Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

@neorose said:
    Perhaps the E350S4 (station wagon) will have more favorable lease numbers in June. When the residual and money factor information is available, might you be able to post them. Thanks.

Standard money factor and 59% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

A low volume car like that isn't likely to come with any lease specials.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• neoroseneorose Member Posts: 50
    Thank you.
  • mikep20mikep20 Member Posts: 6

Dealer wants to add sales tax on top of MSRP/net cap. Doesn't make sense, as it will inflat adjust cap and be calculated into MF. Correct? Don't want to pay interest on NJ sales tax. Need clarification. Also, misc fees, like.... doc, fedex, etc, do they fall under net cap and/or can be omitted, paid out of pocket? Thanks

• liljaden11liljaden11 Member Posts: 21

Please post the dollar amount off MSRP on your E350 lease...Thanks

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555

@mikep20 said:
    Dealer wants to add sales tax on top of MSRP/net cap. Doesn't make sense, as it will inflate adjust cap and be calculated into MF. Correct? Don't want to pay interest on NJ sales tax. Need clarification. Also, misc fees, like.... doc, fedex, etc, do they fall under net cap and/or can be omitted, paid out of pocket? Thanks

In NJ, sales tax is calculated and added into the cap cost up front .. no way around it.

You can choose to pay fees up front or roll them into the cap cost and increase the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• gja14gja14 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2014

I decided not to pull the trigger on the deal I was given at the first dealership I went to (which I outlined on page 12 of this thread). I went to another dealership and they are offering me the following. Does this seem like a reasonable deal?

E350 4MATIC (E350W4)
    MSRP: $70,080 (includes $925 destination & delivery)
    Sale Price: $61,636.47
    Term: 27 months
    Miles: 10,000 per year
    MF: .00120 (includes auto pay incentive)
    Residual %: .68
    Due @ Signing: $3,460.30 (includes first month payment, all monthly taxes for term of lease, and fees)
    Monthly Payment: $649

They also just threw in 2yrs/20K miles pre-paid maintenance at same monthly payment.

@gja14 said:
    I decided not to pull the trigger on the deal I was given at the first dealership I went to (which I outlined on page 12 of this thread). I went to another dealership and they are offering me the following. Does this seem like a reasonable deal?

E350 4MATIC (E350W4)
    Due @ Signing: $3,460.30 (includes first month payment, all monthly taxes for term of lease, and fees)

They also just threw in 2yrs/20K miles pre-paid maintenance at same monthly payment.

Using your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of exactly $649. You can use MSDs to reduce the MF, but other than that, the deal looks solid.

How many maintenance visits do you expect to have in the first 2 years?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

OK thanks! Maintenance visit is usually every 10K miles so I would say 2 maintenance visits in the first 2 years.

Also here is a breakdown of the $3,460.30 due at signing:

First payment = $649.87
    Taxes = $1,520.71
    Bank, Doc. and DMV fees = $1,292.50
    Total = $3,463.08

• raj2014raj2014 Member Posts: 19

Can anyone please provide MF/RV on E250 BlueTEC 4MATIC on 27/36 months with 7.5 and 10K miles.

Thanks

• mikep20mikep20 Member Posts: 6

Thanks for clarifying the NJ tax issue. What about NY tax, is that also included in cap costs or calculated differently?

@raj2014 said:
    Can anyone please provide MF/RV on E250 BlueTEC 4MATIC on 27/36 months with 7.5 and 10K miles.

Thanks

Standard MF (.00195 to .00225)

No 27 month programs on the E250 BlueTEC.

36 / 10 residual is 59%; add 1% for 7.5K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited June 2014

@Michaell said:

Using your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of exactly $649. You can use MSDs to reduce the MF, but other than that, the deal looks solid.

No, you can't use MSD's when they have a special money factor, as in this case. If they were using the standard mf rate, you could reduce it with msd's.

Why is the bank fee being paid up front. You should just pay the first month's payment plus any required by law charges.

@raj2014 said:

Thanks

Financially, there is no reason to lease a Blutec for 27 or 36 months when only driving 10K miles. Yes, the bluetec gets better mileage, but figuring 25 mpg for a gas car and 30 mpg for a diesel, you would burn 1000 gallons of diesel or 1200 gallons of premium gas...they cost about the same $'s (figure $4 a gallon) at the gas pump, so you will save $800 over 3 years....that's $22 a month. Given the current attractive lease rates for the gas vs the diesel, I think you might save more than that with a gas E350 car....and you could lease it for 27 months which is the sweet spot right now.

something to think about.... Folks buy diesels for engine longevity, fuel cost savings and perhaps better resale, but when you're doing a relatively low mileage lease, the first and last reason don't matter and the fuel cost saving is questionable, depending on the terms of the lease.

