Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• ekb13ekb13 Member Posts: 4

Good question, skip. I'm interested in the responses to this. We're ready to buy but have wondered if we need to wait another week....

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited March 2014

With honda dealerships giving out flex cash on a first come basis til there flex runs out it is best to start your negotiation process online now. Email/ call all your targeted dealerships that have flex cash first.. If you could get your target price today then buy today......... if you cant... Negotiate thru til the end of this month making your best deal. what will happen some dealers may run out of flex cash before the end of the month. In area's like NY/ NJ, PA DE. CT, it might be best to make a 800 below invoice deal and get the dealerships flex cash of 500. This would be a good deal in above mentioned area's .

If a dealership runs out of flex cash then that dealership will have to take less profit money on there vehicle to match a flex cash sale from another dealer..

This month is the end of the 1st quarter for all car companies. Your best deals will come from dealers that need to pick up sales numbers and have flex cash.. Dealers that dont need these sales numbers will give you a take it or leave it price.. This is why we get as many dealerships involved as possible to see..... which dealerships will sell cheaper than the rest of them.

good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited March 2014

JOHN,

I posted this in this forum 2 weeks ago,, If you missed it here it is again...

Step 1---- Call as many dealerships as your willing to travel to... ask dealership Internet dept. for,

Internet managers, name, email, and direct phone number.

ask all dealerships if they have flex cash if you finance thru them.

ask all dealerships what there doc fee charge is???

Step 2---- Once your arrmed and ready with this info you need to know your exact model and any options you want.

Have a target price to buy. there should be a high and a low number to earn your business.. You should start your buying process the last week of any month holding out to the last days if need be for best pricing.. So after step 2

Now your ready to negotiate a deal. Start your calls, emails to your targeted dealerships The 3rd week of the month.

To avoid wasted time on the phone when collecting your info if they switch you to to a floor salesman tell him/ her your looking for these questions to be answered you will be considering buying a honda at months end and will be going thru the internet dept for the sale.. Do not get involved with leaving your name etc. your calls are for collecting info. If saleman wont help you hang up and ask for the internet sales dept... . Step 3 is talking and negotiating with Int/ mgrs. or there associates about pricing ..

edited March 2014

Be careful with dealership lies on flex cash...... Alot of people have been complaining that dealers are trying to sell them a vehicle without flex saying we have no more to give. Then a week or 2 later claiming they can do deal with flex cash added. Go read the honda . org sites. Some of our members here have said the same.. Must be something new dealers are pulling. Be mindful and careful. There is no way to know if dealers are lying to you or not. Dealerships that have very good consumer reviews should be more honest.

This is why I by pass the first 3 weeks of car buying in any month.. To much nonesense, and lies trying to get prices and a straight answers with dealers.. I say this like a broken record over and over in many edmunds forums here ..... Your first 21 days are better spent getting your targeted dealerships info, like Int. mgr. name, and number, and email. doc fee charges, flex cash avalibility, test drives, exact vehicle desired , financing, and target prices together before you start to negotiate.. If need be you take this process to the very end of the month then decide... Do i take take xxx price, or do i need to lower my target and agree to take dealer x price.. this is how you negotiate and make your best deal.

In over 40 yrs of buying like I preach... via emails , and direct calls to the dealership Int. mgr. . I have done alot beter than any person who walks into a dealership and sits down with a salesman with out knowing his/ her area pricing from 10 or 20 different dealers or dealers from out of there state and in driving distance. Once you know your area price and surrounding states prices you have the leverage to better negotiate. Calling the dealers out if they are not honest / lying to you.

• AmigoAmigo Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2014

Looks like some of the the dealers in the Baltimore area are offering some very good prices.

Is there any disadvantage in purchasing a car from an out of state dealer...when it comes to future maintenance or service or recalls or TSb(issues) to be fixed. Will the local dealer just ignore or care less abot the issue ..since the vehicle wasn't purchased from them.

You can service your vehicle at any honda dealership while under warranty.

I bought my Accord V6 exl in New York last Feb, 2013. My accord that I gave to my daughter In Jan needs a new Transmission... The housing case or something outside of trans housing cracked. Oil is leaking. .. The dealership in Boston where my daughter is living is going to repalce Transmission for her. The Accord has only 3500 miles on it.

