Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Seeking help. SUV or Crew Cab purchase.

dmfsdmfs Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in General
I'm looking to purchase a new to me used vehicle, was set on a Ford Excursion, but now I'm rethinking my decision. I have a family of 5, kids being 15, 9, and 2 (car seat) so wanting something with room, hence the Excursion. Wanting an SUV or crew cab pickup with a budget around 25k. Open to any and all vehicle suggestions just want the best vehicle for the money, low maintenance cost. Please help. Thanks!

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092

What model year(s) are you considering?

• dmfsdmfs Member Posts: 2
    Open to any make model and year just wanna find a safe and reliable vehicle that my family can be comfortable in.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092

I personally don't have any experience with large SUVs or crew cab pickups. This Edmunds article may be helpful for you.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/best-used-cars.html

• carstrykecarstryke Member Posts: 168

I went through this decision a few years ago and settled in a crew cab f-150. What a mistake that was, when it comes to cargo and utility nothing comes close to the convinience of a minivan. It is the BEST combination of cargo, comfort,price and children.

Driving a minivan sucks. But if you have a large family like me (4 kids), Suv's other than a suburban are not really a option.