Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

buynewauto,

We all pay dest/ charge so just add that into your best price. Out of state purchases are calculated on your states tax rate. Buying out of state thou you may find dealerships with cheaper doc fee charges and prices.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• kaur1kaur1 Member Posts: 2

Can anyone in the NY/NJ area share the prices they've paid for 2014 CRV (LX, EXL). Thanks!

• buynewauto46buynewauto46 Member Posts: 16

Hi Brian ,

In Minneapolis area they are offering $750 flex cash available if you finance through American Honda ...
    But I was under the impression as $500 flex cash

Also the HONDA sales for Feb 2014 is low compared to others
    http://www.ibtimes.com/us-new-auto-sales-february-2014-nissan-chrysler-leap-double-digits-gm-fell-slightly-ford-down-61

As far as i'm aware flex cash is 500. Unless Honda has changed Financial institutions and they are willing to offer more up front money. Very good article. This down turn in sales makes deals even better by months end in some states. This month ends the 1st quarter for all car companies. Some folks will make monster deals if they catch the right dealerships looking to boost sales.

@brian125 said:
    As far as i'm aware flex cash is 500. Unless Honda has changed Financial institutions and they are willing to offer more up front money. Very good article. This down turn in sales makes deals even better by months end in some states. This month ends the 1st quarter for all car companies. Some folks will make monster deals if they catch the right dealerships looking to boost sales.

Hi Brian ,
    Minneapolis dealers are not willing to match Chicago Area Dealer Quotes so I am asking them for the best offer price

CRV LX AWD MSRP 25,025

CRV LX AWD Price 21,953

Administrative Fee 166.27

Electronic fees 25

6.88 % MN Tax 1529

DMV Fees Approx 421

Total OTD Price 24,094

edited March 2014

Not 1 dealer by you has flex cash. Forget about your above deal this dealer is not looking to sell yet.................. play ball with the rest of your targeted dealerships. The month is still very young let it play out til the end.. Dont be fooled or suckered yet into paying a higher price than you have to .

• rajroyrajroy Member Posts: 1

Hi Brian,
    I am receiving the Price for 2014 Honda CRV EX AWD : $24800(Including Des.price)+ tax+ Doc.fee+Regtn. (New Jersey state)
    Is it a good deal ?
    Thanks!!!

rajroy,

In NJ your quoted price seems to be inline with the rest of this area'a pricing. Give and take a few more hundred.

Invoice with dest charge = 25,519 on your ex, awd model . So at 719 below invoice which is a decent price... Dealer will be taking 300 dollars plus back when he adds on his doc fee charge onto the bill of sale. I would hold out another week or two getting more deaslerships involved to see if another 3 or 400 is possible.. Regardless of your decision at this price you will be buying a Awesome suv with great resale value..

Good luck.... post your deal with dealership when done..

• nnslicknnslick Member Posts: 7

Hi all,

Has anyone recently bought a CRV EX FWD in Dallas Fort-Worth area?

I am looking to buy one and am wondering if you can share your wisdom/experience/information to help me get one?

From reading this forum I have gained valuable info/knowledge from many of you, especially from brian125. I now know that end of March/June/Sep/Dec is the best time but would like to get more knowledge/info before starting the process.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

nnSlick

• ghrpghrp Member Posts: 3

rajroy,

I am also looking for a 2014 CRV-EX-AWD. I am in PA. The best offer I am getting so far in PA is $24920 (including destination) here in PA. However, a Amex-true car certificate is giving me an estimated price of $24695 (including destination). I have not spoken to them yet. May be you want to try them for yours.

brian125, I have sent you a PM this morning. When you get a chance, could you please give your thoughts on that? I would greatly appreciate it and thank you in advance.

brian125,
    Thank you very much for your invaluable suggestions to several forum members. I think it is great that you are helping so many. Really appreciated.

I am looking for a 2014 CRV-EX AWD. (I am in PA). Also, I am in no hurry to buy meaning I don't need to buy immediately. But, would like to buy by end of this month.

I have been doing some research and settled on the CRV. Test drove once too. I had checked through Costco Auto Program (CAP), True Car, Edmunds and Amex true car.

I am getting an offer of 25,295 (including destination fee) - but not including some pre-installed accessories (mud guard, cargo tray, floor mats and wheel locks) - through CAP. The preinstalled comes to $404.

Another dealer Sussman's is offering 24920 (including destination) but without any accessories.

I remember you mentioning about George (AutoSport, NJ) in one of your discussions. I get a 24695 (including destination) from them but that is through the Amex True car. I have not got any direct email regarding price from him.

