Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Ford Escape Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in Ford
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Ford Escape Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Ford Escape page.

Comments

• mblmbl Member Posts: 2

Looking to lease an Escape Titanium FWD for 36 months, either 10k or 12k miles per year. I am in NC. Any help on the money factor, residual %, lease incentives, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Ford lease numbers were only good through today (January 2nd). We'll have to wait until early next week to get the new information..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• spagballspagball Member Posts: 20

Any new numbers? Escape Titanium AWD 36/12? Thx CMan.

Oh, sorry. I'm in MD and looking at 2014 Escapes.

@spagball said:
    Any new numbers? Escape Titanium AWD 36/12? Thx CMan.

1.25% MF and 58% residual. $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Excellent. Thanks kyfdx!

• cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140

escape se fwd 36 12k lease numbers please??

@cnote2 said:
    escape se fwd 36 12k lease numbers please??

1.25% MF and 57% residual. At least $1500 in lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• acdoyleacdoyle Member Posts: 11

I am confused about how ford expresses money factor, used to dealing with number like .00093 and the like, how does the 1.25% translate into that?
    Thanks, I am spacing out today. For anyone interested 15K per year on the SE 4WD is 55% after three years.

Yeah.. not sure why Ford and GM have to be different...

Divide that number by 2400 for an approximate money factor.... so, 1.25% would equal .00052

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• acdoyleacdoyle Member Posts: 11

Thanks, that is what I thought, btw, its .25 for 24 months on 4WD SE escape,
    1.5 for 39, Residuals are 62% for 24 mos, 55% for 36, and 53% for 39.

this is from dealer on Thursday, also noted that Ford collects auto excise tax monthly as part of payment.

Thanks again, good luck everyone.

• bwm135bwm135 Member Posts: 7
    Hello all,

The better half is looking to lease a 14 Escape Titanium FWD this month, trying to give her an idea of what to expect in terms of expense.

Any changes to the lease programs for March, or are the terms still 58% residual, 1.25% (.00052) MF, and $1500 lease cash for 12k miles/year (or whatever the closest equivalent is from Ford)?

Any help is much appreciated!

@bwm135 said:
    Hello all,

The better half is looking to lease a 14 Escape Titanium FWD this month, trying to give her an idea of what to expect in terms of expense.

Any changes to the lease programs for March, or are the terms still 58% residual, 1.25% (.00052) MF, and $1500 lease cash for 12k miles/year (or whatever the closest equivalent is from Ford)?

Any help is much appreciated!

I show the same numbers for this month, including the lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bwm135bwm135 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks much kyfdx, I appreciate it! Wanted to clarify since I'm seeing a $2000 figure floating around, guess that one is for purchase only.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64

Stupid Ford dealers here in eastern NC, a rural area. Sent emails to 3 local Ford dealers. Did not hear back from a single one of them...not one! Gosh I hate dealerships.

• casperspookscasperspooks Member Posts: 8

Firstly, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum community! It proved to be an invaluable resource when researching our current lease.

We're looking to lease an SE or Titanium with:
    AWD, 2.0, navigation, leather, pano roof, 36 months, 15K mi/yr in NJ and need to know what the numbers are this month. May have read in this forum that a comparably equipped SE would lead to a better lease deal compared to the Titanium trim but not sure.

Thanks in advance.

@casperspooks said:
    Firstly, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum community! It proved to be an invaluable resource when researching our current lease.

We're looking to lease an SE or Titanium with:
    AWD, 2.0, navigation, leather, pano roof, 36 months, 15K mi/yr in NJ and need to know what the numbers are this month. May have read in this forum that a comparably equipped SE would lead to a better lease deal compared to the Titanium trim but not sure.

Thanks in advance.

1.25% MF and 55% residual for the SE AWD.. 56% residual for the Titanium AWD.

If the MSRPs and selling prices are comparable, then the Titanium will be the cheaper lease, but the difference is pretty small. Not enough to make up for a big jump in MSRP, unless it's accompanied by a similar discount in selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nodtknodtk Member Posts: 14

Any MF and residual numbers for NJ on a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium 1.6L AWD 36 months 12,000 miles lease? Thanks in advance.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@nodtk said:
    Any MF and residual numbers for NJ on a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium 1.6L AWD 36 months 12,000 miles lease? Thanks in advance.

1.25% MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Member Posts: 39

Hey guys got offered 279 per month 12k/year 36 month lease. No numbers were given just got told it is a sign and drive. Also I will be getting out of my current lease like 4 months early. All I know is MSRP is like around 26,500. When I plug the numbers myself it looks like they lowered msrp and made my cap cost -2500. This is in florida.

@kazuya_mishima said:
    Hey guys got offered 279 per month 12k/year 36 month lease. No numbers were given just got told it is a sign and drive. Also I will be getting out of my current lease like 4 months early. All I know is MSRP is like around 26,500. When I plug the numbers myself it looks like they lowered msrp and made my cap cost -2500. This is in florida.

