Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali

Comments

• rauch56rauch56 Member Posts: 4
    The other day after expressway driveing in a heavy rain I noticed that the carpeting on the driver side from the
    back seat all the way to the front toe kick area was totally soaked. I have had my 2000 Yukon for almost a year
    now and have never noticed this before. Anybody else have problems? I have an appointment tomorrow at the
    dealer to inspect. Also, the vehicle was taken in several months ago for the body seal recall.
  • 71landcruiser71landcruiser Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy new YXL for wife but she does not like any of the GM colors for Yukon or Suburban. She likes the spruce green color of the Ford Ex's but I want GMC product. Currently have a 1994 Suburban with 178,000 miles so we tend to live with them for a while. Does anyone know when the 2002 (or information about it) will be out? Are there any meaningful improvements over the 2001 and what will the color options be? Thanks.
  • jamesk4jamesk4 Member Posts: 55
    Has anyone heard of any??? rebates for Suburbans and or Yukon XLs that might be coming out. I have an XL on order that should come in two weeks from now. I would hate to pick it up and have a rebate come out a week later.
  • eddieandkarl2eddieandkarl2 Member Posts: 2
    check edmunds regional incentives.i heard that yukon xl will be discontinued .i hope we can get parts 20 years from now.any thoughts?
  • buster27buster27 Member Posts: 28
    I have heard that GM is going to offer $1000 on a new Suburban to current owners of GM SUV's. It is supposed to come in the mail in the form of a coupon. If you are going to get one, it is supposed to be in the next week to ten days.
    Where did you hear that the Yukon XL was to be discontinued? Can't believe they would do that.
  • larrys7larrys7 Member Posts: 35
    Highly recommend the following:

LUND Interceptor - Paint to match..
    Clear & paint the back side - Lifetime Warranty
    No way to rub the paint & easy to wipe behind!!

STULL Polished grille inserts

CATCH-ALL/NIFTY - Floor Mats & Cargo trays

BUSHWACKER OE style Fender Flares

Ventvisors/Stepshields/Stainless Fender Trim & Rocker Panel Trim/Taillight Covers/K&N Air Cleaners/BORLA MUFFLERS

Any questions...email larrys@cdsinet.net
    Larry's Detail Service, Marshall, MO

FOR SALE - 97 SLE Suburban 4WD - LOADED w/lots of extras!! 48k Red/Grey Leather can email pics SHARP! One of kind!
  • kingwkingw Member Posts: 6
    We have the wet window problem on our 2001 Suburban, usually for a day or two after a rain or the car wash. They come up streaked after they have been rolled down. Our other cars have done this, but whatever makes them wet has always dried out more quickly. Streaking only happened for the first couple of hours or so.

While we are covering details like this, my windshield wipers are noisy. It's not the wiper blades, but the motor itself. Whine, whine whine. I get enough of that from my kids! Do I need to take it in to the service department?

Thanks
  • snug38snug38 Member Posts: 6
    How can I find out about the $1000 coupon GM may be offering to current owners of GM SUV's. I own a '93 suburban and ordered a new one six months ago. It came in today and I pick it up in MS Saturday. I would hate to lose out on $1000 coupon.
    My dealer said that current owners would get the
    $1000 coupon and that I should get it within the next week to 10 days. Don't know what database GM would use to send them out. Ask your dealer about it.
    I wouldn't sign the papers until you hear about the $1000.
    My new Suburban is supposed to be here next week. Shipped on 20 Feb. Hope my coupon is here by then.
  • stakeoutstakeout Member Posts: 173
    I have a '99 Subn.. have had a wet carpet problem after a rain a few times.. finally found the 'service bulletin' on it from the NHTSA( National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) site at

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/ then click on 'safety problems' nand this site should pop-up http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/ then go to any of the sites listed.. if you click on 'Technical Service Bulletins' a site will come up ..just put in your make model year and all Tech Svc Bulletins will come up for it...

here's the Tech Svc Bulletin for my '99 Subn

Service Bulletin Number: 000866001

Bulletin Sequence Number: 968

Date of Bulletin: 0001

NHTSA Item Number: SB609708

Make: CHEVROLET TRUCK

Model: SUBURBAN

Year: 1999

Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS

Summary: SUBJECT REGARDING WATER INTRUSION INTO REAR COMPARTMENT. *TT

have to get over to my dealer and lay it on him...

