Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• turboatlturboatl Member Posts: 1

Wondering why it seems MFs are very high in Georgia - can you give me the MF and residual on a 2014 or 2015 Mazda 6 GT for a 12k lease? And to your knowledge with MFS do a "single-payment" lease or is that too exotic for them? Many thanks.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056

@turboatl said:
    Wondering why it seems MFs are very high in Georgia - can you give me the MF and residual on a 2014 or 2015 Mazda 6 GT for a 12k lease? And to your knowledge with MFS do a "single-payment" lease or is that too exotic for them? Many thanks.

You didn't specify the lease term, so I'll assume 36 months.

The residual value is 56%, while the MF is .0003 for tiers 1-3. These numbers are valid for about 60% of the states.

Not aware of Mazda allowing "single pay" leases - you may ask your dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• julianb2julianb2 Member Posts: 8

Newbie question since I am going to the dealership tomorrow:

You guys quoted me a very nice low MF of 0.00001 for a 2015 Mazda 6 GT/with Tech. Is that coming straight from Chase their bank?

Is there any way if I have good (750) credit they can raise that significantly in the deal?
    I will of course check the residual (55% on a 36month/15k) as well.

Trying to sleep tonight!

@julianb2 said:
    Newbie question since I am going to the dealership tomorrow:

You guys quoted me a very nice low MF of 0.00001 for a 2015 Mazda 6 GT/with Tech. Is that coming straight from Chase their bank?

Is there any way if I have good (750) credit they can raise that significantly in the deal?
    I will of course check the residual (55% on a 36month/15k) as well.

Trying to sleep tonight!

The numbers we quote are from Mazda, and Chase handles their financing.

Can the dealer raise the money factor? They can try - but you should be able to determine if they are if their calculations don't match yours.

Residual cannot be modified by the dealer.

Good luck, and come back to tell us how it went.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Residual cannot be modified by the dealer.

Good luck, and come back to tell us how it went

Well whew! Finance guy was a real A**! Started saying the 750 Mazda Loyalty lease credit didn't apply- only $500! You can imagine where it went from there! Ended up walking out his office!

Dealership Sales manager and the owner came chasing after us as my wife was throwing a fit. :s The owner had to personally walk us through and amend the paperwork as follows:

• MSRP 32970 2015 White Mazda 6GT w/ Tech
    • 36/ 15 K
    • Residual: 56% :smile:
    • Net Cap Cost: $30586 - including 595 Acquisition!
    • MF: 0.00002 - whatever! Finance guy was saying 0.0028!
    • Payment : $337.74 plus 6% Fl tax
    • ZERO DOWN:

They basically used the 750 rebate to cover 1st Month($358) Registration and misc fees

What do you think? Ok to use the rebate like that vs reducing the cap cost?

@julianb2 said:
    What do you think? Ok to use the rebate like that vs reducing the cap cost?

That's pretty common .. looks like a pretty good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Member Posts: 39
    Numbers for Florida please. Both the 10k and 12k miles per year for alao both 36 months and 48 months. Mazda6 Touring.

@kazuya_mishima said:
    Numbers for Florida please. Both the 10k and 12k miles per year for alao both 36 months and 48 months. Mazda6 Touring.

We haven't yet received the Florida numbers from Mazda .. hopefully soon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Please remember everyone shopping: NEGOTIATE your "selling price" down NOT your payment since that will be your Cap cost and all the rest follows...:)

Happy hunting!

• paulmaxxpaulmaxx Member Posts: 2

Hi.
    I am in NJ and going in tonight negotiate a lease for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring (automatic) 3years/36,000 miles. My credit scores are 772/748/776 so I believe that puts me into tier 1?
    1. Can you tell me the money factor and residual?
    2. Do add ons like the tech package affect the residual % or just the Capitol Cost?
    3. I may also want to try to get a leftover 2014 Touring if it would give me lower payments. Do you have the money factor and residual for the 2014 version? Is it even worth trying to find one?

Thanks in advance for the help!

@paulmaxx said:
    Hi.
    I am in NJ and going in tonight negotiate a lease for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring (automatic) 3years/36,000 miles. My credit scores are 772/748/776 so I believe that puts me into tier 1?
    1. Can you tell me the money factor and residual?
    2. Do add ons like the tech package affect the residual % or just the Capitol Cost?
    3. I may also want to try to get a leftover 2014 Touring if it would give me lower payments. Do you have the money factor and residual for the 2014 version? Is it even worth trying to find one?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sadly, we're still waiting for the Mazda numbers in NJ to get to us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• paulmaxxpaulmaxx Member Posts: 2

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    Sadly, we're still waiting for the Mazda numbers in NJ to get to us.

