Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

@Smartinez24 said:
    kyfdx@edmunds may i have the RV and MF for a 14 A6 3.0t (premium plus), tdi (premium plus) and 2.0t (premium plus). for 36 month at both 12k and 10k miles. i would lreally appreciate the input.

3.0T = .00065 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

2.0T = .00052 MF and 56% residual..

TDI = .00055 MF and 55% residual.

Add 1% to all residuals for 10K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• silent_dronesilent_drone Member Posts: 49

Hi Kyfdx,

I'm going to be leasing an A6 Prestige or maybe S6 sometime between now and July/August. Do you have any sense about when I might see the best lease rates from Audi? I tend to think the wouldn't get any worse in July/August than they are now and might even be better than they are at this time of the year. What have you seen over the years? Also, does Audi typically use the same MF and Residual for the A6 Prestige and the S6?

Many thanks in advance,

Silent Drone

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,029

@silent_drone said:
    Hi Kyfdx,

I'm going to be leasing an A6 Prestige or maybe S6 sometime between now and July/August. Do you have any sense about when I might see the best lease rates from Audi? I tend to think the wouldn't get any worse in July/August than they are now and might even be better than they are at this time of the year. What have you seen over the years? Also, does Audi typically use the same MF and Residual for the A6 Prestige and the S6?

Many thanks in advance,

Silent Drone

I will let my co-host weigh in on this as well, but in general the residual value percentages decrease during the model year. But, that could be negated by a better money factor and ability to negotiate a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited March 2014

Really... that's just a guessing game.. Lease programs aren't like mortgage rates, where every program follows the same trajectory. Car companies can use their lease program as a marketing tool, or as a way to incentivize purchases that won't hurt the bottom line until the lease ends..

My magic 8-ball says: Cannot predict now

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    I will let my co-host weigh in on this as well, but in general the residual value percentages decrease during the model year. But, that could be negated by a better money factor and ability to negotiate a lower selling price.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    My magic 8-ball says: Cannot predict now

Thanks for the input. More than timing, I suppose the way to get the best deal is to 1) negotiate the lowest cap cost possible and 2) make sure the dealer is giving me the AFS rates and not something higher.

So, do you mind telling me what is the current MF and Residual for a 36 month lease on the A6 3.0T Prestige and S6 at 10k, 12k and 15k?

Many thanks!

Silent Drone

@silent_drone said:
    Silent Drone

That is correct... Negotiate the lowest price possible and make sure they aren't marking up the rates. Adding AudiCare adds a little to the lease price, but will probably save you money over the life of the lease.

A6 Prestige: .00065 MF and 49% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

S6 : .00144 MF and 49% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Add 2% for 12K/yr, 3% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    That is correct...

Thanks! I'll let you know what I do.

• jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 5

@kapilville said:
    When I was shopping, and trying to decide between ordering or picking from dealer inventory, the dealer did say that I wouldn't be able to lock in the program/incentives if I were to order and would have to settle for whatever offer was in effect at time of delivery. Not sure if that was the truth or just their attempt to get me to buy now and take an inventory car off their hands...but at least the story I was given matches yours.

@kapilville, thanks for another confirmation of this practice. Still seems strange to me, but I've placed my order and put down a (refundable) deposit. If the deal's out of line when the car shows up, I'll switch to another option.

• peeeejpeeeej Member Posts: 4

Hi Kyfdx. I've been following the forum and found my self at the dealer today talking numbers. Could you supply the MF and Residual for a 2014 A6 TDI Quattro Prestige for 36 mo. with 15K per year. Will Audi Care add a point to the residual? Thanks in advance!

@peeeej said:
    Hi Kyfdx. I've been following the forum and found my self at the dealer today talking numbers. Could you supply the MF and Residual for a 2014 A6 TDI Quattro Prestige for 36 mo. with 15K per year. Will Audi Care add a point to the residual? Thanks in advance!