Could you please help with the following:
    1. What would be the best deal to get on this? I have no experience in buying through dealer.
    2. Do I wait towards the end of the month?
    3. Autosport seems the lowest, though it is out of state for me. Is that a good deal?

Thanks a lot for your great help.

edited March 2014

Just to add to above post

Step 1---- Call as many dealerships as your willing to travel to... ask dealership Internet dept. for,

Internet managers, name, email, and direct phone number.

ask all dealerships if they have flex cash if you finance thru them.

ask all dealerships what there doc fee charge is???

Step 2---- Once your arrmed and ready with this info you need to know your exact model and any options you want.

Have a target price to buy. there should be a high and a low number to earn your business.. You should start your buying process the last week of any month holding out to the last days if need be for best pricing.. So after step 2

Now your ready to negotiate a deal. Start your calls, emails to your targeted dealerships.

To avoid wasted time on the phone when collecting your info if they switch you to to a floor salesman tell him/ her your looking for these questions to be answered you will be considering buying a honda at months end and will be going thru the internet dept for the sale.. Do not get involved with leaving your name etc. your calls are for collecting info. If saleman wont help you hang up and ask for the internet sales dept... . Step 3 is talking and negotiating with Int/ mgrs. or there associates about pricing ..

Hi Brian,
    The CR-V LX AWD I have got the final price from one of the local dealer at $22304 ( including dest charge ) and I am getting $350 less ( around $21953 ) in chicago area but $350 will offset the travel charges .

Invoice Price w/ dest ---------------> 23544
    Best Price Offer ----------------------->22304 which is $1240 less than the invoice price.........

Please let me know your suggestions ..................

edited March 2014

buy

Reading but not checking your numbers..... Good job with your negotiations so far.. Your 350 dollar savings is not worth the time and trip to Chicago . If your local honda dealerships that are closer to your home do not want to beat your last offer of 1240 below invoice give that dealer your business. You have done well in a tuff market.. Here in the NY/NJ/PA/De. area's we are not seeing prices that low so you could feel good about that.

Sussman honda in PA was around 599 below invoice. I told the one forum member you might be able to get that dealer to sell for 900 below invoice at the end of the month...... then minusing dealerships doc fee charge puts him back in that 600 below range.

Good luck..... Post your deal and dealerships name after you purchase ..

Hi Brain,

I bought the CRV LX AWD Silver for $22204 ; please find the break down

Invoice w dest charge included --------------23544

dealer hold 2% of base msrp ---------483.9

dealerships doc fee charge ---------------------106

Honda Flex Cash ------------------------ 750 ( by American Honda Finance)

Final Price ----------------------------------22204

OTD price tax title and tags ---------------------24196

May be I was in haste should have negotiated and waited until month end ;

I think the best sale price would have been 21800 to 21900 ..........

But anyways some one would come up with better negotiating skills .........

Also I have question should I consider

1. 8 Yr / 120 K miles bumper to bumper warranty for $1685

2. Rust /Interior paint protection package for $899

3. 3m film protection for $599

Please let me know ; greatly appreciated your help

and the dealer is http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Nash-Tawfeek-review-150707/

• rachicagorachicago Member Posts: 4

Hi All,

I live in Chicago, and want to buy CR-V EX-L AWD with navigation. My dealer is offering $27759 including destination fees. Every other fees extra. Is that a good price?

May I know where to find the invoice price that you all are talking about?

Thanks in advance.

@rachicago said:
    Hi All,

I live in Chicago, and want to buy CR-V EX-L AWD with navigation. My dealer is offering $27759 including destination fees. Every other fees extra. Is that a good price?

May I know where to find the invoice price that you all are talking about?

Thanks in advance.

Find the invoice price http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2014/Honda/CR-V?category=SUV

@buynewauto46, thank you for the link.
    So, the invoice amount is showing as $29,404 (which includes destination). That means the dealer quoted 1645 less. Should I go with this deal?

Your suggestions will help us. Thank you!

buynewauto46 said,

Also I have question should I consider

8 Yr / 120 K miles bumper to bumper warranty for $1685

Rust /Interior paint protection package for $899

3m film protection for $599

Please let me know ; greatly appreciated your help..

BUYnew:

The above is the Sucker package. Dealer is laughing all the way to the bank.

My answer is.... Save your money , If you still have a extra $3,183 after your purchase put this money in a interest bearing account and in 7 yrs from now you will have a nice down payment for your next vehicle.

Bernardi honda will sell that same warranty for just over 1000 dollars.