ALSO has anyone else heard about that GM coupon on Suburbans for current owners.. is it legit...?? My dealer hasn't heard about it.. or refuses to verify it..

Thanx

• jcgarjcgar Member Posts: 1
    Talked to my local dealer today about 1000
    dollar customer loyalty program for current sub/tahoe owners..mine too is expected in any day.
    He told me that I can bring title or current registration for proof of ownership, and that should be enough. Thought that I would pass this along.
    Also, you can't beat these guys on a great deal... get this: $98.00 over FACTORY INVOICE!
    NO B.S. They will build it over the phone. Took me ten minutes to order mine. Very knowledgeable salesperson... Jim Cowley. They are located in South Carolina, and will drop ship to a dealership close to you, anywhere in the U.S.
    Look up website: Marchantchevy.com. Good professional people.
    Is this just for Suburbans, or does it apply to YXL's too. I have a YXL on order that is to be built on 3-5-01.
  • btenbten Member Posts: 28
    Just ordered a Z71 yesterday. It is only available in Black, White, Green, or Pewter. I ordered the peweter one. I had to pay $1000 over Invoice vs. $500 for other Subs. There was one thing that was different from the brochure. The lights on the back of the luggage rack were not available. The Z71 includes the LS package. The seats are not heated and do not have the power lumbar feature. I drove an LT(4X4) and a Z71 back to back. The Z71 was slightly stiffer, but was still a great ride. The tires were Goodyears (that alone saves over $700). I really like the heavy duty luggage rack with roller, and the monochrome finish to the grill and bumpers. I didn't order the convience package ($187 for a garage door opener and self dimming mirror seemed expensive.
  • troyjill1troyjill1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info..
  • rl4u2crl4u2c Member Posts: 1
    Took possession of my Charcoal grey 3/4 ton LS 4X4 last tuesday.. couldn't find one with the 8.1 that we liked so opted for the 6.0. Couldn't tell the difference driving without really romping
    on it. But even the 6.0 is quicker than the Seq. or Exc. 4.10 gears really help out. Can't wait to get it out on the highway. Its
    a beautiful truck. GM's got a winner with this new body style and it fits in my garage. No complaints from this Colorado family.
  • heatwave3heatwave3 Member Posts: 462
    bmoss1: The '01 Denali XL has a 6.0L, 3.73 rear, 320hp and 365 ft. lbs. of torque with a tow capacity of 8400lbs compared to the '92 2500 Suburban with 7.4L, 4.10 rear, 230hp and 385 ft lbs of torque and a tow capacity of 10,000lbs.

The '01 3/4 ton 4wd comes in 4 variations: 8.1L, 4.10, 12,000lbs; 8.1L, 3.73, 10,500lbs; 6.0L, 4.10 10,000lbs; 6.0L, 3.73, 8,000lbs

I traded the '92 Sub in on the '01 DXL in January. The ride differences are like night and day. Can't compare the new 3/4 ton to the old one, but I am sure there is a significant improvement. The 3/4 ton however, will always have a "bouncier" ride than the 1/2 ton due to the leaf springs in the rear. This is particularly true when the rear suspension is unsprung (no load).

The whole point of the leaf spring suspension is to provide for a greater loading on the rear suspension than a coil and shock setup could provide. The combination of the 4.10 rear with leaf springs (and the xtra torque of the 7.4L) are the reasons my '92 3/4 ton had a greater tow capacity even though the new DXL has greater hp.

In the end, I traded the xtra 1600 lbs tow capacity for the greater comfort of the 1/2 ton suspension in the DXL. BTW, for those with the 8.1L and 4.10 rear, where do you find a tow bar and ball with a 12,000 lb rating? The largest I have seen in catalogs is 10,000lbs.

Yes, the driver side window comes up wet several days after a rain or the car wash. I was thinking it was just because of the cold weather in the NE and when the weather warms up it will dry out quicker.

No, I haven't had "cold feet" syndrome in the front passenger floor area. I have front and rear climate control set-up.
  • duanekeldermanduanekelderman Member Posts: 4
    To respond to the two folks who responded to my message about Carbargains, I guess everyone is entitled to his or her suspicions. All I know is this organization enabled me to get a Yukon XL for 200 over invoice when the best price I could get before that was 1000 over invoice, and to do so with no hassle. As to the question of why it's a .org and not a .gov, I don't know. I am going by the report that the Today show had on this organization. I understood them to say this was a wing of the consumer protection agency of the fed. gov. Again, it worked great for me. I've never had a better car buying experience.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's the Today show story (and video):Thinking about buying a car online?. Congrats on the Yukon!

