Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

1444546474850»

Comments

• mikekisssmikekisss Member Posts: 2

Hi,

Can someone please help me do some calculations for a 2014 Acura TSX. The cap cost of the vehicle is $27,127 (MSRP $31,530) including dealer destination, not including title and license fee. The money factor is 0.00111 and the residual is 60% ($18,918) for 3yr/36k mile lease. The dealer is telling me my monthly payment would be $316 incl. tax (CA= 9%) a month with $1000 down. My calculations show $304.25 with $0 down. Am i missing something? Thanks

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681

Your calculations are correct for the figures provided. It's probably just a miscommunication between you and the dealer over terms.

When the dealer says "$1000 down", is that a CAP cost reduction? Or, is $1000 the total amount due at signing? Is $27,127 the actual CAP cost he is using to calculate the lease? Or, is it the selling price, to which the acquisition fee will have to be added?

If you get them break it down, it should be easy to see where the disconnect is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• superchief20superchief20 Member Posts: 11

Any updates for zero down, good credit, monthly lease costs? thanks

@superchief20 said:
    Any updates for zero down, good credit, monthly lease costs? thanks

Here is their national offer:

36 month, 10K/yr.

2014 TSX 5 Speed Automatic Special Edition Featured Special Lease

$0 Due at Lease Signing

$0 down payment

$0 security deposit

$0 first month's payment

$0 due at lease signing

Excludes taxes, titles and fees.

$340 a month for 35 months thereafter

You might be able to muster $20/mo. less than that, at the end of the month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• elchapinelchapin Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

I leased a 2013 tsx no tech package back in October for 300 a month 15k a year 2000 down. My commute is 60 miles per day so needed the extra miles. Can anyone share their thoughts and advise if it's a good deal. It is my first time leasing and love the car but wonder if I could have done better. Lease is for 36 months.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976

@elchapin said:
    I leased a 2013 tsx no tech package back in October for 300 a month 15k a year 2000 down. My commute is 60 miles per day so needed the extra miles. Can anyone share their thoughts and advise if it's a good deal. It is my first time leasing and love the car but wonder if I could have done better. Lease is for 36 months.

Not sure that anybody's opinion will matter at this point - you've had the car for 6 months now.

I am concerned that you may go over the lease mileage in 36 months. 300 miles per week for 50 weeks is 15k. Doesn't allow for any other miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• redrobin1redrobin1 Member Posts: 4

My lease will be up at the end of July. I am unsure if I should lease my next TSX or buy it since I heard they will be doing away with the TSX. I love the TSX but I like to lease the car since I like to turn my car in at the end of 3 years and get a new car. However I am worried that if I do not like the TLX I will want to keep the TSX. Does anyone know how it will affect the TSX car value if it is no longer being made?

@redrobin1 said:
    My lease will be up at the end of July. I am unsure if I should lease my next TSX or buy it since I heard they will be doing away with the TSX. I love the TSX but I like to lease the car since I like to turn my car in at the end of 3 years and get a new car. However I am worried that if I do not like the TLX I will want to keep the TSX. Does anyone know how it will affect the TSX car value if it is no longer being made?

I'm not sure I understand your question - the residual value of your current TSX is set. When your lease is up, you can either return it or buy it out for that set value.

The introduction of the TLX won't impact any of the above. It may, however, cause the value of your car to decline more rapidly after you've decided to buy it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• davenotizedavenotize Member Posts: 10

If anybody needs a good salesman in South Florida let me know, I bought my last 3 cars with him, and always beats the numbers I bring him, great guy to deal with.

• bigblue99bigblue99 Member Posts: 5

Can I please get MF and residual for TSX V6 with 15k miles/year in NJ. Thanks in advance.

@bigblue99 said:
    Can I please get MF and residual for TSX V6 with 15k miles/year in NJ. Thanks in advance.

You didn't specify the lease term, so I'll assume 3 years.

.00079 and 49%.

$1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bigblue99bigblue99 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2014

.00079 and 49%.

$1500 lease cash.<

Correct, 3 years. Thank you Michael. The residuals on the outgoing TSX and TL are terrible, even with the incentives and relatively lower MF.

@bigblue99 said:
    Correct, 3 years. Thank you Michael. The residuals on the outgoing TSX and TL are terrible, even with the incentives and relatively lower MF.

I think the residuals on the 4-cylinder TSX are a bit better, but by no means great.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cdecarlo85cdecarlo85 Member Posts: 1

Can I please get MF and residual for 4-cylinder TSX w/tech package. 15k miles/year, 36 months in NY (14607). Thanks in advance.

edited May 2014

@cdecarlo85 said:
    Can I please get MF and residual for 4-cylinder TSX w/tech package. 15k miles/year, 36 months in NY (14607). Thanks in advance.

.00079 MF and 53% residual. $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• smartin104smartin104 Member Posts: 42

@bigblue99 said: Can I please get MF and residual for TSX V6 with 15k miles/year in NJ. Thanks in advance.

.00079 and 49%.

$1500 lease cash.

how about 12k/yr? much difference? and is this updated for July if not? what are the updated figures? TIA

@smartin104 said:
    bigblue99 said: Can I please get MF and residual for TSX V6 with 15k miles/year in NJ. Thanks in advance.

.00079 and 49%.

$1500 lease cash.

how about 12k/yr? much difference? and is this updated for July if not? what are the updated figures? TIA

Add 2% to the residual for 12K. 49% is the July residual for 36/15. .00079 is the MF as of 7/8/14.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter is hoping to interview someone who leased a new car or truck in the past four months. Please email PR@edmunds.com by July 11, 2014 to share your story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mapleflmaplefl Member Posts: 10

Hi. I'm interested in leasing a 2014 TSX Sportswagon and would like to know the following on a 3yr/10K on both the base and technology package moels: Money Factor, Residual, Incetives, Lease Cash and Dealer Cash. Thanks!

@maplefl said:
    Hi. I'm interested in leasing a 2014 TSX Sportswagon and would like to know the following on a 3yr/10K on both the base and technology package moels: Money Factor, Residual, Incetives, Lease Cash and Dealer Cash. Thanks!

.00079 MF and 60% residual for base, 57% residual for Tech. $1500 incentive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• quiet_kishoquiet_kisho Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2015
    Looking at the following 2015 models. I would like to know the MF/RV at 36/12k in Maryland.
    TLX 2.4 8-DCT P-AWS with Technology Package
    TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS
    TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS with Technology Package

Looking at the following 2015 models. I would like to know the MF/RV at 36/12k in Maryland.
    TLX 2.4 8-DCT P-AWS with Technology Package
    TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS
    TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS with Technology Package

TLX 2.4 8-DCT P-AWS with Technology Package- 57% and .00056. $1500 lease cash
    TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS - 58% and .00026. $2000 lease cash.
    TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS with Technology Package - 56% and .00026. $2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator