Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• tristanwutristanwu Member Posts: 2

I got a OTD Price for CRV 2WD LX, $ 22449, is it a good price? I lives in CA.

Thanks

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

@gs_stl said:
    Brian, this forum is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can't believe I almost bought a new Accord before I found this! I am looking to buy a 2014 Accord EX-L V6 sedan in the St. Louis area. TrueCar gives me a price of $27,700 right now (no options included), but that is only $1,100 below dealer invoice (includes $790 destination, the $278 in "regional fees", and the dealer admin/doc fees are $199. Hoping to buy in the next few days since it's month-end and hoping to get a deal around $27,000 or so. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. (currently talking to West County Honda and Frank Leta Honda).

Apply what I've been saying................ you will do a lot better than 1100 below dealers invoice. This week is a great time to buy a Accord. Start with 15 or 20 emails to dealerships letting each dealership know I will buy today for xxx price.. be firm and hold out til the last days of this month if need be.. Use true car as a guide. Most buyers are getting 1100 below in your area that go thru that service.. You will do better. Get the butter so you could spread it on your bread after you negotiate a monster deal..... Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited June 2014

@tristanwu said:

I got a OTD Price for CRV 2WD LX, $ 22449, is it a good price? I lives in CA.

Thanks

Read thru prior posts to learn info and post the correct pricing info. re-post your numbers in the CRV forum Not the Accord forum. I will look at your numbers over there.

• jhutxjhutx Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014

Thanks

• jhutxjhutx Member Posts: 3

@Michaell said:
    I agree with Brian, but want to add that selection is better now than it will be in a couple of months. If you are looking for a specific color combination, buy now.

Thank you Brian and Michaell for the advice. I will take a 1-month vacation in July. I like the deals now, but not sure if I want to rush the purchase and put my new car in garage idle for a month. From historical perspective and past experience, is the price likely to go up or down in Aug/Sept?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@jhutx said:

My best educated guess is that prices might be slightly better, but selection will be thin - if you have to have a particular color combo, at now before they are all gone.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tm_014tm_014 Member Posts: 3

I'm looking to purchase the accord EX or EX-L. I'm having a hard time coming up with the differences between the two.

In my research the only difference between the two is leather and more gizmos. I'm not sure if the leather will be worth the up charge.

How does the cloth hold up in the EX, does it collect a lot of dirt/lint/etc? I currently have a 2002 Altima and the black cloth is a lint/dirt trap.

I have gotten quotes for both for the EX-L OTD is 27,585 includes TTL for the EX 25,032 which includes TTL.

The sales price is under invoice and appears to be good just wanted to run it past others before I make a deal.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

The cloth is fine.. If the gizmos (power seats?) don't interest you, then I would certainly take a pass on the EX-L

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dhighsmithdhighsmith Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014

Awesome resource, thanks Brian and everyone for their inputs.

I purchased a 14 Accord EX-L V6 coupe and wanted to run the deal by you. I think I got a decent deal, not great but good (I hope).

State is Georgia. Vehicle (including accessories, delivery, and installation charges) - 28658.29. Administrative service fee (doc) - 598. TAV tax - 1452.94. Total cash sales price - 30709.23.

Not sure if it matters but the car has navigation.

The taxes are lower as there was a trade. The trade sold for 8K with a payoff of 1373.95 for a gain of 6626.05 applied to the total sales price.

Earlier around June 1 another poster asked about essentially the same car, a V6 coupe with nav and 6sp manual. He offered his selling price and your comments were informative and made complete sense.

However, you never really answered whether or not he got a good deal. It seemed by your response that he didn't do to great because of the limited appeal of the manual trans.

• kollakolla Member Posts: 4

Brian,
    I am glad to see many people being helped on the price for Accord. I am planning to buy a Honda Accord EX-L in Houston Area here is one of the price I got and they agreed to take the price down to 27K , please let me know if that is good price.

