Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

@mdwmd said:
    Hi, looking to lease a 2014 MDX (either Tech or Advance/Entertainment) for 36 mos/15K miles. Could you please let me know the current residual for both models/MF. ZIP is 02445 if that has any impact. Thank you.

.00139 MF and 56%/55% residua for Tech/Advance, respectively.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mdwmdmdwmd Member Posts: 8

Thanks very much

• Options
    igongigong Member Posts: 2

Hi! Looking for a 2014 MDX Advanced/Entertainment SH-AWD. 36 mo/15k miles. Zip is 95605. Could you please let me know the current residual and MF for top tier credit? I assume this may change for region? Thanks so much!

• Options

@igong said:
    Hi! Looking for a 2014 MDX Advanced/Entertainment SH-AWD. 36 mo/15k miles. Zip is 95605. Could you please let me know the current residual and MF for top tier credit? I assume this may change for region? Thanks so much!

.00139 MF and 55% residual. Those numbers are nationwide.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    igongigong Member Posts: 2

Understood thanks for your time!

• Options
    dubyaemdeedubyaemdee Member Posts: 2

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00139 MF and 56%/55% residua for Tech/Advance, respectively.

Is this for AWD? And is it +2% residual for 12k and +4% for 10k? I'm considering an AWD Tech on the "$0 down/first month free/36 month" promotion they're running right now, but leasing is new to me so I'm not exactly sure what numbers to use in a lease calculator.

Thanks!

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

@dubyaemdee said:
    Is this for AWD? And is it +2% residual for 12k and +4% for 10k? I'm considering an AWD Tech on the "$0 down/first month free/36 month" promotion they're running right now, but leasing is new to me so I'm not exactly sure what numbers to use in a lease calculator.

Residual for AWD Tech is 57% for 15K. Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K.

.00139 MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    dubyaemdeedubyaemdee Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the quick response!

• Options
    elitox87elitox87 Member Posts: 24

hi can i get residuals and MF for MDX AWD BASE? this is for NYC - 12k/36 much thanks.

• Options

@elitox87 said:
    hi can i get residuals and MF for MDX AWD BASE? this is for NYC - 12k/36 much thanks.

.00139 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    elitox87elitox87 Member Posts: 24

@kyfdx thankyou!

• Options
    909california909california Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014

hi, is this a good price on a 2014 mdx with the new lease programs available, 2014 white 2wd and tech (navi)..36 month lease, 15000 miles,,what is a good lease pmt...i offered them 650 out the door ,,this includes tax...they started with a set price of 46000 and i think this is too high..please advise folks..the prices started at 771 and went down from there...still not finished neg. because i have a trade in to add to the mix

• Options
    edited May 2014

There are great lease deals now..but its just on.the base model .the money factor is good and residual value is strong..what are people paying for their new leases -need some advice and figures

• Options

@909california said:
    hi, is this a good price on a 2014 mdx with the new lease programs available, 2014 white 2wd and tech (navi)..36 month lease, 15000 miles,,what is a good lease pmt...i offered them 650 out the door ,,this includes tax...they started with a set price of 46000 and i think this is too high..please advise folks..the prices started at 771 and went down from there...still not finished neg. because i have a trade in to add to the mix

Residual for MDX 2wd and tech is 57% for 36/15. MF is .00139.

I can't comment on what a good selling price should be. You can use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine the invoice and TMV price for your area.

How much trade equity do you have? It's not a good idea to use it as a down payment, as if the car is stolen or totaled you are out that money. Better to have the dealer cut you a check for the equity, then you can use it to supplement your payment each month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options

what are you lease payments on mdx 2014 for 36 months and mdx with tech fwd only

• Options
    jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151

@909california said:

Never ever negotiate based on monthly price. you lose every time. You should be concerned w/ the cap cost, and ensure you're getting buy rate on the money factor.

• Options

Can you share MF and residual for AWD advance/tech/entertain for 36/15?

• Options

@jddssc121 said:
    Can you share MF and residual for AWD advance/tech/entertain for 36/15?

.00139 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

thanks forgot to ask. What is their lease acquisition fee? and any incentives? (conquest type competitive, or general incentives etc)

@kyfdx said:

• Options
    nicksmu17nicksmu17 Member Posts: 183

Anyone have the MF and residual for mdx AWD with tech 36months/10k year?

• Options
    nicksmu17nicksmu17 Member Posts: 183

in illinois if that makes a difference

THanks in advance

• Options

@nicksmu17 said:
    Anyone have the MF and residual for mdx AWD with tech 36months/10k year?

