Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• jlmlkljlmlkl Member Posts: 7
    Thanks. No activity for quite a while in the Honda pilot prices paid forum so just trying to get feedback wherever possible.

So yes, I've decided to finance vs lease.
  • vrsantanavrsantana Member Posts: 4

I'm in the process of working out a lease on a 2014 Pilot EX L 2WD. My question is about the "Flex cash" Honda has now for these leases. I read that it's $2500. Would I want to negotiate a good price and then subtract that cash as well as any money down I'm bringing to the table?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@vrsantana said:
    I'm in the process of working out a lease on a 2014 Pilot EX L 2WD. My question is about the "Flex cash" Honda has now for these leases. I read that it's $2500. Would I want to negotiate a good price and then subtract that cash as well as any money down I'm bringing to the table?

I'm showing lease cash of $1500 for the Pilot EX-L.

Yes, negotiate your best deal, then have the dealer subtract out the $1500.

Not usually a good idea to put money down on a lease .. if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    Not usually a good idea to put money down on a lease .. if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

The other part of my situation is that I'm trading a vehicle that I have about $3000-$4000 in negative equity. My plan is to be out of that disaster in that old vehicle within 36 months at the end of this lease. I'm just trying to offset some of the that with my money down, otherwise, I completely agree. Thanks for your info. I appreciate it!

@vrsantana said:
    The other part of my situation is that I'm trading a vehicle that I have about $3000-$4000 in negative equity. My plan is to be out of that disaster in that old vehicle within 36 months at the end of this lease. I'm just trying to offset some of the that with my money down, otherwise, I completely agree. Thanks for your info. I appreciate it!

Best of luck .. please come back and share with us your final deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• caltmancaltman Member Posts: 240

Hello,

I'm negotiating a lease deal for my sister on a 2014 Pilot EX-L. I also got quoted a MF of 0.00109. Is this the MF buy rate from Honda, or is this the MF with the acceptable 0.0004 dealer markup so the buy rate is actually 0.00069?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

@caltman said:
    Hello,

I'm negotiating a lease deal for my sister on a 2014 Pilot EX-L. I also got quoted a MF of 0.00109. Is this the MF buy rate from Honda, or is this the MF with the acceptable 0.0004 dealer markup so the buy rate is actually 0.00069?

.00109 is the base MF for the Pilot in Region A.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• caltmancaltman Member Posts: 240
    edited April 2014

Thx kyfdx! The salesperson actually said they aren't not allowed to mark up the MF at Honda dealerships. Didn't know that. Both Mercedes and BMW have tried to jack them up on me in the past so I just assumed Honda could too.

I was looking at, and got one of those Truecar low price certificates to take to the dealer when I go tomorrow that guarantees me a price of $32,234 for a 2WD 2014 Pilot EX L. Has anyone done this before? Is this a good price? In my opinion it is. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks!

• swiggerswigger Member Posts: 1

Can you please tell me the April money factor & residual on the 2014 Pilot EX 4WD & EX-L 4WD, 12k/year, 36 month lease? Thanks in advance!

• lbr2lbr2 Member Posts: 2

I am interested in a 36-month, 12K/yr lease for the 2014 Honda Pilot EX-L SUV FWD. Can you please provide the residual and money factor?

Thanks!

@swigger said:
    Can you please tell me the April money factor & residual on the 2014 Pilot EX 4WD & EX-L 4WD, 12k/year, 36 month lease? Thanks in advance!

.00109 MF and 58% residual for the EX. $750 lease cash.

.00109 MF and 56% residual for the EX-L. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@lbr2 said:
    I am interested in a 36-month, 12K/yr lease for the 2014 Honda Pilot EX-L SUV FWD. Can you please provide the residual and money factor?

Thanks!

.00109 MF and 58% residual. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stylinhondastylinhonda Member Posts: 52

Any info on the Touring Edition for 2014 right now? Lowest mileage lease?

@stylinhonda said:
    Any info on the Touring Edition for 2014 right now? Lowest mileage lease?