• skip65skip65 Member Posts: 5

Brian: THANK YOU. Sorry I didn't find that timeline myself, thought I had covered it all. Your help here is invaluable. @ Amigo glad to know that Baltimore is offering good prices. I'm also close to DE and PA, and willing to travel a little. Will keep you all posted.

Collection being taken for my transmission.....LOL... I had 3 honda accords over the years. I had a 2003 Honda Pilot. My 03 pilot had a transmission problem at 100 k. I sold it to my nephew in 2008 with 60 k . My 2004 V-6 accord did not have a trans problem but that year accord had a recall on transmissions with many noted trans problems. 2003 accord was another bad year for honda.. Accords, Civic's , Pilots, and odyssey had trans problems well before 70k miles.

• rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2014

Just to give you guys something to think about who are buying the new Accords. Yesterday I bought a 2012 EXL, Auto (No Nav) for $19,000 plus tax. It is black with ivory leather interior. Interior is immaculate, not a dent in the exterior, a few light surface stretches you see in bright light (typical of black) - otherwise excellent shape - almost new condition. It has 30,900 miles on it. MPG is just 2 MPG lower than the new ones. It is a Honda certified car so I have bumper to bumper till 48,000 miles and engine till 100,000 miles. I like that it is the last year of this series so hopefully most problems are resolved. I bought a new '08 Accord LX-P and it is now my 18-yearold's car with 140,000 miles on it. Had a few issues at the beginning that were aggravating but it has otherwise been a typical, reliable Honda Accord. I was a little worried about buying the CVT in its first year. I want to know I will get 200,000 miles without big repair expenses. Just something to think about.

Rbell2

Good points... Lets hope this new generation Accord now in its 2nd year of production has less noted problems with the cvt trans shuddering at low speeds. On a whole its really not that many complaints compared to how many units they made.. But the fact of the matter is if i had a cvt with problems i would be pissed .

• skip65skip65 Member Posts: 5

@Rbell2

Gave this route some serious thought, but decided to take chances and go for the new car this time. Have to get yet another car in about a year, and at that point, will do what you did, and can only hope to make out as well. Sounds like you got yourself a sweet deal and a beautiful car. Thx for sharing that.

• mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354

Brian...I contacted Criswell Honda in MD and talked to the new car sales manager. I asked for the internet mgr and got him. He was not willing to fax me a buyers order(invoice) but sent email with sales price plus freight plus processing fee less flex as separate line items. After these items it said plus tags and tax. He claimed their was no add'l amt for out of state buyer fee but I am not sure whether to believe him because ODonnell wanted an add'l 156.00 for out of state fees if I financed the car. The price was about 850 less than lowest dealer in NJ but approx 4 hour drive. Should I trust him without a signed buyers order (invoice). Wow, so many tranmission problems with Honda. Even with your new EXL. Are they going to replace the trans with a brand new one or rebuilt one? I know the early 2000 Odesseys had problems with transmissions and certain accord models around the mid 2000's. I leary of the CVT transmission in the Accords but my only other choice is the Camry, but I am beginning to think that it could be more reliable since it has the conventional transmission. Also the EX he had listed for 26718 vs 26470 for all other dealers I contacted. In the email it said CVT with sport mode. I never heard of this in an EX. Do you know anything about it.

I would be really annoyed also if I bought the car and had CVT problems. I mean, my 2000 Civic has over 200K miles with no issues whatsoever. I just change the fluid frequently.

edited March 2014

Mike looks like were getting close to a deal,

How are you buying this car?. Cash or Credit. Tell manager that you will not drive 5 hours without wriiten proof of this price. He must fax over the bill of sale and you will leave him a credit card deposit to show your serious about buying vehicle. Flip the story on him ask him if he would drive for 5 hours on a dealers word. Quoting a selling price with no proof ... If he still wont fax the bill of sale let him know you will think about it and he will probably lose the sale over this ....If this is the case tomm, I will tell you how to proceed and close this deal real fast.. Make sure your not dealing with any floor salesman.... Internet manager / sales manager only on this deal...

What i'd like to tell that manager is...

If you make me drive down here 5 hours and your email is not to the penney for the sale of this car... Would I be wrong for sending you to the hospital upon my arrival.

