Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241

@lklaas said:

Deciding between 4 cyl or V6. I tend to like the ride "quietness" of the V6. Mixed feelings if Navigation is worth the money.

The 4cyl is considerably more popular than the V6. The volume dealer near me has 270 Accord sedans in stock and only 42 are V6. Part of that demand I'm sure is that the V6 only comes in the higher end models so you obviously wipe out a lot of potential customers. But even if you look at resale values, the V6 loses a higher % over time. The V6 is much more powerful and comes with a regular (non-cvt) six speed auto which many performance oriented drivers prefer. Personally, my only reason for buying this type of car is to have something relatively cheap to pile on the miles....so fuel economy trumps performance.

• thevwuthevwu Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

Brian, what's going on? I emailed 27 dealers yesterday asking for information, and today I asked for quotes. The first three dealers that got back to me gave me quotes of 26.6k, 26.8k, and 27k for a Honda Accord EX-L V6 coupe without navigation. I was planning to buy at 26.5k in the first place, but should I try to go lower? It seriously threw me for a loop, I was expecting quotes in the low 28k- high 27k ranges to start off with. I'm in the Boston area. The ones that replied to me don't even have flex cash to give. Is there some sort of insane memorial day weekend holiday sale?

The 26.6k would be + $369 doc fee, $125 for registration, + 6.25% sales tax (1662.5) for
    28776.5 OTD.

The quotes are including destination charge, documentation fee has yet to be applied. I definitely want to go lower, and will be waiting for the other 10+ email quotes, but I want to know how low I should aim for. Also, should I still wait until the end of the month, or just buy this holiday weekend? The quotes given claim they expire the 26th, probably [non-permissible content removed] but would like some confirmation.

Also I'm interested in throwing in some accessories, mainly splash guards, decklid spoiler, all season floor mats, and window tinting. What would you recommend my course of action be for that?

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited May 2014

thevwu said:

Brian, what's going on? I emailed 27 dealers yesterday asking for information, and today I asked for quotes.

.............................................................................................................................................

Info and price quotes do not mean your buying that moment . Dealers send out numbers to feel you out. What seperates you from every other email info request? .......... Nothing.

Change you email approach and I bet you will buy a Accord quicker.

Once you recieve all your info you need to call or visit dealers with a target price to buy? Make sure you include the destanation charge into that price so there is no confusion between you and dealership.

Try this.......... email / call every dealerships Internet dept. tell each dealership you will buy your model Accord for xxx price that moment holding the sale with a credit card deposit. You will buy a car this way. This way tells every dealership if i could meet his price I have a sale. He is ready to buy. Tell every dealership you will finance the vehicle thru them if it helps net you a better price or meet your asking price.

Boston area= 1000 to 1500 below dealers invoice price on average. Getting a lower price may require better negotation skills and some luck with supply and demand.

At some point you need to call and speak directly to the internet manager or his team to buy this car. Emails go only so far..

There are 7 days left in this Month... Play the game and negotiate hard you will do good

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• anddo20anddo20 Member Posts: 2

I'm shopping around the dc area as well. So you were able to get $24,200, all fees included before taxes? What dealer did you end up at and what was your Out the Door price?

@llie19 said:
    just got back from the dealer. i know there had to be a surprise somewhere. i was charged an extra $200 proc fee on top of the sales price and before TTL. when i talked to the salesperson and the manager on the phone yesterday, i explicitly said $24000 is the full price that includes destination/freight and processing/documentation and all other fees, they said yes. today the salesperson said only destination is included and proc fee was not in the agreed price. he emphasized 15 times that this is a fee that every buyer has to pay, while i repeatedly responded that i am fully willing to pay this but you did not list it as a charge beside TTL. he kept saying everyone has to pay it, and i know i wouldn't be able to get to him. yesterday i tried to get them to send me an email of the OTD price breakdown, and they kept saying we have an oral agreement you can trust us. i should have known car sales people are not to be trusted by nature. had i walked out of the door right there he probably would have waived the $200, but i was too tired to get confrontational with him or take it to other dealers for a new round of bidding. so i ate up that cost.

i am also moving away from northern VA to FL in 2 weeks. i tried to have them do my FL tags and title, but the service charges was not worth it. i now have it registered and licensed at my VA address. i am worried that i will be sent the property tax bill (VA counties charge property tax on car ownership), how should i let them know that i am no longer in VA and should not pay property tax? does that mean i must get rid of my VA tags? thanks a lot.