.00109 MF and 52% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. for AWD. 54% for FWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jpb302jpb302 Member Posts: 2

Hi, looking to lease 2014 EX-L. Can anyone provide the money factor and residual for 15K/year lease for 36 mo and if the is any customer/dealer cash? Thanks.

@jpb302 said:
    Hi, looking to lease 2014 EX-L. Can anyone provide the money factor and residual for 15K/year lease for 36 mo and if the is any customer/dealer cash? Thanks.

2WD - 56%

4WD - 54%

.00109 MF and $1500 lease cash for both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jpb302jpb302 Member Posts: 2

Thanks. Is the $1,500 dealer cash or customer cash?

@jpb302 said:
    Thanks. Is the $1,500 dealer cash or customer cash?

It's technically dealer cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So did the money factor go down on the 2014 EX 2WD lease? Last I checked it was .00109. I was going to go lease one this weekend, but if I can wait until there is a better money factor in anticipation of the 2015 model, then I would wait. Any news or info would help tremendously.

@vrsantana said:
    So did the money factor go down on the 2014 EX 2WD lease? Last I checked it was .00109. I was going to go lease one this weekend, but if I can wait until there is a better money factor in anticipation of the 2015 model, then I would wait. Any news or info would help tremendously.

There is no way to predict what will happen to MF and residuals from month to month. It is a gamble to wait for a better deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• scsimpsonscsimpson Member Posts: 2

I asked a Honda salesman about the $1500 lease bonus cash and he said it was only to offset any penalties for early termination of a previous lease if I wanted to get into another Honda lease before my current lease expired. It doesn't pass the smell test with me that they'd call it lease bonus cash if it was only for early termination of a previous lease? Seems to me it's cash they can use for multiple purposes including putting in their pockets if a prospective leasee didn't know about it?

@scsimpson said:
    I asked a Honda salesman about the $1500 lease bonus cash and he said it was only to offset any penalties for early termination of a previous lease if I wanted to get into another Honda lease before my current lease expired. It doesn't pass the smell test with me that they'd call it lease bonus cash if it was only for early termination of a previous lease? Seems to me it's cash they can use for multiple purposes including putting in their pockets if a prospective leasee didn't know about it?

I agree. Pilot has $750 lease cash for LX and EX trim levels, $1500 for EX-L and higher.

Time to talk to a different Honda dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• scsimpsonscsimpson Member Posts: 2

Is it common to negotiate the price for prepaid miles at signing? This will be my 5th lease and I'm looking at another 12K miles/year lease and it would be nice to have a few thousand extra miles to play with. The dealership says their prepaid miles on the Pilot EXL are $.20/mile making 3000 miles cost $600. Was wondering if its common to negotiate that price down by at least half?

The mileage charge is set by the leasing bank. There is no negotiation on that.

You can move up to 15K/yr for a 2% reduction in residual. On a $35K vehicle that adds a little less than $700 to your lease payment for an extra 9000 miles... If you want extra miles, I'd just ask for the 15K/yr lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pilotleasepilotlease Member Posts: 18

Hi all

I am interested in leasing a 2014 EX-L. The MSRP is $36k. The current honda lease offer is $309/month with $3500 down. Looking at the fine print; I see this

"MSRP $36,000.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $29,778.75. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $11,124.00. Option to purchase at lease end $20,520.00. "

I am confused about the 'net cap cost 29,778'. If I take the MSRP (36k) and subtract the $3500 down; I get $32,500. I still can't figure out where they got the $29,778 figure. Can someone explain this to me please?

@pilotlease said:
    Hi all

I am interested in leasing a 2014 EX-L. The MSRP is $36k. The current honda lease offer is $309/month with $3500 down. Looking at the fine print; I see this

"MSRP $36,000.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $29,778.75. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $11,124.00. Option to purchase at lease end $20,520.00. "

I am confused about the 'net cap cost 29,778'. If I take the MSRP (36k) and subtract the $3500 down; I get $32,500. I still can't figure out where they got the $29,778 figure. Can someone explain this to me please?

It's this part: Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment.

You wouldn't pay MSRP for a vehicle, right? In this case, the difference is $1500 in dealer lease cash from Honda, and an assumed dealer discount from MSRP of $1817 (+$595 for the acq.fee).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. That helps put things in perspective. Having said that, is this a good deal?