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • rb71rb71 Member Posts: 2
    The '01 Yukon XL in Garnet Red is sitting in my driveway after only a 7-week order process. Excellent experience and only $12 over invoice. I plan on installing a brake controller for a trailer soon, but don't really want to screw it into the panel below the steering wheel. I'm thinking abbut putting it in the storage area where the CDs/cassettes can be stored (under the radio), as it has a closing door and is nicely hidden when not in use.

Do these little units generate any heat? Has anyone done this before?
  • rleonardrleonard Member Posts: 17
    Hi Heatwave #664 Do you have the moon roof? If not have you operated in below 50 degree weather? It appears that moon roof equiped YukonXL and Denalli XL with moon roof have a different htr/ac system and don`t have cold air problem.
  • rb71rb71 Member Posts: 2
    We ordered our '01 Yukon XL on Jan 2 of 2001. Ordered Garnet Red with 1SC and other options. I worked with dealer in North Carolina who sells all their ordered vehicles for $200 below invoice. They do have a $212 "processing fee", but at that price, I really didn't argue about it much. The invoice includes a 1% ad fee which seems to be standard for the area. All was done over the phone; I knew the exact options and pricing, and put the deposit down.

I called GMC the next week and they said to call back in 2 weeks, that the order should be in the system by then. Two weeks later, they gave an estimated TPW of 2/5. So far, so good. I called the week of 2/5 to see if they were still on schedule, and the person indicated that the vehicle wasn't entered into the system yet?! After insisting that it was and that she check again, she "found it" and indicated there was no TPW for it and had no idea when it would get built. I called the salesman and he didn't really put a lot of trust into what the GMC folks had to say, but assured me things were going fine. I called GMC the next Wednesday, and viola, they said the truck had been built and shipped. I drove down and picked it up on 2/23 (even though they offered door-to-door delivery for only $100).

I was very happy with the process and wouldn't think twice about doing it again. The dealership is Biggs GMC/Pontiac in Elizabeth City, NC and the salesman (who was excellent) was Mike Douglas. If you contact him, please mention my name as a referral; maybe I'll get a hat or something.

Anyway, we love the truck, and this board has really helped in doing the research necessary to make an informed purchase.

Jeff Bishop
  • suburbansrulesuburbansrule Member Posts: 34
    Some of you are talking about loyalty certificates for $1000. Have any of you been able to actually get the $1000. off of the vehicle or are the coupons something thats happening in the near future? Someone mentioned showing a current registration to the dealer did that work without or in place of the coupon? Does anyone know how long the coupons are good for (specifically a date) I have a new suburban coming in the end of the month so any info will be appreciated. The dealer told me to plan on a 16 to 20 week wait and its going to be here in 8 weeks from the day we ordered it. Thanks in advance for all responses. Suburbansrule
  • btenbten Member Posts: 28
    I noticed in the Houston paper on Saturday that several dealers has statements in their ads that stated something like this:

Suburban Owners - Ask about $1000 Loyalty Rebates on new Suburbans.

Same thing for the Tahoe.
  • heatwave3heatwave3 Member Posts: 462
    71landcruiser: I haven't seen alot of news on the 2002 Subs or Yukons, however the one thing I did see is pretty interesting. The 2002 Subs and YXLs will have an option (or standard, not sure) for a "suicide door" behind the second row doors that hinges at the rear and provides access to the third row seating. Can only be opened when the second row door is open. Very Interesting. Kind of like the access doors on the pickups that open to provide entry to rear bench seat.