.00055 and 53%

Yes, adding AudiCare will add 1 point to the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks Michaell! I appreciate your quick reply.

First, to clarify with AudiCare residual will be 54%?

If leased through an Audi dealer would the residual percentages be fixed by Audi Financial? The dealer is quoting 50% "without" AudiCare. Backing into the MF on a lease spreadsheet I put together shows they are quoting a .0010 MF. Thanks again!

Hi, I am wondering if the TDI Prestige 15K 36mo residual quoted above is current. Could you please confirm. Dealer thinks the rate may be for a A6 Premium Plus TDI. Thanks!

• gltrans1gltrans1 Member Posts: 12

Thanks for the MF and residual. It helped me get the following deal. 2014 A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus with Bose sound, Four zone climate control, audi side assist, Cold weather package. MSRP $52,495.00. $597.00 per month (including NJ sales tax) for 36 mo.s, 12K miles p/year with Audi Care. $686.30 due at signing and they made the last 2 lease payments on my 2011 A6 and threw in the winter mats. $1500.00 loyalty and $500.00 Audi promotion cash applied.

@peeeej said:
    Thanks Michaell! I appreciate your quick reply.

First, to clarify with AudiCare residual will be 54%?

If leased through an Audi dealer would the residual percentages be fixed by Audi Financial? The dealer is quoting 50% "without" AudiCare. Backing into the MF on a lease spreadsheet I put together shows they are quoting a .0010 MF. Thanks again!

Yes, 54% with Audi Care. Residual values are set by the finance institution underwriting the lease and cannot be modified by the dealer.

MF for both A6 TDI Premium Plus and Prestige are .00055, but there is a 3 point difference in residual, in favor of the Premium Plus - oops, I just noticed that you are right. 53% for Premium Plus, 50% for Prestige (+1% for AudiCare).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

No worries! Thanks for confirming. Was hoping for the 54% though. ha... :smiley:

@peeeej said:
    No worries! Thanks for confirming. Was hoping for the 54% though. ha... :smiley:

Yep, that would make a pretty significant difference in your payment. Not sure why Audi values the Prestige lower than the Premium Plus.

But, I've never shopped Audi's....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• smjbhsmjbh Member Posts: 3

Can you tell me what the MF and residual would be for a 2014 A6 2.0T for 42 months 12k miles per year. Would audi care add a point to the residual for this as well? Thanks.

@smjbh said:
    Can you tell me what the MF and residual would be for a 2014 A6 2.0T for 42 months 12k miles per year. Would audi care add a point to the residual for this as well? Thanks.

FWD or Quattro?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• smjbhsmjbh Member Posts: 3

@michaell Sorry about that. I'm looking at the FWD. Thanks. Dealer is running a special for $489/month with 0 down on a 42 month lease with 10k/year. I'm trying to work my way backwards to see what money rate he is charging. The MSRP of the car is $48,525 (2014 A6 2.0T FWD). Supposedly including a Audi loyalty rebate as the only cap cost reduction.

@smjbh said:
    michaell Sorry about that. I'm looking at the FWD. Thanks. Dealer is running a special for $489/month with 0 down on a 42 month lease with 10k/year. I'm trying to work my way backwards to see what money rate he is charging. The MSRP of the car is $48,525 (2014 A6 2.0T FWD). Supposedly including a Audi loyalty rebate as the only cap cost reduction.

MF .00054 and residual 51%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• alwaysarookiealwaysarookie Member Posts: 17

I am looking at Audi A6 2.0T Quattro with Includes Cold Weather Package, Style Package for 36 mo/12k year (current Audi owner)
    whats the going MF and Residual? What can I expect as my payments ($0 down)?

@alwaysarookie said:
    I am looking at Audi A6 2.0T Quattro with Includes Cold Weather Package, Style Package for 36 mo/12k year (current Audi owner)
    whats the going MF and Residual? What can I expect as my payments ($0 down)?

.00007 MF and 55% residual.

