Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

'05 Honda Accord replacement mirror

cabriggscabriggs Member Posts: 32
edited May 2014 in Honda

Someone knocked the driver's side mirror off my '05 Accord EX-V6 sedan. It's powered but not heated. I checked the Honda eStore and the list price for a replacement is $243. I've seen some sites (dealers, I think) that have it for $170 (plus shipping).

I've also seen many aftermarket replacements, starting at $30 and going up. (Part of the reason they're cheap is that they're all black, whereas the Honda one has a "cap" that matches the car.) However, any that have reviews say that have real problems with vibrations at highway speeds. Most of my commute is highway, so this matters to me.

Can anyone recommend an replacement that's reasonably priced and doesn't have a vibration problem? Preferably one that includes a cap even if it's black. I have the old cap but some of the tabs broke so I'm not sure it will stay on.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Why don't you just try a used one?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

I'd look for a used one too. I got a new aftermarket one for my van a while back and it vibrates.

• cabriggscabriggs Member Posts: 32

Good idea. I'll see what I can find. Thanks.

• mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823

There are quite a few used Accord side view mirrors on the famous online auction web site. You may be able to find the correct color as well.

Mrbill

• cabriggscabriggs Member Posts: 32

I lucked into finding one at a local salvage yard. Thanks again.