Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

@chicagogg said:
    I have been pricing out MB350GLK 2014 4Matic vehicles and getting leases in the $700 range with taxes on a car selling for $43K. Seems like a rip off. What would good #'s look like for a 2014 350GLK 4Matic, black, moonroof, heated seats for 36 months.

Dealers are showing me residuals of 55% which seems like they are screwing me.

If, as your name implies, you live in Illinois, you are paying sales tax on the entire purchase price of the car, not just on the monthly payment. This makes the payment much higher.

55% is the residual for 36mo and 15k. MF is .00103.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148

@chicagogg said:
    I have been pricing out MB350GLK 2014 4Matic vehicles and getting leases in the $700 range with taxes on a car selling for $43K. Seems like a rip off. What would good #'s look like for a 2014 350GLK 4Matic, black, moonroof, heated seats for 36 months.

Dealers are showing me residuals of 55% which seems like they are screwing me.

If you live in Illinois or Texas, you will be taxed for the entire sales price which makes leasing unattractive in these states. To make leasing attractive in these states, manufacturers offer 'Tax Credits' so you only have to pay a very small amount (~1.5%). Ask your dealer to apply tax credits which will drop the monthly payment significantly. These are different from the tax credits when trading in (where you only pay taxes on value over trade-in). You may have to shop around a couple dealers to find one that will agree to offer them. I have leased in both IL and TX and always got tax credits.

• Options

@kar_freak said:
    If you live in Illinois or Texas, you will be taxed for the entire sales price which makes leasing unattractive in these states. To make leasing attractive in these states, manufacturers offer 'Tax Credits' so you only have to pay a very small amount (~1.5%). Ask your dealer to apply tax credits which will drop the monthly payment significantly. These are different from the tax credits when trading in (where you only pay taxes on value over trade-in). You may have to shop around a couple dealers to find one that will agree to offer them. I have leased in both IL and TX and always got tax credits.

Illinois just passed legislation to change that. Any lease executed on 7/1/14 or later will only have the payment taxed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 56
    Hi Everyone,

Looking for some feedback on lease deal offered:

MSRP 38605
    Sale price: 33050
    MF: 0.00088
    36months
    10k /yr
    $3k drive off
    Payment: 357.44 including 8.75% sales tax
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

@gvitalik1 said:
    Hi Everyone,

MSRP 38605
    36months
    10k /yr
    $3k drive off

Base money factor (with AUTOpay) and a nice discount.. Looks pretty good, given that it includes sales tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148

@gvitalik1 said:
    Hi Everyone,

MSRP 38605
    36months
    10k /yr
    $3k drive off

Can you break down the $3k drive off please? How much cap cost reduction was in that number?

• Options
    billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148

Can you break down the $3k drive off please? How much cap cost reduction was in that number?

• Options
    roylaroyla Member Posts: 1

Id like to get an opinion for a lease offer:
    GLK350 MSRP 47,250.00
    30 MONTH OR 24 MONTH LEASE 15K miles a year 2000 DRIVE OFF, 515 a month out the door.
    is this a good deal?

• Options

@royla said:
    Id like to get an opinion for a lease offer:
    GLK350 MSRP 47,250.00
    30 MONTH OR 24 MONTH LEASE 15K miles a year 2000 DRIVE OFF, 515 a month out the door.
    is this a good deal?

Can't give an educated opinion without the detail... A breakdown of the $2000, the selling price.. and, the tax rate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    melonball3melonball3 Member Posts: 25

Could you please give me lease numbers for the following vehicle:

GLK 350 4matic
    12K/year
    most attractive lease term (27? 30? 36?)
    Money factor
    Residual

GLK 250 Bluetec
    12K/year
    Money factor
    Residual

THANK YOU!

• Options

@melonball3 said:
    Could you please give me lease numbers for the following vehicle:

GLK 350 4matic
    12K/year
    Money factor
    Residual

GLK 250 Bluetec
    12K/year
    Money factor
    Residual

THANK YOU!