60% and .00139

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    4apex4apex Member Posts: 8

Can I get the money factor and residual for July? Looking for a 2014 Tech at 15k miles/year.
    Also, is there a difference in residual for the FWD vs the AWD? or the Basic vs Tech?
    Thanks!

• Options

The current numbers are good through July 7th. They don't give out future numbers. Money factors are the same for all MDXs, but residuals will vary by trim line and AWD/FWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nringnring Member Posts: 97

# LOOKING FOR MF & Residual for 2014 MDX SH-AWD with Technology and Entertainment Packages

location-Yardley, PA 19067 we have 9% sales tax

1.-Residual and MF for 36 and 48 mo lease for 10K miles

1. Residual and MF for 36 and 48 mo lease for 12K miles

3.It would be cool to know the MF and Residual for the 2015 MDX for 36 and 48mo lease witth 10K and 12 miles if that is out yet. Like to see the difference for th 2015 that has ZERO.ZERO changes then the 14.

• YES! THERE IS 100% no difference in the mdx 14 and 15. not one thing has changed. now is the time. i ahve 3 daughters and you cant beat the price for a cross over. we configured a 2014 MDX SH-AWD with Technology and Entertainment Packages- she needs nav and the single dvd. The advance is overkill. who cares about side sensor and some advanced cruise control. she never uses cruise control anyway.

She likes white diamond perl and white only comes in the darker Eucalyptus. until you see it it sounds terrible but very nice. so seating. is NOT captain seating. 3 rows. say seats 7 but really 6. meaning 2nd row bench middle no seat belt. The fact of the matter is for what my wife wants she should get a mini van BUT refuses. she is also coming out of a Nissan Armada Platinum 2011 V8 tricked out. the only option is the nissan Pathfinder but it is on record with major trans issues, bucking and it is loose suspension and it is very loud. The MDX is brillant, tight, and quite. a plus is my 7 year old can easily pull up the leaver and gain access to the 3rd row. the nissan pathfinder slides and difficult.

The #'s- MSRP is 54,460 including 895 destination. The TMV is 48,773, invoice is 47,654 here in the suburbs of Philadelphia. This includes No add ons. After you do the deal ask for ski rack and splash guards. looking at about 5600 below msrp. I know i can get that cap cost ie/ negotiated final sale price 1K less at 47,700 (so at invoice or dead cost) dont feel bad- manufacturer will give 3500 kick back to dealer.looking at lease. Residual for 36 mo lease is 57% and 48 mo is 46%. clearly the 48 mo residual is 11% less. the lower the residual the better- i have a 9% sales tax in PA. I just need the MF for 36 and 48 mo at 10K and 12K miles and i can tell you lease cost. I t would be cool to know the MF and Residual for the 2015 MDX same configs for a car that has ZERO.ZERO
    changes.
    Attached is the TMV config

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    edited June 2014

@nring said:
    # LOOKING FOR MF & Residual for 2014 MDX SH-AWD with Technology and Entertainment Packages

location-Yardley, PA 19067 we have 9% sales tax

1.-Residual and MF for 36 and 48 mo lease for 10K miles

1. Residual and MF for 36 and 48 mo lease for 12K miles

3.It would be cool to know the MF and Residual for the 2015 MDX for 36 and 48mo lease witth 10K and 12 miles if that is out yet. Like to see the difference for th 2015 that has ZERO.ZERO changes then the 14.

• YES! THERE IS 100% no difference in the mdx 14 and 15. not one thing has changed. now is the time. i ahve 3 daughters and you cant beat the price for a cross over. we configured a 2014 MDX SH-AWD with Technology and Entertainment Packages- she needs nav and the single dvd. The advance is overkill. who cares about side sensor and some advanced cruise control. she never uses cruise control anyway.

She likes white diamond perl and white only comes in the darker Eucalyptus. until you see it it sounds terrible but very nice. so seating. is NOT captain seating. 3 rows. say seats 7 but really 6. meaning 2nd row bench middle no seat belt. The fact of the matter is for what my wife wants she should get a mini van BUT refuses. she is also coming out of a Nissan Armada Platinum 2011 V8 tricked out. the only option is the nissan Pathfinder but it is on record with major trans issues, bucking and it is loose suspension and it is very loud. The MDX is brillant, tight, and quite. a plus is my 7 year old can easily pull up the leaver and gain access to the 3rd row. the nissan pathfinder slides and difficult.