My daughters Accord will be getting a new trans. What i want to do is have honda give me a 100k warranty on this new one for my troubles. The only problem with that scenario is if corporate honda wont agree to give me the 100k waranty on the new trans. Only the selling dealer in NY might agree to that, not the dealership up in boston fixing the transmission............................ will see

Would I do better wih TrueCar in NJ. One recent poster implied that he got a better deal at Autosport with TrueCar than by dealing with he internet mgr. How does true car work? Do they tell you which dealer to go to and will the dealer honor their price. If I got a price thru TC would it screw up my dealings with the internet mgr. TrueCar obvioulsy isnt doing this for free, how do they get paid?

edited March 2014

Mike

Criswell gets first crack tomm at your business then:

I would call ODonnell honda back.. There doc fee's are only 200 dollars.. I have heard good things about them as far as being honest. Criswell also w/ very good pricing ... .. ..So look at both deals you have going. Make Odonnell match Criswell price for the sale tomm. Tell Odonnell if you want the sale to match Criswell then send you a buyers order. In return after you and dealer both sign buyers order you will leave a credit card deposit and come pick up vehicle when ready.. Tell ODONNELL his dealership has to decide that moment or your giving Criswell the sale.. This is how i negotiate with dealers. I'm in command and letting them know take this sale or your losing me to xx dealer. I love to pit one dealer against the next. I tell them right at the end what dealers you will lose out to if you dont lock up this sale NOW... If ODonnell knows Criswell is in the mix he knows that price is legit and if he could he will try and steal the sale from Criswell.. The dealership at Odonnell is going to believe you .. Why... BEcause your from NJ and your playing hardball with Md dealerships.. You will Not be percieved as your average buyer . Or you could take the standard approach and Your reasoning could be there closer to drive to or Criswell wont send a faxed buyers order to you... Dont give up that info til you pull the power move on ODonnell . Save that email you have from Criswell it may come in handy with other md dealerships.

Give Criswell the opportunity to earn your business. I always think gloom and doom even with the better dealerships... Any manager who tells you to drive 5 hours with no written proof of sale is either a Moron or thinks you are .. Make sure you let him know that..

Hit me up with some good news tomm MR MIKE............ Go for it..

edited March 2014

Direct talks to dealerships is the only way.. Every joe- smo in Nj is getting 250 or 450 below invoice after considering doc fee charges and no flex cash.... thats what you will get from true car pricing. true car gets a kick back from dealerships that folks buy from.

Find two different arera codes in MD...... punch in those area codes into true car and see what kind of pricing comes up. Use area codes by Criswell and Pohanka. Then put your area code in from Nj to see this area's pricing .

• bcontrenasbcontrenas Member Posts: 2

Hey Guys,
    Im currently financing a civic 2009 coupe. I've got three years on it and want to get rid of it and hop into an accord Sport 2014. My car is only worth 9,500 and I owe a little over 11,000 so I have negative equity. What would be the best way to go about getting the best deal to lease and accord sport 2014? I'm new to this.

edited March 2014

Sell your Civic privately hoping you get the full 9500 dollars. Pay off the remaining 1500 loan then your ready to start another bad investment...lol . Buying a new vehicle is one of the worst investments we could make. With depreciation value's, bad roads , weather conditions, and other bad drivers our cars are not worth much after 4 or 5 years. The smart folks buy that 3 or 4 year old vehicle saving 50% or more off cars original value.. I'm like you.... I buy 3 new vehicles every 4 years on a average, sometimes 3 years if i get tired of vehicle. I waste alot of money for sure. My vehicles are garaged and in great shape after 4 years but never could recoup the money spent.... You only live once enjoy life while your down here.

If you trade your car back to the dealer expect to take another 1500 to 2k loss on the trade.

Call your local honda dealership ask them if they use galves or nada pricing to figure a trade. Not many dealerships will go near a Edmunds, or KBB price. Once you know what book there using figure on thats what your going to get / give and take a few hundred depending on the condition of your vehicle.

Edmunds has a 2009 ex coupe / auto, with 50k miles... trade in at 11k.. Can you get that price ?? probably not

Nada trade price............. on the ex model ........................................$9200

galves will be lower

• cthulhu23cthulhu23 Member Posts: 2

Pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2014 Accord EX-L minus navigation in the DFW area. I got it for 27,550 including TTL, out the door. Not the best deal seen in this thread, but still, not bad for the area I don't think. Car came with the trunk tray, tint, wheel locks, pin stripe and the splash guards. Good luck to everyone buying!

• bcontrenasbcontrenas Member Posts: 2

@brian125
    I went on nada they're saying my car is worth 9,800. My car is in average condition with 59,000 miles.