YOUR SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE
    $23,910.00

DESTINATION CHARGE
    $790.00

ACCESSORIES

$ 499.00
    PAINT & INTERIOR PROTECTION

$ 299.00

SUB TOTAL
    $ 25,498.00

STATE SALES TAX
    $ 1,593.63
    DEALER DOCUMENTARY FEE
    $ 150.00
    VEHICLE STATE INSPECTION FEE

$ 39.50

LICENSE$ TITLE

$ 99.55

DEALER'S INVENTORY TAX

$ 54.95

CASH BALANCE ON VEHICLE

$ 27,435.63

LIFETIME WINDOW TINT
    SPLASH GUARDS
    WHEEL LOCKS
    CARGO TRAY
    DOOR EDGE GUARDS
    NITROGEN

• sid_81sid_81 Member Posts: 3

Hi Kolla, Which dealer did you get the quote from . I am in the houston area and am looking to buy as well.

• toad37toad37 Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm trying to find a good dealer in the San Diego or Seattle area. Looking for a 2014 Sport with CVT for $20,900 before TTL. Manly Honda in Santa Rosa, CA will do it, but logistically I just can't make it work.
    Thanks for any tips,
    Toad

dhighsmith

I cant answer your price question with certainty.. You combined two items in your price without mention of what they are or price you paid for them.. If you breakdown your deal with agreed selling price before accessories and prices with accessories and installation charge I could comment.

I believe I did not comment on the other posters accord coupe deal because he ignored what I was telling him and purchased at a much higher price then just waiting 2 or 3 weeks getting dealership's involved in the price wars. Or it may have been a time frame factor for him. ..Your vehicle is a supply and demand vehicle with a lot of dealers. Pricing will not be as good as the standard accords. .

@kolla said:
    Brian,
    I am glad to see many people being helped on the price for Accord. I am planning to buy a Honda Accord EX-L in Houston Area here is one of the price I got and they agreed to take the price down to 27K , please let me know if that is good price.

YOUR SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE
    $23,910.00

DESTINATION CHARGE
    $790.00

ACCESSORIES

$ 499.00
    PAINT & INTERIOR PROTECTION

$ 299.00

SUB TOTAL
    $ 25,498.00

STATE SALES TAX
    $ 1,593.63
    DEALER DOCUMENTARY FEE
    $ 150.00

consideration of doc fee's of 150. the 299 charge? and a 64 dollar balance 499 - 435 This is really not a bad deal.

figure trunk tray or mat = 90

splash guards are................65

tint ................................ 100

The rest of the stuff is nonsense Nitrogen, and protectors for paint and interior..

• joezajewjoezajew Member Posts: 1

I want to thank @brian125 for his excellent advice. I just closed a deal on 2014 accord ex-l sedan, 4cyl w/o navi + trunk tray (approx $100 invoice) + floormats (approx $100 invoice).

I paid $24,650 + $150 accessories + $300 doc fee ($25,100) at Autosport in NJ (George no longer works there, btw. Kristal is the new internet sales mgr. I closed the deal with Jane and Terry since Kristal was off when I made the offer). These guys were straight up and didn't play games.

For those who are still looking to close a deal, I offer what transpired during my search and negotiations:

1) Per Brian's advice, I did my homework. I called up dealerships near and far and asked if they still had flex cash left and what their document fees were. Many dealers cited that the flex cash program has been discontinued by some mentioned that dealer cash incentives exists (same difference i suppose?). Some dealerships refused to answer my questions and tried to give me the run-around (I'm looking at you, Open Road Honda).

At the same time, I asked for a few quotes to get a feel for the current market rates.

By far, the best quote I received on the car w/o accessories was from Honda Cars of Boston in MA (Samantha is the internet sales mgr). Their quote was $24,461 + $300 doc fees. I would've jumped at this if it weren't for the fact that I had to drive 4 hrs to pick up the car. For this reason, I decided to allow an extra $100 to my initial offer as "travel avoidance".

2) I pre-drafted all the e-mails to all the dealerships, adjusting the offer price depending on their doc fees. I modified Brian's e-mail from a previous post to suite my situation.

My target price which varied per dealership was the result of the following formula:
    Invoice - 2000 - Doc fees + $100 Travel avoidance + $200 accessories @ invoice.

