Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota Highlander Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited May 2015 in Toyota
For current leasing information, go to 2015 Toyota Highlander Lease Questions

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Toyota Highlander leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Toyota Highlander, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Toyota Highlander page.

To see all forums discussions about the Toyota Highlander, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Toyota Highlander discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60

Hi, Can someone please provide the MF and residual for January? I am looking for a 36 month lease on a 2014 Highlander XLE AWD.

Can you please provide two sets of numbers, one for 10k miles/year and another for 12k miles per year? Really appreciate it. Thank you!

• peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34

I'm no dealer, nor one of the admins, but I'll tell you some numbers I've been getting ... I know it's not exactly what you are looking for, but at least you can get some idea of what you're dealing with.

For the 2013 Highlander Limited:
    Money factor is .00011
    36 months with 12k miles per year, residual is $22,852.
    24 months with 12k miles per year, residual is $26,792.

For the 2014 Highlander Limited:
    Money factor is .00190
    36 months with 12k miles per year, residual is $25,893.
    24 months with 12k miles per year, residual is $30,003.

For the 2014 LE:
    $21,427 64.39% residual
    .00180 money factor

24 month lease 12,000 miles
    $24,625 74% residual
    .00180 money factor

• macdealmacdeal Member Posts: 3

Here are this month's Toyota lease numbers. This might be for only Gulf States Toyota (google if you don't know what states that includes), but I think it's the same also for Toyota USA. It is not the same for South East Toyota (again google for list of states). You'll have to check the residuals for yourself. 4runners are 57-59% in Southeast and Toyota USA states.

• burn9059burn9059 Member Posts: 1

Where do you get the residuals...any idea what the 2013 highlander and the 2014 highlander are?

• brianf1997brianf1997 Member Posts: 26

Kyfdx.

Can you please advise on the money factor and residual for the 2014 Highlander LE and XLE trims for 36 month, 12k mile lease? How much does the residual change if I went to a 10k mile lease?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@brianf1997 said:
    Kyfdx.

Can you please advise on the money factor and residual for the 2014 Highlander LE and XLE trims for 36 month, 12k mile lease? How much does the residual change if I went to a 10k mile lease?

I'm sorry, but I don't have any real reliable info on Toyota leases. It does appear that most of the country is offering .00030 money factor on the Highlander. I don't have residual information. If Toyota offers a 10K/yr program (and, I'm not sure they do), the residuals will be 1% higher than the 12K/yr residual.

If you live in a state that is covered by the SET distributor, then that money factor probably won't be offered.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• robbiegrobbieg Member Posts: 346

We are leasing a 2014 Highland XLE AWD with the bench seat. Sales price is 35507
    Residual 24,750, Money factor .00180 Payment is 448.14 with 10% in tax.

Anyway, we loved our experience with the dealer. Also, considered a 4runner but it was about 85 more dollars a month.

Sorry, we put 1400 down.

• tchaitchai Member Posts: 2

Can you please share your dealership info. I am in market for a 2014 HL and the minimum I got is 750+/month

@robbieg said:
    We are leasing a 2014 Highland XLE AWD with the bench seat. Sales price is 35507

Anyway, we loved our experience with the dealer. Also, considered a 4runner but it was about 85 more dollars a month.

• klauslawklauslaw Member Posts: 9

@robbieg said:

Can you please tell me how many miles and in what state. Thank you.

• klauslawklauslaw Member Posts: 9

@klauslaw said:

Sorry i am a newbie

Can you please tell me how many miles and in what state. Thank you.

Sorry, 12K per year and PA. The dealer is Baeril.

• corey7029corey7029 Member Posts: 13

Leased a 2014 XLE AWD 15k/36mo $0 down, they made first payment, $456. This price includes 7% sales tax. happy with the deal we recived.

• ellysbellyellysbelly Member Posts: 5

Hi, can some please share the current numbers for the 2014 XLE AWD with either 12K or 15K in either MN or FL (if state matters), thank you!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084

@ellysbelly said:
    Hi, can some please share the current numbers for the 2014 XLE AWD with either 12K or 15K in either MN or FL (if state matters), thank you!