• raj2014raj2014 Member Posts: 19

@ghstudio‌

Thanks for your input. I am shopping around for a new car and trying to keep cost low as possible. My current 2011, E350 is costing me $524 a month and the new one is costing me over $600 which I don't want to do. So I thought that BlueTEC might be cheaper, if they had better MF/RV. Trying to keep new lease cost below $550. So looking at other cars also.

Thanks to this forum, I am able to know, how much markup dealers are doing and try to get the price down.

@mikep20 said:
    Thanks for clarifying the NJ tax issue. What about NY tax, is that also included in cap costs or calculated differently?

I think you can pay the NJ tax upfront... and, even though you are paying finance charges on it, it's no different than any other amounts paid upfront or not on the lease... I suggest rolling everything in.. If you total the car, NJ isn't going to rebate your sales tax, but if you rolled the taxes into the lease, then GAP insurance will take care of it..

But, you'll have to pay taxes where you reside.... not where you buy the car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• liljaden11liljaden11 Member Posts: 21

@gja14 said:

E350 4MATIC (E350W4)

Where are you located? $8500 off of MSRP is pretty good. Im currently negotiating $10k off MSRP ($64,314) and so far im up to $6800. Thanks, you just helped me get to $8500 off.

• tmascotmasco Member Posts: 13

@gja14 said:

E350 4MATIC (E350W4)

Looks like you got a great deal, I am in search of a (E350W4 - Wagon) also. Would you be kind enough to give me the breakdown of the wagon and options you choose. I am in CT so I would love to know what dealer you used for your lease - Traveling out of state is not a problem for me.
    Thanks!

@tmasco said:
    Looks like you got a great deal, I am in search of a (E350W4 - Wagon) also.

MB pulls a fast one on their model naming. E350W is the sedan, and E350W4 is the sedan with 4Matic. The wagon is E350S4.

Those Germans and their sense of humor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks “Michaell” for the clarification. I am new to the Edmunds Forum, prior to reading all of the posts in this section I thought I knew a fair amount about leasing - Boy was I wrong - Therefore I am looking for some guidance. Could one expect to find a similar deal to "gja14" on a (E350S4) Wagon?

Here is my situation I am located in Fairfield County CT and am looking to lease a wagon (Luxury) with following options,

Cost Breakdown - Invoice ---- MSRP

Obsidian - - - - - - $54,498. - - $58,600.

Met-Paint - - - - - - - $670. - - - - $720.

Blk-Leather - - - - -$1,507. - - - $1,620.

Keyls-Go - - - - - - - -$921. - - - - -$990.

Prk-Asst-Pkg - - - -$1,200. - - - $1,290.

Prem-Pkg - - - - - -$3,320. - - - $3,570.

Htd-Str-Whl - - - - - - $233. - - - - -$250.

Pan-Sunrf - - - - - -$1,014. - - -$1,090.

R-SD-Airbag - - - - - $391. - - - - -$420.

--------------------- $63,754. - - - $68,550

Special Order - - - - $250. - - - - - $250.

Dest Chrg - - - - - -$925. - - - - - $925.

3 Year Maintenance - ????? - - - - -?????

Terms of lease would be 36 months @ 20,000 miles per year.

1) Will travel out of state for purchase.

2) Perfect credit score.

3) What should I expect to pay for a monthly payment based on no money down (or unless suggested otherwise - cap reduction - multiple security dep - autopay .....)

4) Would like to see the figures for - Good Deal & Great Deal.

5) Most likely the car will have to be ordered - - Doesn't the dealer like it better when they order you a car as opposed to having cars sitting in their lot and having to finance them until they are sold?

6) Any recommendations for dealers who give great deals - - I don't mind doing a deal over the phone/email then traveling to pickup the car.

My approach to the dealers is tell them what I am looking for as a deal and then for them to work their numbers to see if they can match it or see what they can come up with. Do you guys/gals agree with my approach or recommend doing it another way always open to suggestions.