The 350 will be more attractive, as the 250 Blutec only offers standard MF this month (.00195 to .00225). The 350 MF is either .00098 (RWD) or .00103 (4Matic).

Offsetting that is the fact that the residuals on the Blutec are better than on the gas model. There are no 27 month programs available for the GLK.

24/30/36 month residuals for 12K per year:

250BT - 70 / 66 / 59

350 (2WD) - 67 / 61 / 56

350 (4Matic) - 68 / 62 / 57

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tntgirl13tntgirl13 Member Posts: 8

Hello everyone I need your assistance , last time on my lease I got a bit screwed so I want to be better prepared. My lease on my c- class is going to end in august and I am considering the GLK. These are the numbers they are offering but I kow they can do better.

36 months/12k
    MSRP 48,300( p1, multimedia package)
    sale price 44,100
    MF. .00108
    out of pocket including tax( NY 8.75%)-3100
    payment 535/month.

I know and can get better but I was hoping because my least is already with them they would give me a better deal.

What would be my best plan of action?

• Options

@tntgirl13 said:

Hello everyone I need your assistance , last time on my lease I got a bit screwed so I want to be better prepared. My lease on my c- class is going to end in august and I am considering the GLK. These are the numbers they are offering but I kow they can do better.

36 months/12k
    MSRP 48,300( p1, multimedia package)
    sale price 44,100
    MF. .00108
    out of pocket including tax( NY 8.75%)-3100
    payment 535/month.

I know and can get better but I was hoping because my least is already with them they would give me a better deal.

What would be my best plan of action?

First question - RWD or 4Matic? MF are different. .00098 for RWD and .00103 for 4Matic. 4Matic has a 1% better residual for 36/12 (57% vs. 56%) to offset.

If I use the 4Matic MF and residual with your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $534.03/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    deniska1deniska1 Member Posts: 46

Hi, what is the MF and Residual for 27 months GLK 350 4Matic P1 and Navigation package. 7.5K miles a year. I'm in NY.

Thank You

• Options

@deniska1 said:
    Hi, what is the MF and Residual for 27 months GLK 350 4Matic P1 and Navigation package. 7.5K miles a year. I'm in NY.

Thank You

There is no 27 month program available for the GLK this month.

24 month, 7.5K MF is .00103 and residual is 70%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tntgirl13tntgirl13 Member Posts: 8

@Michaell said:
    If I use the 4Matic MF and residual with your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $534.03/mo.

Thanks for your quick response. It is a 4matic. Is this a good deal ? Is there room to negotiate. I see the mf you quoted is less.

• Options

@tntgirl13 said:
    Thanks for your quick response. It is a 4matic. Is this a good deal ? Is there room to negotiate. I see the mf you quoted is less.

Yes, the dealer is allowed to mark up the MF for extra profit. Reducing it to the base MF I quoted will save a few dollars a month.

Not sure if you can negotiate any more off the sticker price - but, I'm not in the market for a small SUV (yet).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    sightingsighting Member Posts: 1

I am looking to lease a 2014 GLK250 4MATIC, I live in California Bay Area. I am looking at 2 of them right now and they both around 48K +- $500.

What is a good starting point for a lease price with nothing down and 12k a year on a 36month lease.

ps. I am returning my current Mercedes thats off lease in the next 2 weeks.

All help appreciated,
    Thank you

• Options

@sighting said:
    I am looking to lease a 2014 GLK250 4MATIC, I live in California Bay Area. I am looking at 2 of them right now and they both around 48K +- $500.

What is a good starting point for a lease price with nothing down and 12k a year on a 36month lease.

ps. I am returning my current Mercedes thats off lease in the next 2 weeks.

All help appreciated,
    Thank you

MF for the GLK250 Bluetec is standard (.00195-.00225), with a 59% residual.

If you provide the negotiated net cap cost, we can help model a payment for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    txbelle1txbelle1 Member Posts: 66

Hi, I have a deal for a $6k GLK 350 w/nav, prem pkg
    It is a lease for 48 mo, $0 down, given tax credits, 10k/yr, $597 payment.
    Is that a good deal or could I do better?