To calculate a payment, we need an MSRP and a projected selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bulljacl53bulljacl53 Member Posts: 2

Hello, I'm looking at 2 Audis and was wondering if you could help with the MF, Resid and possible payment.
    A6 3.0T Prestige MSRP $64,895. Sell price $60,500, plus $1,500 incentive.
    A6 3.0T PRemium Plus MSRP $58,095. Sell price $53,795, plus $1,500 incentive.

Both 36 month lease with 12,000 miles, with $2,500 and $5,000 down.

Not to knowledgeable with leasing and how it is all determined.

Thank you.

@bulljacl53 said:
    Hello, I'm looking at 2 Audis and was wondering if you could help with the MF, Resid and possible payment.
    A6 3.0T Prestige MSRP $64,895. Sell price $60,500, plus $1,500 incentive.
    A6 3.0T PRemium Plus MSRP $58,095. Sell price $53,795, plus $1,500 incentive.

Both 36 month lease with 12,000 miles, with $2,500 and $5,000 down.

Not to knowledgeable with leasing and how it is all determined.

Thank you.

First, it's not ever a good idea to put money down on a lease; if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. Multiple Security Deposits can be used to reduce the MF, but you'll get your money back at the end of the lease.

A6 3.0T Prestige - .00011 and 50%. Using your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $747.63

A6 3.0T Premium Plus - .00011 and 54%. Pre-tax payment of $590.42.

Which state are you in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bulljacl53bulljacl53 Member Posts: 2

North Carolina.
    Thanks for the info and advice.

• mcollins34mcollins34 Member Posts: 11

can you please help me with the current money factor and residual for a 2014 A6 3.0TSI Prestige 10k mile. my credit score is 790.

sorry looks like someone already answered the same question above.

sorry knew to the forum so sorry for cluttering. my lease is a little different than the one above as mine is for 10k, still would appreciate an answer. also was the money factor on the above question really that low as it is equuivalent to 0.24% interest rate

• alwaysarookiealwaysarookie Member Posts: 17

Sorry! The MSRP is $48,595 and selling is $46165

@alwaysarookie said: I am looking at Audi A6 2.0T Quattro with Includes Cold Weather Package, Style Package for 36 mo/12k year (current Audi owner) whats the going MF and Residual? What can I expect as my payments ($0 down)?

@mcollins34 said:
    sorry knew to the forum so sorry for cluttering. my lease is a little different than the one above as mine is for 10k, still would appreciate an answer. also was the money factor on the above question really that low as it is equuivalent to 0.24% interest rate

Yes... it's actually .00011 MF (three zeroes). The residual for 36mo, 10K/yr on the 3.0T Prestige is 51%. The Premium+ residual is 4% higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@alwaysarookie said:
    Sorry! The MSRP is $48,595 and selling is $46165

alwaysarookie said: I am looking at Audi A6 2.0T Quattro with Includes Cold Weather Package, Style Package for 36 mo/12k year (current Audi owner) whats the going MF and Residual? What can I expect as my payments ($0 down)?

With those parameters, the monthly payment is $545/mo, plus tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fdezarrafdezarra Member Posts: 45
    Ok. Sorry. New to this and not a numbers guy. I currently have a 2011 A6 and am looking to renew. Looking to get into a 2014 A6 2.0T FWD car with prem plus package, rear power shades, and rear airbags. MSRP is 49,145. Invoice is 45,771. Looking to get a 36 month 10 or 12K lease. Have lot loyalty incentive.

I'm just starting to put the pieces of the puzzle together but I see lots of people asking for (what I think is) the same information even on the same day. Do the residuals change that often? Does the money factor?

For a complete newbie like me, can anyone help with all the numbers in 1 package? What would be a good purchase price on that car? And what is the residual on that car at 10 and 12K per year? With Audi care?

Finally, what is the money factor on the car?

Taking all of those pieces should generate a hypothetical monthly payment, correct?