Please provide me with any thoughts or comments

Thanks!!!

edited June 2014

I'd go to your local dealer, ask them for the MSRP with maintenance for 5 years included (if mercedes offers it...if not, include the maximum MERCEDES maintenance offered), ask for their discounted price (total capitalized cost and ask if their administrative fee is included or not, ask the money factor they will use with you selecting maximum multiple security deposits and autopay, ask them for the residual value or % and then, see what their monthly lease price is. Once we establish the correct numbers, you will bargain on the discount...the rest is pretty much fixed. No money up front...just the first month's payment and any legally required fees (registration,...). Roll everything else into the lease. They will undoubtably quote you something with money down up front or try to give you a price without any of the detail....tell them you don't want to pay anything up front...period and you want all the detail.

Generally speaking, leasing for 20K miles is not a good financial decision unless you have business reasons to lease.

Note: the reason to add Mercedes maintenance is that if the residual is 60% and the MSRP of the maintenance is $2000, you only pay 40% of that over the period of the lease.....or $800. If you pick anyone elses maintenance, you pay 100% of the MSRP over the life of the lease.

Don't go to NY state for the car....for whatever reason, they don't allow multiple security deposits;

"ghstudio" thanks for the reply - I have a couple of questions,

• Are you using 5 years instead of 3 years for maintenance because of the high milage (service intervals)?

• Does the maintenance program cover the parts/materials needed for the service (brake pads, rotors, filters, oil ...)?

• Why is leasing for 20k miles a bad idea - my situation is our 10 year old son plays hockey and has now joined a team that travels extensively. As a result I will be driving approx 500. miles each week for 7 months out of the year. I am open to any suggestions on how I should obtain this vehicle.

• I was hoping someone could take my numbers and break them down into a lease payment using MSB current pricing factors for this type of car. I realize some assumptions would have to be made for the up front costs (guestamate) or leave them out completely since they are fixed costs. That way I can contact the various dealers and tell them what I am looking for in a deal. Unfortunately the dealers in this neck of the woods feel they can charge top dollar and they usually get it. That is why I am willing to travel out of state. For example my current lease (due the end of this month) is on a Range Rover Sport and found a dealer in Rhode Island that would do the deal.

• I am looking for any suggestions from anyone on dealers who like to give great deals (volume), that way I can contact them first in hopes of making a great deal with the least amount of pain.

I think I saw on an earlier post that MB charges .20/mile should the milage exceed the allotted amount - if the excess milage is built into the lease would the extra cost be calculated the same way the maintenance is calculated (based on residual - lower amount paid).

Sorry for the long message I am trying to get my ducks in order before I begin my quest.

By the way I did visit the local dealer for a test drive and he told me he would not give me any pricing unless I was ready to make a deal (deposit) right then and there. Unfortunately most people around here don't challenge the dealers on pricing Their motto is "If you have to ask then you can't afford it"

Thanks for the help!!!!

• rravinrravin Member Posts: 37

kyfdx,
    What is the mf and residual% for the 2014 E350 for 36mo/15k. Tier 1 credit. Live in Los Angeles. Any incentives?
    Thanks,
    rravinmd

@rravin said:
    kyfdx,
    What is the mf and residual% for the 2014 E350 for 36mo/15k. Tier 1 credit. Live in Los Angeles. Any incentives?
    Thanks,
    rravinmd

.00136 MF and 57% residual. They have a 27 month special lease with residual of 65%.

I don't have the incentives, but you can search for them using the Car Research tab at the top of the page. Evidently, there are hefty incentives, given the selling prices that our other members are reporting (read the last 100 messages or so, in this discussion)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• leasermannleasermann Member Posts: 11
    Hey guys looking for residual and money factor on 2014e63 amg s model AWD for June. Looking for 27/36/39 10k year numbers. Any special incentives on these units? Someone said that one pay rate drops it down to .0008 at the dealership for 36month can anyone confirm?

@leasermann said:
    Hey guys looking for residual and money factor on 2014e63 amg s model AWD for June. Looking for 27/36/39 10k year numbers. Any special incentives on these units? Someone said that one pay rate drops it down to .0008 at the dealership for 36month can anyone confirm?

Standard MF (.00195-.00225) and 56% for 36/10. There are no 27 or 39 month numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Tmasco..yes 5 years to cover the 60k miles. If you lease, you have to have all the services done.

Don't know what's included in the longer warrantee services. The 2 year covers oil, filters,etc.

