Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe looks great, mileage very disappointing

taken13taken13 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in Hyundai

I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe sport that was advertised as having 20/27 mpg. My actual mileage has been closer to 14/21. I understand that Hyundai has already admitted to overstating their mileage claims. How can I contact someone who can assist me in obtaining compensation for this inaccurate mileage claim? taken13

Comments

• urbelis1urbelis1 Member Posts: 1

Hello there! I have had my 2013 santa fe sport turbo for about a week now and my avg. mpg has stayed at 21mpg in the inner city of dallas driving only. I keep my rpms around 2.5 and 3. Im just really observant of when I take off not to floor it ;) Perhaps if you paid more attention to your rpms your gas milage would be better...

• yackeeyackee Member Posts: 2

My 2013 with the 2.4 liter is getting 20 in town and 25 on the highway. My 2005 Kia Sorrento only got 14 in town and 20 on the highway. I have had this vehicle for 9 months and I just love it. No problems at all and I love the way it handles. I cannot figure out whey it does not get rated higher in Motor Trend Magazine. I have owned 51 vehicles and this is one of the nicest I have ever owned.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Some data from the US gov't on the 2013 4 cylinder Santa Fe shows an average MPG reported by owners to be 20.7 mpg, combined city/hwy. Not a very large database though.

• susie7911susie7911 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting an average of 23mpg in my new 2015 Sport. You must be in a lot of "stop and go" traffic to only average 20 mpg. I am very pleased with my mileage.