A word of caution: many of the dealerships did not read properly that my price included the accessories. I highly suggest making an offer for the accessories on a separate line item to avoid confusion.

3) The results:
    Autosport was the first dealership to come to the table directly and say "we can do business". They however, added on another $304 to the total for the accessories. I called and explained how I arrived at my price and told them they if they split the difference, they would get the sale at that moment. They agreed.

Open Road, after a few back and forth emails, was willing to accept my offer if I took delivery of the car on the same day. Since I agreed to Autosport already, I told them I already had a dealership accept my offer and thanked them for their time (IMO, reneging on an offer when the difference is so small is bad business)

Other dealshersips declined, didn't come close on their counteroffer, or started trying to add pro packs and other nonsense.

I hope my experience will help you negotiate the best deal you can on your new car purchase. You can PM me if you have any questions. I started my search as nervous and not confidence as this is the first new car purchase I've ever made. Thanks to this forum and their members (especially @brian125), I gained the confidence to negotiate on my own terms and now am the proud new owner of a new accord ex-l.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

You don't need paint and interior protection--so scratch that (no pun intended) :)

edited June 2014

joezajew

A 1st time buyer nails it.. Way to go JOE

EXCELLENT Post...................... This should help the other members. By you emailing and being direct with what you want in your emails will lead to getting the best possible deal.

The NY / NJ, CT area is some of the hardest states for receiving prices like we see in MA, MD, DC, VA. CA, etc.

Sometimes it may take another month to reach your target price . By getting several dealers involved helps the cause.

• dhighsmithdhighsmith Member Posts: 2

Sorry Brian, should have done a better job of laying out the numbers. Armed with the bill of sale and the window sticker, let me try it again :)

14 EXL coupe V6 6MT with nav. State is Georgia. No accessories, bone stock. Total MSRP was $33190, that includes the 790 destination and handling. What they sold the vehicle to me for, before any other factors such as doc, tax, trade, ect., was 28658. That figure also includes the 790 D & H. The doc fee was 598, my taxes were 1452, so the total sales price I owed for the car (OTD) came to 30709. Putting nothing down, that is the amount I would have to finance.

I did have a trade however, and that resulted in my taxes being what they were instead of a number like 2K. The trade sold for 8K and the payoff was 1373. The gain was applied to the car using the 0.9% Honda credit. Thanks for your help!

• raulo1496raulo1496 Member Posts: 7
    Hey guys! Been reading through the forum the last couple days and it has been really helpful. Sounds like people are getting great deals. I am looking to purchase an accord ex-l w/o navigation in the jacksonville/st augustine, fl area.

I am a member of USAA and heard great things on their car buying service. I submitted my information to them and they sent me three dealerships with starting sales prices. All theses prices include the 790 destination fee

1. Sales price $26701 plus doc fees of $699.

2. Sales price $25401 plus doc fees of $898.

3. Sales price $25601 plus doc fees of $698.

These prices do not included any dealer added accessories at this time because I haven't gotten that far. I was just wanting to get an idea of the things I should ask for as I start to email with these dealers. Any idea of what buyers are getting under invoice in my area? Should I set a sales price low enough to recoup doc fees or set the bar even lower?

I am not in any hurry to buy, but I am just putting feelers out to see what kind of deal I could get at the end of this month/quarter.

Thanks for all you help!
    edited June 2014

Read above posting from @joezajew. If he can get a great deal...... you could too.

Your target price should fall in between 1500 to 2000 below invoice after you take into consideration the dealers VERY high doc/ admin fee's. plenty of good deals in florida.

Auto-nation, Coggin, is where the deals are good.

Duval and lucas are also by you in Jacksonville, have not heard of anyone buying from either of these two dealers. Shoot both emails with your target price to buy and any accessoreis you want not dealer installed down your throat accesories....

being time is on your side your emails to all dealers should be starting at 1800 to 2000 below invoice with each dealerships doc fee/ admin fee added to this price. Make sure in your emails to each internet managers dealership they know.... MEET my price today you have a sale. Otherwise i'm shopping my price til i get it or very close to it. You can work off these numbers well into july going right to months end.. you will come close if not hit your target mark..

