Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Not Many Color Options - 2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Kia
imageNot Many Color Options - 2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Don't cars come in interesting colors anymore? Our 2014 Kia Forte has a very limited color palette.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144

I've owned Green (Nissan Hardbody), Yellow (Nissan Xterra), White (Subaru WRX), Cosmic Blue which is a grayish blue (Mazdaspeed3), and now Silver (Protege5). It's due to me getting older and not having an affinity to upkeep the exterior appearance, but by far I like my Silver P5 the best because it hides dirt, road grime, and imperfections in the paint so well. I can go a weeks and sometimes months without having to wash it. It's a bland color, but really like to no frills low maintenance of it.

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531

Just for giggles, I looked up the Ford Focus ST in the UK. Four exterior colors: black, grey, white, and red.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

On a similar note... The VW GTI only came in black, white and grey for 2014.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580

hank39, at least the P5 Silver is a good silver. Most cars go with the bland silver color, either more of a grey or nearly white. It does get old all the cars that come in white, black, or 4 shades of silver.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Instead of pinstriping, dealers should offer that plasti-dip paint stuff on new cars.

Lots more profit in pinstripes I suppose.

• adantiumadantium Member Posts: 42

Is the Elantra built here and the forte overseas? that could explain it as its easier to ship a select number of colours while if its made here then its easy to quickly paint the colours in demand and slow down production of the ones that aren't. Anyway that's my theory...not sure if its correct though. haha

• dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89

@adantium: Many Elantras are built in Alabama, but probably close to half are imported from Korea, based on what I've seen on lots. It should be noted that the colors shown above are for the EX. Sticking with the base LX with the auto allows a bronze or sand to be selected.

• noautomaticsnoautomatics Member Posts: 14

I love red, with black a distant second. A lot of people boast about how gray hides dirt but (IMO) that's because gray is the same color as dirt so of course it's going to hide it. Similarly with silver. I wish we could go back to the bold colors of the 1950s.