Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dashboard lights on - ESP/BAS, ABS, BRAKE, TRACTION CONTROL

danaclingdanacling Member Posts: 9
edited May 2015 in Dodge
Hi everyone,
I had a question. Does anybody know what having these four warning dashboard lights come on mean ?( ESP/BAS, ABS, BRAKE, TRACTION CONTROL) I tried taking to my dealership (45 minute drive) early this morning and was turned away because they were "backed up", was told to try again Tuesday (4 days away). So I went to a second dealership, advisor was a little nicer but again was told to bring back Tuesday. Neither one offered to at least dump the codes to let me know if my vehicle is safe to drive, or if more damage to the vehicle could result from driving it.
The 4 dashboard lights come on (every time) after I start the vehicle, put it in drive, and start driving a short distance. Does anyone know what might be going on? It's a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with 59,000 miles on. Thanks in advance if anyone has any input.

See Also: Dodge Caravan Electrical Issues

Comments

• srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Not sure about the ESP/BAS and BRAKE indicators, but the ABS and TRACTION CONTROL lights being on could mean that one of the wheel speed sensors is bad. I had those two lights come on on my 2007 Grand Caravan and that's what the problem was.
  • dewash64dewash64 Member Posts: 1
    this happened to me recently, we checked brake fluid etc, still stayed on. Then the steering sounded funny so I checked steering fluid it was low, put some in and guess what the lights went out.
  • danaclingdanacling Member Posts: 9
    I know when I moved the steering (tires) from left to right, while the van was parked in the garage, the lights went out next time I drove it. (I was trying to re-position the tires, while it was in the garage, so I could try and locate the wheel sensors). That would really cheese me if it was a low steering fluid problem, and I payed the dealership $100.00 deductible to (supposedly, or for real) replace a control module.
    Thanks for the update, I will watch closer if the problem returns, or if my steering fluid level gets low. But so far, I haven't had the lights return at all. How many miles were on the van when this happened to you?
  • benabbasbenabbas Member Posts: 1
    It was a cold night black ice all over my car slide to the right side couldn't control it any more a turned the steering all the way left but the front tire hit the side walk scratching the rim very badly ,,, I drove for about 30 mil after the ESP BAS light went on ,, the alignment wasn't in good shape i took the tire out and looked at the inner tire arm or rod that connect the wheel to the steering and it was bend I had to replace it for $100.00 including labor ,, and I had alignment done ,,the light didn't went out right a way but it disappear 3 mil after :)
  • nanatnhnanatnh Member Posts: 1

Did this ever get fixed? what was the problem? My 2008 grand caravan sxt is doing the same thing...is it safe to drive??

• nanatnhnanatnh Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

I don';t know why these are on, have to wait for dealership to return my call for service center. Is it safe to drive? Is it an easy fix?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• caseyg34caseyg34 Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Laredo recently had this exact problem. Was there ever a fix found? Thanks!
  • egjoegjo Member Posts: 2
    I do have same problem with my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan se.The eps/bas abs traction control are on at my dashboard.i feel the rear right wheel is heavy to roll.i need some advice or help. I don’t want to run the van to the shop,little afraid to run it.ist it safe to drive it or not? Thanks
  • egjoegjo Member Posts: 2
    My mechanic did open the rear evaporator right side.i haven’t been purchase a valve for the evaporator.is this the cause of the lights on the dashboard? Thanks 
  • bossfrazierbossfrazier Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    @Danacling could you please tell what was the solution?