Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• accordnjaccordnj Member Posts: 20

Thanks everyone. I will keep you posted on this journey

• tjc30tjc30 Member Posts: 11

Truecar is just another tool dealers use to make the innocent and ignorant buyer believe that they got a good deal. My truecar quotes are at least $1000 more than the final negotiated price.

• emma27emma27 Member Posts: 15
    We've been around and around and finally settled on an Accord EX. I'm seeing lots of people on here buying the EX-L but anyone know the invoice for an EX or what to aim for? I see different invoice numbers on websites so I'm not sure what to shoot down from. I'm gathering 700-1400 below invoice is a good goal? Thanks for any help.
  • antwawaantwawa Member Posts: 2

I am looking at the 2014 Accord Coupe I4 CVT EX-L. What is the best price I should expect? I see that the Invoice is $26,718. I am looking in the Atlanta area.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

emma27,... accord ex invoice=23,497 dest charge =790 total= 24,287

Antwawa... you will find dealers price from 600 below invoice to as high as 1600 below invoice excluding any rebates , incentives, taxes, title, and doc fee charges. By getting several dealerships involved is how you will make your best deal.. Read prior board postings the last 3 months for a idea on your area's selling price.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Thank you, Brian! You are a great help and resource!
    edited March 2014

All your prices can be viewed on NADA.com very easy to navigate thru site. Edmunds new web design is terrible and its to many steps/ confusing to get to pricing.. Its a joke how folks find this site to post questions and can't even find invoice prices here at edmunds..

Thanks! I have an offer of 23,100 for an EX.
  • jayblazerjayblazer Member Posts: 3

Hmm...glad I cam across this forum! I still haven't decided but in all likelihood I'm going with an Accord Touring V6 or the Touring Hybrid. I've owned too many Hondas/Acuras to be brave enough to try something else.

In my initial outreach via email I've received offers for the Touring at 31,720 (with flexcash) and 35,695 for the hybrid (with cash). Seems like what I thought was a good deal (for the touring v6) really isn't and I should be able to do at least 1k better. I'm paying cash so I guess I'll miss out on the 500 but is 30k even a good number to aim for?

Thanks!!

How much lower than 23,100 do you think I can get them on an EX? I don't think flex is included in that price. There are a lot of dealer add-ons installed and I wouldn't have done at least half of them.
    edited March 2014

jayblazer.

Why do you have to miss out on getting another 500 dollars in flex cash.?. If you have the money to buy vehicle outright ask each dealership what there minimum down payment needs to be to get the flex cash option. Some dealers will let you put down as little as 7,500 dollars..

After 10 to 20 days you could pay off loan. By financing car dealer might be able to get you a better price on the vehicle.

edited March 2014

Emma27

Only you can answer that question.. The price I can get on a new car you may never get.

Factor's that effect pricing and how good you will do.

1- Supply and demand

2- Your Area

3- How good you can Negotiate or Play the game.

By getting as many dealers involved / as far as you want to travel to buy will help you get the best price in your area.. Email / call 30 dealers like i speak about in prior posts and you will make the best possible deal in your AREA.

Emma if you want a model with no or limited accessories you tell each dealer what you want,, You are the customer... Its your money.. . If dealers wont comply you walk away and go to the next dealership..

What is the difference outside of getting the lowest price between 20 honda dealerships closest to your house.

Answer:

Nothing............. they all sell the same product. That product can be serviced at any one of those stores while under warranty.

Great advice. Thank you so much Brian.
    edited March 2014

Emma what state are you looking to buy???

• jayblazerjayblazer Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Brian--unfortunately I'm cash rich but credit poor due to a failed business several years ago. I'm in Washington state on the border with Oregon and totally willing to travel anywhere to get the best deal. I fly a lot for my work so I've got frequent flyer and hotel points to use that would make it super cheap.
  • jpljpl Member Posts: 36

Message for BRIAN, I live on Long Island, what dealers have Intenet salesperson,
    Will Travel, if necessary!! Thanks, joe

edited March 2014

There are about 12 honda dealers on long Island.. All have internet sales dept.. dealerships that wont discuss price or negotiate on line or by phone remove off your list unless you want to go directly into dealership and haggle.. Here are some more NY dealerships

New Rochelle

Yonkers

Friendly....are a couple more to contact..

Stay away from.............. Plaza,, Hillside and Paragon

Auto-Sport honda in N.J.