• rock48rock48 Member Posts: 1

Brian, nice work on the advice, suggestions, etc. on this board. We live in the Long Beach, CA and are looking to purchase a 2014 Honda Accord EXL 4 cyl. w/Nav. We will finance the car to get the best price, then pay it off in less than 1 year. There are many Honda dealers in the greater Los Angeles area…with Norm Reeves Cerritos being one of the biggest. If you would be so kind, can you help with answers/suggestions on the following:

1) Do you have 3 dealer recommendations that you suggest I work with/try to negotiate the best price with? I will travel if you think it will net a much better price.
    2) For this greater Los Angeles area, what is the best price I should be looking (price w/ everything included except Tax, Title & License) for an 2014 EXL w/Nav?
    3) If I can’t get a deal done by the end of May, is it worth waiting until the end of June to get a better price from the dealer? Is the savings that much?

I plan to work the three dealers I target through their Internet Sales Manager…via calling them.

Any other suggestions you may have would be much appreciated. Thank you for helping all of us on the board!

If others wish to offer advice, that would be great too! Thank you!

• diva89diva89 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Brian125 - I'm looking to purchase a 2013 Honda accord exl v6 with navi. Currently located in the Rhode Island/ boston area. What's a good target price? Current dealer is listing car at MSRP 32,357.

Also, I did receive a quote for a '13 Honda accord exl I4 with navi (dealer demo) for 26,487 and out the door price of 28,613 without flex cash but including destination charge. Isn't this a bit high for a late model car?

What should be my target price if I want an i4 or an v6.. Please help.
    edited May 2014

rock48

Here are my 3 C.A. Honda dealerships that i know members have done very well around the LA area. Norm Reeves, Galpin and Goudy honda near San Gabriel.

I had a email last month from a member thanking me with his purchase at Lancaster honda for 1750 below invoice price. This was a lx model and he did get flex cash of 500 to get him to his number. Lancaster might be worth a call.

Your savings from May to June might only be a few hundred. Shoot for a end of May sale. If May does not pan out then keep negotiating thru June with your targeted dealerships wrapping up your best price at months end. If you are a savvy buyer and know a certain dealership has 15 to 20 plus of your model on there lots would put you in command with getting that knock out price. Thats the dealerships you will make a great deal with. I find going to and checking out a few dealerships inventory before calling each one puts me at a advantage with price.

NEW BUYERS....... MOST Dealers have no more flex cash of 500.

What this means is.............. Every honda dealership has to go into his profit margin to meet those good prices we were seeing the last couple of months 1600/1700/1900 below invoice price. Alot of dealerships will not come close to this price right now. .... Honda corp is not giving there dealerships that extra cash right now.

So how you buy til flex cash resumes is important.

Get many dealerships involved in the price wars, have a high and low target price to buy. When you send out your emails/ calls you should be ready to buy that moment. Know your area's price range, hold out til the end of the month trying to get your target price. look for high volume stores in your area they tend to sell cheaper. When you negotiate with dealerships be firm and direct. dont play stupid tell each dealership meet my price i buy today. Walk away from dealerships that lie, or cant give you a straight answer.

Any dealership who does not know his prices to sell a vehicle to you or wont give a staright answer gets axed off your list. When you ask the dealers for a sale at xxx price its either yes or no. The only other answer is Mr Brian i cant meet your price of xxx but i can sell you said vehicle for x price. Think it over thats the best we at x honda could do.

