Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305

@sjrbluth said:
    This is my first time leasing. I'm looking for the numbers of the current MF and residual on the Santa Fe Limited AWD 2014 in New York. 12k miles/36 months. Thanks!

.00047 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    krell1krell1 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014

Do you have a current mf and residual for a Santa Fe Sport Turbo for a 42 month lease with 12k annual mileage with tech package if that affects it any.I'm in Utah

• Options

@krell1 said:
    Do you have a current mf and residual for a Santa Fe Sport Turbo for a 42 month lease with 12k annual mileage with tech package if that affects it any.I'm in Utah

.00020 and 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    allroadangerallroadanger Member Posts: 81

@sjrbluth said:
    This is my first time leasing. I'm looking for the numbers of the current MF and residual on the Santa Fe Limited AWD 2014 in New York. 12k miles/36 months. Thanks!

I am looking for same car in 2WD in NJ with same specs, how does that affect MF and Resid
    Thx

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

.00034 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@kyfdx said:

What about MF and Residual on GLS? Dealer is telling me that the .00034 is Limited only and that the GLS is .00010, also that $750 incentive is not on a lease but on a purchase
    Thx in advance

• Options

@allroadanger said:
    Thx in advance

i can confirm that the MF is .00010 for the GLS and there is no lease cash. 36/12 residual for FWD GLS is 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    riskiad1riskiad1 Member Posts: 1

Could you provide the July MF and Residual, 36 months, 15K/year, for the GLS and Limited? Thanks!

• Options

@riskiad1 said:
    Could you provide the July MF and Residual, 36 months, 15K/year, for the GLS and Limited? Thanks!

No July numbers yet from Hyundai. Sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Ok so two more questions.
    1. I received a generic email from a dealer, once I requested pricing and it jived what I come up with for a GLS base Santa Fe. I touch base with dealer who then sends me a quote with about $100 more per month (36). He says car comes from factory with all the small dumb accessories I don't want. How do I get it the way I want?
    2. I cannot get a dealership to do the number based on all calcs I use to come up with a monthly. They just wont budge, tried last day of month, trying this weekend with holiday. If I do more monthly I know I am just padding their $. Will I just have to know I am leaving money on the table, that kills me? Thx

• Options

Have you tried another dealership?

Also, sometimes it pays to walk the lot at the dealerships and see exactly what configurations they have. No point in negotiating for a car that doesn't exist or that they can't get.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Yes have walked many lots. It looks like in my area they are loading the cars up (saw a Limited for $41 k last night). Also so far in about 10 calls they all come equipped with the "dumb" options cargo net/cargo tray/first aid kit/wheel locks/bumper applique. This group of acc seems to be on EVERY one and it adds about $1100 to price of car, everyone should keep this in mind when looking. I may just have to eat this and negotiate it down. Are MF and resid numbers out yet (GLS 2WD 36M 12K in Jersey)

• Options

@allroadanger said:
    Yes have walked many lots. It looks like in my area they are loading the cars up (saw a Limited for $41 k last night). Also so far in about 10 calls they all come equipped with the "dumb" options cargo net/cargo tray/first aid kit/wheel locks/bumper applique. This group of acc seems to be on EVERY one and it adds about $1100 to price of car, everyone should keep this in mind when looking. I may just have to eat this and negotiate it down. Are MF and resid numbers out yet (GLS 2WD 36M 12K in Jersey)

Still waiting for the July numbers from Hyundai ... hopefully early next week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

So I had a dealer on Sat. tell me once I was done looking locally that most people come to their dealership after being fed up and work a deal w/them. With MF/Resid, MSRP and AMEX pricing, along with lease calc online I come up with $240.00 per month on 36mos/12K with $2k out of pocket. Dealer comes back with: As you'll see from the link- Santa Fe Leasing is starting at $299 a month with $3k Down. Now, that is based on a MSRP of $30k, obviously our selling price to you for this vehicle will be cheaper than that so will bring the payment down.
    And this is the best conversation I have had with about 20 dealers within a 75 mile radius to me. Do I just hold out or what, my feet hurt from this dance.