The #'s- MSRP is 54,460 including 895 destination. The TMV is 48,773, invoice is 47,654 here in the suburbs of Philadelphia. This includes No add ons. After you do the deal ask for ski rack and splash guards. looking at about 5600 below msrp. I know i can get that cap cost ie/ negotiated final sale price 1K less at 47,700 (so at invoice or dead cost) dont feel bad- manufacturer will give 3500 kick back to dealer.looking at lease. Residual for 36 mo lease is 57% and 48 mo is 46%. clearly the 48 mo residual is 11% less. the lower the residual the better- i have a 9% sales tax in PA. I just need the MF for 36 and 48 mo at 10K and 12K miles and i can tell you lease cost. I t would be cool to know the MF and Residual for the 2015 MDX same configs for a car that has ZERO.ZERO
    changes.
    Attached is the TMV config

2014 MDX AWD with Tech / Ent 36/12 - 58%. Add 1% for 10K.

48/12 residual is 48%.

MF is .00139 for both.

No numbers for 2015 MDX available yet

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67

I am looking at a used 2014 MDX. Its 1 year old, as it was sold in June of 2013. Was there a 1 year lease on these cars back then? Anyone know the residual on a 1 year lease?

Also would like to know why would someone trade this car in after a year. I'm thinking it was a 1 year lease..

• Options

@andremike said:
    I am looking at a used 2014 MDX. Its 1 year old, as it was sold in June of 2013. Was there a 1 year lease on these cars back then? Anyone know the residual on a 1 year lease?

Also would like to know why would someone trade this car in after a year. I'm thinking it was a 1 year lease..

I've not heard of a 12 month lease. It's possible someone bought it and had their circumstances change and they traded it in.

You can check CarFax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67

They bought it and traded it in at the same acura dealer.. carfax sais personal lease. I am also worried that if its an early model, maybe there are additional problems with it.

• Options

@andremike said:
    They bought it and traded it in at the same acura dealer.. carfax sais personal lease. I am also worried that if its an early model, maybe there are additional problems with it.

It's quite possible that the prior owner traded it in early - why, however, is the big question.

I'm not familiar with the MDX enough to know if there were teething issues with the new model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dfy8811dfy8811 Member Posts: 13

I am looking at leasing a 2014/2015 (told they should be arriving within the next 30 days at dealers in NY) Acura MDX SH AWD w/ Tech Package, Adv. Running Boards, and one of the Protection Packages. MSRP should run around 51K or so. Can someone help me in managing my expectations on what type of discount I could expect off the sticker and ballpark monthly payment? I'm looking to have taxes rolled into payment as well. I know a lot of variables but just looking for ballpark numbers. A friend of mine just leased a 2014 Range Rover Evoque with a 51K sticker, taxes rolled in and is only paying 550 month. Am I crazy to expect same type of discounting on the MDX?

• Options
    atos2012atos2012 Member Posts: 86

@Michaell Can you please provide with numbers for MDX base 36/12? Thanks

** Saved Money - Earned Money **

• Options

@atos2012 said:
    Michaell Can you please provide with numbers for MDX base 36/12? Thanks

.00139 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jda8jda8 Member Posts: 2

Would it be better to lease a 2014 MDX now or wait until 2015 are available. We got a monthly rate for 519 with 2K down with 15,000 miles. Thanks

• Options

I doubt the 2015 will be that cheap... at least, not for awhile.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nsp7nsp7 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014

@jda8 said:
    Would it be better to lease a 2014 MDX now or wait until 2015 are available. We got a monthly rate for 519 with 2K down with 15,000 miles. Thanks

What model was that quote for? Base/Tech? FWD or AWD?

• Options
    jda8jda8 Member Posts: 2

@nsp7 said:
    What model was that quote for? Base/Tech? FWD or AWD?

It was for the AWD Base model.

• Options
    docmridocmri Member Posts: 25

Hi...
    Can you please post (or repost...I apologize if I missed it) MF and RV for MDX with tech pkg and advanced pkg (with entertainment...i dont think it can be seperated) for 36/12 and 36/15 for both cars?
    THank very much!!

• Options

@docmri said:
    Hi...
    Can you please post (or repost...I apologize if I missed it) MF and RV for MDX with tech pkg and advanced pkg (with entertainment...i dont think it can be seperated) for 36/12 and 36/15 for both cars?
    THank very much!!

.00139 MF

AWD? Tech: 57% for 15K/yr. Adv/w/Ent: 55% for 15K/yr.

