Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Lexus GS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00065 MF and 72% for 24mo, 10K/yr lease

Would it be the same numbers except with a 70% residual for a 12k/yr lease? Do you have any info on how MSDs work? Specifically how much money each deposit is and how much it reduces the MF by?

Does Lexus offer 36 month leases? If so, will you please provide the numbers for that? Trying to figure out if a sub-$500/mo payment on a GS 350 F-Sport is possible.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

12K residuals are 1% lower than 10K/yr residuals.

I'm not familiar with the specifics of Lexus MSD program.

Also, my MF/residual info from Lexus is not good this month. I hesitate to give you any other numbers, and I cannot verify them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    12K residuals are 1% lower than 10K/yr residuals

I'm not familiar with the specifics of Lexus MSD program.

Also, my MF/residual info from Lexus is not good this month. I hesitate to give you any other numbers, and I cannot verify them.

OK, thanks. So the number you provided above on March 6 were not March's numbers? Do you expect to get them for this month?

Yes.. those are March numbers.

No, I wouldn't bet on them being accurate for your area..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Yes.. those are March numbers.

No, I wouldn't bet on them being accurate for your area..

I don't understand. Yes, they are March's numbers but no, they're not accurate for my area? Where are they accurate then?

I don't have accurate numbers, I'm sorry.... please disregard anything you've read here for March.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• club619club619 Member Posts: 122

does anyone else have March numbers?

• fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58

Any news yet on 2014 GS 350, AWD Luxury, MF and Res. for 24 and 27, 10K miles lease? Mine should be arriving from Japan in early April.

Thanks

No numbers for March.. sorry

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2014

Just curious is this a system wide issue with March, just Lexus, just the GS, etc? I'd really like to move on something this month for several reasons, however the local dealers won't share data before running my credit (800+ so I'm not worried about it), and I don't want several add'l credit inquiries for no reason. Thanks

• borame83borame83 Member Posts: 2

For 2014 F sport AWD, is this worth it?

MSRP: $60,157
    Preferred customer discount: $2,000
    Trade-in credit: $3500
    Rebate: $2,250
    Final price: $55,699 (including taxes and fees)

$2000 down, 10,000 mi/yr for 36 months:

Residual: 62%
    MF: .00065

$530 per month

Assuming your tax is about 6.25% like here in TX the math works out on my end, and that seems like a decent deal, IMO! I was finally quoted some #'s by a dealer here neat Dallas, and they quoted gave me 62% residual & .0006 MF for a RWD with lots of options. Sticker $54,062, final sale price of $51391 (including taxes & fees) with only first month's payment due at signing of $618/month. Higher/month for less car than you are asking about, but I personally don't like to put much down up front.

Am curious about the "preferred customer discount" of $2k you mentioned. How does one qualify for that? We are currently leasing a 2012 RX350...didn't know if that only applied to current Lexus owners or was more specialized.

@club619 said:
    Just curious is this a system wide issue with March, just Lexus, just the GS, etc? I'd really like to move on something this month for several reasons, however the local dealers won't share data before running my credit (800+ so I'm not worried about it), and I don't want several add'l credit inquiries for no reason. Thanks

Just trouble in general getting accurate Lexus numbers... They split the country into so many regions, and run different specials in each region (even changing residuals), that the national numbers aren't accurate for a great many customers.

The national residuals for the GS350 RWD are 69% for 24mo, 15K/yr, and 59% for 36mo, 15K/yr.. The most frequent money factor I've seen is .00065, but the West Coast has a special money factor of .00045....

Your after-tax lease payment is going to suffer by comparison with others, because lease taxes are so high in Texas..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• borame83borame83 Member Posts: 2

@club619 said:
    Assuming your tax is about 6.25% like here in TX the math works out on my end, and that seems like a decent deal, IMO! I was finally quoted some #'s by a dealer here neat Dallas, and they quoted gave me 62% residual & .0006 MF for a RWD with lots of options. Sticker $54,062, final sale price of $51391 (including taxes & fees) with only first month's payment due at signing of $618/month. Higher/month for less car than you are asking about, but I personally don't like to put much down up front.

Am curious about the "preferred customer discount" of $2k you mentioned. How does one qualify for that? We are currently leasing a 2012 RX350...didn't know if that only applied to current Lexus owners or was more specialized.

Hmm ok. Thanks club619. I am not sure how they applied the "preferred customer discount" (I am not a current Lexus owner)... I just asked them to give me the best numbers for the deal. Although, people in CA and FL seem to be getting best of the deal with crazy discounts to take few thousands off on MSRP (mine is with my trade-in credit).

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Your after-tax lease payment is going to suffer by comparison with others, because lease taxes are so high in Texas..