• Options

FWIW
    one of the Hyundai dealers tells me today that a July's info on a 2014 GLS base Santa Fe has a .00022 MF (.00010 June) and a resid of 57% (58% June)

• Options

How does a manuf determine MF and Resid? I am assuming resid is based on how many units sold previous month??? These two changed from june to July and it increased a monthly payment by $20 Any help to understand would be appreciated

• Options

@allroadanger said:
    How does a manuf determine MF and Resid? I am assuming resid is based on how many units sold previous month??? These two changed from june to July and it increased a monthly payment by $20 Any help to understand would be appreciated

I'm sure all sorts of business criteria are used. Unsold inventory, production schedules, competitive pricing. Sometimes, it doesn't make sense, just because they get it wrong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chris58chris58 Member Posts: 35

Looking for MF and residual on Santa Fe Sport FWD; 36 months; and both 12K and 15K; in NY.

Thanks very much.

• Options

@chris58 said:
    Looking for MF and residual on Santa Fe Sport FWD; 36 months; and both 12K and 15K; in NY.

Thanks very much.

2.4 or 2.0T?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@Michaell said:
    2.4 or 2.0T?

2.4 please. Thanks!

• Options

@Michaell said:
    2.4 or 2.0T?

Also, what is a good guideline for negotiating the selling price? MSRP; $500 less than MSRP; $2,000 less than MSRP; a percentage off of a MSRP?

Thanks for your help with this.

• Options

@chris58 said:

Thanks very much.
    @chris58 said:
    2.4 please. Thanks!

.00036 MF and 56%/54% residual. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@chris58 said:
    Looking for MF and residual on Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.4; 36 months; and both 12K and 15K; in NY.

Also, what is a good guideline for negotiating the selling price? MSRP; $500 less than MSRP; $2,000 less than MSRP; a percentage off of a MSRP?

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help determine the appropriate selling price for your zip code. A decent rule is to start at the invoice price (or just above), then subtract any incentives that are available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    top_sealtop_seal Member Posts: 13

Can you list the July MF and Residual on a 36mo/12k lease for GLS AWD with Prem pkg. Also if different with added Tech pkg? In the previous posts, it seems the MF might be 0.00022, but that corresponds to 0.53% and seems shockingly low.

• Options

@top_seal said:
    Can you list the July MF and Residual on a 36mo/12k lease for GLS AWD with Prem pkg. Also if different with added Tech pkg? In the previous posts, it seems the MF might be 0.00022, but that corresponds to 0.53% and seems shockingly low.

.00016 MF and 58% residual.

.00022 MF was for the FWD model.

And, yet.. that's very low... but, not atypical.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

That's great. Through Truecar.com, the dealer quoted $32,094 selling price on MSRP of $36485 and $21,161.30 residual so pre-tax monthly should be about $304 with no money down. I am waiting for the dealer to give me their lease numbers to begin the battle.

Are the MF or Residual different for the GLS AWD with Tech Pkge? I realize it adds a few thousand to the price, but think it could be affordable with a decent residual and MF.

• Options

@top_seal said:
    That's great. Through Truecar.com, the dealer quoted $32,094 selling price on MSRP of $36485 and $21,161.30 residual so pre-tax monthly should be about $304 with no money down. I am waiting for the dealer to give me their lease numbers to begin the battle.

Are the MF or Residual different for the GLS AWD with Tech Pkge? I realize it adds a few thousand to the price, but think it could be affordable with a decent residual and MF.

No difference in either MF or RV based on what packages are included.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

The battle has been delayed. Turns out the first two dealers with the lowest Truecar.com prices don't have the car in inventory - they are awaiting shipments due in the next month. The Hyundai website let's you sort cars on the lot vs in shipment, but that is not fully accurate as I found some dealers had cars not listed. Finally, I was told be a dealer that the "in-shipment" cars have a different stock number (seems to start EUxxxxx vs xxxxxxH). I am looking at Pathfinders and Highlanders now.

• Options
    garden54garden54 Member Posts: 27

Can anyone tell me what the best lease they've received in Northern/Central NJ for a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe...4 or 6 cyl; leather, nav and sunroof; no money down and 12K miles yearly??

• Options
    harringjharringj Member Posts: 2

Hi... I have not leased before but was offered following lease by Hyundai dealer: Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.4 w/ Premium Equip package, Popular Equip package & Tech package. $2379 (includes 1st mo pay) down & $379 /mo for 35 mos. since I have not leased before... Want to make sure price is in the ballpark. Thank you.

• Options
    harringjharringj Member Posts: 2

Sorry... I'm in SE Massachusetts

• Options

@harringj said:
    Hi... I have not leased before but was offered following lease by Hyundai dealer: Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.4 w/ Premium Equip package, Popular Equip package & Tech package. $2379 (includes 1st mo pay) down & $379 /mo for 35 mos. since I have not leased before... Want to make sure price is in the ballpark. Thank you.

