Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
edited May 2015 in Hyundai
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Santa Fe page.

To see all forums discussions about the Hyundai Santa Fe, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Hyundai Santa Fe discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• lavalavalavalava Member Posts: 4
    I think I just got a GREAT deal. What do you think?

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
    2.4L FWD
    with the popular equipment package
    36 mo / 12k miles
    Taxes/Fees Down - $2,300
    $250/mo

It only took 6 hours at the dealership (still here!) but seems well worth it!
  • 1markymark1markymark Member Posts: 2

Could I get the December residual and money factor for a Santa Fe Limited with AWD on 10k and 12k miles? The lease term is 36 months. Thanks in advance.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

@1markymark said:
    Could I get the December residual and money factor for a Santa Fe Limited with AWD on 10k and 12k miles? The lease term is 36 months. Thanks in advance.

2014 Santa Fe Limited AWD 36mo, 12K/yr lease

.0010 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rjorge3rjorge3 Member Posts: 144

Hi carman, and happy holidays...can you provide me with the residuals and money factor for the following: 2014 Santa FE sport AWD with tech package, 36 months, 12k and 15k 2014 Santa FE sport Turbo (2.0) with Tech Package, 36 months, 12k and 15k miles Also, are they any incentives I should be looking at. I dont own a Hyundai, nor I am in the military or a student (maybe I should go back to school just to buy this car :>))) Thanks carman

2014 Santa Fe Sport AWD 36mo, 12K/yr lease

.00114 MF and 61% residual. Subtract 2% for 15K/yr

The turbo has a lower money factor of .00068

I'm not aware of any specific incentives on that model.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119

carman:

Looking for current MF and residuals for GLS and Limited AWD 36 months 12K miles. Thank you in advance!

Hyundai numbers expire today... It will probably be a week or so, before we get the new numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• roncoronco Member Posts: 6

I have a weird question for the group. I emailed a local dealer in Northern Virginia for a lease estimate on a Santa Fe Sport based on their advertised internet sale price. They sent me back a lease quote based instead on MSRP. When I responded to clarify that I wanted to use their sale price as the estimate basis, the sales manager told me their finance department only do leases using MSRP, and she sounded like she thought that was completely normal and that she would specifically have to ask if it was possible to lease on a negotiated sale price.

Is this some weird Hyundai finance thing? Has anyone else run across this with a Hyundai dealer?

A lot of people don't understand leases, including some sales people. Some portions of a lease are based on MSRP (the residual). In some dealerships, the sales people just tell the finance person what unit that the customer wants, and finance chooses a selling a price, plugs the numbers into the computer and spit out a monthly payment number.

It's all part of the plan to obfuscate the facts and give the consumer as little information as possible. Keep shopping until you get someone that will communicate with you, on your terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tf71307tf71307 Member Posts: 2

Do you have the March numbers for a 12k and 15k lease, 36 months on a Santa Fe Sport AWD w/ 2.4L engine? Looking for residual and money factor for tier 1. Thanks in advance!

@tf71307 said:
    Do you have the March numbers for a 12k and 15k lease, 36 months on a Santa Fe Sport AWD w/ 2.4L engine? Looking for residual and money factor for tier 1. Thanks in advance!

.00096 MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. 58% residual for 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• casperspookscasperspooks Member Posts: 8

Firstly, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum community! It proved to be an invaluable resource when researching our current lease.

Shopping for a lease on a Santa Fe Sport 2.0T, AWD, tech pkg, 36 months, 15K mi/yr, tier 1 in NJ and need to know what the numbers and any incentives are this month.
    Thanks in advance!

@casperspooks said:
    Firstly, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum community! It proved to be an invaluable resource when researching our current lease.

Shopping for a lease on a Santa Fe Sport 2.0T, AWD, tech pkg, 36 months, 15K mi/yr, tier 1 in NJ and need to know what the numbers and any incentives are this month.
    Thanks in advance!

.00050 MF and 58% residual. There are some incentives this month, but I'm not sure if they apply to leased vehicles.

