Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Diesel

eric06jpcrderic06jpcrd Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Jeep

My son has a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD with 2.8 Diesel. It has the Green Diesel Engineering software. Last week it threw an Engine code on the CEL; We went a parts store and they showed my son how to clear it. Three days later, the engine starts but dies right away. My plan:
1. disconnect & reconnect battery terminals to reset computer
2. Test run
3. Reload Green Diesel program
4. change out fuel filter...just came in yesterday
5. Come back to forum and as

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

Try skimming the posts over in the Jeep Liberty Diesel Maintenance and Repair discussion too.

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited April 2014

Disconnecting the battery probably won't do any good on a 2006 car and probably make things worse. You'll lose the PCM's adaptive memory, shift point settings, fuel mixture settings, and other control functions as well----and any codes and any freeze-frame data you'll need to diagnose the CEL.

You need to find out what the CEL was about. Do you remember the code #? All I see going on here is just postponing the problem---it'll come right back again until you fix it.

• Options
    willysjeepwillysjeep Member Posts: 107

I know there was a link to the CELs in past posts. You may also find help here:

http://actron.com/code_lookup.php

Note ACTRON does not have specific codes for the Jeep Libery Diesel. If the code is P0401 which I suspect it is, it will be the EGR valve. This shouldn't come in with the Green Diesel tune, but if it's this one, I'd just clear it every few days. It is a design issue.

• Options
    buchi1buchi1 Member Posts: 1
    The fuel consumption of my Liberty jeep 2006 is very high, please I need advise on how to resolve this problem.

I did a diagnosis with the computer and it gave me this code:
    B1A2A, B1B2A, B1D2A.

I need help please.