Add 2% for 12K/yr residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    docmridocmri Member Posts: 25

Thanks so much!!!...I never lease cars without checking this website or these forums.

BTW...it was for FWD....dont need the AWD here in Florida.... does that change the RV?

• Options

@docmri said:
    BTW...it was for FWD....dont need the AWD here in Florida.... does that change the RV?

Nope, residuals are the same for both FWD and AWD MDX

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    topper2013topper2013 Member Posts: 22

I just leased an MDX over the weekend and just realized something strange and disturbing that occurred. It involves the leasing company on the contract. I saw in the ads that the lease would be through Acura Financial (Honda Financial) and the sales man, when he had me contact my insurance co., also indicated that Honda Fin requires me to put them as the lien holder on my insurance binder. When I was signing the documents with the F&I guy, at the end of the process, he wanted me to call my insurance co on Monday (another story) and wrote the address of Hanna Trust (in Jamesburg, NJ) on a post-it saying that's who Honda uses or goes by for the insurance needs. Didn't think too much of it although, when I looked at the contract later (after my concerns reading Hanna's reviews) that Hanna's address was clearly noted in the lease agmt - which he could have pointed out clearly and circled on the lease agmt. For some reason, I decided to google Hanna Trust and came across some clearly negative reviews, onerous conditions, exorbitant fees at disposition, etc. I intend to call on Monday (1st business day after signing) to re-do the lease to go through Acura/Honda. I assume this should be ok. Do you think I will run into any problems or resistance? Should I look into getting my legal ready? Any advice? Also, is $450 disposition fee normal/standard? Can we have this waived?

Interestingly, the promissory note for the balance of my trade-in (which I signed with the rest of the documents) is the only document missing in the packet he handed me. He said that they mail the check in a week or so after processing the paperwork. Didn't think it was a big deal then - now, not quite so sure.

I would appreciate any advice you can provide ASAP as I need to address this matter on Monday morning. I will also follow-up with further details as how the issue is addressed and resolved. Thank you in advance.

• Options

@topper2013 said:
    I just leased an MDX over the weekend and just realized something strange and disturbing that occurred. It involves the leasing company on the contract. I saw in the ads that the lease would be through Acura Financial (Honda Financial) and the sales man, when he had me contact my insurance co., also indicated that Honda Fin requires me to put them as the lien holder on my insurance binder. When I was signing the documents with the F&I guy, at the end of the process, he wanted me to call my insurance co on Monday (another story) and wrote the address of Hanna Trust (in Jamesburg, NJ) on a post-it saying that's who Honda uses or goes by for the insurance needs. Didn't think too much of it although, when I looked at the contract later (after my concerns reading Hanna's reviews) that Hanna's address was clearly noted in the lease agmt - which he could have pointed out clearly and circled on the lease agmt. For some reason, I decided to google Hanna Trust and came across some clearly negative reviews, onerous conditions, exorbitant fees at disposition, etc. I intend to call on Monday (1st business day after signing) to re-do the lease to go through Acura/Honda. I assume this should be ok. Do you think I will run into any problems or resistance? Should I look into getting my legal ready? Any advice? Also, is $450 disposition fee normal/standard? Can we have this waived?

Interestingly, the promissory note for the balance of my trade-in (which I signed with the rest of the documents) is the only document missing in the packet he handed me. He said that they mail the check in a week or so after processing the paperwork. Didn't think it was a big deal then - now, not quite so sure.

I would appreciate any advice you can provide ASAP as I need to address this matter on Monday morning. I will also follow-up with further details as how the issue is addressed and resolved. Thank you in advance.

Have you signed all the documents, and, more importantly, taken delivery? If so, you may not have much recourse.

It certainly can't hurt to discuss this with the dealer, however. If they value the long term relationship, they might be willing to consider rewriting the contract.

The disposition fee is becoming more and more common - I have one on my Hyundai lease - and it's not negotiable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    musiclover408musiclover408 Member Posts: 10

Hi, newbie here. We are looking at leasing a '14 MDX AWD with tech pkg. the MSRP on it is $49,460. We are Costco members and they are saying my pre-arranged Costco discount off the MSRP is $2886. The only dealer added accessories are body side moldings and nitrogen filled tires and they are trying to get $489 for those! Big rip off and I don't want those "add ons".