Ended up going to the Dallas area. We got an EX CVT for about $22,500 including flex. There are 5-6 dealer accessories added that were not itemized in the price of the car. So that's about $5K under MSRP. Emailed many dealers. Talked to 3 on the phone. We went with the one that seemed like it would be the smoothest deal. Might have been able to deal more with one of the others, but I feel like sitting down with then would have been a hassle. One of the salesmen on the phone seemed impressed with my knowledge and told me I know my stuff. So thank you, especially Brian!
  • evped2evped2 Member Posts: 21

That's a great price emma27. Last year I paid $22,700 for an EX with a manual transmission.

Thanks, evped2. Another dealer offered to beat any price but said the add-ons (same ones I got, that weren't on my invoice) were $1700.
  • shaileshpshaileshp Member Posts: 6

Hi Emma, What's the invoive price for your CVT. How much TTL you paid. Is $22,500 your Out the Door price ?

• AmigoAmigo Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2014

@brian125 said:
    There are about 12 honda dealers on long Island.. All have internet sales dept.. dealerships that wont discuss price or negotiate on line or by phone remove off your list unless you want to go directly into dealership and haggle.. Here are some more NY dealerships

New Rochelle

Yonkers

Friendly....are a couple more to contact..

Stay away from.............. Plaza,, Hillside and Paragon

Auto-Sport honda in N.J.

Did any one have any positive/negative experiences dealing with DCH Paramus Honda ..their pricing seems on par/better than Autosporthonda.

I am looking to purchase the Accord V6 Sedan..this month around NJ.

Thnx.

• zhelderzhelder Member Posts: 42

@Amigo said: Did any one have any positive/negative experiences dealing with DCH Paramus Honda ..their pricing seems on par/better than Autosporthonda.

I am looking to purchase the Accord V6 Sedan..this month .

Drive the 15 miles up Route 17 to Mahwah Honda. I had an experience with DCH several years ago when I helped my brother buy a used car. We looked at cars at DCH, when some guy in a trench coat literally appeared out of the shadows. After following us around for several minutes and giving us the heebie-geebies, he told us he was "Mr. X" (don't remember his name) and he was the used car manager. Used car manager?!? I thought we were going to be robbed by him. After giving us prices on several cars and a business card, we knew he wasn't lying. Yikes.

Both of my experiences at Mahwah Honda were positive, especially this last one buying my '13 Touring last week. The salesmen were friendly and low pressure. I used a True Car quote from DCH Honda as leverage in negotiating, and they said to me, "You can go there if you want, but they're going to play games with you." I knew they were right, but of course I couldn't say anything while negotiating. Mahwah was upfront about everything, and didn't play games with me. While I probably could have gotten a slightly better deal by e-mailing a bunch of dealers, I was over a barrel since my '04 Accord blew its transmission and I had to make a quick decision. Despite the fact they the salespeople knew this since my old car was sitting in their repair shop immobile, they gave me a fair deal on a great car.

edited March 2014

@Emma Is yours a Accord Sedan EX or CRV EX ?

@shaileshp said:
    Hi Emma, What's the invoive price for your CVT. How much TTL you paid. Is $22,500 your Out the Door price ?

@shaileshp The 22,500 was the price before TTL. It's a 2014 Accord EX sedan. CVT means automatic.
    The 22,500 included destination.
    edited March 2014

Thanks emma. The lowest quote I've received so far is 22650+TTL for EX CVT, still under negotiation phase. Looking at you earlier post you mentioned somewhere previously that you're looking for Honda CRV EX, so I got confused with model, clear now :). Congrats on your new car!

@emma27 said:
    shaileshp The 22,500 was the price before TTL. It's a 2014 Accord EX sedan. CVT means automatic.

• jayjayjayjayjayjay Member Posts: 2

Want to thank everyone for their posts esp. Brian. I think I did alright as I picked up my Accord SE this weekend. Here is the breakdown. Vehicle including doc fee and dest. - 21,971, less the 500 flex cash. Had them throw in all season mats at no charge. This was in NJ at Autosport which I highly recommend. Great car btw and great value.

@shaileshp said:
    Thanks emma. The lowest quote I've received so far is 22650+TTL for EX CVT, still under negotiation phase. Looking at you earlier post you mentioned somewhere previously that you're looking for Honda CRV EX, so I got confused with model, clear now :). Congrats on your new car!

You're right. We were looking at CRVs but finally decided on the Accord.

edited March 2014

@jayjayjay said:
    Want to thank everyone for their posts esp. Brian. I think I did alright as I picked up my

Accord SE this weekend. Here is the breakdown. Vehicle including doc fee and dest. - 21,971, less the 500 flex cash. Had them throw in all season mats at no charge. This was in NJ at Autosport which I highly recommend. Great car btw and great value.

