Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,207

@tylerw49 said:
    So I have to ask.. am I being lied to by the dealer? I brought the numbers you provided to them and they said they get their numbers directly from Mazda and they do not stack up to what you guys are getting... MF is almost double (I have excellent credit) and the Residual is off by a few %. Thanks for your insight!

The bank allows dealers to mark-up the money factor for extra profit. I would assume that is what is happening, in your case. Our numbers come from Mazda, too. I'll check, but I'm pretty sure that we have no motivation to lie. :p

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 135

Hi

Do you have numbers 36 month 12k miles/year lease on Mazda3 S Touring hatchback in California?

Thank you!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@roadragee said:
    Hi

Do you have numbers 36 month 12k miles/year lease on Mazda3 S Touring hatchback in California?

Thank you!

58% and .00031

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    58% and .00031

Thanks! One for the Sedan as well pls?

.00014 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!

• axle451axle451 Member Posts: 2

Do you have the MF and residual #s in NC for a 2014 Mazda 3 iTouring HB? MSRP $21940, cap cost $20702, 3Yr/10k per

@axle451 said:
    Do you have the MF and residual #s in NC for a 2014 Mazda 3 iTouring HB? MSRP $21940, cap cost $20702, 3Yr/10k per

60% and .00064

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• tylerw49tylerw49 Member Posts: 11

What would the residual/MF be on a 2014 I touring Sedan? Do additions change these figures? Looking at adding the Tech package and Fog Lights/Interior lighting.. If they do change the residual/MF can you throw out the #s with and without the additions? Could you also provide the figures for the I Grand Touring Sedan with Fog Lights/Interior lighting?

Thank you very much!

@tylerw49 said:
    What would the residual/MF be on a 2014 I touring Sedan? Do additions change these figures? Looking at adding the Tech package and Fog Lights/Interior lighting.. If they do change the residual/MF can you throw out the #s with and without the additions? Could you also provide the figures for the I Grand Touring Sedan with Fog Lights/Interior lighting?

Thank you very much!

The only thing that changes the residual for Mazda is whether the car is a manual or automatic transmission; specific options or packages do not affect the residual.

I Touring Sedan AT - 60% for 36 months, 15K per year. .00050 MF

I Grand Touring Sedan AT - 58% for 36 months, 15K per year. Same MF

Add 1% for 12K, 2% for 10K

Deduct 5% for stick on Touring, and deduct 2% for stick on Grand Touring.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tylerw49tylerw49 Member Posts: 11

I appreciate the input! Any suggestions on how to go about getting the dealer to honor these figures? They continue to tell me that your figures are wrong and that they get theirs directly from Mazda... You all have no reason to lie while they get financial gain by marking up my costs... Is it possible to secure these numbers by calling Mazda/JP Morgan myself to initiate the lease, or do I just have to refuse to leave with the car unless they use the correct figures?

Thank you!!

@tylerw49 said:
    I appreciate the input! Any suggestions on how to go about getting the dealer to honor these figures? They continue to tell me that your figures are wrong and that they get theirs directly from Mazda... You all have no reason to lie while they get financial gain by marking up my costs... Is it possible to secure these numbers by calling Mazda/JP Morgan myself to initiate the lease, or do I just have to refuse to leave with the car unless they use the correct figures?

Thank you!!

It seems like it's time to contact another Mazda dealer.

You can certainly try to contact Mazda/JPMC directly to see what they have to say about the lease figures, but I'm not sure how far you'll get.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

You won't get anywhere calling the bank. The money factor is a negotiable number between the dealer and you, and no bank that has a working relationship with the dealer would disclose that information, and undercut their customer (the dealer)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ashasashas Member Posts: 2

Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2014 Mazda 3 i sv automatic and the quote I got from the dealer for a 36 Month lease:is MSRP: $18,790 Sale Price:$17,980 Down: $2500 Residual: 61% / $11,461.90
    Money Factor: 0.00013
    Base Payment: $155
    Total Payment including Tax: $168.56

It feels like a good deal to me, but this is the first I've ever done a lease and I would appreciate a 2nd opinion.