• fuenfer1fuenfer1 Member Posts: 4

I have a quote from a Maryland dealer for an EX-L V6 (non-nav) for $26,435 with an OTD of $28,512 (Maryland tax/registration). They are saying, however, that if I take the 1.9% financing, the price will rise by $500 - I thought financing usually meant add'l dealer profit and therefore a lower price, so am wondering about this. Thanks!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    edited May 2014

It's possible that there is an either/or .. $500 dealer cash or 1.9% financing.. If you got a quote based on paying cash, and then asked for a special finance rate, it could actually cost the dealership more..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I checked.. the $500 dealer finance cash is not compatible with the low APR financing..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2014

@diva89 said:
    Brian125 - I'm looking to purchase a 2013 Honda accord exl v6 with navi. Currently located in the Rhode Island/ boston area. What's a good target price? Current dealer is listing car at MSRP 32,357.

Also, I did receive a quote for a '13 Honda accord exl I4 with navi (dealer demo) for 26,487 and out the door price of 28,613 without flex cash but including destination charge. Isn't this a bit high for a late model car?

Your target price should be the same for what ever model your shooting for. You may need to travel over to one of the Boston honda dealers to make a better deal. I know of nobody who got deals like we seen in Boston over in R.I.... most members have traveled into Boston to buy.

My advice:

Try every dealer in R.I. first before considering Boston. Read my posts then send out Emails/ calls to each Internet sales manager or his team . You have nothing to lose. The day you are calling each dealership you put each dealership on the spot for the sale that moment. If 5 dealers tell you no to your asking price... your next question to each is How close can you get to my number for the sale today??. Let each dealer commit to some kind of price or AX them off your list. Remember your buying that moment and holding with a credit card deposit to show your serious.

Any dealer that cant say Ms diva I will do 800 below invoice price not x is honest and thats how you get thru this process real quick. Thank dealer then tell him your number is what closes the deal today leave your number then move on to the next dealership. Once you call all your targeted dealerships you have some kind of price range for R.I or you have closed the deal. Know you sit back and wait a day or two if deal is not struck.. Dealers that want the sale will reconsider if they want the sale. As it gets closer to the last days of any month dealerships see there sales numbers and may have to consider selling cheaper to make there Monthly quotas. If you have to re-call dealerships at the end of the month offer your price again for the sale that day again or lower it a few dollars to close deal. This process is like a game of poker.. Never tip your hand to the dealer til you have to . Thats at the very end of the month last day if need be. Most folks always give in before the dealer.. I never do........ i'll wait til the last day and make dealer show his cards. I usually win with getting my price.

For R.I. send out emails that you will buy your choice Accord, will finance thru there dealership and buy immediately for 1200 below invoice. Put that in every email . This will start the negotiation process. Doc fee's in R.I. are 200 +. So if you could strike a deal with a local dealer thats about 1k below dealers invoice to buy closer to your house. I would consider any number close to that target price. you may find getting your asking price impossible so then you need to reconsider. do i lower my asking price in R.i or do the same approach in boston. Have far you want to play this game to save extra $$$ is your choice.

Boston dealers that folks have done well are Herb chambers, Weymouth, Honda cars of boston, Bosch to name a few. Re read post for other dealerships and postings.

• wandlwandl Member Posts: 40

are you sure you are looking at a 2013??

@diva89 said:

• wandlwandl Member Posts: 40

I considered the exact same scenario, I was tempted with a V6 but note it does come with a standard non-cvt transmission as well as lower fuel mileage (though on paper, not by too much). Drove a V6 and for my driving, didn't see any significant impact or changes so I stuck with a 4 cylinder...

They do lose more in resale value (unless you're not planning to get rid of it anytime soon) but the price differences now isn't too much (~$1.2k more than a 4 cyl EX-L)

@sebring95 said:
    The 4cyl is considerably more popular than the V6. The volume dealer near me has 270 Accord sedans in stock and only 42 are V6. Part of that demand I'm sure is that the V6 only comes in the higher end models so you obviously wipe out a lot of potential customers. But even if you look at resale values, the V6 loses a higher % over time. The V6 is much more powerful and comes with a regular (non-cvt) six speed auto which many performance oriented drivers prefer. Personally, my only reason for buying this type of car is to have something relatively cheap to pile on the miles....so fuel economy trumps performance.

