Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570

Most makes don't really support 24 month leases.. The Audi has a decent 36 month program, but isn't cost effective to lease for 24 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ma75ma75 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting following information from Audi dealer, does it look reasonable?

Money Factor:

36 months: 0.00039

39-42 months: 0.00059

Residual (10k miles per year)

36 months: 54% (of the original MSRP)

39 months: 52%

42 months: 50%

I am planning to lease A4 Quattro premium S-line, here is quote from dealer.

MSRP: 39370
    Selling price:36220
    Lease for 36month with 12K/year
    It is 345/month with 5k down ( includes fees, dmv, first month and capital cost reduction).
    Please let me know if it is reasonable deal. Also, how can I calculate 345 myself based on MF and RV?

The variable (money factor and residual) are all correct. Without a CAP cost reduction, the payment would be $438/mo.

Big numbers upfront can hide a lot. You need an itemized breakdown of the $5000, to see how much is CAP cost reduction, and where the rest of it is going (1st payment, acq.fee, DMV, dealer's boat payment.. etc)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ma75ma75 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Could you please let me know how did you come up with $438. Also, RV is based on 10k miles not 12k. Is that ok?

@ma75 said:
    Thanks Could you please let me know how did you come up with $438. Also, RV is based on 10k miles not 12k. Is that ok?

Here is a good primer on the lease calculation:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/12602/general/x/how-to-calculate-monthly-lease-payments

Going from 12K/yr to 10K/yr adds 1% to the residual amount, and would lower the monthly payment on the previous calculation by about $11/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bnewton_xpbnewton_xp Member Posts: 2

I inquired about A4 w/Audi Care, Premium Plus Package, Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package, Black Optic Package, Sport Package, Audi Guard Protection Kit MSRP $45,195 . No money down.

36 month lease
    15,000 miles per year
    .00089 money factor
    53% residual
    $605.43 per month

is the money factor marked up and by how much? I don't have the sale price of the car yet - I've emailed me back to get that part.

@bnewton_xp said:
    I inquired about A4 w/Audi Care, Premium Plus Package, Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package, Black Optic Package, Sport Package, Audi Guard Protection Kit MSRP $45,195 . No money down.

36 month lease
    15,000 miles per year
    .00089 money factor
    53% residual
    $605.43 per month

is the money factor marked up and by how much? I don't have the sale price of the car yet - I've emailed me back to get that part.

The base MF is .00039, so it's either marked up, or they are waiving the acquisition fee in exchange for a .00050 increase (which is more expensive than just rolling the fee into the lease)

A .00050 markup adds about $1200 to the lease, over three years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bobaduhfettbobaduhfett Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Been reading through all these posts and find all this info to be extremely helpful. Heres my inquiry please. thoughts?

A4 Premium Quattro tiptronic w/ s line package.

36 months 12k/yr

MSRP-$38,395

Cap cost-$36,500

.00039( money factor)

$21,501.2 (56% residual)

$326.99 ( first monthly payment, LA county tax 9%)

$353. ( dmv fees)

$8.75 ( state tire fees)

$80 (document fee)

$270 ( cap reduction tax)

$69.75 ( upfront fee tax)

$1,803.49(total inception fee)+$2,000 cap reduction=$3,803.49(total drive off)

Looks like you left out the $695 acq.fee off the itemized list, but looks like it's included in the $1800 inception fee total.

If it's me, I roll the $2000 cap reduction and the $695 acq.fee into the lease.. Looks like a solid deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kswishkswish Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2014

Dealing with a bit of a dodgy dealer here in Bergen County NJ - quoting me a money factor of .00079/53% residual on a 39mth lease on a Quattro Premium Plus with Navi Plus package...what's a realistic Cap Cost I can achieve on this vehicle? What about the Cap Cost on a Quattro Prestige? I also see a $493 doc fee listed here, is that legit? It seems to me that on 36-39mth lease I could get a residual of 54% and a money factor of .00039 looking at previous quotes, is that still realistic?

@kswish said:
    Dealing with a bit of a dodgy dealer here in Bergen County NJ - quoting me a money factor of .00079/53% residual on a 39mth lease on a Quattro Premium Plus with Navi Plus package...what's a realistic Cap Cost I can achieve on this vehicle? What about the Cap Cost on a Quattro Prestige? I also see a $493 doc fee listed here, is that legit? It seems to me that on 36-39mth lease I could get a residual of 54% and a money factor of .00039 looking at previous quotes, is that still realistic?

The base MF on a 39 month lease is .00039, so the dealer is marking up that number. I assume that the 53% residual quoted was for 10K/yr?

Most decent deals seem to be about 6% off MSRP,which matches supplier pricing. You'll have a $695 acquisition fee to add to that.