Florida numbers - MF of .00192 and either 65% or 63% residual (36 months).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mrny1mrny1 Member Posts: 18

Do you have the April numbers for a 2014 Limited Platinum in 12K and 15K for NJ. Thank you.

@mrny1 said:
    Do you have the April numbers for a 2014 Limited Platinum in 12K and 15K for NJ. Thank you.

What is the lease term?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

36 mo

Michael-do you have these numbers; i'm looking to close a deal this weekend. Much appreciated

@mrny1 said:
    Michael-do you have these numbers; i'm looking to close a deal this weekend. Much appreciated

Highlander Limited - 36/12 and 36/15 MF of .00192

12K residual 65%

15K residual 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• boatguy2boatguy2 Member Posts: 22

Do you have the Current lease numbers for a 2014 Limited Platinum, both 12K and 15K for Chicago, IL. 36 months Thank you.

@boatguy2 said:
    Do you have the Current lease numbers for a 2014 Limited Platinum, both 12K and 15K for Chicago, IL. 36 months Thank you.

It doesn't look like we have any numbers for the 2014 Highlander, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    I posted in the acura mdx section, but now I am curious about numbers for the highlander. Residual, mf, 36mo for xle awd
    please
  • vinvazvinvaz Member Posts: 11
    Considering a 36 mo 12k mile lease on a XLE AWD.

What numbers am I looking at in Chicago area? Will consider putting a couple grand down.
    What MF and residual am I looking at?

I just put a deal together on a Limited Platinum 12k miles yesterday (Chicago area). No big deals to be had! MF .00180 residual 59.52% or $26,590. Only issue, dealers are sold out in this area. We shopped 7 dealers and no platinum inventory. We were told anywhere from 4 - 10 weeks and some holding to sticker.

• vinvazvinvaz Member Posts: 11

I did see a lot of Limited's out on the lots, not sure if they were platinum. I will be working with the sales people to see what they can put together for us.

• toy1otahtoy1otah Member Posts: 2

Hello, i'm considering a replacement to my 2011 Highlander with a 2014 LE Plus or XLE. May i please have the MF and residual for 36 month lease w/ 12K miles. Also are you aware of any current or upcoming promo with this vehicle as i've been told that due to high demand i won't see anything from Toyota? Thx in advance.

I'm sorry, but we don't have any Highlander lease information, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nomad317nomad317 Member Posts: 111

Here is what I have been quoted from 2 different dealerships.
    2014 Highlander XLE 36mo/12k when leased through Toyota: Residual 63%, MF: 0.0018
    (This is in Indiana which I believe covers IL, MN and WI as well)

Thanks for that info. That's a nice strong residual percentage, assuming it is calculated on the full MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I have a question on leasing. Does the manufacturer set the MF and residual? Or dealer? And does it vary state to state? I've been told by a local dealer here in Northern IL, this is the case and all toyota dealers must use the same numbers. My lease quote was based on a MF of .00180 and 59.52 residual for a 36 month 12k per year lease. This was on a limited platinum.

@boatguy2 said:
    I have a question on leasing. Does the manufacturer set the MF and residual? Or dealer? And does it vary state to state? I've been told by a local dealer here in Northern IL, this is the case and all toyota dealers must use the same numbers. My lease quote was based on a MF of .00180 and 59.52 residual for a 36 month 12k per year lease. This was on a limited platinum.

The finance company sets the residual and MF. The residual cannot be changed, but the MF is often marked up by the dealer for extra profit.

Toyota does have different numbers for different parts of the country.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kzevokzevo Member Posts: 53
    Can you please provide residual and MF for a 10k 36month lease on XLE AWD and limited for VA area. Also any incentives? Thank you .