Congrats Jay !.
    ....is the 21,971 including flex cash ?

• jayjayjayjayjayjay Member Posts: 2

@Amigo - Nope 21971 - 500 = 21471 plus TT&L

edited March 2014

@jayjayjay said:
    Amigo - Nope 21971 - 500 = 21471 plus TT&L

That's a gr8 price..if i am not mistaken its close to 2k below invoice !

• mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354

jay jay....which model Accord did you get at Autosport. What is an Accord SE. I dont think anyone will get an Accord at Autosport for 2000 less than invoice based on my phone calls with the internet mgr. Did you trade a car? Its just not going to happen, even with flex cash.

• tjc30tjc30 Member Posts: 11

What accord SE ?

• gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699

@tjc30 said:
    What accord SE ?

Read yesterday's posts.

2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • accordcoupeaccordcoupe Member Posts: 4

I live in Los Angeles area and am planning to purchase 2014 Accord EX coupe CVT soon. Can anyone share their price paid and buying experience around southern California. I saw someone in this forum purchased his 2014 Accord EX coupe CVT in March for $21,700 +TTL. Is this a good deal?

edited March 2014

The Accord ex cvt coupe's invoice with destanation charge = 24,716. At 21,700 that price would be near impossible for a 2014. Re check your numbers.

Its hard to find certain posts on back pages with edmunds new web design these posts have no numbers so its alot harder to find old posts. There were 2 poster who made deals for about 1000 below on your models invoice price. Go back and find posts..

If you could get a similar deal and get dealers flex cash of 500 for financing vehicle thru honda ................ you will have made a very good deal..

• accordcoupeaccordcoupe Member Posts: 4

Brian125, thanks for your advise. This thread was posted on March 5, page 18 by Eastwest30. I think he got this deal because he was eligible for an additional $500 college grad rebate. Do you think $23,000 + TTL is reasonable price as starting point for negotiation.

edited March 2014

Not a straight out deal of 1716 below invoice.. If you get some help with flex and college money. I think its very do- able then.. Your model is limited on dealership lots which in return leads to a higher selling price.

• ekb13ekb13 Member Posts: 4

Hi! I'm new here and have learned quite a bit the last couple of days reading the threads. I'm currently looking at a 2014 Accord LX CVT sedan in North Louisiana. I've got a price (including the $790 destination fee) of 20, 164.76. Fees and taxes for my area would put the out-the-door price at $22,212. Does this seem like a fair shake or should I keep looking around?

Also, the dealership has a certified 2013 LX with only 9K miles and they want $21,3xx for it but said they won't budge on price. The upside to that one is it comes with 100K powertrain warranty.

Advice? I've never owned a Honda and the first and only time I've bought a car was 11 years ago and it was a no-haggle Saturn (which is still going at 205,000 miles!).

Thanks!

edited March 2014

ekb,

The 2014 lx cvt is a good buy at 1456 below invoice. Tell the dealer to keep there 2013 model with 9k miles. That is no deal and no loss at that price.. A 2013 used Accord should be 3000 to 4500 off the orignial Invoice price or that is not a good buy or investment in a vehicle.

If dealership has not already added flex cash of 500 dollars to your good price see if they have flex cash to give if you finance vehicle thru them..

• ekb13ekb13 Member Posts: 4

brian, thanks so much for the reply. I'll shoot them an email about the flex cash and see where it gets me.

• micheletk1micheletk1 Member Posts: 4

I have an offer for a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan from a dealership in South Florida. Car price is $23,286.36 plus TTL and doc fee of $699, for a total out the door price of around $25,800 or so. This includes $500 flex cash. Is this good for a 2013 at this point, which the dealership has 18 of them on their lot. I think they can do better, but not sure at this point.

edited March 2014

michele

2013 invoice w dest charge =..............26,399

minus dealers offer.............................23,286

total.................................................- 3,113 below invoice price

minus doc fee of 699...................... -699

Total below invoice.............................2,414 below invoice.

This is not a good deal .. 3000 below is the lowest price you should consider. If i'm buying this car i want 4000 off to even consider buying a 1 year old model . In the event of a stolen vehicle or you total this car in a accident what do you think the Ins. company is giving you for a 1 yr, 4 month old vehicle. this is the difference you need to make up in money from the dealer. Otherwise buy a 2014 model accord that is selling for 1000 to maybe 1500 off invoice price with flex cash..