A 54% residual for 39mo, 10K/yr would require the purchase of an AudiCare maintenance agreement. The base MF for 36 months is .00019, and the residual is 2% higher.

Getting the Prestige trim will make the lease much more expensive, as the residuals are 5% lower than the Premium Plus trim.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kswishkswish Member Posts: 13

Yep, the 53% was for a 10K/yr 39mth lease...the dealer came back and said the base rate "for the vehicle you chose" is .00059 which makes me not want to deal with them anymore, but they did say they'd raise the residual to 55% for a 36mth 10K/yr lease...I think I'll stay away from the Prestige trim, doesn't seem worth it...thanks for your help

• cheungmccheungmc Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2014

@Michaell said:
    FWD - .00018 and 53%
    Quattro - .00039 and 55%

Just curious, are these numbers the same for A4 FWD Premium Plus w/ Nav? 10K, 36 months? Woah, the MF on a FWD is pretty low. If I do MSD, the MF will be almost close to nothing. Thx

.00018 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. A4 FWD Premium Plus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sonicsk8sonicsk8 Member Posts: 13

Hey, can you give me the numbers for 2014 A4 Premium and Premium Plus with Quattro and Tiptronic transmission . 36 mo, 12k & 10k

@sonicsk8 said:
    Hey, can you give me the numbers for 2014 A4 Premium and Premium Plus with Quattro and Tiptronic transmission . 36 mo, 12k & 10k

.00039 MF and 54%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• uptownaudi08uptownaudi08 Member Posts: 2

I really appreciate the assistance you all offer on this site. I'm researching a deal that I'm currently working and would like you to tell me what you think:

2014 A4 2.0T FWD Multitronic
    42 mos - 10K miles per year

She quoted a residual of 49% and a MF of .00068. Huh?

I haven't done the credit app yet but I am certain to be A-Tier. I do have about $2900 in negative equity to roll in, but unless I've been reviewing previous posts wrong, those numbers seem a little off.

No up front cash other than the first months payment.

Are the MF and Residual good that they're offering, or should I be trying to counter?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

• uptownaudi08uptownaudi08 Member Posts: 2

Forgot to add that it does have the S-Line styling package. Thanks again!

@uptownaudi08 said:
    I really appreciate the assistance you all offer on this site. I'm researching a deal that I'm currently working and would like you to tell me what you think:

I haven't done the credit app yet but I am certain to be A-Tier. I do have about $2900 in negative equity to roll in, but unless I've been reviewing previous posts wrong, those numbers seem a little off.

Are the MF and Residual good that they're offering, or should I be trying to counter?

@uptownaudi08 said:

The residual is correct, but the base MF is .00038.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• igaleli99igaleli99 Member Posts: 2

@sonicsk8 said:

here is some one advertising the A4 for $360 a month. http://www.autobahnleasing.com/2014_Audi_A4_Brooklyn_NY_159677184.veh

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,908

@igaleli99 said:
    here is some one advertising the A4 for $360 a month. http://www.autobahnleasing.com/2014_Audi_A4_Brooklyn_NY_159677184.veh

Doesn't look like an Audi Financial Services lease, so there could be some hidden issues with the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@igaleli99 said:

.00039 MF and 54%/55% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• janesays19janesays19 Member Posts: 14

Can you please comment on the deal below --

2014 A4 Premium Plus with Navi
    36 months
    10k/year

MSRP: 44,130
    Invoice: 41,702
    Sale Price: 40,390

$563/month
    Residual: 55%
    Money Factor: .00039

Closing costs:
    $445(first month)
    $695 acq fee
    $400 plates
    $1270.90 taxes (New Jersey)
    $75 dealer doc fee

Total: $2,885.90

Thanks!

@janesays19 said:
    Can you please comment on the deal below --

2014 A4 Premium Plus with Navi
    36 months
    10k/year

MSRP: 44,130
    Invoice: 41,702
    Sale Price: 40,390

$563/month
    Residual: 55%
    Money Factor: .00039

Closing costs:
    $445(first month)
    $695 acq fee
    $400 plates
    $1270.90 taxes (New Jersey)
    $75 dealer doc fee

Total: $2,885.90

Thanks!

Residual and MF match what I have.

When I plug in all your numbers (MSRP and selling price) I get a pre-tax payment of $472.95.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• jerrynmnkjerrynmnk Member Posts: 8

Just picked up my new A4 Premium Plus
    Lease deal:

Bottom Line....MSRP $41,175
    MF 0.00039 Resid 55%(incl audi care)
    $000 out of pocket....no doc fees, registrations, no cap reduction, NADA.
    Monthly payment $479, 36months, 12K/yr, includes Audi Care

Too good to pass up, I ran to the dealer

• brooklynaudibrooklynaudi Member Posts: 53

@jerrynmnk said:
    Just picked up my new A4 Premium Plus
    Lease deal:

Bottom Line....MSRP $41,175
    MF 0.00039 Resid 55%(incl audi care)
    $000 out of pocket....no doc fees, registrations, no cap reduction, NADA.
    Monthly payment $479, 36months, 12K/yr, includes Audi Care

Too good to pass up, I ran to the dealer

Dealer name/area you bought from? AWD?

