Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Dodge Charger Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in Dodge
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Dodge Charger Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Dodge Charger page.

If you have already leased, we invite you to review your vehicle by starting on the following page: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

Comments

• smg1929smg1929 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, would you please post MFN and rv for charger rt awd, 36 mo and 15k mi. Doesn't look like dodge is offering much in the way of incentives. Anything new for October? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00071 MF and 54% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• amirasamiras Member Posts: 20

Hi carman! Can you please post the January lease rates and residuals for a 2014 Dodge Charger R/T RWD (24 and 36 months)?
    Thanks!!

@amiras said:
    Hi carman! Can you please post the January lease rates and residuals for a 2014 Dodge Charger R/T RWD (24 and 36 months)?
    Thanks!!

36mo, 15K/yr lease: .00015 MF and 53% residual

24mo, 15K/yr lease: .00032 MF and 64% residual

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amirasamiras Member Posts: 20

Sorry for the additional question, but do you have the SXT RWD numbers as well for 24 and 36 months? Thanks a lot!!!

@amiras said:
    Sorry for the additional question, but do you have the SXT RWD numbers as well for 24 and 36 months? Thanks a lot!!!

.00025 MF and 52% residual for 36

.00010 MF and 62% residual for 24

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bwilliams11bwilliams11 Member Posts: 3

Kyfdx, can you help me figure this out?

I'm looking to lease a Charger SRT w/ 12k miles a year for 36 months. $0 down. MSRP about $53k. Let's just say we subtract the current $3,500 incentive along with a few points for the sake of this discussion. Final sale price around $48k. The best lease price I'm getting from any dealer in the mid-west/east coast is ~$850/month. Even the Dodge website payment tool (which is based on MSRP) says this should be closer to $650.

$850 is pretty darn close to what I lease my $70k BMW for.

Are the Charger SRT's really looking at ~38% residual after 36 months, or is there more to this?

Appreciate the advice.

.00015 MF and 52% residual..

Using those rough parameters (and assuming your numbers are correct) I get about $579/mo, plus tax..

Add about $28/mo pre-tax to that for every $1000 higher in CAP cost... You really need to ask them the sellling price, cap cost and money factor/residual being used.. Even jacking up the money factor for sign and drive, plus extra dealer profit is only going to add $50/mo. to that calculation..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Appreciate the response. They've responded with .00057 MF and 51% residual, plus a very bloated cap cost, $55k. Not sure what the disconnect is. I showed them the SRT site and the advertised lease rate http://www.drivesrt.com/2014/charger-srt/. They ran the same car and came back with another ~$200/month. I even called SRT and they said it should be what you and I are coming up with.

Seeing as how every dealer I've had quote it is so close in price, I can only assume that there is lease program information that is not making it to them. Oh, well... maybe it will correct in Feb.

The problem you get with max price trims... is that dealers assume those buyers are not price sensitive. They are marking up the money factor the maximum allowed, and going for the home run. They probably don't get a lot of $55K Chargers, so they don't feel the need to bargain. If you only have one, you wait for the guy that just has to have it..

So... I'm sure they have the lease program... they just don't feel the need to bargain.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2014

Yeah, I'm not that guy. Thanks for the help. I think I'll keep my business with BMW.

• naimy1992naimy1992 Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2014

What is the residual and money factor for a 2014 dodge charger RT max awd for 36 months with 10k a year? Also what is the acquisition fee for this car? Thank you!!

@naimy1992 said:
    What is the residual and money factor for a 2014 dodge charger RT max awd for 36 months with 10k a year? Also what is the acquisition fee for this car? Thank you!!

.00029 MF and 58% residual. $595 acquisition fee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67

I have been toying with buying a 1 or 2 year old used charger or possibly leasing a new one. I am conflicted that there might be some better deals on a charger in the coming months when the new 2015 comes out.

but anyway,,,, I see some lease numbers that caught my eye on Dodge's website. so what are the residuals and money factor at 15K per year, 36mo, on a 2014 charger sxt plus 100th anniversary edition? MSRP is $36880 what is the invoice price and what incentives are going on right now?

Any idea on a payment for this car with $2500 down?

Thanks Mike

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

@andremike said:
    I have been toying with buying a 1 or 2 year old used charger or possibly leasing a new one. I am conflicted that there might be some better deals on a charger in the coming months when the new 2015 comes out.

but anyway,,,, I see some lease numbers that caught my eye on Dodge's website. so what are the residuals and money factor at 15K per year, 36mo, on a 2014 charger sxt plus 100th anniversary edition? MSRP is $36880 what is the invoice price and what incentives are going on right now?

Any idea on a payment for this car with $2500 down?

Thanks Mike

Before we get into details, I just read something yesterday that Dodge will be offering 12 month leases on the Charger and Challenger if you then trade into the new 2015 model. I don't have any numbers for this program, but I suspect the residual will be quite high. Dodge has contracted with Enterprise and they will purchase all the cars at the end of the 12 months.