• tedinphillytedinphilly Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2014

Hi Brian, just wanted to update you and let everyone know what I got from a suburban dealer in the Philadelphia area for 2014 LX AWD. $23038 (includes $133 doc fee that I didn't fight) + 500 in flex cash. Ended up at right around $1000 under invoice I think. Thanks for your feedback earlier, it helped a lot.

• wdwdlgwdwdlg Member Posts: 9

Hi Tedinphilly can you give the exact breakdown and which Dealer in Phili area you purchased your vehicle i am in NJ and none come close to the price you have quoted. Thx

Hi, wdwdlg, sorry, I'm not comfortable naming the dealer, but will say that contacting five or so dealers in the philly area got us the price we needed in fairly short order. Also, just to be clear, the price I just stated didn't include registration or sales tax.

• wdwdlgwdwdlg Member Posts: 9

Tedinphilly, I thought your price included TTL. Then its no different then here in NJ.
    Meaning you bought approx 500 below Invoice.

Sussman Honda gave me
    MSRP $25,025 YOUR INTERNET PRICE $22,954
    Sloane Honda gave me
    Internet SalePrice $22,953.94

This is your breakdown.

Dealer invoice w/ dest charge for CRV LX AWD : $23,554

Your Purchase Price (including Dest charge of $ 830) : $22,905

PA Tax 6% $1,374.3
    DMV approx 250
    Documentary fee 133

-500 FLEX

OTD : 24162.3

Ted,

Your deal with the flex cash gave you a nice deal.. The dealers doc fee charges were very low compared to other dealers.. You can Always IM any member with dealership name were you bought from... There is no harm in that at all . Without us posting dealerships names we cant help each other.

Enjoy your new CRV................ thanks for posting.

Brian

Hi
    For 2014 CRV LX AWD
    This is my breakdown

Dealer invoice w/ dest charge for CRV LX AWD : $23,554

My Purchase Price (including Dest charge of $ 830) : $22,954

Honda Flex Cash -------------------------- 750 ( by American Honda Finance)

Final Price ----------------------------------22204

Tax. ---------------------------------------1514.35

Lic & fees ----------------------------------388.75

doc fee ----------------------------------------75

OTD ----------------------------------------24196

edited March 2014

wdwdlg, yes my official price including doc fee was only $512 below invoice, but my $500 flex cash effectively lowered that by another $470 in after tax dollars. PM'd you dealer name in case you still are interested.

Thanks again Brian. I think we may have been able to negotiate the doc fee lower or even away but I just tired out and wanted to get home. Feel like we did pretty ok overall.

Hi
    Some dealers are offering $ 750 flex cash .......and many dealers that I have contacted last week are sending email today that they are willing for sale price is 22,953.00 until last week they were around 700 $ more

Hi,

I emailed different dealers, and everyone is coming close to what was given to me yesterday. Least quote I got is around $27650 for CR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation.

Seems like I should go with this option. Do you think I need to ask anything for this price? I am not looking for accessories right now. I want to make sure I am getting all the basic things. This is my first car.

Thanks a lot for your help.

rachicago

what state are you in??

Did your selling price include the destanation charge of $ 830...?

Did your selling price have Flex cash of 500 included in price...?

what are your area's or that dealers doc fee charges.................?

Your buying the top of the line CRV every option will be in this vehicle.

Small accessories like Splash guards, Pin stripping, all season mats , cargo tray, and trunk liner could be bought at dealership. You could buy these items online from either college hills honda , or cheap honda parts for a fraction of what the dealer will charge you.. Its always best to check out online prices and have dealers meet or beat those prices while your negotiating to buy your vehicle and NOT after you have agreed on a selling price. Your buying leverage will be gone..

• s239911s239911 Member Posts: 6

I want to thank Brian for all his contributions to this forum. I ended up buying yesterday
    EX-AWD
    Invoice: 25,599 (includes Destination)
    Sales pirce: 24,799
    Flex Cash: 750
    Actual cost: 24,050
    Tax (MN 6.5%): 1,611
    DMV fees:411
    Doc Fee: 75
    OTD: 26,177

Could have done better but I'm happy with what I got. i did learn one thing: Make sure you get fresh inventory and not something that has been in the lot for months. I ended up getting a black CRV just off the truck with 1 mile on it. look for a sequence number last 7 digits of the vin that's newer than 65xxxxx

S2,

Good deal in a tuff market area.. Your 750 flex cash made your deal a homerun.

Enjoy your new CRV

@brian125 said:

Hi Brain,

Thanks for the reply.
    I am in Chicago, Illinois. Yes, the price $27650 includes destination fee.
    Doc fee is around $167. Flex Cash is varying between dealers. Ranging from $125-$750. But the final amount including destination and flex cash is $27650.