Any chance you have the numbers for PA?

I live right on the border and could use them so I at least have some sort of comparison.

@paulmaxx said:
    Any chance you have the numbers for PA?

I live right on the border and could use them so I at least have some sort of comparison.

Nope - Mazda breaks the country into two regions and PA is part of the region that we don't have numbers for.

(not that it matters, but CO - where I live - is also part of that select group)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PinkFloydFanPinkFloydFan Member Posts: 47

What is MF and residual on a 2015 mazda 6 sport automatic? 2014 as well if available. I live in orange county, CA....thanks in advance.

@tim_78 said:
    What is MF and residual on a 2015 mazda 6 sport automatic? 2014 as well if available. I live in orange county, CA....thanks in advance.

What lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PinkFloydFanPinkFloydFan Member Posts: 47

^^ Sorry, 3/36 k

@tim_78 said:
    What is MF and residual on a 2015 mazda 6 sport automatic? 2014 as well if available. I live in orange county, CA....thanks in advance. 3/36 k

2014 and 2015 - 58% and .00001

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• maximusrtcmaximusrtc Member Posts: 17

Can you please share MF & residual on a 2014 or 2015 mazda 6 GT auto? 36months, 12k/yr. thanks! I live in Ohio

@maximusrtc said:
    Can you please share MF & residual on a 2014 or 2015 mazda 6 GT auto? 36months, 12k/yr. thanks! I live in Ohio

2014 - 56% and .00001

2015 - 55% and .00001

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• amorgan1amorgan1 Member Posts: 1

Can you please share MF & residual on a 2014 or 2015 mazda 6 GT auto? 36months, 12k/yr. thanks! I live in Idaho.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@amorgan1 said:
    Can you please share MF & residual on a 2014 or 2015 mazda 6 GT auto? 36months, 12k/yr. thanks! I live in Idaho.

.00030 MF and 56% for 2014

.00031 MF and 55% for 2015

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kitbluekitblue Member Posts: 7

Hello!
    I would like to know MF and residual on a 2014 and 2015 Mazda6 GT with Tech package. Looking for 15,000/year for 3 years. I live in NJ. Thank you!

@kitblue said:
    Hello!
    I would like to know MF and residual on a 2014 and 2015 Mazda6 GT with Tech package. Looking for 15,000/year for 3 years. I live in NJ. Thank you!

.00001 MF and 55% for 2014

.00001 MF and 54% for 2015

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• colby04colby04 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    Can you proved the MF and residual for a 2015 Mazda 6 GT for AZ? 3yr/36K miles. Any lease incentives avail?

@colby04 said:
    Can you proved the MF and residual for a 2015 Mazda 6 GT for AZ? 3yr/36K miles. Any lease incentives avail?

.00031 MF and 55% residual. Use the "Car Research" tab above to search for incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jessmsimmonsjessmsimmons Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please provide MF and residual for 2015 mazda6 gt in Kansas? Appreciate it greatly!

@jessmsimmons said:
    Can someone please provide MF and residual for 2015 mazda6 gt in Kansas? Appreciate it greatly!

.00031 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140

Need MF and residuals for 2015 6 GT in PA, any lease cash or incentives as well? 36m/39m 12k please

@cnote2 said:
    Need MF and residuals for 2015 6 GT in PA, any lease cash or incentives as well? 36m/39m 12k please

.00001 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

.00012 MF and 56% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• colby04colby04 Member Posts: 4
    Are June money factor and residual values avail for '14 Touring 36 month - 12K/yr in AZ? Any difference in numbers for '14 vs '15?

@colby04 said:
    Are June money factor and residual values avail for '14 Touring 36 month - 12K/yr in AZ? Any difference in numbers for '14 vs '15?

.00030 MF and 57% residual. (automatic)

2015: .00029 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• inwesterinwester Member Posts: 24

Can you please share the money factor and residual values for '14 and/or '15 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for June (in NJ)?

Any one leased from New Jersey, what's a good deal and who's a good dealer? This would be the first time I'm leasing a car.

Thank you!

@inwester said:
    Can you please share the money factor and residual values for '14 and/or '15 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for June (in NJ)?

Any one leased from New Jersey, what's a good deal and who's a good dealer? This would be the first time I'm leasing a car.

Thank you!

What lease term? How many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

36 months, 12,000 or 15,000 miles/year.

@inwester said:
    36 months, 12,000 or 15,000 a year

Thank you!

2014 6 GT 36/15 - 55% and .00001. Add 1% for 12K

2015 6 GT 36/15 - 57% and .00001. Add 1% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you!!

