Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 chevy aveo stopped at stop sign..... wouldn't go. had to turn car off then start it again...

diane15042diane15042 Member Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet

Is there a recall for this?

Answers

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    edited April 2014

Here is a link to Edmunds Car Maintenance page. Enter your vehicle's info to find any recalls or TSBs.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-maintenance/guide-page.html

• barkydogbarkydog Member Posts: 45

@diane15042 said:
    Is there a recall for this?

Have you had the recall work done for the coil pack and spark plugs?

• diane15042diane15042 Member Posts: 4

WHEN WAS THIS RECALL FOR THE COIL PACK AND SPARK PLUGS???

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Hi Diane - it looks like that was in 2012. If you call a local Chevy dealership's service department and give them your VIN number, they should be able to tell you if there are any open recalls on your vehicle.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

checked and it has all it's recalls..... so still don't understand why a car would not go after stopping . stopped at stop sign- pressed gas wouldn't go- put in park then back in drive- still wouldn't go- turn car off then back on...... could then go!

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

You'll need to have a tech do a scan while the problem is occurring so that he can freeze the data he's seeing and possibly draw a conclusion from that. I'm sure something will turn up from a scan.

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hello diane15042,

I apologize for these issues you are facing in your Aveo. I would be happy to contact a preferred dealership on your behalf and discuss some possible options for you and your vehicle. Please email me at socialmedia@gm.com ATTN Patsy, and include your VIN, current mileage, contact info and your dealership so I can better assist.

Patsy G
    GM Customer Care

thanks patsy
    I was told to take it in for check up when it happens again..... haha they said they can only run the computer on it when it happens...... don't know how they think I will get it there if it happens again and I start it to get it there :(