Thanks kyfdx! As mentioned above, I was just quoted 62% for 10k/yr at .0006 MF in the Dallas area, so that's pretty close to what you mentioned above. I believe they have some tax credits to offer currently right now as well to help offset the high taxes for TX leasing but I didn't get details on exactly how much that was. Even with the help, I'm basically paying almost $90/month just in equivalent tax payment, but as mentioned, I usually chose to put as little down as possible.

• hbtrojanhbtrojan Member Posts: 10

Hi all,
    First time leaser. What do you think of this deal? I'm in Los Angeles.
    2014 RWD GS 350
    MSRP $50345.00 selling price $45590.00
    $1800.00 down payment
    $400.00/mo including tax for 24 months 10000 miles
    Or $422.00 for 12000 miles
    The residual for 10K is 72% and 12K is 71%.
    Money factor .00045

Any feedback would be really appreciated.
    Thanks!

• fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58

That sounds like a good deal from what I have seem over the past year! The only better deals I have seen are when Lexus is offering "Lease Cash" as an incentive and also 1st Month payment. I have been shopping for some time and am waiting for a very special order to arrive from Japan in about 45 more days - ordered in December. Although the purchase price has been negotiated, since special orders for lease are subject to the lease provisions available at time of delivery, I am crossing my fingers.

• gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699

@hbtrojan said:
    Hi all,
    First time leaser. What do you think of this deal? I'm in Los Angeles.
    2014 RWD GS 350
    MSRP $50345.00 selling price $45590.00
    $1800.00 down payment
    $400.00/mo including tax for 24 months 10000 miles
    Or $422.00 for 12000 miles
    The residual for 10K is 72% and 12K is 71%.
    Money factor .00045

Any feedback would be really appreciated.
    Thanks!

Sounds like a great deal - that's a lot of car for $400 a month. That is a fantastic money factor. I'm jealous - we pay more than that on our ES! Who is the dealer?

Bill G

2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71

FYI, I am in NY and the money factor / residual for 27 months 10K miles is 0.00035 and 70%. Still looking for the car with options I want (Luxury, Flaxen +). There is also a $1,250 lease credit from Lexis this month.

Also, Lexus is paying 1st month.

Sounds like that could result in a great lease payment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• julio91julio91 Member Posts: 158

If anyone needs a good sales rep and does not matter what state you reside in ( he could ship the car pretty much anywhere, he saved my buddy up in Phoenix $80 a month) Inbox me for his info, I purchased 2 Lexus of this gentleman, straight forward, did not catch him in any lies, extremely resourceful, give it a try you know, Best luck everyone keep us posted.

• kaywu85kaywu85 Member Posts: 28

hello, im planning to lease a 2014 gs350 rwd with f sport package. can you please give me the residual and mf in maryland? Thanks alot

just called one of my local lexus. They quoted me 499/month for 27month/10k 0 down excludes tax tag and fees. residual 70% MF 0.00035. base on a msrp $52847 is it a good deal? thanks alot.

@kaywu85 said:
    just called one of my local lexus. They quoted me 499/month for 27month/10k 0 down excludes tax tag and fees. residual 70% MF 0.00035. base on a msrp $52847 is it a good deal? thanks alot.

The lease program for the GS is very good.. That payment implies a selling price of $49,650. I'm not sure of the market for the GS, but if that price makes you happy, then it's a good deal.

A couple of things to consider. In Maryland, you pay sales tax on the full selling price, so that really hits hard on a short-term lease. Over $100/mo. Also, beware of fees. Maryland dealer fees tend to be reasonable (under $300, usually), but you never know until they tell you. Ask that dealer for a full accounting, including taxes and fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the info.. never knew I have to pay full sales tax of the selling price in MD. btw I live in MD with DC drivers license will it be the same if i register the car in DC? Thank you very much

@kaywu85 said:
    Thanks for the info.. never knew I have to pay full sales tax of the selling price in MD. btw I live in MD with DC drivers license will it be the same if i register the car in DC? Thank you very much

I'm not sure how D.C. taxes a lease. I'm sorry. If it's by monthly payment, it would certainly be cheaper. But, then you might have property taxes that could be different.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@e325rkh said:
    FYI, I am in NY and the money factor / residual for 27 months 10K miles is 0.00035 and 70%. Still looking for the car with options I want (Luxury, Flaxen +). There is also a $1,250 lease credit from Lexus this month.

I finally closed a deal on the following:

2014 GS350 AWD - Deep Sea Mica/Black
    Luxury package w/cold package
    Blind Spot Monitor
    Navigation System
    Power Trunk
    Intuitive Park Assist (IPA)
    Remote engine starter
    Rear lip spoiler
    Preferred package 2: Trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks, applique
    All weather floor mats
    Glass breakage sensors
    MSRP: $62,006
    Invoice: $57,627
    Sale price: $57,427 before incentives

27 month / 10K - $580 per month **(including NYS taxes) **$400 total out of pocket

This included the $1,250 lease credit and 1st month's payment credit this month.