Don't know the exact details on what parameters they've used, but over the phone I was offered a 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Tech package, 3 year 12,000 miles lease with no money down, for $300 a month (including taxes etc.). Payment on delivery would be $2,300 + first month so roughly $2,600. Sounds like a good deal?

@inwester said:
    Don't know the exact details on what parameters they've used, but over the phone I was offered a 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Tech package, 3 year 12,000 miles lease with no money down, for $300 a month (including taxes etc.). Payment on delivery would be $2,300 + first month so roughly $2,600. Sounds like a good deal?

Hard to say without knowing the MSRP and negotiated selling price.

Also, what does the $2300 cover? Any cap cost reduction in that figure?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MSRP is 32,870. Sales guy said about $3,800-3,900 in discounts. I haven't gone there yet or received the emails with details, this info is just over the phone during the 5-10 minute conversation I had. It includes a $500 discount for comparable competitor car owners (like Camry, Accord, Sonata etc.)

No idea about the cap cost reduction. Will update it once I get it.

Thanks for all the info Michaell!!

@inwester said:
    MSRP is 32,870. Sales guy said about $3,800-3,900 in discounts. I haven't gone there yet or received the emails with details, this info is just over the phone during the 5-10 minute conversation I had. It includes a $500 discount for comparable competitor car owners (like Camry, Accord, Sonata etc.)

No idea about the cap cost reduction. Will update it once I get it.

Thanks for all the info Michaell!!

When I use the MSRP of $32,870 and a selling price of $29,070 ($3800 off), with a 55% residual and .00001 MF, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $305.79.

If they are offering $300/mo with taxes, that sounds like a pretty good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the calculation. I still haven't received the email, but the initial payment of $2,300 (+ 300 first month) might be the catch here.

@inwester said:
    Thanks for the calculation. I still haven't received the email, but the initial payment of $2,300 (+ 300 first month) might be the catch here.

Almost certain there is some cap cost reduction in that $2300.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Is that bad? I think there is cap cost reduction, but they won't give me the details unless I personally go to the dealership. Not sharing any actual numbers over the email or phone. Also, now they're saying taxes aren't included in the $300 payment. So that would increase by another $2 roughly (7% tax).

@inwester said:
    Is that bad? I think there is cap cost reduction, but they won't give me the details unless I personally go to the dealership. Not sharing any actual numbers over the email or phone. Also, now they're saying taxes aren't included in the $300 payment. So that would increase by another $2 roughly (7% tax).

Didn't you mean $21 for tax? Remember, my pre-tax calculation was almost $306, so the numbers are pretty close.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

Yeah, I meant $21. But now it includes the $2,300 initial cost. Your calculation was assuming $0 down, isn't it? Am I getting a raw deal?

Another dealer is quoting $370/month 36 months /15,000 miles lease for Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Technology Package (MSRP $33,420). No down, no initial payment other than the first month payment of $370 and all taxes, everything included. Deal?

@inwester said:
    Yeah, I meant $21. But now it includes the $2,300 initial cost. Your calculation was assuming $0 down, isn't it? Am I getting a raw deal?

It depends on what the $2300 is used for ... it may not all be cap cost reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@inwester said:
    Another dealer is quoting $370/month 36 months /15,000 miles lease for Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Technology Package (MSRP $33,420). No down, no initial payment other than the first month payment of $370 and all taxes, everything included. Deal?

What is the net cap cost? We need that to model the payment to ensure that the MF isn't being marked up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• daved292daved292 Member Posts: 2

Hi all,

I just moved down to Nashville, TN and looking for a new car. I was checking out the Mazda 6, loved it, but I didn't ask for numbers just yet on it. Plan on doing so this weekend, hopefully they have some extra rebate for 4th of July.

One thing I was curious, I asked the manager I might be interested in taking one of their remaining 2014's Touring (no tech package) and leasing that instead and he mentioned that leasing previous years model might actually come out to be more expensive because of the residual value and less incentives. Is this true? If not, could you please help provide some information on what type of money factor/residual value I would be expecting for a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring in Tennessee?

Thanks

@daved292 said:
    Hi all,

I just moved down to Nashville, TN and looking for a new car. I was checking out the Mazda 6, loved it, but I didn't ask for numbers just yet on it. Plan on doing so this weekend, hopefully they have some extra rebate for 4th of July.

One thing I was curious, I asked the manager I might be interested in taking one of their remaining 2014's Touring (no tech package) and leasing that instead and he mentioned that leasing previous years model might actually come out to be more expensive because of the residual value and less incentives. Is this true? If not, could you please help provide some information on what type of money factor/residual value I would be expecting for a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring in Tennessee?

Thanks

The information we have from Mazda for July is incomplete, and doesn't yet include the lease numbers on the 2014 Mazda 6.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator