanks in advance.

    Ford uses percentages, rather than true money factors... 0.50% is equivalent to .00021. That's very low..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • alansufialansufi Posts: 18

    Hi!,

    What are the figures for an XLT Awd, 36m/12k lease in the Boston, MA area?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @alansufi said: Hi!,

    What are the figures for an XLT Awd, 36m/12k lease in the Boston, MA area?

    0.50% MF and 54% residual. $1750 lease cash

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • lavaclavac Posts: 2

    Hi, what are the figures for a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD 36m/12k lease.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @lavac said: Hi, what are the figures for a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD 36m/12k lease.

    0.50% MF and 52% residual. $1750 lease cash

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • lavaclavac Posts: 2

    Thank you for your help.

  • jagrcojagrco Posts: 6

    HI.What is the residual and MF for the 2014 Explorer sport. 36 mont lease 12k per year. Additionally, I know that the sales tax is added in at the end but is the excise tax in MA added in as well. I was just quoted but I was surprised when the dealer said that the excise tax is also included in the lease payment along with the sales tax.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,530

    @jagrco said: HI.What is the residual and MF for the 2014 Explorer sport. 36 mont lease 12k per year. Additionally, I know that the sales tax is added in at the end but is the excise tax in MA added in as well. I was just quoted but I was surprised when the dealer said that the excise tax is also included in the lease payment along with the sales tax.

    36 month MF is .50% , residual is 55% and there is $1750 of lease cash available

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • bigblockc3bigblockc3 Jersey Shore, NJPosts: 18

    Hello and thank you for providing an invaluable service! Edmunds is the #1 consumer authority in this segment (Thank you)! I am NOT at all familiar with Ford Leasing. Can you please advise of calculation to convert a Ford Lease percentage rate to the actual Money Factor? We're looking at a Ford Explorer Sport, LTD & XLT with AWD/4WD. Looking for a 10,500 mile allowance or less for 36 months. Can you please provide MFs, Residuals, available lease cash and rebates? *Are they the same for each trim level? Additionally, are you able to provide actual Hold Back percentage? Best Regards, George & Christine

  • jagrcojagrco Posts: 6

    Hi, I had asked earlier about the MF and residual for a 2014 explorer sport 3yr 36k miles. What is the MF and residual for 3yr 15k per year. additionally it appears that there are a few incentives as well.
    when figuring out the cap cost, are those incentives deducted after the negotiated purchase price? Thanks

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @bigblockc3 said: Hello and thank you for providing an invaluable service! Edmunds is the #1 consumer authority in this segment (Thank you)! I am NOT at all familiar with Ford Leasing. Can you please advise of calculation to convert a Ford Lease percentage rate to the actual Money Factor? We're looking at a Ford Explorer Sport, LTD & XLT with AWD/4WD. Looking for a 10,500 mile allowance or less for 36 months. Can you please provide MFs, Residuals, available lease cash and rebates? *Are they the same for each trim level? Additionally, are you able to provide actual Hold Back percentage? Best Regards, George & Christine

    0.50% MF and residuals of 55%/52%/54%, respectively. $2250 lease cash
    To convert to a money factor, divide 0.50 by 2400

    You can find holdback percentages under the Car Research tab, above.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @jagrco said: Hi, I had asked earlier about the MF and residual for a 2014 explorer sport 3yr 36k miles. What is the MF and residual for 3yr 15k per year. additionally it appears that there are a few incentives as well.
    when figuring out the cap cost, are those incentives deducted after the negotiated purchase price? Thanks

    0.50% MF and 52% residual. $2250 lease cash.

    You and the dealer have to make clear whether you are including incentives in your negotiations.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • jagrcojagrco Posts: 6

    Thanks. Is the lease cash for any mileage?? 10k,12k,15k??

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,530

    @jagrco said: Thanks. Is the lease cash for any mileage?? 10k,12k,15k??

    Yes

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • bigblockc3bigblockc3 Jersey Shore, NJPosts: 18

    Thanks Michael... The Holdback quotes may not be accurate? For instance, I just leased a Mercedes Benz E-350. Bare-bones deal... Three (3) dealers were competing for the deal. Each quoted 5% holdback NOT 1% as disclosed at the tab... Just an FYI... Thanks! George

  • amgrouchy1amgrouchy1 Posts: 8

    I'm in LA and about to get a new explorer sport. lease on my limited is up. what is the residual and mf for a 3 year 10k mile per year lease? also what other incentives should i look for considering i am a current ford finance customer with excellent credit and payment history?

This discussion has been closed.