So I would love some advice on how to negotiate the best deal. As I said we will be leasing and would like at least 12k miles per year. We are in Colorado. We have great credit so should be able to qualify for the best deals. The July 4th deals seem to be a built around the monthly price for 36 months and 10k miles.

I also don't really understand what MF is and how to negotiate the residual, etc.

Again any help/tips are very much appreciated! Thanks

• Options
    gq3856gq3856 Member Posts: 79

@musiclover408 said:

Hi, newbie here. We are looking at leasing a '14 MDX AWD with tech pkg. the MSRP on it is $49,460. We are Costco members and they are saying my pre-arranged Costco discount off the MSRP is $2886. The only dealer added accessories are body side moldings and nitrogen filled tires and they are trying to get $489 for those! Big rip off and I don't want those "add ons".

So I would love some advice on how to negotiate the best deal. As I said we will be leasing and would like at least 12k miles per year. We are in Colorado. We have great credit so should be able to qualify for the best deals. The July 4th deals seem to be a built around the monthly price for 36 months and 10k miles.

I also don't really understand what MF is and how to negotiate the residual, etc.

Again any help/tips are very much appreciated! Thanks

okay im not an expert but i will try and answer a few of your questions.

rv shouldn't have to be negotiated look around this forum and i am sure you will find your rv.
    MF or money factor is a number they give you to explain you finance rate apr.
    take the MF ie. .00155 and multiply it by 2400 and you get your apr or finance rate.
    .00155 X 2400 = 3.72
    hope this helped a litte

• Options

@gq3856 said:
    rv shouldn't have to be negotiated look around this forum and i am sure you will find your rv. MF or money factor is a number they give you to explain you finance rate apr.

take the MF ie. .00155 and multiply it by 2400 and you get your apr or finance rate. .00155 X 2400 = 3.72 hope this helped a little

I will add on to what was said above.

As noted, the residual is set by the finance company and cannot be modified. MF, however, can be inflated by the dealer for additional profit; you don't want to sign any deal where this is the case.

Base MF for the MDX this month is .00139 (3.34%). I don't have any residual values for the 2014 MDX; hopefully we'll get some more information in the next day or two.

However, I do have 2015 MDX residuals - AWD with tech for 36/10 is 64%

If I plug in the MF and residual above with your MSRP and negotiated selling price (as an example), I get a pre-tax payment of $523.17.

You might be able to negotiate a better selling price than what you can get via Costco - that will help reduce your monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Thanks for the help guys. I'm new to this leasing stuff and just don't want to get hosed and obviously want to get the best deal with lowest monthly payments.

Questions, since the MF is basically "interest rate" is that 3.34% you quoted the lowest interest rate with the best possible credit score? If so, what credit score is needed to get the lowest rate?

Since the residual value is set by the financing company, is it the same for each specific car model regardless of state you live in?

And lastly, the "special" that Acura is running that expires on 7/7 is all based around paying full MSRP and only 10K miles. Obviously this is not what I am looking for. I guess I just don't understand why people would take advantage of "specials" like this? What am I missing? I just don't want to miss anything or be forced to getting the car by tomorrow (7/7).

Thanks again for ALL your help!

• Options
    edited July 2014

@musiclover408 said:
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm new to this leasing stuff and just don't want to get hosed and obviously want to get the best deal with lowest monthly payments.

Questions, since the MF is basically "interest rate" is that 3.34% you quoted the lowest interest rate with the best possible credit score? If so, what credit score is needed to get the lowest rate?

Since the residual value is set by the financing company, is it the same for each specific car model regardless of state you live in?

And lastly, the "special" that Acura is running that expires on 7/7 is all based around paying full MSRP and only 10K miles. Obviously this is not what I am looking for. I guess I just don't understand why people would take advantage of "specials" like this? What am I missing? I just don't want to miss anything or be forced to getting the car by tomorrow (7/7).

Thanks again for ALL your help!

The money factors quoted are the base rates for highest tier credit. That is as low as you can go. Sometimes Acura will have regional rates that vary, but that almost never applies to residuals. They are set for each model and lease term, but are nationwide.

The lease specials are just ads. They aren't even actual lease offers (read the fine print). They are structured to show low payments. But, they use the same variables as the numbers we give. You can get a lease structured however you want, within the basic parameters.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Ok, so does anyone know if the MF is going up after the 7/7 "special" expires?

Thanks!

• Options

@musiclover408 said:
    Ok, so does anyone know if the MF is going up after the 7/7 "special" expires?

Thanks!

Nobody knows until we get the numbers, hopefully tomorrow.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.