Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevy Traverse Dash Blacked Out

denise616denise616 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet

Has anyone else had this issue?

Sitting at a light the interior of the Traverse was getting warm. I looked down and saw my fan dial was blacked out - like it was off. Then I realized my entire dashboard was black - like there was no power. As I began to slowly accelerate everything turned back on, and there was a sound accompanying it as if the car was restarting from close to a stall?

It was strange and this vehicle has less than 5,000 miles on it. The sole purpose behind the purchase was safety but I am finding little glitches in the system and this is the most alarming yet.

It has been at the dealer for this and a couple of other issues today and I cannot seem to make contact and nobody has tried to contact me yet.

Answers

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

For the dash lights (or lack of) I might wonder if the sensor on top of dash was not getting enough light while stopped and put lights in night time (dim) mode. Once you started moving again it may have received more light and put dash in day time (bright) mode.

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hello denise616,

I am sorry to hear that you are having concerns with your dashboard blacking out and that you haven't heard from your dealership. If any assistance is needed reaching out to them, please feel free to send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with Attn:Andraya in the subject line.

Andraya
    GM Customer Care