So, you get a car now and the newer, better one in a year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67

yea i saw that..

.00032 and 51% for 36/15 on the Charger SXT 100th Anniversary

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Bill PerdueBill Perdue Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2014

I really need some help understanding these numbers. Thanks in advance for the help.
    I'm looking to do a 24 month lease on a Charger RT Max AWD. The monthly payment they have given me on their worksheet doesn't add up to what my numbers add up to on a lease website. I'm hoping you can help me find the difference. Here's what I have on their worksheet:

$42,435 MSRP
    -4366 employee discount
    -1000 incentives
    $792 for title, bank fee, doc fee, etc.
    66 percent residual for 12k miles and 24 months (calculated off the MSRP should be $28007)
    7 percent Indiana sales tax
    Their payment $517.22 per month

When I put these same numbers into leaseguide.com I get a payment of $483.73. These are the exact same numbers. My question is, are they adding something into the calculation they aren't showing me, calculating it differently, or am I just stupid?

I appreciate your answers.

@biliious said:
    I really need some help understanding these numbers. Thanks in advance for the help.
    I'm looking to do a 24 month lease on a Charger RT Max AWD. The monthly payment they have given me on their worksheet doesn't add up to what my numbers add up to on a lease website. I'm hoping you can help me find the difference. Here's what I have on their worksheet:

$42,435 MSRP
    -4366 employee discount
    -1000 incentives
    $792 for title, bank fee, doc fee, etc.
    66 percent residual for 12k miles and 24 months (calculated off the MSRP should be $28007)
    7 percent Indiana sales tax
    Their payment $517.22 per month

When I put these same numbers into leaseguide.com I get a payment of $483.73. These are the exact same numbers. My question is, are they adding something into the calculation they aren't showing me, calculating it differently, or am I just stupid?

I appreciate your answers.

So ... using $42,435 as the MSRP and $37,861 as the selling price, 66% residual and .00013 as the base MF, I get a pre-tax payment of $419.14 for 24 months. Add in 7% tax, and I'm at $448.48/mo.

The residual matches what I have, but I'm wondering if the MF is being marked up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you. By my math, it looks like they are marking the MF up to .0011 (2.65%). Is the current money factor actually .00013? If so, I'd definitely like to negotiate it back down to that.

• eusshkreusshkr Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2014

Was checking out a Charger yesterday for lease at a local dealership, and the salesman told me a new lease special for a 1 year lease at $329/month and $2999 down on a Charger/Challenger SXT/RT. Saw a vehicle at MSRP 36275. Didn't work out the numbers yet.

Can you provide the MF and Residual for an SXT and RT at 15K miles for 1 year lease? Thanks in advance.

@eusshkr said:
    Was checking out a Charger yesterday for lease at a local dealership, and the salesman told me a new lease special for a 1 year lease at $329/month and $2999 down on a Charger/Challenger SXT/RT. Saw a vehicle at MSRP 36275. Didn't work out the numbers yet.

Can you provide the MF and Residual for an SXT and RT at 15K miles for 1 year lease? Thanks in advance.

Well. $329/mo. + $2999 down for 12 months = $579/mo.!! Even if it's only for one year, that seems like a lot. Either way, we don't have any 12 month lease information. The shortest terms we have information for are 24 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Well. $329/mo. + $2999 down for 12 months = $579/mo.!! Even if it's only for one year, that seems like a lot. Either way, we don't have any 12 month lease information. The shortest terms we have information for are 24 months.

This is the Dodge "Double Up" lease. You pay $2999 down and lease a 2014 Charger or Challenger (excluding SE and SRT) for 12 months. After that period, you get the 2015 version for a 36 month lease at the same payment with no additional money down. The downside is you can't use any of the existing incentives or employee purchase pricing.

That's interesting.. not something I have any information on, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Going in to negotiate the lease tomorrow. Can I have the most current residual and MF on the 2014 Charger RT Max AWD for 24 months and 12k/15k miles. Thanks. I think I have everything else I need.

@biliious said:
    Going in to negotiate the lease tomorrow. Can I have the most current residual and MF on the 2014 Charger RT Max AWD for 24 months and 12k/15k miles. Thanks. I think I have everything else I need.

MF is the same as before, but subtract 2% on the residual for 15K miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you as always. That's a nice low money factor. I'm really surprised.

• xmonaxmona Member Posts: 9

2014 Caravan lease

I need help on a lease pmt for a Caravan SE 12K mi/yr 39 mos lease (or if there is a better lease program out there) I live in NY. Credit score 690 $0 down just DMV cost. Dealer wouldn't tell me the residual on it either. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

@xmona said:
    2014 Caravan lease

I need help on a lease pmt for a Caravan SE 12K mi/yr 39 mos lease (or if there is a better lease program out there) I live in NY. Credit score 690 $0 down just DMV cost. Dealer wouldn't tell me the residual on it either. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

MF is .00017 and residual is 46%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• worcester90worcester90 Member Posts: 15
    I was hoping to get the residual/MF for a 2014 RT for 24mos and 36mos (both 12k/yr). Thank you!

