Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What are your lease monthly payments? Dodge Durango.

maverick1172maverick1172 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2014 in Dodge

Looking at Leasing vs buying because I only put on an average of 9,500 per year and like having new cars every few years. I never leased before and was looking at doing the 36 month with 12,000 mile lease but wondered what everyone's monthly lease payments were and if it's a much cheaper deal vs buying? I know they recommend 15% minimum down which is fine but is it worth it? I'm working on improving my credit and my CS is 670 at the moment.

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited June 2014

Lease payments are always cheaper, but of course you have no equity in the vehicle. Dodge is offering a base model Durango for $339 a month plus of course taxes, registration acquisition fee and $2995 upfront costs, so you'll be pushing $400 a month easy. Buying that same vehicle with $3000 down for 60 months term would probably end up being around $550/month. And you have equity when you sell. In the long run, it's probably cheaper to buy--in the short run, probably cheaper to lease or same-same.

Of course, as you add options or upgrade the model, everything goes up accordingly.

• maverick1172maverick1172 Member Posts: 2

Thanks. I get the Affiliated rewards 1% below invoice through my work so with that plus the $1500 off for leasing if I put 15% down my payments would be around $405 on a Citidel from what dodge.com shows.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2014

Where did you get the 15% down idea? The goal in leasing is usually to put zero down, or as little as possible.

Dissecting the Deal - How To Spot a Good Lease