Good Luck

edited June 2014

As dealerships stock and inventory dwindle you will notice dealers adding accessorie packages like mentioned above for 1600 dollars to alot more of there vehicles on there lots. 1600 accessorie is a high one most dealers put a 800 dollar pck together to make 4 to 600 more dollars on you.. Dealers will accomadate your price of 1600 , 1800/ 2000 below invoice price fully knowing they took back 3/4 of the full value of a Acc. pk plus there doc fee/ admin fee. Its all a game of give and take from these dealers. You just need to know your way around this so you could get the best possible price. Let the Honda dealers get over on the Un-educated buyers ..................NOT You

Stock on the 2014 models are not yet depleted. Thats why you need to get as many dealerships involved as your willing to travel to. This will help you with pricing and model options / color.

Members should take notice and post at there buying deaslership how much stock/ inventory there is on the 2014 models at your buying dealerships lot.......... It will help us all.

Make sure you give back to this forum if you purchase a vehicle.. if you tell us joe's honda has great pricing but the staff is terrible helps all of us.. Or the sales guys are wearing suits from 20 years ago. its all good................. Post it.. The more info we are armed with prior to our sale will help get the best possible price.

True story:

We had a old timer selling cars in a NJ dealership. He had his grandkids all over his desk. When i heard from one buyer his grandkids were funny looking i mentioned to one buyer if you go into this dealership and negotiate with Ed make sure you rave about his grandkids and he is so blessed blah, blah, blah, Turns out Ed was a softie about his grandkids and deals with him were very good at months end. He looked out for his customers. He told one of our members not to take the extended warranty it was not worth it. He told another member to stand firm on his offer his mgr. will give in..

BTW........... Ed his family, grandkids are blessed anyway regardless.

Thanks Brian I appreciate all your insight. I went to Honda of the Avenues yesterday to test drive cars to make sure I knew exactly what I wanted before I started emailing dealers. It was ridiculous the amount of dealer add on accessories they had. MSRP was marked up 1800 from 29060 to 30900 just for the protection pack.(mud guards, nitrogen, trunk tray and floor mat trays). This was already on all the accords there.

Is invoice price the same at all locations or in my email do I just ask for 2000 off invoice? Also just to confirm does this 2000 take into affect the doc fees or do I ask for an additional 900 off to recoup this cost?

I assume since the doc fees are high I should start in the 23500 to 24000 range?

I know you have been asked these questions before and I tried to sift through the pages again to see, but could not find it quickly. Thanks again for all your help and sorry for all the questions!
    edited June 2014

This new format is terrible finding old posts.. Edmunds needs to have each post numbered for a quick reference.. Put it right underneath each members name or along the far right side to View.

Invoice price is the same at every dealership. add doc/admin fee to your target price. some are 899 some are 699 adjust accordingly.

your email should state your model, color and any options you want. If you want no options make it known. All emails should state xxx below invoice price i buy today.. This price should excludes any rebates and incentives.. then dealer can add the taxes , tags , doc fee, or admin fee, etc. Dont forget dealer will add the 790 destanation charge onto your agreed sale price and Not before. That is your job to be make sure dealer dont pull a fast one........... OR your deal will be a 790 less loss.

go back a page or to and use my sample email to all dealers int. mgr. take the main content put it in your own wording and your off and running.. When a dealership reads a email with this content they know your not a walk in Moron and either they make a play for your business or they know they will lose you. Either way you win and avoid the BS dealers that play games

Thanks Brian! I appreciate all your help. I will keep the board updated as I work through negotiations. I plan to send out a bunch of emails tonight to dealers within a 100 mile radius.

Sorry to be redundant, but I just want to make sure I get this right. You do not ask for an exact amount in your email? You just ask for 2500(where I will start) below invoice? Edmunds shows the invoice price at 27038. Should I not just ask for a sale price of 24500 including destination fee? I think I'll start at 2500 below invoice since all the doc fees around here seem pretty high. I don't think I care for any of the dealer added accessories unless you guys really think some of them are worth it.