• diva89diva89 Member Posts: 2
    Wandl - yes all the vehicles I have emailed out are for 2013 exl. I didn't think the sales pricing would still be 26k. Jut received another quote from a dealer in NH for '13 exl v6 with navi of 26,970 without fees. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Lol. Thanks so much Brian for your response. I've actually been emailing dealers in NH and Mass. RI dealers do not have any more new '13 accords.

Buy a 2014

• iamjasoniamjason Member Posts: 16

Hi guys i am in the market for either a accord sport or EX-L with nav, Any recommendation of dealers on the philly area ? also what price should i target.

Thank you

• theclutchtheclutch Member Posts: 21
    Also looking for ex-l with nav in so cal area, anyone know which dealer offers the most competitive price? From reading a lot of the recent post, looks like 25k is the Bottom for this model?
    Thx all!
  • cchiu89cchiu89 Member Posts: 1

Hello, I'm looking at a Honda EX-L V6 with or without Nav...the dealership quoted me $26900 on the one without the Nav. Is that a fair price? how much lower can I go?

• thevwuthevwu Member Posts: 2

@cchiu89 said:
    Hello, I'm looking at a Honda EX-L V6 with or without Nav...the dealership quoted me $26900 on the one without the Nav. Is that a fair price? how much lower can I go?

I went as low as 26.6k, which is what I bought at. A 2014 model.

• bigt14bigt14 Member Posts: 1

If anyone looking for pricing info on an EX-L in SF area, just bought one without financing: $25,387 plus $384 for registration/doc fees & 8.75% SF sales tax for total cost of $28,000. Am happy with the deal, thought price was fair and was hassle-free.

• grover22grover22 Member Posts: 1

Another Northern Virginia buyer here. Have been lurking since back in the winter. Thanks to Brian and all of the other posters in this thread for extremely valuable guidance. Prices seem to have come down over the last month, so I decided that this weekend was the right time to pull the trigger on a 2014 EX-L 4-cyl no nav:

Purchase Price: $24,040 (inclusive of $790 destination and also including accessories -- dealer installed pro pack of trunk tray, door guards, wheel locks -- dealer list price for this package was $399 but I disregarded it for purposes of comparing offers since I was not interested in any accessories; they claimed the $399 was their cost from the manufacturer, but I am sure it is considerably less).

Documentation Fee: $599 (high end of the range for dealers in this area)

TTL: $1,105

OTD Price: $25,745

So total price before TTL was $24,640, which is right at $2,000 below invoice for this model (inclusive of the destination charge). This seemed to be in line with the better deals I've seen on this forum for the Virginia/Maryland/DC market.

I ended up purchasing from Joyce Koons Honda in Manassas, VA. Connected with them through the PenFed Car Buying Service (same deal quoted by @Anddo20 earlier in the thread -- $24,109, but after fees, etc. that equated to an OTD price of just under $26k). I then emailed a half dozen dealers in the area. Those who responded with quotes were all in the OTD range of $25.8k to $26.2k, and I was able to use the lowest to get Koons to match and slightly beat, including the accessories. All negotiating, from initial emails to final purchase, was done over the course of the weekend.

Dealer said they did not have any Flex Cash and had not had any since early in the month, but one of the competing offers did offer a $500 incentive for financing through Honda, which Koons matched. Did the 0.9% APR deal for 60 months through Honda Finance.

I was able to short circuit any pressure to buy an extended warranty by getting an online HondaCare quote from the Honda dealers whose links are provided in this thread and in the other Honda forums. No way the dealer was going to be able to come close (it was $1.5k for 7 yr/100k miles with $100 deductible from the dealer, compared to $1k for 8 yr/100k with no deductible from the online quote). Even if you don't end up purchasing the extended warranty, I would strongly recommend at least getting the quote for leverage in fending off the sell job at the dealer).

In the end, even though this seemed to be a really good deal based on the experiences described in this thread, I think there may have been even a little more room to push, but probably no more than a couple of hundred bucks. There seemed to be lots of really good deals to be had over Memorial Day weekend, and with this being the last week of the month (and approaching the end of the model year), dealers seem quite motivated to move 2014s right now. At some point, though, the perfect becomes the enemy of the good....