Thanks.

How much flex was added in your deal?? 125 to 750????

• oracledudeoracledude Member Posts: 1

Hi Brian,

I live in Atlanta and I am currently in the market for a Honda CRV EX FWD, here is the breakdown based of online information:

1. Dealer Invoice ---------- 23,519
    2. Destination--------------- 830
    3. Doc Fee ------------------ 600

Total without Tax and Registration is : 24,949, you can see the doc fee is quite a rip off.

I will start sending emails out next week as I am in no hurry to purchase so I can wait until the end of the month if need be.

Via Truecar I get a price of 24,948 (inclusive of dest and doc fee) so do you think offering 23,500 (inclusive of dest and doc fee) would be taken as a not serious offer or is there even room to go lower?

Please let me know what you think

edited March 2014

Yes i agree with you. You would need a EX model selling price of 22,089 for the vehicle to be 1430 below invoice. Once the dealership adds there doc fee charge onto bill of 600, Your deal would be $830 below invoice. This might be the best you could do in Atlanta so keep on negotiating lower.............. time is on your side.. Find dealerships with flex cash to give

Another Scenario in Atlanta is;

I would think Realistically if you could get a dealer to give you 930 below invoice plus the flex cash of 500 or as high as 750 in some area's, this would counter most of the 600 doc fee charge that is applied onto the final bill of sale. making your deal 830 below invoice after all fee's have been applied to deal.

This is what my target price would be to email dealerships with a 600 dollar doc fee charge.

You would need a total of 2030 below invoice to fully counter that doc fee charge of 600 on the bill.

23,519... EX model without dest/ charge included in price.

-2030.... target price to buy plus adding dealers doc fee into your offer.

21,489... would be your target price to buy making your deal 1430 below invoice.

Hope i did not confuse you. Its all about countering that doc fee charge. If you dont mind to travel out of state to VA. or MD, Pohanka honda, and Criswell, are 2 dealerships where you will get 1500 below invoice or more this month if your state dont pan out price wise.................good luck

Hi Brian,
    Thanks for all your contribution regards the pricing info ; I finally was able to re-negotiate the final selling price for the CRV AWD LX .
    I initially got the price of $ 22204 but told the sales person regards other dealers offering deals so he finally agreed to get me a $200 gift card or the all season mats so that it would make it the final price of $ 22004 which includes $750 and the final price is $1550 less than the invoice which seems very competitive ,

So finally I got the CRV LX AWD OTD price $23996 .

Thanks

Great job................. enjoy your new ride

Hi All,

I bought my new 2014 CRV Ex-AWD today for close to $1191 below invoice.

A lot of helpful suggestions from brian125 along with other discussion items in this forum helped me get this deal. Thanks so much brian125.

Below is my breakdown

Dealer invoice w/ dest charge for CRV EX AWD : --$24,695.00

PA Tax. ----------------------------------------------------1,481.70

Lic & fees -----------------------------------------------------94.40

Doc fee -------------------------------------------------------133.00

Honda Flex Cash --------------------------------------------(500.00)

OTD -----------------------------------------------------$25,904.10

On top of that, I was able to use my Amex card upto $3500 for the downpayment, that is $35 in rewards. If that is included, the OTD comes down to $25,869.10 or about $1226 below invoice.

This definitely would not have been possible without brian125's help. Thanks again.

ghrp

nice job . enjoy your new crv.

• nkch17nkch17 Member Posts: 10

Just bought a CRV AWD LX with all-weather mats in Ohio

Invoice ................22,500

Sale price.............22,065

Tax......................1654

Doc fee.................250

DMV.......................33.5

Total Final Sale......24,000

Flex + Grad ..........(-1000)

OTD....................23,000

I asked the dealer to close the deal with all-weather mats and the manager came over. The manager was weird and said we can't get the all-weather mats and increased our agreed OTD price. What the heck! So we got up and left. The dealer ended up calling and saying they will do the agreed price and mats. I have definitely learned a lot and will be a smarter buyer next time around .

THANKS to all the people here and @brian125 :)

• bufitfn1bufitfn1 Member Posts: 1

I just leased a 2014 CRV lx AWD 36 month lease
    I negotiated down to $224 a month $0 down $474 due at signing, 15,000 mile per year. With tax payment is $239 month.
    Sound like a good deal?
    Thanks

nkch17 congrats!! isn't invoice for LX AWD 23,500k? you quoted 22,500? or is that the offer you got from the dealer? Your deal is amazing. $2,500 under invoice wow that's a first

• nkch17nkch17 Member Posts: 10
    @s239911

Most of the invoices I got range from 22,500-23,500 (round numbers)

The lowest invoice I got was 21,995 from Honda East in Cincinnati, Ohio. I hope this information helps you guys!