Thanks again for all the help. I promise these are the last questions for today:)
  • accdguy13accdguy13 Member Posts: 30

I bought a left over 2013 Accord EXL coupe with navi last month, (yes, some 2013's are still out there) for 5800.00 off MSRP. MSRP is $30,860 including destination - paid $25,000 before taxes / fees. $3292.00 below invoice.

edited June 2014

Once you nail down a target price you then ask that dealer for all the Otd pricing. OTD pricing consists of ... doc fee/ admin fee, taxes , tags etc.. Taxes and dmv fee's are regulated by each state. Most OTD pricing have small charges like a Internet fee or a Tire fee. etc. That should be it.

• pn_zoopn_zoo Member Posts: 1

Brian,
    Thank you so much for your insight, comments, and suggestions. Three weeks ago, my 1996 Camry (which I had for 15 ½ years and had 257,000 miles) died. Over the years, knowing this day was coming, I narrowed my next car down to an Accord LX. I didn’t have a lot of time (which I made sure the dealer did not know) since we were down to 1 car, with 3 kids and I work 30 miles away. If all things are close to equal, I prefer to buy local. I like our local dealership and they gave me a 2012 to test for 2 days and a 2014 to test for another 2 days. After test driving both, I decided on the 2014.

My initial research seemed to indicate $500 under invoice would be an unusually low price. Then I found this forum. The bottom line is your $1200-$2000 below invoice target gave me the confidence to negotiate. With your information and my contact with dealers from up to 100 miles away, I figured I could get between $1500 to $1750 below invoice. Negotiating took less than an hour and the final price was $1,500 below invoice. The key for me was remembering that I could leave at any time and that, no matter what the sales people say, they aren’t losing money on the deal. At one point, I got up to leave, telling them that there are dozens of new LXs for sale within 100 miles, and they could call me if they changed their mind. I barely got out of the chair before they dropped the price again. Just to show how easy it is to get an LX, it took them less than 14 hours to get the LX with the colors we wanted.

I know it’s not the very best deal possible, but I am very pleased. It was done within 12 days from the Camry dying, it was the exact Accord we wanted (including exterior and interior colors), it was about $1000.00 better than I would have gotten without this forum, and it was purchased locally.
    Thanks again.

edited June 2014

pn-zoo.... Your Camry has done a great job . 257k wow.

You have done well on your new deal.................... thanks for posting.

Enjoy your new vehicle..

• accordatlaccordatl Member Posts: 6

Hi Brian,

I got my Accord LX here in Atlanta for OTD 21500. Here is the break up -

MSRP Internet Price $23.545.00
    2014 Honda Accord Lx Sedan : $19.379.00
    Dealer Fees: 598.00
    Electronic Filing fee: 00.00
    T.A.V.T.: $1.482.00
    GAWRA/ Title / Tag: 41.00
    TOTAL Drive out is: $21.500.00.

I checked with all the dealers and no one was ready for anything less than 21600 OTD, buy or leave...so I feel I got a good deal.

• tuccitucci Member Posts: 2

Hi Brian, what dealers give the best deals in South Florida tri-county (broward/palm beach/miami)?

not sure............. email all of them.

@accordatl said:
    Hi Brian,

I got my Accord LX here in Atlanta for OTD 21500. Here is the break up -

MSRP Internet Price $23.545.00
    2014 Honda Accord Lx Sedan : $19.379.00
    Dealer Fees: 598.00
    Electronic Filing fee: 00.00
    T.A.V.T.: $1.482.00
    GAWRA/ Title / Tag: 41.00
    TOTAL Drive out is: $21.500.00.

I checked with all the dealers and no one was ready for anything less than 21600 OTD, buy or leave...so I feel I got a good deal.

1642 below invoice is a good deal after doc fee's are considered........... Nice job

• abro74abro74 Member Posts: 16

Hi Brian! I've read your advice of negotiating 1200-1800 below invoice. I'm just curious (just in case I'm asked by dealership) how does the dealer make his/ her money since invoice is the price that the dealer pays for the car. I'm clueless. I'm looking to buy a 2014 Accord EX-L within a few months and I live in MD.
    Also want to ask if you get the hard drive without tHe navi? That's the main reason I would want the navi.
    Having said that, any advice on price for this? (Ie 2014 Accord EX-L). Thank you.