I don't see any lease information for Highlanders, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mtlawmtlaw Member Posts: 2

Hi All...I just found this forum. We're picking up a 2014 Highlander XLE AWD tomorrow. 36 mos., $409/mo., 12K miles/yr. Only paying first month and DMV. Long Island, NY area. Found the dealer through Costco (!). We saw the signs while shopping in Costco and figured we'd try it. They're also taking my 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS for 12800 - my payoff is 12106. I only have 7500 miles on that car. (I commute by train to work. The car sits in the parking lot all day). I think it's good, no? I'm not following all these MF numbers. Would have been good if I had found this forum earlier but I think it's turning out ok. Thanks to all for all their info

• mtlawmtlaw Member Posts: 2

1 more thing - this is the first time that I'm leasing a Toyota. Any horror stories about end of leases issues? Anything besides a disposition fee?

• daveb22daveb22 Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2014

mtlaw.....what was your purchase price, residual value and money factor? That looks like a pretty good deal.

• dvrmandvrman Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2014

I just got a quote for Highlander 2014 XLE for 35000 Selling price Capped fees (includes dest) for 650$ total taxes tax (1451 including upfront fees, license and registration) drive off 939.98 monthly rental of 445.90 before California tax or 486.03 including tax.
    IS there a better deal to be found in Southern Cal ?
    residual was 63.1 (23426/37125) MF .00180 for 36 months

• dvrmandvrman Member Posts: 12

@kyfdx said:
    I'm sorry, but we don't have any Highlander lease information, this month.

I was quoted same pricing thru JUne 30 in California 63.10 residual and MF of .0018

• bdf1bdf1 Member Posts: 3

Just leased a new 2014 Highlander Limited (sticker $43,580). Toyota is a bit funny with residuals as unlike most, they don't use %, instead give you a residual for each car (in this case worked out to 59%). This was for 36 months/12K mileage per year. Not thrilled about the low residuals as more accustomed to Lexus and much better residuals. The Toyota offered money rate was .0017 but dealer offered .0013 through 3rd party bank.

Ended up paying no capital cost reduction, $535/month. Car was in transit. If I took one off lot, it would have been $525. Because the model is new, limited inventory and no specials.... I like to buy cars at invoice to invoice + 500. This was closer to invoice +1,000 but still a decent deal given situation.

Prefer dealing with Lexus.

• bdf1bdf1 Member Posts: 3

I should not the lease pament above included 7% NJ Sales Tax

Thanks for reporting in... Calculating a lease deal with Toyotas is frustrating, if you are used to a straightforward deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gq3856gq3856 Member Posts: 79

any one have any info on the june numbers.

We don't have any solid numbers on the Highlander, except for residuals. It doesn't look like Toyota is running any special leases on this model, in any region.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43

Just leased a Highlander XLE 6/12/14. No real deals/incentives out there.
    MSRP $39,084
    Cap Cost $36,500 (dealer discount off MSRP)
    MF .0018
    36 months/ 12K per year
    63% residual
    $1000 down
    $450/month

• gq3856gq3856 Member Posts: 79

@quickreply said:
    Just leased a Highlander XLE 6/12/14. No real deals/incentives out there.
    MSRP $39,084
    Cap Cost $36,500 (dealer discount off MSRP)
    MF .0018
    36 months/ 12K per year
    63% residual
    $1000 down
    $450/month

Not too bad still waiting and hoping that the mf comes down a bit.

Enjoy your new ride.

• digitaltobindigitaltobin Member Posts: 1

Hi all - this forum is very informative. I got a quote yesterday for an AWD XLE 2014 (bench seat) at $472/mo + tax (in Philly it brings it right to $525/mo.). $0 down. They're also taking my old car at about $600 over what I owe on it, which is fair based on my research (so really, it's like I'm putting down $600).

They still have not shared cap cost, residual or money factor, because I know they're manipulating pricing between my trade in and the cap. Any thoughts on if I still have room to move on this? Thanks for your help!

• chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95

@digitaltobin they can't manipulate a math equation. Call and ask for the money factor, residual and sale price of the vehicle. discussing payment only allows them to manipulate the deal.

• kchoprakchopra Member Posts: 39

Do we have any latest numbers for DENVER, CO for AWD XLE model? I have never leased a car so any tips or inputs will be of great help to me....

• kchoprakchopra Member Posts: 39

Hello friends,

Do we have any latest numbers for RWD or AWD models for DENVER, CO.

This discussion has been closed.