Thanks to all. Apologies if this has been explained before but just trying to connect all of the dots.

Thanks in advance.
    Oh, and I'm in Florida.

@fdezarra said:
    Ok. Sorry. New to this and not a numbers guy. I currently have a 2011 A6 and am looking to renew. Looking to get into a 2014 A6 2.0T FWD car with prem plus package, rear power shades, and rear airbags. MSRP is 49,145. Invoice is 45,771. Looking to get a 36 month 10 or 12K lease. Have lot loyalty incentive.

I'm just starting to put the pieces of the puzzle together but I see lots of people asking for (what I think is) the same information even on the same day. Do the residuals change that often? Does the money factor?

For a complete newbie like me, can anyone help with all the numbers in 1 package? What would be a good purchase price on that car? And what is the residual on that car at 10 and 12K per year? With Audi care?

Finally, what is the money factor on the car?

Taking all of those pieces should generate a hypothetical monthly payment, correct?

Thanks to all. Apologies if this has been explained before but just trying to connect all of the dots.

Thanks in advance.

A few observations ... money factor and residual can change monthly. The reason there are different numbers for the same car are due to the trim levels (premium plus vs. prestige, Quattro vs. FWD), the length of the lease and the miles per year.

In your case, the MF for an A6 Premium Plus FWD is .00018 and the residual is either 52% (12K) or 53% (10K). Adding AudiCare adds 1% to each of those numbers.

Sadly, I'm not in the market for an A6, so I don't have any information on transaction prices. There may be some information in the "A6 Prices Paid" discussion or you can use the shopping tools here at Edmunds to figure out a decent price.

Once you have all of that, you should be able to calculate a monthly payment - we can help if you need it.

Best of luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks so much. This helps a ton.
  • walzholzwalzholz Member Posts: 10

Looking at 2014 A6 2.0 premium plus. What are the residual and money factors for 36 and 42 month leases with 15k/yr with audi car? How much of a discount can I get off MSRP? Are there any other incentives?

@walzholz said:
    Looking at 2014 A6 2.0 premium plus. What are the residual and money factors for 36 and 42 month leases with 15k/yr with audi car? How much of a discount can I get off MSRP? Are there any other incentives?

FWD or Quattro?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• walzholzwalzholz Member Posts: 10

Quattro.

@walzholz said: Looking at 2014 A6 2.0 premium plus. What are the residual and money factors for 36 and 42 month leases with 15k/yr with audi car? How much of a discount can I get off MSRP? Are there any other incentives?

Quattro 36/15 - .00007 & 54%

Quattro 42/15 - .00027 & 50%

Both have 1% added for Audi Care.

Don't know the A6 market, so cannot comment on discounts or incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• a6otwa6otw Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2014

What is the April MF and residual (with Audi Care) for a 2014 A6 3.0T Prestige? 15,000 miles/yr. Can I expect push-back from dealer regarding your quotes? Is there a way to validate them?
    Thanks

@a6otw said:
    What is the April MF and residual (with Audi Care) for a 2014 A6 3.0T Prestige? 15,000 miles/yr. Can I expect push-back from dealer regarding your quotes? Is there a way to validate them?
    Thanks

MF is .00011 for leases up to 36 months; .00031 for anything longer

Residual value is 49% with AudiCare.

Residual value is not negotiable; MF can be marked up by the dealer, so watch for that when negotiating your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bozzy99bozzy99 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2014

Considering a 36 mo lease on a 2014 A6, 2.0T AWD, Premium Plus. Mass. sales tax of 5.5%
    I am eligible for "conquest cash" (current Acura owner) of $1500 and the "supplier discount" (through my employer) for 6% off MSRP. Not sure if there is any negotiating possible below that or if that value is set in stone.
    What kind of leasing deal can I expect?
    Thanks,
    Jason

@bozzy99 said:
    Considering a 36 mo lease on a 2014 A6, 2.0T AWD, Premium Plus. Mass. sales tax of 5.5%
    I am eligible for "conquest cash" (current Acura owner) of $1500 and the "supplier discount" (through my employer) for 6% off MSRP. Not sure if there is any negotiating possible below that or if that value is set in stone.
    What kind of leasing deal can I expect?
    Thanks,
    Jason

How many miles per year? What is the MSRP?