• Options

Sorry--$46k MSRP on above-we discussed $43k sales price

• Options

@txbelle1 said:
    Hi, I have a deal for a $6k GLK 350 w/nav, prem pkg
    It is a lease for 48 mo, $0 down, given tax credits, 10k/yr, $597 payment.
    Is that a good deal or could I do better?

I'm calculating a pre-tax payment of $530.19 for a 48 month, 10k lease. The poor residuals are whats driving up the payment.

for 36 months the payment drops by $5/mo due to the higher residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

thx u! so $597 is too high-should be $530 like u stated above?

• Options

Also note the car has 1,600 miles on it. So what would you suggest as discount for the miles?

• Options

Michaell if you could please send the MF and residual you are using to get to
    $530 payment above…thx again!

• Options

@txbelle1 said:
    Michaell if you could please send the MF and residual you are using to get to
    $530 payment above…thx again!

.00103 MF and 45% residual for 48mo 10k miles per year.

Yes you should aim for the $530/mo.

1600 miles should earn you an additional small discount of a few hundred dollars.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

thx u! bad day at dealer-shady. they are saying they no longer will honor the tax credits that they promised.
    what would you counter to below latest?
    54%
    .00128 MF
    10k yr
    $45k net cap (with tax now include, $42k before tax)
    Or what do you rec as next step?
    Talk to GM about shady bate and switch tactic by finance mgr?
    Really like sales guy or would not even deal with...

• Options
    murrr77murrr77 Member Posts: 30

Hello, I'm looking at a 2014 GLK350 4matic. Is MB offering any incentives to dealers or customers for the Summer Drive Event? Also, does it differ for lease vs buy? I'd like to negotiate the purchase price before I disclose I am leasing.

Also, I'm eligible for a fleet discount through my employer, and it is $2500 for the GLK. Would any of the current incentives be ineligible with the fleet discount?

Is there a money factor discount for multiple security deposits (and how many can I do) like with BMW? Is everyone eligible for an AUTOpay discount of .00025 if they have the payment auto deducted?

Last, the one I'm looking at is prewired for Becker Map Pilot. If I want to get the module (listed for $600) will it be added to the MSRP for lease purposes or will I have to pay for the entire module?

Thanks!!

• Options

@txbelle1 said:
    thx u! bad day at dealer-shady. they are saying they no longer will honor the tax credits that they promised.
    what would you counter to below latest?
    54%
    .00128 MF
    10k yr
    $45k net cap (with tax now include, $42k before tax)
    Or what do you rec as next step?
    Talk to GM about shady bate and switch tactic by finance mgr?
    Really like sales guy or would not even deal with...

might be time to start working with a different dealer. i wouldn't make any deal that involves a marked up money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

thx u!

• Options
    porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99

I'd also like to know...is there a summer incentive for the GLK?

You cannot combine fleet and any cash incentive, one or the other,,,but fleet will work out better. For 24 months GLK350/4... What is the residual for 15k?

Thanks

• Options

Found a new reputable/honest dealer-thx for help! this is a valuable forum!
    I'm paying license fees, reduced tax & acquisition fee + 1st month. No way to avoid acquisition fee totally with MB?
    Worst case, if a drive for a week and car is totaled in an accident am I out all that money I paid above?
    Read somewhere I should ensure gap insurance is included to protect correct?
    Any guidance on that appreciated.

• Options

@porsche911c4s said:
    I'd also like to know...is there a summer incentive for the GLK?

You cannot combine fleet and any cash incentive, one or the other,,,but fleet will work out better. For 24 months GLK350/4... What is the residual for 15k?

Thanks

.00103 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@txbelle1 said:
    Found a new reputable/honest dealer-thx for help! this is a valuable forum!
    I'm paying license fees, reduced tax & acquisition fee + 1st month. No way to avoid acquisition fee totally with MB?
    Worst case, if a drive for a week and car is totaled in an accident am I out all that money I paid above?
    Read somewhere I should ensure gap insurance is included to protect correct?
    Any guidance on that appreciated.