I'm interested in doing a zero down lease. What can I expect to get in terms of monthly payment for a 2wd ex-l

In your example above, without the $3500 down, the payment would be about $410/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

How much wiggle room do you think is there? What is a good 'going' rate for 2wd EX-L with zero down?

@pilotlease said:
    How much wiggle room do you think is there? What is a good 'going' rate for 2wd EX-L with zero down?

Invoice is about $3000 under MSRP. The lease example assumes a discount of $1817. I'd think there might be $1000-$1500 more room, but I haven't shopped a Pilot, so can't be sure.. Subtract about $28/mo. for every $1000 less in price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Awesome. Thanks a lot for your help!

Btw; what are the current residual/money factor rates for a 2014 FWD EX-L

@pilotlease said:
    Btw; what are the current residual/money factor rates for a 2014 FWD EX-L

.00103 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What about 12k miles?

@pilotlease said:
    What about 12k miles?

Add 2% to the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bspzbspz Member Posts: 35

What are current rates for 2014 AWD EX 12k/36? Are there still incentives and also can you give me the invoice please? Thanks!

@bspz said:
    What are current rates for 2014 AWD EX 12k/36? Are there still incentives and also can you give me the invoice please? Thanks!

57% and .00103. $750 lease cash.

You can find the current invoice price using the tools at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bspzbspz Member Posts: 35

That was quick! Thank you Michaell!

• raechris1raechris1 Member Posts: 8

What is current money factor and residual for EX-L AWD? Does it matter RES or NAV? Thanks in advance

@raechris1 said:
    What is current money factor and residual for EX-L AWD? Does it matter RES or NAV? Thanks in advance

MF is .00103 and $1500 lease cash for EX-L trim.

Residual does vary based on whether RES or NAV are included. What lease term and miles per year are you looking at?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• MRenanMRenan Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014

What is the current MF and residual for EX-L AWD with RES and without RES? And is the lease cash still available in Northern NJ? " My lease terms would be 36 mos and 12k/yr. Thank you so much for your help.

@MRenan said:
    What is the current MF and residual for EX-L AWD with RES and without RES? And is the lease cash still available in Northern NJ? " My lease terms would be 36 mos and 12k/yr. Thank you so much for your help.

without RES - 55%

Subtract 1% from residual for EX-L with RES

MF is .00103 with $1500 lease cash for both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• MRenanMRenan Member Posts: 2

So I got a quote of $445/mo (includes taxes and fees) for an EX-L AWD. MSRP is $37,600. Residual value would be $20,680. $1,000 out of pocket. Net cap cost is $32,983. The dealer would eat up the last payment on my current lease and also the $800 over mileage fee. The first month payment would also be included. Good deal?

• bizzycbizzyc Member Posts: 4

Just want to confirm some numbers to make sure they haven't changed or that I have good data. I'm in the Atlanta market.

EX-L FWD: 57% for 12K
    EX-L AWD: 55% for 12K
    EX-L AWD w/Nav: 54% for 12K

All have a MF of .001030

Thank you in advance!

@bizzyc said:
    Just want to confirm some numbers to make sure they haven't changed or that I have good data. I'm in the Atlanta market.

EX-L FWD: 57% for 12K
    EX-L AWD: 55% for 12K
    EX-L AWD w/Nav: 54% for 12K

All have a MF of .001030

Thank you in advance!

I'm assuming a 36 month term for all of the above ... first two are correct, EX-L AWD with Nav is 53%.

MF of .00103 is also correct. Also $1500 lease cash for all three.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bizzycbizzyc Member Posts: 4

@Michaell said:

Thanks Michaell - much appreciated!!

• raechris1raechris1 Member Posts: 8

@Michaell said:
    Straight EX-L, no NAV or RES. 12k/36mos

@raechris1 said:

EX-L 36/12 residual is 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nomad317nomad317 Member Posts: 111

Checking on MF/Residual/Lease cash for EX-L AWD 36mo/12k (or 10k if they offer it) in Indiana. Thank you in advance.

This discussion has been closed.