I don't think you'll be able to do any better on the price ... the supplier discount is about as good as it gets.

MF is .00039, BTW.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sorry, knew I was going to forget something! 10,000 miles/year. $51,450 MSRP.

@bozzy99 said:
    Sorry, knew I was going to forget something! 10,000 miles/year. $51,450 MSRP.

Residual is 56%. Using your numbers (6% off MSRP as selling price), I get a pre-tax payment of $573.18.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dreamsankurdreamsankur Member Posts: 3

Hi ,
    I am getting this lease deal. Please let me know if it looks good ?
    A6 2.0 FWD drive , 19" sports package, Bose Sound , Side Assist, 12K/year for 36 months.
    MSRP: 50,850
    DownPayment: $4500
    35 payments of $555 (including tax)

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    Residual is 56%. Using your numbers (6% off MSRP as selling price), I get a pre-tax payment of $573.18.

Thanks. - Jason

@dreamsankur said:
    Hi ,
    I am getting this lease deal. Please let me know if it looks good ?
    A6 2.0 FWD drive , 19" sports package, Bose Sound , Side Assist, 12K/year for 36 months.
    MSRP: 50,850
    DownPayment: $4500
    35 payments of $555 (including tax)

What is the selling price?

It's not a good idea to put money down to reduce the payment. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. Instead, you should make multiple security deposits (MSD) to reduce the money factor and your payment. As a bonus, you will get that money back at the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok. So I have some more time under my belt now and am a little more saavy.

I am looking for a A6 2.0T FWD in moonlight blue with premium plus package. Thats it. MSRP on this car including destination charge is $48,795.00

If I understand correctly, the residual on this car for the month of April is 52% at 12K miles/year and 53% at 10K miles/year. Adding Audi Care adds 1% to each of these residuals, making it 53 and 54% respectively.

The money factor for this car for April is 0.00018.

Is this about right?
    Incidentally, how much is AudiCare?

And finally, anyone know how much I should expect to get off the MSRP? $2500 is what most dealers have been willing to offer without any negotiation. In addition, I have the Audi loyalty $1500.00 incentive.

So, in summary, is my understanding correct? Are my numbers right? How much is AudiCare? And does anyone know how much over and above the 4K I am easily able to obtain off the MSRP is realistic?

Thanks so much. This forum has been invaluable and extremely educational.

@fdezarra said:
    Ok. So I have some more time under my belt now and am a little more saavy.

I am looking for a A6 2.0T FWD in moonlight blue with premium plus package. Thats it. MSRP on this car including destination charge is $48,795.00

If I understand correctly, the residual on this car for the month of April is 52% at 12K miles/year and 53% at 10K miles/year. Adding Audi Care adds 1% to each of these residuals, making it 53 and 54% respectively.

The money factor for this car for April is 0.00018.

Is this about right?
    Incidentally, how much is AudiCare?

And finally, anyone know how much I should expect to get off the MSRP? $2500 is what most dealers have been willing to offer without any negotiation. In addition, I have the Audi loyalty $1500.00 incentive.

So, in summary, is my understanding correct? Are my numbers right? How much is AudiCare? And does anyone know how much over and above the 4K I am easily able to obtain off the MSRP is realistic?

Thanks so much. This forum has been invaluable and extremely educational.

The numbers are a little different..

.00015 MF and 53%/54% residual... .with AudiCare adding 1% to that to make 54%/55% for 36mo, 12K/10K per year. AudiCare is $860 on this model.

Most buyers report around 6% off MSRP, at the best.. you aren't far off that..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.