I also went to a local dealer. Just to get some figures. He was telling me he'll take me off my loan and get me into a sport for $375 a month. Doesn't sound like a deal.

• cthulhu23cthulhu23 Member Posts: 2

@cthulhu23 said:
    Pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2014 Accord EX-L minus navigation in the DFW area. I got it for 27,550 including TTL, out the door. Not the best deal seen in this thread, but still, not bad for the area I don't think. Car came with the trunk tray, tint, wheel locks, pin stripe and the splash guards. Good luck to everyone buying!

Also, forgot to mention...there was no trade in on the deal.

edited March 2014

@bcontrenas said:
    brian125
    I went on nada they're saying my car is worth 9,800. My car is in average condition with 59,000 miles.

I also went to a local dealer. Just to get some figures. He was telling me he'll take me off my loan and get me into a sport for $375 a month. Doesn't sound like a deal.

Nada quote was on trade in to dealer on the ex, coupe model.. whats your model maybe thats why price is different.

any prices you recieve you need all disclosed info on price so you could figure out how dealer arrived at that price.. Residual cost, cap cost, money factor etc.. price for your vehicle

• micheletk1micheletk1 Member Posts: 4

@brian125 said:
    michele

2013 invoice w dest charge =..............26,399

minus dealers offer.............................23,286

total.................................................- 3,113 below invoice price

minus doc fee of 699...................... -699

Total below invoice.............................2,414 below invoice.

This is not a good deal .. 3000 below is the lowest price you should consider. If i'm buying this car i want 4000 off to even consider buying a 1 year old model . In the event of a stolen vehicle or you total this car in a accident what do you think the Ins. company is giving you for a 1 yr, 4 month old vehicle. this is the difference you need to make up in money from the dealer. Otherwise buy a 2014 model accord that is selling for 1000 to maybe 1500 off invoice price with flex cash..

I pushed this dealer to knock another $500 off this price, so I would be at $2,914 below invoice, plus I got them to throw in 2 years of Maintanance (Oil Changes, etc.) which I think is about a $250 value). They will not go any lower than this, and I do think it is an ok deal. How do I get them to go further at this point, considering they have 18 of this trim on the lot. Or should I just purchase the car.

edited March 2014

Micheletk1

Good job getting another 500 off your price and 2 yr on oil changes. Go buy it.. For the record I'm still not a big fan of just 3000 off invoice but it really is not such a bad deal. I look at your deal from a stand point if your car is stolen or totaled in a accident... whats my depreciation cost on 2013 vehicle compared to a 2014 model.. compared to prices paid in both years....... thats my formula..

What i like about your new deal is you countered the dealerships high doc fee charge of 699 with getting another 500 off price and oil changes.. Enjoy your new Accord

• accordcoupeaccordcoupe Member Posts: 4

I got this initial internet quote on 2014 EX coupe CVT for $23,138 + TTL in southern California area. How much do you think I can lower?

edited March 2014

Accordcoupe,

Was flex cash put in this deal? you did not say... Your at 1578 below invoice minus dealers doc fee charge.

I will assume?

If you recieved a selling price of 1k below invoice on this vehicle plus flex of 500 -- you have some more room to negotiate. If you want. Very good price so far regardless of your decesion to buy or negotiate price down some more.

If its a sraight out deal of 1578 below invoice most likely not much more if any to reduce price.

Double check that dest/ charge was included in the selling price..... Its 790.. This would change your deal and what i posted.

Post your dealerships name, and final numbers on your decsion with your accord purchase

• jkl3jkl3 Member Posts: 5

Hello,

Since this forum was so helpful to me, I wanted to share my experience buying a 2014 Accord Sedan EX-L in the Raleigh/Durham area. We went to Auto Park Honda in Cary (originally just to test drive) but knew we wanted the Accord since we were finally parting with our 1999 model. Sales guy was very low key and I threw out a low number to see if they would take it. They accepted and we ended up at $25,900 plus TTL, plus doc fee of $398, less $500 in flex cash for OTD at $26,648. We also got free oil changes for life of the car. I think we did pretty well and can't believe all the changes in 14 years! ;) Good luck everyone!

• goofymangoofyman Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2014

Not sure how good a deal it is but I just want to share:

Over the weekend I got the 2014 Accord LX. I am in NC.

$20,600 + TTL + Tax = $21,300 Out of the door.