@ashas said:
    Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2014 Mazda 3 i sv automatic and the quote I got from the dealer for a 36 Month lease:is MSRP: $18,790 Sale Price:$17,980 Down: $2500 Residual: 61% / $11,461.90
    Money Factor: 0.00013
    Base Payment: $155
    Total Payment including Tax: $168.56

It feels like a good deal to me, but this is the first I've ever done a lease and I would appreciate a 2nd opinion.

What state is this? How does the $2500 break down? How many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ashasashas Member Posts: 2

California, 10k and It's like pulling teeth to get the breakdown, I said "down payment of 2500" but they seem to be rolling everything into it, first payment, Licence and Reg and I can't get the acquisition fee out them with pliers

• tuditudi Member Posts: 3

Does any one have residual/MF numbers on a 2014 I touring Sedan 10K 36MO in California? Much appreciated.

@tudi said:
    Does any one have residual/MF numbers on a 2014 I touring Sedan 10K 36MO in California? Much appreciated.

.00014 MF and 62% residual. Deduct 5% for manual transmission

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• presicepresice Member Posts: 2

Looking for residual/MF numbers on a 2014 S touring Hatchback, 12K 36 months. I'm a NY resident. If I get the car from a dealer in NJ, would they charge me the NY rate or NJ rate? Thanks in advance!

@presice said:
    Looking for residual/MF numbers on a 2014 S touring Hatchback, 12K 36 months. I'm a NY resident. If I get the car from a dealer in NJ, would they charge me the NY rate or NJ rate? Thanks in advance!

NJ and NY rates are the same - 57% and .00014

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bscott1204bscott1204 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014

Looking for residual and MF numbers on a 2014 Mazda 3 s Touring Hatchback. Looking at 24 months / 10k miles. Located in MA.

@bscott1204 said:
    Looking for residual and MF numbers on a 2014 Mazda 3 s Touring Hatchback. Looking at 24 months / 10k miles. Located in MA.

.00071 MF and 68% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ashah000ashah000 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    MF and residual on 2014 mazda 3 i sport sedan? Also on mazda 3 i touring sedan manual trans?

Thanks
  • ashah000ashah000 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Sorry forgot to add in Michigan and 12k lease

@ashah000 said:
    MF and residual on 2014 mazda 3 i sport sedan? Also on mazda 3 i touring sedan manual trans? Michigan and 12K miles.

Thanks

3i Sport 36/12 - 57% for manual, 62% for auto

3i Touring 36/12 - 56% for manual, 61% for auto

.00014 MF for all.

All the above numbers expire today; we hope to have new numbers for June as early as tomorrow.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• a3petera3peter Member Posts: 12

Hey,

Looking for some June leasing numbers on a Mazda 3 s GT Hatch for 36/12K in Maryland. Any current promotions or incentives from Mazda? Thanks!

@a3peter said:
    Hey,

Looking for some June leasing numbers on a Mazda 3 s GT Hatch for 36/12K in Maryland. Any current promotions or incentives from Mazda? Thanks!

.00064 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Zoder1Zoder1 Member Posts: 35

Looking for MF and residual on a Mazda 3 S Grand Touring sedan w/ tech package. 36/12k in Florida. Thank you.

@Zoder1 said:
    Looking for MF and residual on a Mazda 3 S Grand Touring sedan w/ tech package. 36/12k in Florida. Thank you.

.00014 MF and 57% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amalthea2amalthea2 Member Posts: 1

Looking for June leasing numbers on a Mazda3 S Grand Touring hatch for 36/12K in Massachusetts.

Thanks!

@amalthea2 said:
    Looking for June leasing numbers on a Mazda3 S Grand Touring hatch for 36/12K in Massachusetts.

Thanks!

.00031 MF and 58% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rolento76rolento76 Member Posts: 47

Looking for June leasing numbers on a 2014 Mazda3 i touring sedan with Tech and Moonroof for 36/12 in NJ. Much appreciated!

