Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Piling on the Praise - 2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Mazda
imagePiling on the Praise - 2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

What is so special about the 2014 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring? Edmunds says it delivers driving excitement unlike anything else in the compact economy class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    7driver7driver Member Posts: 145

Silver really doesn't suit this car, at least not in this particular picture.

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021

I like the front end very much, but the sharp slope of the rear hatch needlessly compromises utility.

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599

It would be interesting to hear read some comments comparing this car to something like the CLA you have in the LT fleet or an A3 or ILX or other premium compacts. Clearly the Mazda3 will come up short in a number of areas. Those are all entry level luxury vehicles. But they also trade on a reputation for sporty characteristics and I wonder how the Mazda stacks up against them in that regard.

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

I don't know about piling on the praise - if it deserves it, then it deserves it...but you have 18 LT vehicles, yet 3 of the past 18 posts have been on the Mazda3. 3 of the past 18 have been on the Rogue. Nothing on the new diesel Ram, which is a pretty revolutionary vehicle in the marketplace right now. Maybe you could spread it around a bit more.

• Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234

I really like the Mazda3 as well but the prices seem high compared to mainstream midsized cars like the Camry SE.

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599

@yellowbal said:
    I really like the Mazda3 as well but the prices seem high compared to mainstream midsized cars like the Camry SE.

You would be comparing an upper trim Mazda3 and a lower trim Camry. There will always be some overlap there.

• Options
    shepskishepski Member Posts: 45

Looks so damn good? Although a major aesthetic improvement over the previous car (at least with regard to its clown-smile face), and very premium-looking in its detailing, something is just off with the proportions - the more I see it, the less I like it. While it's probably a better car, it's not in the same league styling-wise as the Focus and Forte.

• Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150

I'm typically a hatchback person, but I do think the proportions of the 3 sedan are more attractive.

• Options
    herrstreetherrstreet Member Posts: 27

If they could find a way to trim 6 inches of front overhang, this would be a beautiful car. As it is, the car has nice angles and more than a few odd ones. It's also priced in GTI territory and I'm sorry, nice car but the GTI is on another level.