Price includes free oil change for life as long as I own the car. The dealer is 3 miles from my home.

Usually I don't do this, but I was convinced into extended warranty. $1,100 for a 7 years, 120k miles; can be treated in any Honda dealership in the country. I wonder though why the dealer pushed a CNA warranty and not a Honda Extended warranty.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421

@goofyman

there should be a cancellation period for the warranty! See if you can cancel it. Not worth it at all. They pushed the CNA warranty over the Honda warranty because it is cheaper for them to buy and they can make more profit selling it to you. You bought a fantastic car in an Accord LX. What is going to go wrong with it that will cost you $1100? NOTHING! It is a Honda.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• emma27emma27 Member Posts: 15
    I'm really torn on extended warranties. When I have bought them, I have at least broken even. We didn't buy an extended warranty on our Odyssey years ago, but due to dealer mistakes we were given one. We've had quite a few issues with it including motor mounts (known problem) and fortunately we had the warranty to cover all of the issues that ended up being $1000s.
    edited March 2014

@nyccarguy said:
    goofyman

there should be a cancellation period for the warranty! See if you can cancel it. Not worth it at all. They pushed the CNA warranty over the Honda warranty because it is cheaper for them to buy and they can make more profit selling it to you. You bought a fantastic car in an Accord LX. What is going to go wrong with it that will cost you $1100? NOTHING! It is a Honda.

I agree with nyccarguy............ There is a article in this month's Cr - reports stating how for the most part buying a extended warranty is a waste of money dont buy them. Usually extended warranties dont cover whats really going to go in 4 to 7 years on most vehicles. Here is a starting list of ............ what I could think off.

Fog, Headlights, Wipers, Battery, Brakes, Rotors , Calipers, Tires, Belts, Hoses, Shocks , Struts , Ball joints, any thing front end, maybe exhust systems in some vehicles and radiator are just some things off the top of my head.. I'm sure i missed some

Give me a useful warranty that covers these items and........... I'd say were do i sign..

I may want to buy a warranty if i feel the

Transmission, A/c / Heater compressor or Condensor may go, Motor, or Electrical problems. Thats what your buying a warranty for..............

Buying a warranty is a personnal choice and a piece of mind kind of deal. There is no right or wrong answer. If your keeping record Most experts will note and tell you save your money.

Most people never use there warranty its best you put that warranty money in a seperate interest bearing account and after 7 years if you do not use towards your old vehicle apply it to your next down payment on new vehicle..

In 45 years of buying 3 to 4 new vehicles every 4 years Id say I'm 95 % ahead of the game without purchasing warranties.. With about 60k extra dollars in my pocket and not there pocket over the years.

I'd have to agree with Consumer reports and the rest of the experts on this matter..

• tattvatattva Member Posts: 14

Friends - Need some help ! I currently have a Toyota corolla 2010 which is having mechanical issues and I would like to sell it off . Am planning to lease a Honda civic and currently there are no deals available in Austin , TX area. Appreciate of anyone of you can provide some pointers on this is my first time leasing a car

• tjc30tjc30 Member Posts: 11

@goofyman,

"$20,600 + TTL + Tax = $21,300 "

TTL and Tax is just $700 ?

edited March 2014

@tjc30

20,600 (already included destination)

600-700 Tax

About $500 (processing fee + Title)

• 500 (discount) for using Honda financing (flex)

@tattva said:
    Friends - Need some help ! I currently have a Toyota corolla 2010 which is having mechanical issues and I would like to sell it off . Am planning to lease a Honda civic and currently there are no deals available in Austin , TX area. Appreciate of anyone of you can provide some pointers on this is my first time leasing a car

Go into the honda civic lease forum.... ask carman for the resdiual, money factor, and cap cost for the model your looking to lease along with the term, and miles.. Once you have those numbers make dealerships match. You still need to negotiate getting the lowest price for the vehicle..

Your selling target price on the Civic should be.. low end 800 below dealers invoice price to as high as 1600 below dealers invoice price plus any incentives that apply to you. Once you agree on the lowest selling price have dealership run the leasing numbers and match figures with what the carman gives you.. You can find vehicle invoice pricing on............. Nada. com its much easier than getting pricing right here at Edmunds..

GOOD LUCK

• flatfeetflatfeet Member Posts: 13

**ATTN: @jkl3 **

I sent you a message (or at least I think I sent one -- new at this!). Please post in the thread if you did not receive it. Congrats on your new Accord! What were the sticker and dealer-added options?