Thanks again to all of you from this brand new member of the Honda club!

• lklaaslklaas Member Posts: 2

Hi - hope to purchase 2014 EX-L V6/w Nav by the end of the week.. I have collected a few prices and hope to fall at 31,000. OTD. . Is this a good price? (quotes range from 27,500 - 28, 600 - without destination" Also, I was told if I took the honda financing they would increase the price by $500.00. Is this true? Would love to get 0.9 APR for 48 months.... Thoughts...

edited May 2014

Iklass,

Invoice price on your model is 30,161 w dest/ charge. 1500 + below dealers invoice price makes a good deal.
    Negotiate right til months end for the best posible deal..

• theclutchtheclutch Member Posts: 21

does this include nav?

@bigt14 said:
    If anyone looking for pricing info on an EX-L in SF area, just bought one without financing: $25,387 plus $384 for registration/doc fees & 8.75% SF sales tax for total cost of $28,000. Am happy with the deal, thought price was fair and was hassle-free.

• idigggidiggg Member Posts: 7

Thanks to Brian and all the other posters for the awesome information on this thread. My search for 2014 Ex-L is still going on. I am in the Charlotte area and getting quotes around 25,500 before TTL. Dealers in the area have doc fee between 499 to 650.

I am still waiting to see if any one can come down to 24,500 or better on the price. Looks like NC prices are higher compared to VA. I have an old car to trade in so I am trying to buy local so that I don't have to drive the old clunker 400 miles..

Does any one have better pricing in the Charlotte/NC area? I have seen someone on a different forum post 24,900 in the Raleigh area.

Thanks for all the inputs and help.

• vision3e8vision3e8 Member Posts: 6

Hello,

Once I have established a deal by email with an agreed upon price out the door and sight unseen trade in value, what should I ask for to prevent the deal from changing once I get to the dealership?

Try to get the Internet dept mgr. to give you the vehicle breakdown via email.// or speak directly to him about price before you go to dealership.. You will find alot of the floor salesman lying to you about price / leaving something out of the deal etc.

I wish I had a nickel everytime someone posted in these forums how the sales guy lied about the numbers after getting to the dealership.. good luck

edited May 2014

So here's the deal I'm about the pull the trigger on

2014 Accord sport CVT

21700 out the door (no incentives, no rebates) with a 22000 trade in (so no tax in MD)

Trying to negotiate down to 21500 as we speak..

• davep21davep21 Member Posts: 1

Been following this thread for a while now and wanted to thank everyone for there buying experiences, it has really helped me in my buying process.

So I have been offered for a 2014 accord EX-L w Navi in the Chicagoland area--$25518 price before TTL and an out the door price of $28652. From reading others' experiences this sounds like a fair deal, however I think that I can go down further given the end of the month. How hard should I push and assuming that the out the door price holds, would it be a good deal for me to take as is? Thanks in advance!

edited May 2014

Success! 21500!

So Brian, here's what was said in the final email exchange from the internet sales manager.

"
    Talk to managers they will do the $10,076 sight unseen for your trade and on the road until 5/31.
    "

that's 21500 for the car - 22000 for the trade + 10576 existing lien amount

should i ask for anything more formal or is this good enough? It's a bit of a commute out to the dealership, and I have a home bound wife and 2week old newborn I don't like to leave for too long :)

Make the deal if you feel your trade in on the BMW is fair. How much are you losing on this trade back? what was the dealers selling price of the new vehicle. exclude Taxes, Dmv and doc fee charges.

edited May 2014

21500 -790 destination - 275 Maryland fees - 200 doc fee = 20235

The trade is above KBB and nada so yea, pretty happy with it.

• idigggidiggg Member Posts: 7

I finally pulled the trigger on the EX-L. one of the dealers offered 24,500 before TTL and gave a fair value for my trade in. Got the OTD to where I wanted.

The EX-L (no Navi) has the propack (Trunk tray, mud guard, wheel locks), tinted windows.