Brian, See NKCH17 response about invoice prices. do you know if destination charges are low in Ohio? because some CRV's are made there?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586

@s239911 said:
    Brian, See NKCH17 response about invoice prices. do you know if destination charges are low in Ohio? because some CRV's are made there?
    @s239911 said:

Destination charges are the same for all of the 48 continental states.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx, how do we explain the discrepancy in invoice price being quoted. it's roughly a $1,000 difference. I thought invoice was fixed

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586

@s239911 said:
    Thanks kyfdx, how do we explain the discrepancy in invoice price being quoted. it's roughly a $1,000 difference. I thought invoice was fixed

If you ask a dealer to "quote" you invoice price, then invoice ends up being whatever the dealer wants it to be. You can research invoice prices here on Edmunds. The only differences would be regional advertising charges. Be sure to include the destination charge in the invoice amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• asf2013asf2013 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014

Curious to hear your thoughts on whether or not I got a good deal:

Visited the dealership less than 2 weeks ago to test drive a CRV LX AWD (knew we were absolutely not buying that day) and negotiated down to $23,500 without really trying and without doing all my research. Have been getting phone calls from dealership ever since then, and kept an eye on online offers.

Went back today having done my research (thanks to this forum) and knew that my invoice price (we are in RI) was $23,554. Thanks to this forum, I walked in knowing my goal was to get a price no higher than $22,700. I also chose the dealer that I knew had the most CRVs on his lot, so I knew he'd be the most motivated to move the car.

I asked my salesman to make me his best offer first (figured I'd put the ball in his court), and he quoted a price of $234/month (including tax) with something like $1500 down. I asked why the price was $234/month when the online offer is $219/month, and he informed me that the $219 is exclusive of tax, so when you add our state tax it comes to $234 -- fair enough. Then I asked what sale price that lease payment was based on, and he said, "Good question." My husband jokingly said, "Bet you didn't think she'd ask that," and the salesman said, "Actually, I didn't count on that." He came back and told us the sale price was $22,900. I asked him about flex cash at that point, he left and came back to tell me that $22,900 was inclusive of $500 flex cash. I told him that honestly, I needed to have the price down at $22,700, and the salesman said, "Oh, we can definitely do that." Then I said, "Well obviously I should have gone lower," and my husband told the salesman that we had read that Honda had been offering $750 flex cash in some locations. So the salesman said that he would change our offer to $22,500 and see what his boss said. A few minutes later, he came back and said we had a deal for $22,500. That's when I mentioned that I am a new grad (didn't want to mention it earlier and have them deny me flex cash because of new grad discount), and the salesman said, "Well this is going to be a record. You'll get $500 for being a new grad, so you can have the car for $22,000."

My payment was down to $204/month, but my husband and I needed to add miles so we got a lease deal for $221/month for 15K miles/yr plus down payment/taxes/fees of 1367. Total cost of just over $9k for three years. How'd I do?

edited March 2014

asf2013,

I think you both did a great job of being prepared with price and knowing the honda Incentives. Sounds like your salesman could not get over on you. It could of been a different story if this dealerships lots were not as full with supply and you did not do your homework first hand.. The key to any good car deal is knowing how and when to buy. getting all your models prices and incentives first hand.. Having a target price to buy and not just asking dealerships to give you there best price..

What you did not mention and along with negotiating the lowest possible price is ............... When you lease a vehicle you need to know the residual value, money factor and cap cost and desired mileage to figure a lease. Its always best to know these numbers prior to making your deal with a dealer.. This important info can be found right here in some of the leasing car forums.. Car-man does a excellent job getting these figures for folks..

.................. enjoy your new CRV

• riles4riles4 Member Posts: 7

@brian125 said:
    Example:

>

Invoice price CRV exl awd no /nav...................27,170 plus 790 dest charge= 28,000
    Invoice w dest charge included...................................28,000
    dealerhold 2% of base msrp........................................- 543
    dealerships doc fee charge........................................- 300
    Total starting or asking price to buy .....................= 27,157. OR 843 below dealers invoice price

Brian, you used the example above several days back. Using that example, is the $27157 the out-the-door price you're suggesting to ask for or that is just the selling price you're indicating...in other words $27157 + X% sales tax + TTL = total out the door

This discussion has been closed.