Hi Flatfeet - I sent you a message...let me know if you don't get it.

@jkl3

I just noticed that we purchased our car from the same dealer...

Hi Goofyman,
    Yep, it looks that way. We actually live closer to Crown Honda but they are closed on Sundays and that's when we had a babysitter for the kids. We were just going to test drive and then do the email blast next week to all the dealers within 100 miles, but Auto Park agreed to my number pretty quickly so we bought it. I asked for what I thought was a great deal, but maybe should have gone lower (?) - anyway I'm happy with it so it's all good. We ended up at $1250 under invoice (including the flex cash). From reading the boards, that seemed like a good deal. They tried to push the accessories package (trunk tray, mud flaps, etc) for $350 and said that they install it automatically in all their cars, but in the end was able to "find" one without it.

Congrats on your new car!

edited March 2014

@jkl3

Congrats on your car. You got an excellent car at an excellent price.

I live in Cary 4 miles from the dealer at Autopark.

Don't worry about "maybe should have gone lower" - Before buying, I did call your other dealer, Crown Honda, and their price was higher than Autopark's, so probably you didn't lose anything.

Actually, Sanford Honda gave me a $100 lower price than Autopark but considering the free oil changes for life I thought that a 4 miles away dealer is better than a 25 miles away dealer if the difference is only $100. It is a nice bait the dealers use trying to sway away customers from shopping at remote locations.

I think there will always be someone on the board that will have a better deal than me at a lower price. It is OK. I don't try to be the #1, I just want to know I wasn't taken advantage off. Overall, $21,300 OTD for a 2014 LX Accord was one of the lowest I've found.

I did end up cancelling the CNA warranty they sold me. The dealer was OK with refunding in full.

Now I am shopping for A 2014 Civic LX (Auto) for my college daughter. Didn't narrow down on the best deal yet.

• flatfeetflatfeet Member Posts: 13

@jkl3

Sent you a return message. Please holler if you don't receive it...LOL!

• gnrlkgnrlk Member Posts: 1

After studying all of the experiences on this site I finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2014 Honda Accord 4cyl EXL sedan at Route 23 Honda in NJ. I paid 24,200 which included flex cash....doc fees and destination fees not included.....and of course TTL additional. I probably could have squeezed out a few more dollars but overall not a bad buying experience. Could not have done it without all of your guidance.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@gnrlk said:
    After studying all of the experiences on this site I finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2014 Honda Accord 4cyl EXL sedan at Route 23 Honda in NJ. I paid 24,200 which included flex cash....doc fees and destination fees not included.....and of course TTL additional. I probably could have squeezed out a few more dollars but overall not a bad buying experience. Could not have done it without all of your guidance.

Congratulations - enjoy your new Accord.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited March 2014

@gnrlk said:

Good job on your purchase and enjoy your new Accord.. You did very well .. Your price is about top end of what a new jersey dealer will sell this vehicle for.. After taking into consideration the dealers 399 doc fee's your sale at 761 below invoice is one of the better prices. like i posted earlier Find those dealers with flex cash to give of 500. Now your deal is over 1261 below invoice price.. Who cares how you arrived at this number.. flex cash or not ... This was a excellent deal in New jersey.. At best......... maybe the very end of this month you may be able to pick off a couple more hundred off this deal if your a good negotiator...

• jlmlkljlmlkl Member Posts: 7

Hi - Can someone define OTD pricing? Is this truly OTD or does it not include TTL, destination fees, etc.? I'm actually looking to purchase a 2014 Pilot but not much being posted on the discussion board.

Thanks

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@jlmlkl said:
    Hi - Can someone define OTD pricing? Is this truly OTD or does it not include TTL, destination fees, etc.? I'm actually looking to purchase a 2014 Pilot but not much being posted on the discussion board.

Thanks

Out the door pricing is inclusive of all taxes, fees, licenses, etc., and will vary by state.

Have you begun your shopping yet? What trim level? Any price quotes from dealers?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited March 2014

@jlmlkl said:

Thanks

jlmlki,

Tell us what state you want to buy your honda pilot... I will reccommend a few dealerships and pricing for you.

Thanks Brian. NJ.

EX-L with just the basics. No add ons. Other than leather and sunroof. Not sure yet on 2WD or AWD.