$750 retail cash and $750 HMF bonus cash.... I'm sure the HMF cash is only for financed vehicles, but not sure about the retail cash. There is no lease cash on this model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• candemcandem Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014

Thanks for all the info. I am looking for the money factor and residual on a Santa Fe Sport FWD fully loaded with Tech package. I have been quoted a MSRP of $33,665 and the discount brings it to $30,978. MF .00113 and residual of 59% which seems a bit high to me?
    12k over 36 months, Tier 1. Does Hyundai offer a lower mileage lease? say 10k?

• sr287679sr287679 Member Posts: 3

Hi guys!! This thread alone has been so helpful in negotiating. I think I got a good deal on my 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T, AWD, with Navigation package. Got the selling price down to $32K taxes, fess, etc. 36 months, 15k miles a year, Money factor .0005. They gave me a residual of $20,450 which gives me a residual of 64% which seems really high.
    Is that a good or a bad thing? I have no intention of purchasing this vehicle at the end of this lease.
    Thanks in advance!

@candem said:
    Thanks for all the info. I am looking for the money factor and residual on a Santa Fe Sport FWD fully loaded with Tech package. I have been quoted a MSRP of $33,665 and the discount brings it to $30,978. MF .00113 and residual of 59% which seems a bit high to me?
    12k over 36 months, Tier 1. Does Hyundai offer a lower mileage lease? say 10k?

Money factor is either .00036 for the turbo, or .00073 for non-turbo in FWD models. I'd guess they are marking up your money factor for extra profit.

I'm not sure if Hyundai offers a 10K/yr lease, but I don't think they do..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@sr287679 said:
    Hi guys!! This thread alone has been so helpful in negotiating. I think I got a good deal on my 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T, AWD, with Navigation package. Got the selling price down to $32K taxes, fess, etc. 36 months, 15k miles a year, Money factor .0005. They gave me a residual of $20,450 which gives me a residual of 64% which seems really high.
    Is that a good or a bad thing? I have no intention of purchasing this vehicle at the end of this lease.
    Thanks in advance!

The residual is a percentage of MSRP, not selling price..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sr287679sr287679 Member Posts: 3

Ok thanks, that seems more reasonable.
    Got the lease this past weekend and haven't looked back, I love my SFS! The turbo is such a must!

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    The residual is a percentage of MSRP, not selling price..

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,537

@sr287679 said:
    Ok thanks, that seems more reasonable.
    Got the lease this past weekend and haven't looked back, I love my SFS! The turbo is such a must!

Congratulations - what were your final numbers?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Member Posts: 39

It would be appreciated if anyone can post some numbers of their deals, especially monthly payment.

• jonlevy504jonlevy504 Member Posts: 17

Hi,

Was wondering if you had residuals and MFs for a Santa Fe Sport FWD fully loaded with Tech package (non-turbo version... just the standard 2.4L I4).

Thanks!

• jonlevy504jonlevy504 Member Posts: 17

Sorry - should have mentioned before that I'm looking for a 12K, 36 month lease (believe that Hyundai doesn't do 10K leases, so 12K is what I'm forced to go with).

@jonlevy504 said:
    Hi,

Was wondering if you had residuals and MFs for a Santa Fe Sport FWD fully loaded with Tech package (non-turbo version... just the standard 2.4L I4).

Thanks!

@jonlevy504 said:
    Hi,

Thanks!

.00073 MF and 59% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bjessupbjessup Member Posts: 2

@kyfdx%40Edmunds said:

Does this apply to all 2.4L FWD Santa Fe's regardless of the options or what package is on the car?

@bjessup said:
    Does this apply to all 2.4L FWD Santa Fe's regardless of the options or what package is on the car?

Yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• pinksnyperpinksnyper Member Posts: 75

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:

Do you by any chance have April numbers for a Sport FWD 2.4 with a 15k/year 36 month lease?

• searchinginsdsearchinginsd Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2014

What do the lease numbers look like for 2014 Santa Fe GLS w/AWD - 36 month, 36k miles (if have lower than 12k that would work as well)

@searchinginsd said:
    What do the lease numbers look like for 2014 Santa Fe GLS w/AWD - 36 month, 36k miles (if have lower than 12k that would work as well).

.00061 MF and 61%. I don't believe Hyundai does 10K miles per year leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• wahoonkswahoonks Member Posts: 10

Looking for lease numbers for 2014 Santa Fe Sport, AWD & FWD, Turbo with Nav. 12k miles, 36 mo.