@rolento76 said:
    Looking for June leasing numbers on a 2014 Mazda3 i touring sedan with Tech and Moonroof for 36/12 in NJ. Much appreciated!

.00014 MF and 61% residual (automatic)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140

36m 12k rates on 2014 3s gt hatch? In PA thanks as always

@cnote2 said:
    36m 12k rates on 2014 3s gt hatch? In PA thanks as always

.00031 MF and 58% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00014 MF and 57% residual.

Please give me 2 more options.

Same car without the technology package.

S Grand Touring Sedan with tech package.

Thank you.

@Zoder1 said:
    Same car without the technology package.

S Grand Touring Sedan with tech package. 36/12 in Florida.

No change in MF or residual with or without tech package.

57% and .00014 for S Grand Touring sedan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. One last question.

Any change in the numbers if it's a 39 or 42 month lease? Same miles

@Zoder1 said:
    Thanks. One last question.

Any change in the numbers if it's a 39 or 42 month lease? Same miles

yes, residual drops 4 points for 42 months (2 points for 39 months) and MF increases to .00026 (39) or .00050 (42)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mankamanka Member Posts: 4

In NJ what would I pay monthly for 2014 mazda3 grand touring, I have a 2.5 Acura TL to trade-in with a value of $500-$100 for 24 months/15K miles per year. What is the MF and residual value. Are there 0 down payment deals going on?

forgot to add, I am looking at 5-door hatchback 2014 mazda3 grand touring for MF and RV, 24months/15k miles for per year

@manka said:
    In NJ what would I pay monthly for 2014 mazda3 grand touring, I have a 2.5 Acura TL to trade-in with a value of $500-$100 for 24 months/15K miles per year. What is the MF and residual value. Are there 0 down payment deals going on?

Sedan or hatch?

No special $0 down deals being offered, but you do want to make your initial out of pocket as small as possible - usually just the first payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I want a hatchback. I am fine with initial out of pocket of first payment. What would title+tax+ registeration add up to?

@manka said:
    @manka said: In NJ what would I pay monthly for 2014 mazda3 grand touring, I have a 2.5 Acura TL to trade-in with a value of $500-$100 for 24 months/15K miles per year. What is the MF and residual value. I want a hatchback. I am fine with initial out of pocket of first payment. What would title+tax+ registeration add up to?

66% residual and .00071 MF.

In NJ, the sum of all taxes due are collected up front by the state - you can either pay them up front or add them to the cap cost. As I don't live in NJ, I don't know what those numbers are.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• txjohnnytxjohnny Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2014

Can any help with me the current Texas residual % and MF for leasing a 2014 Mazda 3 hatch for 36 months with 10k miles per year and for 24 months with 10k miles per year:

i Sport

i Touring

I know Mazda USA is running a special this month in TX on the i Sport for $199 / month with 10k miles and $2.5k down, but I'm hoping to get a better deal negotiating.

Thanks in advance for any help.

@txjohnny said:
    Can any help with me the current Texas residual % and MF for leasing a 2014 Mazda 3 hatch for 36 months with 10k miles per year and for 24 months with 10k miles per year:

i Sport

i Touring

I know Mazda USA is running a special this month in TX on the i Sport for $199 / month with 10k miles and $2.5k down, but I'm hoping to get a better deal negotiating.

Thanks in advance for any help.

i Sport: .00101 MF and 68% residual. .00064 MF and 60% residual

i Touring: Same numbers.

Both assuming automatic transmission.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• txjohnnytxjohnny Member Posts: 19

Awesome, thanks!

• deniska1deniska1 Member Posts: 46

Please let me know what the MR and residual for Mazda 3 hatchback for 24months with 10K a year. I'm in NY and looking at S Grand Touring with navigation.

Thank You

@deniska1 said:
    Please let me know what the MR and residual for Mazda 3 hatchback for 24months with 10K a year. I'm in NY and looking at S Grand Touring with navigation.

Thank You

68% and .00071

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kjboydkjboyd Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2014

How about for an S GrandTouring Hatch in Sacramento California? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.