Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra Touring Odometer / Tripometer Unreadable

bostondogbostondog Member Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in Hyundai
Hi Hyundai owners. I recently bought a pre-owned 2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring Wagon. I LOVE the car except for one thing... The odometer and tripometer digital display is unreadable. The digits are blue on a black background, and during daylight hours -- the display is impossible to read. I showed it to the dealer during the car's first oil change, and unfortunately it wasn't that bad on that day. However it has since worsened to the point that even at night, with the backlight turned all the way up, the numbers are extremely hard to read. The car was the dealer's loaner car and of course came with a great warranty. Could this be a fuse or a design flaw? Anyone else experience this with their touring wagon? Thank you.

Comments

• jnorris2jnorris2 Member Posts: 1

Hi....having the exact issue on our 2012 Elantra Touring......going to the dealer this week to get fixed....along with a gas cap door that sticks....will post mt outcome...thanks

• alfred141alfred141 Member Posts: 1
    I have this same issue on my 2012 Elantra Touring. Hyundai has replaced the instrument cluster 3 times under warranty. It goes out about every 20,000 miles. I have asked Hyundai if they have a permanent fix for this issue but have not been able to get an answer from them.
  • howner1howner1 Member Posts: 1
    Our dash fades out every summer. The LCD dies in the Georgia heat. I am surprised that this isn't subject of a recall.