• genyoung7genyoung7 Member Posts: 1

Hi Brian,

Is this a good deal?

2014 accord lx
    -18,988, includes destination charge.
    -doc fees: $80
    -TTL: $1791

Thanks for your help!!

• jzjzjzjz Member Posts: 1

Hi, Brian:
    Just want to thank you and all for the information in this forum. Just bought an Accord LX sedan CVT base configuration from Anderson Honda at Palo Alto, CA, for $18988+TTL. The document fee is only $80 so the OTD price is just below $21K (had to pay cash). Used your advise of waiting until the end of month, and used edmunds price promise and truecar.com to get several quotes from dealers in both LA and SF areas. The prices quoted were all above $19300+TTL. And then got an email with the above price yesterday and knowing from this forum that this is a good price, drove up there right away and made the purchase. Thanks.

Hey Brian I want to say thanks for all your help yesterday. I spent the night sending out emails like you recommended and I have been getting bombarded all day with offers. So far my best offer is with Lucas Honda here in Jacksonville. Let me know if this sounds like a good deal.

Accord ex-l w/o navigation:
    Sales price $24850.10 includes destination fee and appearance protection package mud guards,trunk tray, nitrogen etc.
    Dealer fees are $898 and he said this fee is all inclusive of everything. No other fees except tax, tag and title.

I could also get 1.9% financing from Honda.

Assuming their are no other hidden fees or surprises when I'm in the dealership do you think this is a good deal?

I am looking to buy within the next two months so I can wait if you think better deals are out there.

I could also contact the salesman I worked with over the weekend during my test drives and see if he can beat the price.

Thanks for your help!
  • abro74abro74 Member Posts: 16

Hi Brian! Just curious if you saw my previous comment/ question. Looking to buy 2014 Accord EX-L (or EX-L with navi). I live in MD (Baltimore area). Any suggestions? Also

@raulo1496 said:
    Hey Brian I want to say thanks for all your help yesterday. I spent the night sending out emails like you recommended and I have been getting bombarded all day with offers. So far my best offer is with Lucas Honda here in Jacksonville. Let me know if this sounds like a good deal.

Accord ex-l w/o navigation:
    Sales price $24850.10 includes destination fee and appearance protection package mud guards,trunk tray, nitrogen etc.
    Dealer fees are $898 and he said this fee is all inclusive of everything. No other fees except tax, tag and title.

I could also get 1.9% financing from Honda.

Assuming their are no other hidden fees or surprises when I'm in the dealership do you think this is a good deal?

I am looking to buy within the next two months so I can wait if you think better deals are out there.

I could also contact the salesman I worked with over the weekend during my test drives and see if he can beat the price.

Thanks for your help!

Invoice on your model with dest charge = 24,287 what deal are you getting????? unless your numbers are wrong

@abro74 said:
    Hi Brian! Just curious if you saw my previous comment/ question. Looking to buy 2014 Accord EX-L (or EX-L with navi). I live in MD (Baltimore area). Any suggestions? Also

If you go back and read the last 3 or 4 pages you will be armed with all the buying info you need.

@genyoung7 said:
    Hi Brian,

Is this a good deal?

2014 accord lx
    -18,988, includes destination charge.
    -doc fees: $80
    -TTL: $1791

Thanks for your help!!

Excellent deal................ if you could by the lx model it would be over 2500 below invoice price .. dealer may have left out the destanation charge of 790. but even if they did its still 1800 below invoice and a very good deal.. post your deal after you buy ..

edited June 2014

@abro74 said:
    Hi Brian! I've read your advice of negotiating 1200-1800 below invoice. I'm just curious (just in case I'm asked by dealership) how does the dealer make his/ her money since invoice is the price that the dealer pays for the car. I'm clueless. I'm looking to buy a 2014 Accord EX-L within a few months and I live in MD.
    Also want to ask if you get the hard drive without tHe navi? That's the main reason I would want the navi.
    Having said that, any advice on price for this? (Ie 2014 Accord EX-L). Thank you.

dealer hold back on vehicle, doc/ admin fee's, added accessories at msrp price, special manufactorer to dealer incentives for sales........... Uneducated buyers who over pay....... This is how dealers make lots of money.

you get a hard drive

null
    Brian I'm confused. On edmunds the dealer invoice price on the Honda Accord EX-L is $27038. Am I using the wrong invoice amount?
    edited June 2014

I posted this in the CRV prices paid forum . It applies to all of you buying today.