What is the MSRP and selling price? How many miles per year? How much of the $2379 is going to cap cost reduction (aka down payment)?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Need to confirm the July MF and Residual on a 36mo/12k lease for both (no prem or tech pkgs) in NJ
    GLS
    Limited
    Both 2WD

AllRoadAnger

• Options

@allroadanger said:
    Need to confirm the July MF and Residual on a 36mo/12k lease for both (no prem or tech pkgs) in NJ
    GLS
    Limited
    Both 2WD

AllRoadAnger

.00022 MF and 57% for the GLS

.00043 MF and 55% for the Limited

$500 lease cash on either.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thx kyfdx

• Options
    renflrenfl Member Posts: 2

Just came from a Hyundai dealership. What is the MF and residual in south Florida on Santa FE Sport 2.4 on a 36mth lease for 12k and 15k miles. Does the package matter? If so, can I get them for the Popular and Premium package.

• Options

@renfl said:
    Just came from a Hyundai dealership. What is the MF and residual in south Florida on Santa FE Sport 2.4 on a 36mth lease for 12k and 15k miles. Does the package matter? If so, can I get them for the Popular and Premium package.

FWD? .00036 MF and 56%/54% residual. $500 lease cash.

Packages do not impact the lease numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    renflrenfl Member Posts: 2

Should have mentioned two wheel drive.

• Options

@renfl said:
    Should have mentioned two wheel drive.

The numbers @Michaell quoted are for 2WD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cbdryancbdryan Member Posts: 1

What is the July MF and residual in Colorado (Denver) on Santa Fe Limited AWD with Tech package on a 36mth lease for 10k, 12k and 15k miles? Thanks!

• Options

@cbdryan said:
    What is the July MF and residual in Colorado (Denver) on Santa Fe Limited AWD with Tech package on a 36mth lease for 10k, 12k and 15k miles? Thanks!

.00055 and 54% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12k. Hyundai doesn't offer 10 k lease numbers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Just some friendly info- If you are in the market for a Santa Fe GLS (big one) Base with Port options only, 2wd or AWD without Premium or Technology pkgs., they are almost impossible to find. When and if you do, your dealer may try and swap a car with that dealer but so far I have had 3 dealers get told they are not moving base models for even fully loaded SFs. Apparently the base models are more desirable then loaded. I had to put money down on a base model that is still out at sea on its way in from S. Korea, just to secure it. Car seems to be very hot right now!

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

@allroadanger, feel free to pop in over here if you know anything about the 2015s. Thanks!

• Options
    lauraleex603lauraleex603 Member Posts: 15

Looking for numbers in NH for 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.4L AWD, 36/39 months w 12k & 15k/year. Thanks

• Options

@lauraleex603 said:
    Looking for numbers in NH for 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.4L AWD, 36/39 months w 12k & 15k/year. Thanks

36/12 - .00070 and 57%

39/12 - .00085 and 55%

Deduct 2% for 15K; $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dimakorendimakoren Member Posts: 23

Looking for numbers in NY for 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0L Turbo AWD with Tech and Navi Packages, 36/39 months w 12k & 15k/year. Thanks

• Options
    edited August 2014

@dimakoren said:
    Looking for numbers in NY for 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0L Turbo AWD with Tech and Navi Packages, 36/39 months w 12k & 15k/year. Thanks

36/12 - .00019 and 57%

39/12 - .00035 and 55%

Deduct 2% for 15K. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mts1980mts1980 Member Posts: 9

What is the residual value and MF for a lease in FL on a Santa Fe limited (no tech package, FWD)? 36 months/12K per year. Thank you in advance.

• Options

@mts1980 said:
    What is the residual value and MF for a lease in FL on a Santa Fe limited (no tech package, FWD)? 36 months/12K per year. Thank you in advance.

.00043 and 55%. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mobujenmobujen Member Posts: 10

Hello,

We've decided to lease a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS (LWB) with AWD. The vehicle is fully loaded with an MSRP of 40,480.

If you have the August numbers for this model, can I get the MF and Residual? The terms would be 36 months at 12k mile per year. Also, Can I apply the $1000 bonus cash to a Hyundai lease or is it only the lease cash?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

This discussion has been closed.