The base acquisition fee is $795. Dealers can and will mark it up to $1095 for extra profit.

All Mercedes Finance leases include GAP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thanks kyfdx, I take it there is no customer one certificates available on the GLK?

• Options

@porsche911c4s said:
    Thanks kyfdx, I take it there is no customer one certificates available on the GLK?

I'm sorry.. I don't have that incentive information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Ok thank you!

• Options

thx u for help!

• Options
    murrr77murrr77 Member Posts: 30

Any info on July numbers for 2014 350 4matic? 24, 27, 30, 36 mo

• Options

@murrr77 said:
    Any info on July numbers for 2014 350 4matic? 24, 27, 30, 36 mo

.00103 MF and 66%, 60%, 55% for 24mo, 30mo, 36mo, 15K/yr. No 27 month program for this model, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    victor61victor61 Member Posts: 14

Hello. Happy 4th of July! I got this offer for a 10k/36 mos GLK250BT: sale price:41,750, upfront charges (not sure what they are) 1,283, MF: .00210, residual: 27,015. Lease is 553.72 + 10% tax. Any comments, suggestions - greatly appreciated

• Options

@victor61 said:
    Hello. Happy 4th of July! I got this offer for a 10k/36 mos GLK250BT: sale price:41,750, upfront charges (not sure what they are) 1,283, MF: .00210, residual: 27,015. Lease is 553.72 + 10% tax. Any comments, suggestions - greatly appreciated

MF is within he range for standard MB leases. What is the MSRP and state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

MSRP of 45k. PA. Was told that only way to lower MF is to pay all lease upfront ?). Please let me know what you think about offer and if there's a way I can improve deal. Thank you for prompt answer.

• Options

@victor61 said:
    MSRP of 45k. PA. Was told that only way to lower MF is to pay all lease upfront ?). Please let me know what you think about offer and if there's a way I can improve deal. Thank you for prompt answer.

There are only two variable numbers within any lease deal - the selling price and the MF. There is a 'base' MF that can be inflated by the dealer for extra profit. As I previously noted, the .00210 is in the range of the 'standard' MF from MBFS.

The selling price of $41,750 seems a decent discount from the MSRP. Can you do better? Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to help you out.

There are a couple of ways to lower the MF from the 'base' rate:

• Use Auto Pay - automatic payments made directly from your bank account will reduce the MF by .0001, I believe

• Multiple security deposits - each security deposit in the amount of the monthly payment rounded up to the next $50 will reduce the MF as well

• A one time lease payment also qualifies you for a discount on the MF as well

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Dealer said MB does not have MSD option. How much could I expect to reduce MF by one time lease payment? Thank you again for promptness and suggestios.

• Options

@victor61 said:
    Dealer said MB does not have MSD option. How much could I expect to reduce MF by one time lease payment? Thank you again for promptness and suggestios.

The dealer is wrong about MSDs.. From the standard money factor, I think the OnePay option reduces the MF by .0010

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Different offer for GLK. MRSP: 47,300 Sale price: 43,900. Residual 28,900. MF:.00103 36 mos 12k Lease: 538+tax. Any comments suggestions are very helpful.

• Options

@victor61 said:
    Different offer for GLK. MRSP: 47,300 Sale price: 43,900. Residual 28,900. MF:.00103 36 mos 12k Lease: 538+tax. Any comments suggestions are very helpful.

Residual is 57%, which is closer to $26,900 than $28,900...

Using 57% residual, I calculate within a few dollars per month of your number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Great observatio! They put the number for 60 amd they calculated rate for 57. An additional 23/month. Can you please tell me the residual rates for Glk250 36 mos for 10kand 12k? Thank you.

• Options

@victor61 said:
    Great observatio! They put the number for 60 amd they calculated rate for 57. An additional 23/month. Can you please tell me the residual rates for Glk250 36 mos for 10kand 12k? Thank you.

2014 - 57% for 36/12. Add 1% for 10K; deduct 1% if 2wd

2015 - 58% for 36/12. Same adjustments apply.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.