• jerrynmnkjerrynmnk Member Posts: 8

@brooklynaudi said:
    Cherry Hill, NJ forgot $1K loyalty

• chifellachifella Member Posts: 1

Does the $1k mfg cash go into the cap reduction or is that typically factored in to get to invoice pricing?

• dpadrodpadro Member Posts: 28

Hey there, just started shopping around for a A4 Premium Plus with sport, S line, MM1, black optic packages. MSRP was 45ish and the dealer would go down to 44,000 paying the fees at signing 3,500 my payment was $560 with 51% residual not sure about the MF and to be honest don't really understand it. This is my first lease and I'm looking at 36m with 12K any help would be appreciated! Again my first lease and that was the first offer I'm gotten still shopping around.

Thanks!
    v/r
    DannyP

Update to my last post, these are the specific numbers maybe it'll help.

36 month 12K price with discounts 44,547 with all fees 47.791.00 again not sure of the MF but I know the residual is 51% my payment paying off the signing fees which amout to about 3,500 comes out to 603. The care is an A4 Premuim plus brilliant black, S-line, sport, MMI, black optic, back spoiler. Just wondering if that was a decent deal? I wanted to get the payments down to about 500-550 but I know putting money down besides the signing fees on a lease kind of defeats the purpose of a lease. Any input will help, thanks!

@dpadro said:
    Update to my last post, these are the specific numbers maybe it'll help.

36 month 12K price with discounts 44,547 with all fees 47.791.00 again not sure of the MF but I know the residual is 51% my payment paying off the signing fees which amout to about 3,500 comes out to 603. The care is an A4 Premuim plus brilliant black, S-line, sport, MMI, black optic, back spoiler. Just wondering if that was a decent deal? I wanted to get the payments down to about 500-550 but I know putting money down besides the signing fees on a lease kind of defeats the purpose of a lease. Any input will help, thanks!

Is this FWD or Quattro? The MF and residuals are different.

You are right - putting money down to de-cap the lease is not a good idea. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. Rather, use the upfront cash to make multiple security deposits (MSD) - these reduce the MF and your payment, and you get the money back at the end of the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

It's a Quattro, automatic transmission forgot to mentnion that. How do I make the security deposits? Is it like paying to the principle of a normal auto loan? or do I just tell the dealer I will do that? Thanks for the help.

Also I'm located in Maryland.

@dpadro said:
    It's a Quattro, automatic transmission forgot to mentnion that. How do I make the security deposits? Is it like paying to the principle of a normal auto loan? or do I just tell the dealer I will do that? Thanks for the help.

A4 Quattro Prem Plus - .00039 and 54% for 36/12

Multiple security deposits are used to reduce the base MF. Audi allows 9 MSDs - each MSD is the payment amount rounded up to the next $25 - and each MSD reduces the MF by .00005. If your payment is $485/mo each MSD would be $500 and the maximum 9 ($4500) would lower the effective MSD to .00001 (can't be lower than 0).

The best part is you get the MSD money back at the end of the lease.

Your salesman may not be aware of the MSD program - but the finance person ought to be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sweet thanks for the info, just a couple of last questions to make sure I'm understanding correctly. So if my payment is 580 the MSD would be 600 each right? Also the dealer told me the residual was 51% max and they didn't dictate that is the % dictated by state/area or just by the dealership/lease provider? Lastly using the example you gave doing the multipe MSD's how much would the payment go down and they just give you that money back at the end of the lease? If so that's awesome!

@dpadro said:
    Sweet thanks for the info, just a couple of last questions to make sure I'm understanding correctly. So if my payment is 580 the MSD would be 600 each right? Also the dealer told me the residual was 51% max and they didn't dictate that is the % dictated by state/area or just by the dealership/lease provider? Lastly using the example you gave doing the multipe MSD's how much would the payment go down and they just give you that money back at the end of the lease? If so that's awesome!

Yes, if your payment is $580 then the amount of each security deposit would be $600.

Residual is set by the finance company and cannot be modified by the dealer. The residual amounts are constant by geography.

The payment would be reduced based on the reduction of the MF used in the payment calculation. And yes, the money given as MSD is returned to you at the end of the lease - presumably, to be used in the next lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Super Sweet! Again thanks for the help and the quick responses. So based on Maryland Geografical area you're saying the residual should be 54%? I'm trying to figure out why they told me 51%? Is this information public? Could I find it and go to the dealer with proof? Or am I stuck with whatever they tell me fo rthe residual %?

@dpadro said:
    Super Sweet! Again thanks for the help and the quick responses. So based on Maryland Geografical area you're saying the residual should be 54%? I'm trying to figure out why they told me 51%? Is this information public? Could I find it and go to the dealer with proof? Or am I stuck with whatever they tell me fo rthe residual %?

The only factors that will affect the residual value are the lease term, miles per year and trim level. Double check with your dealer that they are providing the residual for A4 Quattro Premium Plus - 36 months and 12K miles per year.

No, the information is not public. No, you are not stuck with whatever your dealer tells you - you can always go to a different Audi dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

LOL, sweet thanks for the info and the help!

Quick question are MSD's allowed on any car or is that an Audi type deal?

@dpadro said:
    Quick question are MSD's allowed on any car or is that an Audi type deal?

MSDs are available from multiple manufacturers, though mostly on luxury makes (MB, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti). Not aware of MSDs being available for Honda, Hyundai, Ford, etc.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Cool, yeah looked at a Q50S yesterday because I'm having a hard time finding the A4 I want, but wasn't sure if they did the MSD's for all types. Thanks though!

• drengifodrengifo Member Posts: 2

Hello - I'm interested in a new 2014 A4 and when I visited the dealer they proposed this deal. The dealership claims to have no haggle pricing. Please review and let me know if this is a good deal.

2014 A4 Premium Plus Quattro, Navigation

36 mo 52% Residual, 15k miles
    MSRP 42,780
    Cap Cost $39,738
    $4k trade in

Payment $504 including tax

@drengifo said:
    Hello - I'm interested in a new 2014 A4 and when I visited the dealer they proposed this deal. The dealership claims to have no haggle pricing. Please review and let me know if this is a good deal.

2014 A4 Premium Plus Quattro, Navigation

36 mo 52% Residual, 15k miles
    MSRP 42,780
    Cap Cost $39,738
    $4k trade in

Payment $504 including tax

Is the trade in equity being used to lower the cap cost? If so, we recommend against that - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Instead, use the equity to make multiple security deposits to lower the MF. You get your money back at the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• khiweekhiwee Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I'm looking at a 2014 A4 Quattro Premium Plus package, Navi plus, Audi Side Assist that is being leased with 4,650 miles on it in NY.(Ibis White)

MSRP- $44375
    CAP COST- $36672.61
    RESIDUAL %- 52
    MONEY FACTOR- .00193
    TERM- 36
    Payment $494 per month.

Dealer won't give out specific numbers until i come in again, but i paid 500 to hold the car and offered a total of 2500 down. I have Tier B credit. With taxes total paid upfront $2704
    They said it was the last of 6 loaners given to them every 6 months or so from Audi.

Can someone let me know if I should run screaming out the door? Is really appreciate it. My very first lease.

I also have another offer at a different dealer but i don't know the money factor yet. This is for a brand new A4 Quattro Premium, moonlight blue, navi package, cold weather package.

MSRP 40,450
    Purchase Option 21,843
    RESIDUAL ?
    MONEY FACTOR- ?
    TERM- 36
    Disposition fee 350.........
    Then
    Amount due on signing
    Acquisition Fee 650
    Fees ~Insurance 155
    Upfront taxes 1,679
    Cap reduction 300
    -------------
    Total inception fees 2,829.01
    Rebate as cap reduction 750.00
    Total drive off?? 3,579,01

Total cash required on delivery 2829.01
    Payment $487 per month,

Any comments would be welcome.

On the loaner, it looks like they are using the standard money factor, adjusted higher for B-tier, and it appears to be correct.

I'm not sure how B-tier affects the money factor on the brand-new vehicle, though.

Comparing the two deals, it looks like the loaner vehicle has a lot more options, and is about the same overall price, or maybe a little less than the new one... If I'm just leasing for 36 months, I think I'd pick the loaner. You'll want to verify that it still has at least 3 full years of warranty left (ask for the "in-service date").

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kshaykshay Member Posts: 19

Hello, what are the MF and residuals for 2014 A4 Premium 36mo/12k? We are in Southern California. Are there any current promos running this weekend? Thanks much.

• khiweekhiwee Member Posts: 4
    null

null

Thank you so much! @ kyfdx. They did say they would restart the warranty, so the 4650 miles would be reset to 0 for warranty purposes.

@kshay said:
    Hello, what are the MF and residuals for 2014 A4 Premium 36mo/12k? We are in Southern California. Are there any current promos running this weekend? Thanks much.

FWD - .00018 and 52%

Quattro - .00039 and 54%

Audi will make your first payment, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kshaykshay Member Posts: 19

Thanks. What are your thoughts on advertising and port fees? Dealer's quote includes almost $700 of advertising and port fees which they say are on every car that comes into U.S. Are those standard fees and are they negotiable? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.