• wahoonkswahoonks Member Posts: 10

Also, is a good purchase price running about -7.5% off MSRP?

@wahoonks said:
    Looking for lease numbers for 2014 Santa Fe Sport, AWD & FWD, Turbo with Nav. 12k miles, 36 mo.

AWD 36/12 - .00050 and 60%

FWD 36/12 - .00036 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@wahoonks said:
    Also, is a good purchase price running about -7.5% off MSRP?

That I don't know .. you could check the "Santa Fe Prices Paid" discussions to see what selling pries are.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mraguayomraguayo Member Posts: 6

Hello...do we have May residual and money factor number for a 2014 Santa FE GLS with Premium Package, in Florida, 36 months, 12K miles a year?

Also, can you help me understand, the residual is based on the MSRP (approx 34K) or on the final sale price (I've been able to negotiate it to 29,500).

Thank you!!

@mraguayo said:
    Hello...do we have May residual and money factor number for a 2014 Santa FE GLS with Premium Package, in Florida, 36 months, 12K miles a year?

Also, can you help me understand, the residual is based on the MSRP (approx 34K) or on the final sale price (I've been able to negotiate it to 29,500).

Thank you!!

The residual is calculated off of the MSRP.

MF / residual is .00010 and 58% (FWD) or .00024 and 60% (AWD) for 36/12.

$500 lease cash on both .. make sure that's taken out after you've negotiated your best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• m_j_flm_j_fl Member Posts: 13

Do we have the May lease numbers for the Santa Fe Sport 2.0T and 2.4 in FL? Specs are: FWD, 12k miles, navigation, 36 or 39 months. Many thanks!

@m_j_fl said:
    Do we have the May lease numbers for the Santa Fe Sport 2.0T and 2.4 in FL? Specs are: FWD, 12k miles, navigation, 36 or 39 months. Many thanks!

2.0T:

36/12 - .00013 and 58%

39/12 - .00028 and 56%

2.4:

36/12 - .00017 and 57%

39/12 - .00058 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• m_j_flm_j_fl Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2014

Thank you!

• call_me_zimmycall_me_zimmy Member Posts: 2

Hello Michaell:

Thank you for all your help here. What May numbers do you see for:
    Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD
    12K & 15K, 36mo,-- All when time allows.

Cheers

@call_me_zimmy said:
    Hello Michaell:

Thank you for all your help here. What May numbers do you see for:
    Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD
    12K & 15K, 36mo,-- All when time allows.

Cheers

.00028 and 59% (12K). Deduct 2% for 15K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• call_me_zimmycall_me_zimmy Member Posts: 2

Superb. Thanks Michael.

• sam_dukesam_duke Member Posts: 17
    Can you please provide money factor and residual (Virginia) hyundai santa fe Limited with technology package. MSN is $41,275.
    Thanks

@sam_duke said:
    Can you please provide money factor and residual (Virginia) hyundai santa fe Limited with technology package. MSN is $41,275.
    Thanks

What lease term? How many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@sam_duke said:
    Thanks

AWD? .00047 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sam_dukesam_duke Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2014
    null
    Thanks so much. Yes for AWD for 36 months and 12k miles.
  • doug_d_2909doug_d_2909 Member Posts: 1

Looking for MF & Residual on a Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.4L with Technology package (Nav/Moonroof) for 3 year/36k mile lease in Indiana and Ohio. Thank you in advance!

@doug_d_2909 said:
    Looking for MF & Residual on a Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.4L with Technology package (Nav/Moonroof) for 3 year/36k mile lease in Indiana and Ohio. Thank you in advance!

.00072 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• anekozanekoz Member Posts: 2
    Would like to know current MF and residual on Santa Fe limited 2 wheel drive 2014 in California with tech pack.
    Would be better to know good lease price. First time leasing.
    Thanks a lot.
  • anekozanekoz Member Posts: 2
    12K miles, 36 months

@anekoz said:
    Would like to know current MF and residual on Santa Fe limited 2 wheel drive 2014 in California with tech pack... 12K miles, 36 months
    Would be better to know good lease price. First time leasing.
    Thanks a lot.

.00034 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sjrbluthsjrbluth Member Posts: 1

This is my first time leasing. I'm looking for the numbers of the current MF and residual on the Santa Fe Limited AWD 2014 in New York. 12k miles/36 months. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.