Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

heated seats on a 2014 Honda CR-V LX

jmrtcljmrtcl Member Posts: 8
edited April 2014 in Honda

Has anyone added heat to CRV LX cloth seats. I have been quoted a price of $300/seat (add leather heated seats for $1699) at 2 MA dealers. Don't know how effective this installation would be.
Adding heated cloth seats is a great option for us since the other extras on an EX L hold little interest at the added expense of an EX L.

Thanks

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

Haven't done it but I've read about the kits over the years. That price sounds a bit high. And the dealers are most likely going to farm the work out to an auto upholstery shop.

So I'd skip the middleman and call around for quotes from an upholstery shop. Kits by themselves are usually under $100 a seat. So by the time you add labor, $300 each may be the number, but a shop may shave some bucks off that.

One advantage to having the dealer do it is that they may provide some sort of warranty for the work.

• jmrtcljmrtcl Member Posts: 8

stever

Thanks for your advice and comments.
    I'm tickled pink to know it's an option at a reasonable price. I thought we'd have to look at a used EX L to keep the wife happy.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

It's appealing to me because I love heated seats but I'm not a big fan of leather.

Although I sat in a leather EX-L just yesterday and the power seat option was nice. B)

• johnpitjohnpit Member Posts: 9

Can you get Power seats in an EX? Don't need all the extras in a EXL.....Thanks