Regarding Maryland, I did try a dealer there and he didn't understand how to apply the taxes for NY since it is so different in Maryland.

I hope this helps someone, as these forums always helps me tremendously.

edited March 2014

Good deal - only 400 out of pocket and 580 to drive a 62k car.

Enjoy the new ride!

@325rkh

Sorry - tried to quote your post and congratulate you on your deal.

This new Edmunds forum format and technology is terrible.

Thank you. I thought it was pretty good considering they had to fit all of the fees and taxes into a short term lease.
    FYI, I am coming out of a 2011 Infiniti M37x loaded.

@gmanusmc said:
    325rkh

Sorry - tried to quote your post and congratulate you on your deal.

This new Edmunds forum format and technology is terrible.

Quoting a post that already has a quote.. problematic, I agree.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2014

His post did not have a quote - somehow the system made part of my post into a quote and made it look like it was his post. Honestly, the other forums I visit are much more user friendly that this one has become. I still feel Edmunds is a great place for vehicle research, but it has become difficult to navigate.

Oops - I stand corrected - there was another quote in there - why does that happen?

Remember Roseanne Rosannadanna? Never mind.

To continue this story, I decided not to pick up that car, and instead order a 2015 for summer delivery. I will have to hope there are at least some incentives at time of delivery.

FYI, it was the interior color that caused my change. I thought I could live with black, however, it was not a favorite.

On another note, is "buy rate" the same as the base rate?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,984

@e325rkh said:
    To continue this story, I decided not to pick up that car, and instead order a 2015 for summer delivery. I will have to hope there are at least some incentives at time of delivery.

FYI, it was the interior color that caused my change. I thought I could live with black, however, it was not a favorite.

On another note, is "buy rate" the same as the base rate?

Might as well get exactly what you want.

And yes, the buy rate and the base rate are interchangeable terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• nyknicksnyknicks Member Posts: 10

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I got a nearly identical deal to the one quoted...but would it be realistic to get the monthly down to 450 with tax? I'm very new to all of this so any help would be appreciated.

@kaywu85 said:

@nyknicks said:
    Hi, I'm new to the forums and I got a nearly identical deal to the one quoted...but would it be realistic to get the monthly down to 450 with tax? I'm very new to all of this so any help would be appreciated.

If you can get your dealer to knock $1350 off the selling price, that would give you a payment around $450/mo. (50x27=1350)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks Michaell@Edmunds

So does that mean according to kyfdx, I have to get the price down from 49650? Or is it from the 52847?

@nyknicks said:
    Thanks Michaell@Edmunds

So does that mean according to kyfdx, I have to get the price down from 49650? Or is it from the 52847?

The lower the selling price, the lower the payment. See if there is any more room to go down from the $49,650.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2014
    edit
  • julio91julio91 Member Posts: 158

If anyone needs a good sales rep and does not matter what state you reside in ( he could ship the car pretty much anywhere, he saved my buddy up in Phoenix $80 a month) Inbox me for his info, I purchased 2 Lexus of this gentleman, straight forward, did not catch him in any lies, extremely resourceful, give it a try you know, Best luck everyone keep us posted.

Looking for MF and residual on non F-sport RWD GS350 with 12k miles/yr. 24/27/36 mo terms if possible. Thanks!

@saabguy914 said:
    Looking for MF and residual on non F-sport RWD GS350 with 12k miles/yr. 24/27/36 mo terms if possible. Thanks!

Residual is 70/68/60

MF is .00065

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• muffinflavoredmuffinflavored Member Posts: 83
    edited April 2014

@Michaell@Edmunds said:

Residual is 70/68/60

MF is .00065

What would the MF be after the maximum of 9 MSDs?

Just in case this helps anyone, I was given a .00045 MF on a 24 mo term here in AZ with no MSD. All other terms were .00065.

Just in case this helps anyone, I had absolutely 0 problem getting every dealership in a 50 mile radius from me giving me the $58k GS350 F-Sport with navigation and luxury package for 10% behind MSRP for 27 months/10k miles. I had a credit score of 705 (tier one credit, but not tier one plus) and was able to get a money factor of .00003 after agreeing to 9 MSDs.

Thanks for checking back in!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Congratulations! Enjoy your new Lexus!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can you please tell me what the base money factor and residuals are for GS350 RWD for 24 months/18k miles, 27 months/18k miles, 36 months/18k miles, and 48 months/18k miles?

Would it be stupid to lease this car for anything more than 36 months?

Which lease term would be the smartest for somebody who has to pay for the increased depreciation due to the increased mileage driven, and likes to get a new car every 2 years or so?

This discussion has been closed.