24,500 + TTL 808 + Doc fee 549 - tradein 1500 = OTD 24357.

I may have made a hasty decision in buying the Extended warranty (7Yr/60Kmile) for 900 after an hour of haggling down from 1400. The coverage looked good and had 24Hr road assistance etc. I need something for buyers remorse :)

Overall I am happy with the deal. Sales person was surprised that the manager approved the price. I told him my online peers will hold me accountable if I don't get good numbers and report back :)

edited May 2014

idiggg,

Good job on your purchase . Please post the State and name of the dealership so others can try for a simular deal.

Your warranty was purchased at a very good price. Most dealers will not sell that 7/60k for 900 dollars...................... Please post dealers name for us.. Enjoy your new ride

There are 3 dealers that will sell that same warranty between 800 and 900 dollars . You can Compare online prices between all of them.. You might be able to knock a few more dollars off there online price depending on what plan you take. If you just bought a expensive service plan cancel it and buy from one of the below dealers.

1- hyannishondacare.com

2- saccuccihondacare.com

3- curryhondacare.com.............. they will match above 2 dealers prices.

• hanlanhanlan Member Posts: 7

Anyone have recommendations/prices for a Northern NJ dealer for an EX-L with Nav?

• raf139raf139 Member Posts: 15

Anyone able to shed information on dealer alotments? Looking for a Accord Coupe V6 6sp with nav. Black Or Grey. According to the dealer there are only 3-4 in the state of Florida. Is it better to wait until 15's to come out. They could get one of them for me. I prefer to have it shipped instead driven. What ballpark cost could be involved with shipping a vehicle? What's the invoice price for one of these?

• soccertacksoccertack Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm in Maryland, and
    I'm looking for EX-L w/o Navi.
    I wanna share my homework #1.

I checked the doc fee from Criswell, Bel air, Anderson, Heritage, Pohanka,
    and it was around $200. ($196~$200),
    and there is no flex cash available now.
    After checking 5 dealerships, I guess it might be almost the same for every shops.
    I got 10 quotes using edmunds, and the best one is 23,962 including freight fee until now.

I guess it's time to take step 2.. :)

Is there somebody in a similar situation in MD?

edited May 2014

@raf139 said:
    Anyone able to shed information on dealer alotments? Looking for a Accord Coupe V6 6sp with nav. Black Or Grey. According to the dealer there are only 3-4 in the state of Florida. Is it better to wait until 15's to come out. They could get one of them for me. I prefer to have it shipped instead driven. What ballpark cost could be involved with shipping a vehicle? What's the invoice price for one of these?

There are several companies that will flat bed your vehicle to you. If the selling dealership cant provide one for you then read up / google the reviews from the online haulers. pick one with good feedback reviews.. You would want to buy your vehicle from a dealer in MD, DC, VA. GA. and have it shipped to you. Best prices are comming out of MD and VA right now.

Pricing should be 500 to 800 dollars depending on the transporting location. Nationwide auto will transport a Honda accord from MD to Miami for $695 to give you a idea on pricing............... below are some more haulers.

A1 Auto Transport | Reliable Car Shipping & Transport Services
    www.a1autotransport.com/ - Similar to A1 Auto Transport | Reliable Car Shipping & Transport Services
    1-800-452-2880 A-1 Auto Transport: Reliable Coast to Coast,International & Door to Door Services For Over 25 Years.INSTANT Low Priced Car Shipping ...

www.transportreviews.com/ - Similar to Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport ...
    Auto Transport and Car Shipping Services
    allvehicletransporters.com/ - Similar to Auto Transport and Car Shipping Services
    All Vehicle Transporters has been transporting goods and vehicles to every city in the country and overseas for three generations - providing transportation for ...

Nationwide Auto Transport | Vehicle Transport Service | ...
    www.weshipyourcar.com/ - Similar to Nationwide Auto Transport | Vehicle Transport Service | ...
    Nationwide Auto Transport can help you with all of your vehicle transport needs. Call a Car Transporter Specialist at 800-689-6498 for a free auto transport ...