rleonard: Yes, I have the moonroof, however I had it installed aftermarket through the dealer. This way I could have the rear climate controls and the moonroof. I used the ASC which is the same sunroof/moonroof used by GM. Cannot tell the difference and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Also has one touch close feature and auto close ten seconds after the ignition is turned off. Neither feature is available from the factory. You can read more on the sunroofs at ascglobal.com.
  • csotbcsotb Member Posts: 8
    We have a 2000 K2500 Suburban and I'm not sure if the transfer pump between the secondary and primary tanks is working. When we fill the tank when the low fuel warning light is on and gas gauge on empty, we're only able to put in 20-something gallons. My understanding is that when the primary tank is down to 5 gallons, the 11.5 gallons is transferred to it from the secondary, which should mean the gas gauge goes back up to almost 1/2. When the guage is on empty, it should mean both tanks are low. Does anyone have any comments? The owner's manual is useless!!!
  • pcalpcal Member Posts: 5
    Help! I've had my 2001 Tahoe 5 months and it has started making a clicking noise from the engine(sounds like valves). I took it in last week and the serviceman agreed that (in his words!) that is definetly not a good sound! He called to say it was ready and said it was fine that it had a carbon build up and they had decarbonized it. Picked it up Friday night and believe it or not its clicking even louder. When called he now says that Tahoe engines are just a little loud. Feeling like he was giving me the run around, I spoke with him again this morning and told him it's not the loudness it's the distinctive clicking sound thats a problem. I'm scheduled to take it in again in the morning. Any advice!!!!!
  • dfwk2500dfwk2500 Member Posts: 68
    Had some brief discussions on this issue in a another forum. The information I learned there is that there are two separate sending units, one for each tank. Somehow the computer knows how to merge the two readings to arrive at the correct reading for both tanks on the instrument panel guage. Have not heard of anyone having a problem with the pump yet, but have heard of two folks having had the sending unit for the tank above the spare tire go out. I believe when that happened, they had a reading that they were close to out of gas when one of the tanks was still full. I'll look for those postings and try to copy them over here. Unfortunately, I have not found too many people knowledgeable about the exact operation of these two tanks.
    Here are the contents of the 3 posts about these tanks. Hope it helps:

1) Does anyone know how the dual fuel tanks on the 3/4 ton work. From just looking underneath there is a main tank
    along the inside frame rail and a secondary tank up above the spare. The fuel filler fills the secondary which has a
    large fill hose running to the main tank. Apparently by filling the secondary tank it runs over to the primary. My
    questions deal with how the fuel gauge works and the flow between tanks. The GMC brochure is silent on the dual
    tanks, but the Chevy brochure says that when the primary tank gets down to 5 gallons, a "turbine pump" pumps
    the fuel from the secondary tank. Does anyone know how this works? Or if there is a fail safe system in place? Also
    which tank does the gauge read from, or is it a combination of both? My fear is the gauge reads from both based on
    my recent fill ups. The level in the gauge and the amount of fuel added makes sense. But what if the pump between
    tanks stops functioning? Could my gauge read a 1/4 tank when the engine stops running for lack of fuel because
    the secondary tank still has 10 gallons of fuel, but the pump won't transfer it?

2) I was wondering the same thing. I just got my 8.1 a month ago and it has been in the shop for a week waiting on a
    part (left from axle boot had a leak). In addition, my gas gauge intermittently doesn't work. I have filled up twice
    and drove a few feet and the needle goes to empty, the first time it came back within 10 minutes and the last time it
    still registered empty when I took it into the shop for the boot. I didn't even know there was two tanks until I picked
    up my truck last night and saw that they had ordered a sender unit for the lower tank. That tells me there are
    actually two sending units, but how they work together is beyond me at this point. I am also in DFW (Valley Ranch)

3) After reading the first post for the request of help on 2 tank operation, I read the 2000 Service manual. They guide
    you through the replacement of the two senders, they advise that the resistance varies from 40 to 250 ohms, the
    leads go thru connector C-152, BUT I cannot find a description of how the circuit truely operates.
    Page 8-702 does say that :
    The resistance values only reflect the specified fuel level when the signal circuits for both the primary and secondary
    fuel level sensors are tied together. Will try fo find something else Sunday and will post if found.
    BTW I had hoped to find something on a pump to move gas from one tank to the other - as one person mention -
    but no luck. The above paragraph was found under a 39 Gallon Tank section.

Sorry to be so long, but I don't think I'm allowed to reference the other forum where these were located.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Acutally a link to the other forum is probably better. Those messages are most likely copyrighted by the other forum and really shouldn't be posted elsewhere without the express written permission (etc., etc., like major league baseball....).

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
    Earlier this weekend, people were asking about a $1000 customer loyalty coupon. Got mine in the mail today. It is good towards the purchase of a Chevy Suburban or Tahoe. No mention of being able to use it on a GMC Yukon XL/Yukon.
    I currently own a Chevy Suburban. Maybe current owners of GMC Suburbans will get a coupon for a GMC.
    The coupon is good through March 1 - June 30.
    Here is the link, hope it works:

http://forums.delphi.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=GMSUV&msg=65.1&hits=1,

After all those exchanges a month or so ago about posting other links, it is a wonder anyone knows what is "acceptable" any more.