Hard to qualify the deal without the MSRP and the selling price. Are they rolling in the last 4 lease payments into the new lease? Gotta watch for that ... just like rolling negative equity into a new loan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Member Posts: 39

I guess I will find out when I go to dealer and follow up if needed. Was just trying to see if the actually monthly payment of 279 seems reasonable based on the average everyone else is paying.

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    Hard to qualify the deal without the MSRP and the selling price. Are they rolling in the last 4 lease paymentslease payments into the new lease? Gotta watch for that ... just like rolling negative equity into a new loan.

@kazuya_mishima said:
    I guess I will find out when I go to dealer and follow up if needed. Was just trying to see if the actually monthly payment of 279 seems reasonable based on the average everyone else is paying.

Please let us know how the trip to the dealer works out - we're always here to help and answer questions!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• seanmwelshseanmwelsh Member Posts: 37

Hello!

I'm looking for May lease rates on a 2014 Ford Escape Se. 12,000 miles Northern Illinos.

I am also finding Ford is offering $1000 "Ecoboost Challenge" retail customer cash, $1000 Retail Bonus Customer Cash and $1000 Competitive Lease Conquest cash, all of which Ford is advertising can be used together. I also saw there is $1000 Dealer cash available. Are these incentives accurate and able to be used together?

Also since I live in Northern Illinois, close to Wisconsin, are the lease rates different if I shop in Wisconsin?

• seanmwelshseanmwelsh Member Posts: 37

Thanks a lot Michaell! I have another question that may not be related to this specific thread but I'm sure you will know the answer. Are dealers required to advise customers of the cash back incentives and required to include those incentives into the sale of the car, or is it merely descretion on their part? Do they generally take those incentives on the "back end"? And if I mention these incentives that I have found, by me mentioning them to the dealer, does that commit the dealer to using them in my deal or can they choose to do away with them and lose them in the "smoke and mirrors" of the deal?

I have purchased a ton of vehilce's in my day and for the most part I trust sales personnel and management about as far as I can throw them.....literally.

• carbuyingboycarbuyingboy Member Posts: 9

Can anyone tell me what incentives I am able to get if I lease Ford Escape SE?The only one I am not sure about is can "Customer $ offer" be used toward the lease or just when purchasing?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Here's the available incentives for the 2014 SE (I picked the Provo zip code - occasionally the incentives regional).

For leasing, there's $1,250 bonus cash through 7/7/14. "Dealer participation may vary". But I guess you knew all that.

The way I read it, the $1,000 "Customer $ Offer" is only available if you purchase and finance. It is a bit confusing because the leasing bonus cash offer says you must "finance" through FoMoCo. In my mind, financing means you are buying a car and leasing a car is just paying "rent".

You could double-check the fine print with Ford, but I can't get their incentives page to load at all.

Stever, that makes sense. I have been emailing dealerships asking the same questions and nobody is willing to give straight answers without me going in.
    If that cash bonus was available on lease it would put me in a perfect lease payment I want.
    edited June 2014

Well, try telling a few dealers that. And you can mention that you are looking at a CX-5 as well. Someone may whack the price down a bit. :smile:

Good luck!

@stever said:
    Well, try telling a few dealers that. And you can mention that you are looking at a CX-5 as well. Someone may whack the price down a bit. :smile:

Good luck!

Or Honda CR-V. Or Hyundai Tuscon. Or...

Lots of good choices out there. Buy what you like, not necessarily for the deal. Years ago I was shopping for a V6 mid-sized sedan. Looked at the Passat, Accord, Camry ... but I ended up buying a Saturn L300. Why? 0% financing from GM.

Nice car, but the savings up front was more than wiped out by the trade in value 7 years later.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

I happened to see @carbuyingboy's other post about the CX-5 before I replied in here. :p

And you're right, it's really a very competitive segment. I liked the CX-5 we tested not too long ago; didn't try out an Escape.

I like both Cx-5 and escape a lot. I will probably be happy with any out of the two. But money is kind of important factor for me because if my lease payment is over 280ish I would rather buy few year old used SUV.
    I didn't really like Cr-v and RAV 4. I might be biased against RAV 4 since I had bad experience with sales man.
    edited June 2014
    I was quoted $353 for ford escape with msrp of 31605. It had about $2000 worth of add ons that I don't want. $653 due at signing, 3 years ,36 k. They didn't give me selling price. They used $1250 rebate money but didn't use student incentive because I didn't tell them I qualify for it.
    Is it realistic to expect I can get my payment around 280-290 if I find escape with MSRP of 30,000, or is it just ridiculously low and I should be looking for something else?

@carbuyingboy said:
    I was quoted $353 for ford escape with msrp of 31605. It had about $2000 worth of add ons that I don't want. $653 due at signing, 3 years ,36 k. They didn't give me selling price. They used $1250 rebate money but didn't use student incentive because I didn't tell them I qualify for it.
    Is it realistic to expect I can get my payment around 280-290 if I find escape with MSRP of 30,000, or is it just ridiculously low and I should be looking for something else?

I think it will be a challenge to get below $300/mo on an Escape SE AWD.

Residual is 54% for 36mo/12K miles per year and MF is 1.25% (true MF is .00052). Don't know what the tax rate is where you live, but I plugged in a $30K MSRP and $27K net cap cost with the MF and residual and I get a pre-tax payment of $322.46. $26K net cap results in a pre-tax payment of $294.17. Not sure if you can get $3K off the sticker, then add in the lease cash on top of it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014
    Did the residual value change from last month? I was quoted last month and residual value they gave me was about 59% and MF 1%. Tax rate is 6.6.

@carbuyingboy said:
    Did the residual value change from last month? I was quoted last month and residual value they gave me was about 59% and MF 1%. Tax rate is 6.6.

Numbers from ford are updated quarterly, so there shouldn't be any changes from may.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• krell1krell1 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014

I'd like the current money factor and residual for an Escape Titanium. I've been getting mixed up information that does not match what the dealer is telling me. The dealer gave me 57% residual and a MF of 3%. Is that right? Also $2250 cash back.

@krell1 said:
    I'd like the current money factor and residual for an Escape Titanium. I've been getting mixed up information that does not match what the dealer is telling me. The dealer gave me 57% residual and a MF of 3%. Is that right? Also $2250 cash back.

What lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

OOPS.36 months and 12000 per year

edited June 2014

What I meant to ask,if I'm still not clear, is the money factor and residual for a 2014 Escape Titanium with a 36 month lease and 12000 miles per year. I'm also located in Utah if that makes a difference.

@krell1 said:
    @krell1 said: I'd like the current money factor and residual for an Escape Titanium. I've been getting mixed up information that does not match what the dealer is telling me. The dealer gave me 57% residual and a MF of 3%. Is that right? Also $2250 cash back. 36 months and 12000 per year

1.25% MF and $1000 lease cash; the only other incentive is $500 if you are renewing a Red Carpet Lease.

57% residual for 36/12 is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• deniska1deniska1 Member Posts: 46

Hello

I'm looking for residual and MF for 2014 Escape Titanium with navigation, AWD Ecobost. 24months / 10.5K a year.

Thank You

@deniska1 said:
    Hello

I'm looking for residual and MF for 2014 Escape Titanium with navigation, AWD Ecobost. 24months / 10.5K a year.

Thank You

0.25% APR and 65% residual. $1000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    0.25% APR and 65% residual. $1000 lease cash.

Thank you for the quick response. I did not specify the engine, but I'm assuming above numbers are for 2.0?. An APR of 0.25% translates to a MF of 0.000104167? I took 0.25 and divided it by 2400, is this a correct formula? I'm using truecar.com to get the final selling price for the vehicle. On a vehicle with $35,935, i'm getting a promised price of $31,331. Before taxes and fees. When I plug in all the number into a lease calculator spread sheet, I come back with a monthly payment of $338 before taxes and fees and 0 down. I have suspicion that I'm using a wrong MF. Please let me know if my monthly payments are accurate.

Thank You

@deniska1 said:
    Thank you for the quick response. I did not specify the engine, but I'm assuming above numbers are for 2.0?. An APR of 0.25% translates to a MF of 0.000104167? I took 0.25 and divided it by 2400, is this a correct formula? I'm using truecar.com to get the final selling price for the vehicle. On a vehicle with $35,935, i'm getting a promised price of $31,331. Before taxes and fees. When I plug in all the number into a lease calculator spread sheet, I come back with a monthly payment of $338 before taxes and fees and 0 down. I have suspicion that I'm using a wrong MF. Please let me know if my monthly payments are accurate.

The residual and MF are not engine-specific.

Yes, the MF of .25% equates to a 'true' MF of .000104 - dividing by 2400 is the correct formula.

My calculations are the same as yours with the MSRP and selling price you've provided - $338/mo before taxes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    My calculations are the same as yours with the MSRP and selling price you've provided - $338/mo before taxes.

Great thank you!! looks like with the right information figuring out the lease payments is not such a big mistery as many of the dealers would have you believe.

• ox1ox1 Member Posts: 4

Hi, looking for MF and residual on 36 month, 18K AWD SE in NJ. MSRP 29390.
    Supposed selling price of 26400. Nothing down, all fees taxes included. Offer was $369.

Thanks

@ox1 said:
    Hi, looking for MF and residual on 36 month, 18K AWD SE in NJ. MSRP 29390.
    Supposed selling price of 26400. Nothing down, all fees taxes included. Offer was $369.

Thanks

1.25% and 53%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ox1ox1 Member Posts: 4

@Michaell said:
    1.25% and 53%.

Thank you. Using lease calculators, I get
    Sticker-29390
    sell-26400
    residual -15576
    depr fee $300.65/month
    Lease fee $21.83/month
    Tax $22.57/month

or $345.05/month (again 36 month, 18K). Assuming $440 for 4 years registration and $500ish doc or other fees, that puts me right @ $370/M.

Does this sound right and/or should I expect to get a number substanially below this?

This discussion has been closed.