I think on high mileage driving, you have more opportunity to sell/trade the car earlier if you see a deal. Likely you will be able to sell the car for the same or more than the residual. I did 20-25k a year on cars driving from ct to vt for skiing and I bought jeeps. I managed to trade every one within 3 years on a new jeep for almost bargain prices. Mb wagons are not in hot demand which will effect resale. Make that a Lexus rx350 and you now have an easy resale car. My opinion. If it had to be a mb, I'd get the ml350 for the same reason.

• Bill3223Bill3223 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2014

I am looking to lease a E350 4Matic sport sedan in the Long Island/Westchester area of New York, and the best offer I have gotten so far is about 8k off MSRP with details below. I am new at this and not sure if its a good deal or not, but looks like many of the more experienced members here have gotten so much more off the MSRP and better deals.

Is this a good deal for NY region or is there more room for negotiation...can anyone recommend a good dealership to work with. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated....thanks

MSRP: $61,910

Selling Price: $53,880

Money Factor w/ auto pay: 0.00120

Residual Value with 12K - 67%

27 month lease: is $689.71 with first month and DMV upfront.

8.75% NY sales tax, Maintenance for 20K, and Acq fee included in monthly payment.

@Bill3223 said:
    I am looking to lease a E350 4Matic sport sedan in the Long Island/Westchester area of New York, and the best offer I have gotten so far is about 8k off MSRP with details below. I am new at this and not sure if its a good deal or not, but looks like many of the more experienced members here have gotten so much more off the MSRP and better deals.

Is this a good deal for NY region or is there more room for negotiation...can anyone recommend a good dealership to work with. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated....thanks

MSRP: $61,910

Selling Price: $53,880

Money Factor w/ auto pay: 0.00120

Residual Value with 12K - 67%

27 month lease: is $689.71 with first month and DMV upfront.

8.75% NY sales tax, Maintenance for 20K, and Acq fee included in monthly payment.

I can confirm the MF and residual. Can't comment on the selling price nor recommend a local dealer. Check back through the last few pages of posts to see what dealers other members are using.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• meldowmeldow Member Posts: 5

for those of you getting 8-12k off msrp, are those typically cars on the lot or custom orders?

im hoping to place an order for a fairly loaded e350 coupe (msrp ~62-63k) in the next couple of weeks. would it be reasonable for me to shoot for 8k off? 10k off? ideally i'd like to lease the vehicle (36 mo) for under 650/month with no money down other than the first month's payments and legally required fees, and maintenance included

if anyone could recommend me dealers/people they've had a good experience with in southern california, i'd greatly appreciate it!

• leasermannleasermann Member Posts: 11

Looking for Lease Rates and residual on a 2014 E550 AWD. Need 36month 10k/12k and 27month 10k/12k

Autopay on both.

Thanks!

@leasermann said:
    Looking for Lease Rates and residual on a 2014 E550 AWD. Need 36month 10k/12k and 27month 10k/12k

Autopay on both.

Thanks!

Standard money factor and 61% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr.

No 27 month specials on this model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2014

Looking for the money factor/residual for the following:

E350 Sedan 12k/15k - 27mo
    E350 Sedan 12k/15k - 36mo

E350 Coupe 12k/15k - 27mo
    E350 Coupe 12k/15k - 36mo

Still debating between the coupe and the sedan, also curious to see what the difference in my monthly would be between the 27 and 36 durations.

Does anyone know how soon dealers are accepting order for the E400? Would it be possible to have one custom ordered and delivered by Oct 1?

Thanks in advance!

@meldow said:
    Looking for the money factor/residual for the following:

E350 Sedan 12k/15k - 27mo

.00136 and 67% / 65%

E350 Sedan 12k/15k - 36mo

.00136 and 59% / 57%

E350 Coupe 12k/15k - 27mo

No 27 month programs for the E350 Coupe

E350 Coupe 12k/15k - 36mo

.00128 and 58% / 56%

Still debating between the coupe and the sedan, also curious to see what the difference in my monthly would be between the 27 and 36 durations.

Does anyone know how soon dealers are accepting order for the E400? Would it be possible to have one custom ordered and delivered by Oct 1?

Thanks in advance!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mmmogammmoga Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014

I'm interested in E550 Sedan, around what price I can expect? 8K off MSRP 73k is possible? I don't see that many inventory at E550 especially at sedan version...

@leasermann said:

Autopay on both.

Thanks!

• car_enthuzedcar_enthuzed Member Posts: 15

@ghstudio said:
    If you are trying to lease a car which only has the "standard" money factor, then it's time to use multiple security deposits to reduce that money factor.