@worcester90 said:
    I was hoping to get the residual/MF for a 2014 RT for 24mos and 36mos (both 12k/yr).

Thank you!

.00027 MF and 65% residual

.00035 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• neversatisfiedneversatisfied Member Posts: 63

What is the current lease rate for the 2014 charger srt8, 36 month and 15k miles
    Residuals and MF?

Also there's a few new 2013 s that never sold with heavy discounts on them. Is it possible to lease one and if so what are the rates?

Thanks

@neversatisfied said:
    What is the current lease rate for the 2014 charger srt8, 36 month and 15k miles
    Residuals and MF?

Also there's a few new 2013 s that never sold with heavy discounts on them. Is it possible to lease one and if so what are the rates?

Thanks

.00016 MF and 55% residual.

You might be able to lease a 2013... but, we don't have any information on it.. Even with a huge discount, it might not be as good a deal as the 2014. It never hurts to ask the dealer, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• smartin104smartin104 Member Posts: 42

@worcester90 said: I was hoping to get the residual/MF for a 2014 RT for 24mos and 36mos (both 12k/yr). Thank you!

.00027 MF and 65% residual

.00035 MF and 56% residual

are these figures applicable across all RT models (specifically the road and track)? If not can you share them.
    also what are the incentives and/or lease cash amounts? NOTE: in northern NJ TIA

Road/Track edition:

.00037 MF and 66% residual

.00015 MF and 55% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx.. wanted to share...so i made this deal yesterday... 2014 RT Road/Track with options MSRP of 40,470.. invoice of 32865... got them down to selling price and after incentives to 33865... the MF of .00015 was the same but they had a RV of 53% not the 55% u mentioned... they qouted me the price of 366 monthly...any thoughts? good or bad?

The 55% is for 36mo, 12K/yr, as were the numbers you quoted in your initial question. If you leased for 36mo, 15K/yr, then the residual is indeed 53%.

$366/mo. appears to be a great price. How much due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I only gave them 2000.. Good? Or no?

Looks like a good deal for a $40K MSRP car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kermitdogkermitdog Member Posts: 38
    Could you please post the MF and residual for a 2014 dodge charger SXT V6 automatic? 36 months, 15,000 miles per year. Thank you!
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Could you please post MF and residual for 2014 Dodge Charger SXT for 24, 27, and 36 months at 12K per year. Looking to make deal next few days. With all the incentives available, looks like about $9,500 off MRSP is possible. Comments are welcome.
    kermitdog said:

Could you please post the MF and residual for a 2014 dodge charger SXT V6 automatic? 36 months, 15,000 miles per year. Thank you!

.00012 MF and 49% residual for 39 months, 15K/yr. The 36 month term isn't being incentivized, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

mlevine said:

Could you please post MF and residual for 2014 Dodge Charger SXT for 24, 27, and 36 months at 12K per year. Looking to make deal next few days. With all the incentives available, looks like about $9,500 off MRSP is possible. Comments are welcome.

.00028 MF and 61% for 27 months..

.00012 MF and 51% for 39 months..

27 and 39 months are the only supported terms, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for leasing data. I am now working on a cap cost for this car.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    kyfdx,
    Are the above numbers the same for r/t awd models? Whats the residual for 15,000 miles.
    kyfdx, do you know the lease numbers through ally bank which dodge also uses. By the way, went to dealer yesterday and all of a sudden the numbers on car I was going to lease changed. On the lease paper MRSP was higher then was told it is about $1,000 lower. Would not honor conquest. I immediately left dealership. On top of that I had to go to work. Had to go home first to drop off wife and son. Was going to have wife drive home new car. Unfortunately this is typical when trying to get a car.
    steevo said:

kyfdx,
    Are the above numbers the same for r/t awd models? Whats the residual for 15,000 miles.

.00016 MF and 62% for 27 months, 15K/yr

.00023 MF and 52% for 39 months, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

mlevine said:

kyfdx, do you know the lease numbers through ally bank which dodge also uses. By the way, went to dealer yesterday and all of a sudden the numbers on car I was going to lease changed. On the lease paper MRSP was higher then was told it is about $1,000 lower. Would not honor conquest. I immediately left dealership. On top of that I had to go to work. Had to go home first to drop off wife and son. Was going to have wife drive home new car. Unfortunately this is typical when trying to get a car.

We don't have the Ally numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    kyfdx said:

steevo said:

kyfdx,

Thanks. Missed the cutoff. Any changes to this for October? Did they add a 36?
    steevo said:

kyfdx said:

steevo said:

kyfdx,

Thanks. Missed the cutoff. Any changes to this for October? Did they add a 36?

No change..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.