• skip65skip65 Member Posts: 5

Wow, what a wealth of information here, so happy to have found this forum, and to be on board. Just have begun the quest for a 2014 Accord, hopefully an EX-L. Live near Baltimore, but willing to travel a little... as I see many of you have done. Had to go to the dealer yesterday to launch our search, as we needed to test drive. So glad to know to know that there is another option when we finalize this sale- the internet and the phone. Thanks for all of your wonderful posts, and thanks in advance for any tips you may give me.

edited March 2014

Skip65, buying a vehicle should be a pleasant experience.. But it is not...... with all the dealership nonesense of lies, confusing prices , bait and switch tactics, etc.. Lucky for you your area has some of the better dealerships selling accords at prices we'd love to see in the North East.. Dealerships like Pohanka , Criswell to name a few.. Do your research and tell all your visited dealerships you will be testing other vehicles you have not decide on what car you may want. Test drives and negotiations are done on different days. Read thru my prior posts making a list of dealerships to call for your info dealers doc fee charges and availability of dealership flex cash . 2 important pieces of info needed before you decide on a target price to buy..

Once you know the exact model, colors, and options if any you are ready to buy. If your credit is not good find outside finance approval 1st , Call your INs company ahead of time for a INS quote and get numbers where to fax dealership paperwork. Being prepared is the key with pricing , knowing how and when to buy is key in making the best possible deal. If you have a high volume dealership near you drive by and see how many accords are on his lot.. Supply is a very good thing for the consumer.. Let the internet work for you getting intial prices and letting each dealership know what model you want to buy , what price gets your business..

Sounds like fun.......... good luck

• micheletk1micheletk1 Member Posts: 4

@brian125 said:
    michele

2013 invoice w dest charge =..............26,399

minus dealers offer.............................23,286

total.................................................- 3,113 below invoice price

minus doc fee of 699...................... -699

Total below invoice.............................2,414 below invoice.

This is not a good deal .. 3000 below is the lowest price you should consider. If i'm buying this car i want 4000 off to even consider buying a 1 year old model . In the event of a stolen vehicle or you total this car in a accident what do you think the Ins. company is giving you for a 1 yr, 4 month old vehicle. this is the difference you need to make up in money from the dealer. Otherwise buy a 2014 model accord that is selling for 1000 to maybe 1500 off invoice price with flex cash..

Thanks so much for the breakdown Brian. It is much appreciated. I am going to try and get them down more as I can wait and see if any more cars are sold this month and see if they start to get desperate next month.

• basabbasab Member Posts: 2

All,

Just bought a Honda Accord EXL Non Navigation from Hendrick Honda, Woodbridge, VA yesterday. I must say it was a pleasure dealing with them! Drove 80 miles from Richmond after work, and it was worth it! I just talked to Brad the Sales Guy once on Phone, finalized the price, and there were no surprises when I stepped in!

Total OTD price was $26100, included all taxes registration, Processing, Tags! For the icing on top, the car came pre-installed with Trunk Tray, Wheel Locks, All weather Mats, Paint protection, Door Edge Guard.

And did I tell you that they offer life time Powertran Warranty on all their new cars?

I have researched and talked to atleast 7-8 other Honda dealers in Metro Richmond Region, and No one was even close to meet their price.

All said and done, i was out of the Dealership with my new car in less than 2 hours :).

I am extremely happy with my purchase, and would highly recommend the dealer! When I had a big confusion with the financing, Tariq was patient enough to go over with all the details meticulously.

Good Luck to all!

Basab

@Brian125- Thank you so much. I have been reading up on these boards all evening, and taking notes. Finding this site made my day, and it will probably take up most of my tomorrows, until I get my car. Thanks for the helpful info in your response, too. This is great.

@brian125 said:
    Skip65, buying a vehicle should be a pleasant experience.. But it is not...... with all the dealership nonesense of lies, confusing prices , bait and switch tactics, etc.. Lucky for you your area has some of the better dealerships selling accords at prices we'd love to see in the North East.. Dealerships like

Would appreciate advice about the "end of the month" car buying timeline. Ready now to buy an Accord, and kind of anxious to get started, however I have been reading here that buying on the last two days of the month would give me a definite edge. OK, so is NOW too early to start asking for competitive bids online? The last day of March is on a Monday- would the Friday or Saturday before be better days to make my actual offers? Afraid that if I wait until Monday, I might be cutting it too close. And one more thing. I've been reading about the $500 flex cash, and that it can run out. Even given that, is it better to wait until the very end of the month? Thanks in advance for your thoughts / advice on this.