To @ghstudio's point, anyone know if you can use MSDs with MBFS super tier money factor rate?

• car_enthuzedcar_enthuzed Member Posts: 15

@ghstudio said:
    If you are trying to lease a car which only has the "standard" money factor, then it's time to use multiple security deposits to reduce that money factor.

To @ghstudio's point, anyone know if you can use MSDs with MBFS super tier money factor rate?

Quick question regarding leasing a custom ordered car - if I place an order for a car this month, but it doesn't arrive until October, could I negotiate/lock in a deal based on the current money factor/residual?

generally, no....the rate is set when you actually lease the car.

edited June 2014

hi everyone i got offer for E550 from dealer that i can use 10 security deposit to get the rate from 0.00220 to 0.0015 with autopay, is that reasonable? around 8K security deposit in total ... and i was told the 0.00126 is not possible the best rate is 0.0016 even with MSD,0.0015 with auto pay.the reason is because I'm buying E550 not E350.

• qball11qball11 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014

Hi Guys

I'm Looking for the money factor/residual for an 2014 E350 RWD Sedan for 27 months at both 7.5K/10K and at 36 Months at both 7.5K and 10K (with Autopay in Southern California).

Much appreciated!

@mmmoga said:
    hi everyone i got offer for E550 from dealer that i can use 10 security deposit to get the rate from 0.00220 to 0.0015 with autopay, is that reasonable? around 8K security deposit in total ... and i was told the 0.00126 is not possible the best rate is 0.0016 even with MSD,0.0015 with auto pay.the reason is because I'm buying E550 not E350.

That's right... you can't get the .00126 MF on the E550. So, Mercedes just gives a discount of .00005 for each SD? Still, probably worth it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@qball11 said:
    Hi Guys

I'm Looking for the money factor/residual for an 2014 E350 RWD Sedan for 27 months at both 7.5K/10K and at 36 Months at both 7.5K and 10K (with Autopay in Southern California).

Much appreciated!

.00126 MF (w/AutoPay) and 69%/68% residual for 27 months.. 61%/60% for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2014

really appreciated. this is my first time leasing~ hopefully can get the deal done this week.
    Normally the higher MSRP I should get more discount right?
    I don't know how much they should come down for each SD, they say the maximum i can go is 10 SD to get it 0.0015 with autopay.
    should I ask more?

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    That's right... you can't get the .00126 MF on the E550. So, Mercedes just gives a discount of .00005 for each SD? Still, probably worth it.

I'm not sure what the discount is for each SD in Mercedes MSD program. If it is indeed .00005 for each SD, then you are as low as you can go, most likely.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• magpie12magpie12 Member Posts: 5

Could you please give the current money factor and residual percentages for a 2014 e350 cabriolet sport package? We are looking for 3 years at 10k per year. Also, what are security deposits or other means of lowering fess? We will use autopay. Thanks.

• appulsauceappulsauce Member Posts: 7

Could you please tell me if I relieved a good offer here? Or, what do I need to ask for?
    This Is for a custom order e350c4.
    65.5k msrp
    59.6k sale price
    .00127 MF
    59% rv
    36 month
    10k miles a year
    Sign and drive. Nothing due except first month payment at time of delivery.
    741 per month including everything.

Thanks.

@magpie12 said:
    Could you please give the current money factor and residual percentages for a 2014 e350 cabriolet sport package? We are looking for 3 years at 10k per year. Also, what are security deposits or other means of lowering fess? We will use autopay. Thanks.

.00118 MF and 59% residual.

I don't think you can use the MSD program with Mercedes with a subvented money factor. Only with the standard money factor. AutoPay should lower the MF to .00108

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@appulsauce said:
    Could you please tell me if I relieved a good offer here? Or, what do I need to ask for?
    65.5k msrp
    59.6k sale price
    .00127 MF
    59% rv
    36 month
    10k miles a year

Thanks.

Those are all the base rates..and a low selling price, so the deal looks great. Their advertised sign and drive lease on $59K msrp E350C4 is $764/mo. for the same term... and, that doesn't include tax.... so, you are killing it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@appulsauce said:
    65.5k msrp
    59.6k sale price
    .00127 MF
    59% rv
    36 month
    10k miles a year

Thanks.

The lease cannot be written until they have a VIN for the car....so be careful that the price they quote today will be the price you will pay when the car arrives.

This discussion has been closed.