• rdtaylorrdtaylor Member Posts: 21
    rb71 -

I don't think you would want to hide the electric brake controller. For safety, you need access to it for adjustment and/or manual activation.

There are correctly-spaced mounting holes provided on the bottom of the dash below the steering column (no screws needed - use 2 bolts).
    The controller is very innocuous when mounted.
  • dustyonedustyone Member Posts: 262
    It is not a rumor anymore. Just receive the rebate certificate in the
    mail. It is good for $1000 toward a 2001 Tahoe or Suburban if purchased
    between 3/1/01 and 6/30/01. Can be used with new or lease from stock
    or ordered vehicle as well as with other rebate or incentives. Currently own a '99 Tahoe and have ordered a '01 2500 4WD LT 3/1/01
    I was on the phone with Chevy Customer Service this morning.. transferred me to 1-800-950-2438 ' Chevy Incentives Customer Service'.. they said that all current Tahoe & Suburban owners would get one..if not, all you have to do is mention Loyalty Incentive Program & show proof of current ownership of Tahoe or Suburban.. very helpful ..

two hours later.. what do I receive in the mail.. yop.. the Chevy $1000 Loyalty Coupon...

since I own a '99 Suburban.. my wife's looking for a new 2001.Subn...great timing..

now the question is... should we wait for the new quarterly incentives to come out on 4/3/01 .. looking for a lease.. both Chevy & Ford quarters begin that day...

currently 36 mo residual on '01 Subn is 52%... butt the BAD point.. lease interest rate is 9.3%.. very very poor... what to do... need that Lease rate to come down at least 2 percentage points to get a decent deal... also been looking at an '01 Expedition E-B 4wd.. had one back in '97 when 24 mo. residuals were at a whopping super-good 76%.. those days are gone.. right now '01 Expedition 36 mo residual is 45% with 6% interest rate... plus $1000 cash back..

whoever makes the best deal gets it..basically same MSRP on both trucks at around $42K... sure would like my wife to use that $1000 Chevy Loyalty coupon.. we shall see.. it's her call since it's her truck.. I never ..repeat never.. tell her which one to pick.. it'll always come back to haunt ya' :)

thanx all for the help..
    Thanks for the info on the coupons, very helpful and the timing is going to be perfect for me.
    Suburbansrule
  • rhanson3rhanson3 Member Posts: 69
    For those who have them, does it say they can or cannot be transferred to someone else. Is your name on them? I dont have a coupon but if I go the chevy rout, sure would like to save the money.
    I too inquired about the "Coupon" today. I found out that what the above posts stated is correct, however, there is one MAJOR restriction. You cannot use your Suburban coupon or title at a GMC dealer and you cannot use your GMC coupon or title at a Chevy dealer. Since I presently have a "burb", and now want to purchase a GMC YLX, guess what, I am out of luck.

I truly believe that General Motors would rather play games than sell vehicles. What difference does it make as long as I buy a GM SUV???????

Billion Dollar Corporation with a .50 (fifty cent) mindset.

No wonder sales are off.

I spoke with a GMC dealer today that said he was ready to call a bunch of customers that had "burbs" until he read the fine print.

If you feel like I do, go to the GM website and let them know your thoughts, we the public should have some say so since we are the ones spending our $40,000 on their SUV.
  • ppwagenppwagen Member Posts: 1
    My left front brake locks up during hard braking. I have replaced the cal, brake pads twice and turned the rotors. what now
    Does it look like you could give a non-gm owner the coupon to use? Or is your name printed right on it. Thanks
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    I have found a couple of dealerships that are part of "groups" where one dealer has an affiliation or owns other brands. Like my GMC dealer owns Oldsmobile/Cadillac/Pontiac and a couple of other dealerships. They are all under different names, so it is possible to buy the previous owners name and reputation. Have you looked into finding a dealer that has GMC and Chevy in the group? I don't know if it would make a difference or if they can "fudge" the paper work so that you can get the $1000 off. I do agree with you on GM's business sense. I work for them and from the inside it is really evident as well. Penny wise and dollar stupid. Also at the same time they know they have a product, Yukon XL and Suburban, that will sell every unit produced without much hassle or incentives needed, even in the softening economy people are tripping over each other to get one. I have found no real deals on financing as a result of this thinking.
    I posted a pic of my Loyalty Coupon I received yesterday at this URL if the pic below doesn't post up http://greengrouper.com/ggserver/Chevy1KLoyaltyCoupon.jpg

if you can read the small print.. .. "...non-transferable except for someone in the same household...."..also, according to Chevy Customer Service-Incentives at 1-800-950-2438.. if you currently own a Suburban or Tahoe all you have to do is show proof at the dealership and no coupon is needed..

it appears that they won't let you switch from Chevy to GMC or vice versa... maybe if someone out there is a GMC Yukon/Suburban owner and received their coupon.. they could post what their says..

ditto....on those p-nut brains at those Big Motorhead Corporations..

• drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • dustyonedustyone Member Posts: 262
    " Also at the same time they know they have a product, Yukon XL and Suburban, that will sell every unit produced without much hassle or incentives needed, even in the softening economy people are tripping over each other to get one. "

Why then are so many on the dealers lots? Are all of the GM assembly plants working three shifts, seven days a week to produce these trucks? I don't think so.. Just my $0.02
  • csotbcsotb Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the info We're taking the Sub to the dealer this week for its first oil change (~3100 miles, but I rather change early after the engine's break-in) and I'll ask them about the gauge reading as well as get them to look at the front passanger seatbelt retractor which is malfunctioning. If they shed any new light on the gas tank business I'll make a post.
  • cat1iacat1ia Member Posts: 16
    Just finished talking to *ignore* help desk 800-950-2438 about special incentives. 1) customer loyalty program applies to all chevy owners. All one needs to do is show proof of ownership and one will reciecve $1000.00 off our best deal. 2) Low APR in my region (Columbus, Ohio) does not apply as the person was unable to local Columbus as being on the list. This is done by counties for Low APR.
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    In my area, Detroit, MI the Suburbans and Yukon XL's are sold the same week and in most cases within 2 days of shipment. When they first came out you could find them fairly easy but as people saw them on the road they got snatched up. One reason that you may be seeing a lot of them in your area is that the dealer ordered them with/without popular options, like 4WD or leather interior, barn doors instead of liftgate, ect. I know that I didn't want to spend all that money and get a second rate piece of equipment, or be forced into something I didn't want. The price difference is not that much when you start looking in the price range of the 'Burbs, and XLs. Regular Yukon's and Tahoe's are almost littering the lots everywhere in my area though. The Indiana plant that builds 1/2 ton and a few of the 3/4 ton Yukon XL's, Denali XL's, and 'burbs only runs 2 shifts, talked to them at the Detroit Auto Show. GM would only run 6 days a week if the demand was really high, and never run 7 days a week, at least not in the US, by UAW/GM contract GM would have to pay workers time and a half on Saturday and DOUBLE TIME to work on Sunday, they are way too cheap for that. In Mexico there may be a different story, no union, and really cheap labor. My plant is shut down this week do to inventory status, too high, but the other plants are running, as far as I know. We build the DeVille, Seville, and Buick LeSabre. According to the finance guys at both the dealer and my bank, interest rates are based on demand of the vehicle,meaning that if everyone wants one they get whatever intrest rate want. Like the model end clearance sales, everyone wants the "new" model so they give you a deal on financing as a result of you taking the older model. This was one of the big problems with Chrysler, they came out with a new body style minivan and overbuilt the old style, and couldn't give the old ones away.
    where can I find information on what colors the fender trim comes in? I seem to remember that the trim no longer matches the body color in all cases. Thanks for your help.
    If your talking about a chevy the exterior color chosen dictates the wheel flare color some colors such as the forest green will have color-keyed flares whether their as LS or LT other colors like victory red or indigo blue will have black flares on an LS and color-keyed on an LT. If they come with black flares they are always textured so that means you can't have them painted afterword. If you have a dealer print you a detailed report it will specify exactly what your getting. On a GMC their flares are basically a small black wheel lip molding on whatever color you get whether it's an LS or LT.
    Hope this helps,
    Suburbansrule
  • chevydude2chevydude2 Member Posts: 36
    ppwagen...I recently sold my '96 'Burb and had a similar problem... Left front inboard disc brake shoe would stick and toast the Rotor. As is the case, local GM dealer said it was not a warranty claim ("burb had 18M miles). Took it to another dealer and he discovered that the brake casting had a "bump" in the slide rail and once the caliper rail went over it, it could not retract back. He touched it up with a rotary file and it worked perfect after that -- even with hard braking. Hope this helps. Brad