Cargo Auto Transport Service | Reliable Car Transporters ...
    www.cargoautotransport.com/ - Similar to Cargo Auto Transport Service | Reliable Car Transporters ...
    Feb 10, 2013 ... Our rates are among the most competitive of all reputable vehicle transporters. Established in 1979, our customer service is one of the best in ..

Dependable Auto Shippers: Auto Transport Company | DAS
    www.dasautoshippers.com/ - Similar to Dependable Auto Shippers: Auto Transport Company | DAS
    Leading Auto Transport and Car Shipping Company. Call 888-817-6203 for your car, auto,

@hanlan said:
    Anyone have recommendations/prices for a Northern NJ dealer for an EX-L with Nav?

Try joyce honda.. they seem to be hit or miss depending on there inventory.

• cmcwccmcwc Member Posts: 2

I have been offered for a 2014 accord LX in the Atlanta area-$19250 price before TTL and an out the door price of $21185. No option included. Is this a good deal?

yes its a good price make the deal

• cmcwccmcwc Member Posts: 2

Thanks Brian. Can I know how much is the quoted price below Invoice? How to calculate?

edited May 2014

cmcwc, here is your breakdown

Lx model invoice w destanation charge = 21,619 - 19,250

Your at $2369 below invoice price.. Minus off that dealers doc fee charge and that is your true buying number. A excellent price for a LX model this time of the year

I'm going to assume doc's are 599 or 699.......................... correct ?

• sanggunsanggun Member Posts: 1

hi brian and guys. i'm in the market for a 2014 accord sport cvt and located in NYC. just wondering what OTD prices everyone has been getting in the tri-state area, thanks.

edited May 2014

800 to 1300 below dealers invoice on most models. Coupe models falls into the supply and demand category.

edited May 2014

Done and done

Purchased a 2014 accord sport /w splash guard, wheel locks, trunk liner

for 21500 before tax with no rebates, incentives, or flex cash (includes doc fee, maryland fees, destination charge)

dealer: Bel Air Honda, MD

Internet sales rep: Ashleigh Williams

Sales rep: David Testani?

good job.............. vision3e8

• carperson77carperson77 Member Posts: 1

got this quote today in New Jersey.on an LX. 20899 +7% tax+245 tags+298 doc fee. No flex cash, but the dealer only will give this price if financed through another bank, Not Honda Finance. Said something about the dealer being paid $500 if they DON"T use Honda Finance??? or if I do a 'Cash deal'. He also said that using another bank is the same as a cash deal to them in that the dealer still qualifies for the $500 back. Please explain.

@carperson77 said:
    got this quote today in New Jersey.on an LX. 20899 +7% tax+245 tags+298 doc fee. No flex cash, but the dealer only will give this price if financed through another bank, Not Honda Finance. Said something about the dealer being paid $500 if they DON"T use Honda Finance??? or if I do a 'Cash deal'. He also said that using another bank is the same as a cash deal to them in that the dealer still qualifies for the $500 back. Please explain.

Honda is offering 0.9% - 1.9% financing on Accords. That's a money loser. They give the dealer $500 if the buyer doesn't use that financing..

So... it's cheap financing or $500.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2014

@carperson77 said:

If dealer can beat your best rate with ever bank he wants to use then consider financing vehicle thru dealer. I would make sure there is no penalty or added interest if you pay loan off earlier. I financed my Accord last year and honda was using Chase bank at 1.9% which in return gave the dealer his kick back and in return the dealer met my price. Circle of life. Penn Fed credit union has the lowest car rates in the country check out there site maybe you want to apply for a loan. By doing this first you make the dealer match or beat your best rate.. Non military there is a 25 dollar joining fee.

As far as your lx deal. dealer is selling you this vehicle for only 720 below invoice then taking back 298 for his doc fee charge. This is a terrible deal for end of may. 1200 to 1300 below your models invoice price is what your target price should be in NJ/ NY for today to buy. Be firm on your target price and you will buy a lx model today.

Call..... Int/ mgr............ George at .........Auto-Sport in bridgewater, N.J. Im sure he will easily save you another 500 if your buying today........................... Tell him I sent you. ..............good luck