Stever is right on.. We have been in the 1000 to 1500 below range in Michigan..

But you never know.. Find those dealers still looking for end of the month sales numbers and that target price could be close to 1700 or 1900 below invoice price. It does not hurt to start your target price higher and work down off that number.... Thats what i would be doing today if I still have not struck a deal. you have alot of leverage today .. Feel the power.. It only happens the last week of the month and going into the last days last day...

One key factor is getting many dealerships involved and playing hardball with them today. . Thats how you will get your lowest possible deal. Folks in the Accord forum did very well last night and have Excellent offers on the table right now.. You could too.

One note: if you are negotiating with 10 dealerships and 1000 below is your best offers then close the deal you have done all you could this month to make your best deal. Dont worry that I got 1500 below etc. and you cant. . There could be many other factor's how i got that good price.

1.. I am a better negotiator than you.

2- dealer only had a few of your models on his lot. supply and demand then played a part.

3- you did not pit one dealer against the next

4- you did not send out proper emails to the internet mgrs.

5- you seem to desperate... dealers smell it

6- you did not get enough dealerships involved in the price wars..

7- you have no clue on price and what you should be shooting for

and the list goes on.. what you can count on is the target prices high and low are real numbers in this forum.. That is your guide to helping you make the best possible deal.

good luck today.

@raulo1496 said:
    null
    Brian I'm confused. On edmunds the dealer invoice price on the Honda Accord EX-L is $27038. Am I using the wrong invoice amount?

my bad............ the exl no nav model is 25,860 + 790 = 26650. that changes your deal.

1800 below invoice. did this price include the dealers doc/ admin fee.??

edited June 2014
    The best price I got today is $24800.00 plus $699 dealer fee. So the total is $25499.00 which is only $1151.00 below invoice. So I guess I could do better if I wait.

Sorry I have been trying to quote you each time Brian, but it is not working. I am not the most internet savvy forum member.
    edited June 2014

I cant help you negotiate that's on you . Use my tips and advice to your advantage. If you wait another month or 2 you will receive a lower price but your choice of model and color may be limited.
    If your in the target price of your area make the deal..

I would take your best quote or deal tell that dealer to split the cost of his very very high paperwork fee in half and you will buy vehicle right now. I think dealer will go for that without blinking.. You will then add 350 back onto your 1151 below invoice price.

• sid_81sid_81 Member Posts: 3

@brian125 said:
    NAAZIM , NICE DEAL

Man you dont play around................ good job........... enjoy your 2nd accord ...lol
    POST THE BUYING STATE AND NAME OF DEALER

@naazim said:
    Thanks Brian! Im glad to hear I did good. Just curious, how much under invoice did I get, if any? Im located in Houston, Texas. For anyone interested in buying in the area, I bought from Gillman Honda on the Southwest Freeway.

I walked into the dealer today with the pricing you got and the sales person laughed at me (literally), saying it must be a typo. Had to leave the dealership. I was ready to buy at that price.

edited June 2014

I don't recall what @naazim agreed selling price was.. There are some folks posting almost 2k off there Lx prices. In some area's its possible.

• arm9farm9f Member Posts: 4

Hi guys-great forum. After a lot of discussions, just closed on a purchase of a 2014 EX-L 4cyl (w/o NAV) in Northern VA. Base price (including destination) was $23,925, tags/processing fees were $557, and taxes were $977 for an OTD price of $25,459.

Surprised at the variation in dealer quotes via email. Used them for bargaining, but went in to a convenient dealer and negotiated in person. Good luck to all!