Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in BMW

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 BMW X5 purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 BMW X5, please share your experience here. To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 BMW X5 Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 BMW X5 page.

To see all forums discussions about the BMW X5, including earlier model years, please visit our list of BMW X5 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• gosoonersgosooners Member Posts: 44

If anyone was able to claim the $500 Drive Credit in March, please let us know!

• twatchko01twatchko01 Member Posts: 23

Does anyone have any insights into the pull ahead program and what BMWFS's finance rates are if you use this program? I've been quoted 5 different rates by 3 different dealers. I'm looking at 2013 CPO'd cars and want to finance over either 60 or 72 months. Just looking for a straight answer.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,080

@twatchko01 said:
    Does anyone have any insights into the pull ahead program and what BMWFS's finance rates are if you use this program? I've been quoted 5 different rates by 3 different dealers. I'm looking at 2013 CPO'd cars and want to finance over either 60 or 72 months. Just looking for a straight answer.

BMW's finance rates for almost all new car is 3.19%, but I don't have CPO rates. I'm also not certain that CPOs are eligible for the pull-ahead program. I think it has to be a new vehicle, and keeping with the title of this discussion, the 2014 X5 is not compatible with the pull-ahead program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    BMW's finance rates for almost all new car is 3.19%, but I don't have CPO rates. I'm also not certain that CPOs are eligible for the pull-ahead program. I think it has to be a new vehicle, and keeping with the title of this discussion, the 2014 X5 is not compatible with the pull-ahead program.

Ok thank you. So I'm confused, the dealer I'm working with is saying I must use BMWFS in order to use pull ahead program. I'm buying a CPO'd 2013 X5d. Are they just talking out their rear ends? I was qualified for BofA loan at a great rate but walked out on the deal because they changed the interest rate after agreeing, in writing, to the lower rate. Something doesn't add up.

By the way, I was approved by BofA through BMW CA I was working with. I didn't shop rate on my own and come back to them.

The pull-ahead program is definitely tied to being a BMWFS customer... so, that part is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ufo007ufo007 Member Posts: 12
    I just got an offer on a 2014 X5 with the configuration below for $68K. Is this a good price? The dealer agreed easily so now I'm thinking I should've quoted lower! ;)

3.0 liter 6 cylinder
    xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive
    M Sport
    Carbon Black Metallic
    Mocha Dakota Leather
    Poplar Wood Trim
    Cold Weather Package
    Driver Assistance Plus
    Driver Assistance Package
    ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
    Premium Package
    3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension
    Ceramic Controls
    Parking Assistant
    Rear manual side window shades
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2014

You can look up True Market Value here and compare the "average" price with the dealer's offer. Your goal should be to meet or beat TMV.

I may have missed an option or two (this one is really loaded!), but I get a TMV of $70,869 for a random (Wisconsin) zip code. That includes destination of $925.

Almost $3,000 below TMV is good; no idea if BMW dealers are selling for closer to invoice than that.

@ufo007 said:
    I just got an offer on a 2014 X5 with the configuration below for $68K. Is this a good price? The dealer agreed easily so now I'm thinking I should've quoted lower! ;)

3.0 liter 6 cylinder
    xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive
    M Sport
    Carbon Black Metallic
    Mocha Dakota Leather
    Poplar Wood Trim
    Cold Weather Package
    Driver Assistance Plus
    Driver Assistance Package
    ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
    Premium Package
    3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension
    Ceramic Controls
    Parking Assistant
    Rear manual side window shades

Rather than list all the options, just tell us the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ufo007ufo007 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Stever. TMV comes to $69,830.

kyfdx - Ha, stupid of me! $72,025 MSRP.

@ufo007 said:
    Thanks Stever. TMV comes to $69,830.

kyfdx - Ha, stupid of me! $72,025 MSRP.

$4K off a 2014 X5 is a strong offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ellisina4ellisina4 Member Posts: 40

Moderator, thank you for all your help with answering many questions while I was cross-shopping between various models. I placed an order yesterday for 2015 BMW X5 xDrive50. 36 months, 10k miles/year, residual 57% and MF 0.0013. The MSRP was $77,385. With everything rolled in (taxes, fees) into the $1100/month payment, I only had to pay a first month's payment upfront. They gave me $3k off MSRP and $1k off for un4gettable driving test drive that BMW currently offer when u test drive any BMW 4 series.
    Again, thank you for all your help.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chnugechnuge Member Posts: 3
    Looking to negotiate a buying price on a 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i with an MSRP of 62,900. Being a year end model what kind of % off of MSRP would be a reasonable discount?
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    Looking to negotiate a selling price for 2014/2015 x5 xDrive (I or d)
    My desired MSRP is 61,000. What discount from the MSRP people have been receiving? Please share.
    Thanks in advance!
  • cars_njcars_nj Member Posts: 1
    Just went to a dealer in NJ for X5 35i today. Got a quote of 59770 for MSRP of 63200 (with 3rd row seat)
  • dcnatfandcnatfan Member Posts: 20
    Anyone know what kind of end of the year deals are being offered on the X5?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    dcnatfan said:

Anyone know what kind of end of the year deals are being offered on the X5?

Not much ... the X5 is one of the most popular available. Maybe a few K off sticker if you're lucky.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4