Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

$474/mo. for a vehicle with an MSRP of $33,400 sounds like a lot...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aharpaharp Member Posts: 6

@kyfdx said:
    $474/mo. for a vehicle with an MSRP of $33,400 sounds like a lot...

I ran the math and came out lower, too. What payment do you get based on those numbers?

@aharp said:

Around $376/mo. + tax..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• blueicex01blueicex01 Member Posts: 6
    What is Money Factor and Residual percentage for 2014 Explorer Limited FWD and AWD? 36months 10,500 miles per year AND 12,000 miles per year? Location: Huntington Beach, CA
    I believe Ford is offering a $1500 cash bonus of some sort plus since my husband serves in the military we qualify for an extra $500.

Can someone also give me some guidance on what my payment per month should be around for a 36mo lease.
    MRSP: $44,950.
    Comes w equipment group 301a
    I've always purchased a vehicle and I'm kind of lost on how to negotiate a lease. Thanks!

@blueicex01 said:
    What is Money Factor and Residual percentage for 2014 Explorer Limited FWD and AWD? 36months 10,500 miles per year AND 12,000 miles per year? Location: Huntington Beach, CA
    I believe Ford is offering a $1500 cash bonus of some sort plus since my husband serves in the military we qualify for an extra $500.

Can someone also give me some guidance on what my payment per month should be around for a 36mo lease.
    I've always purchased a vehicle and I'm kind of lost on how to negotiate a lease. Thanks!

Our Ford numbers expired on the 7th, and we are waiting for new numbers... We only have residuals at this time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,018

@blueicex01 said:

You negotiate a lease the same way you do a purchase. Get the best price and interest rate - except in a lease that's called the money factor.

Limited AWD 36/12 - 51%

Add 1% for 10K; deduct 1% for 2WD.

MF is .50% and there is $2250 lease cash this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• blueicex01blueicex01 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the help. Here is my deal I made in CA. 2014 Explorer Limited w/300a package & voice navigation and power lift gate. MSRP $40,605. Neg Price $30,870 (includes incentives/rebates $2750, trade in $3500, and I chose to put $1,000 down in cash)
    36mo lease 15k miles/yr
    Monthly payment $417 (includes tax) of 35 payments

Congrats! Looks like a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gobluejdgobluejd Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2014

Looking for Money Factor and Residual for 2015 Explorer, AWD, 15k and 18k for 36 months. Also dealer is telling me only $500 for rebate, yet everywhere I look it is $1500.

@gobluejd said:
    Looking for Money Factor and Residual for 2015 Explorer, AWD, 15k and 18k for 36 months. Also dealer is telling me only $500 for rebate, yet everywhere I look it is $1500.

Which trim level?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Sorry, Limited.

edited July 2014

Can you also confirm Rebate? It would not hurt to also have FWD with V6 (non-eco).

@gobluejd said:
    Looking for Money Factor and Residual for 2015 Explorer Limited, AWD and FWD, 15k and 18k for 36 months. Also dealer is telling me only $500 for rebate, yet everywhere I look it is $1500.

FWD 48%

AWD 49%

Deduct 2% for 18K

.50% MF and $2250 lease cash this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can I ask how you know about the $2250 lease cash? Dealer is not saying anything about this. I'd like to be able to back up my claim. Thanks for replying.

@gobluejd said:
    Can I ask how you know about the $2250 lease cash? Dealer is not saying anything about this. I'd like to be able to back up my claim. Thanks for replying.

The documents I reference are from Ford. If they aren't forthcoming about the incentives, you may want to reach out to another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I think that is for a 2014.....I need 2015...At least that is what they are telling me....correct?

@gobluejd said:
    I think that is for a 2014.....I need 2015...At least that is what they are telling me....correct?

My apologies ... I didn't notice that you were asking for 2015 info.

2WD - 51%

AWD - 52%

Deduct 2% for 18K.

However, I don't have any MF or lease cash info on 2015's.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40

Hi. Looking for information on a lease of a 2014 Explorer Sport 12K - 36 months. I am also looking to confirm the lease cash available. Many thanks.

@cagorm said:
    Hi. Looking for information on a lease of a 2014 Explorer Sport 12K - 36 months. I am also looking to confirm the lease cash available. Many thanks.

0.50% APR and 54% residual. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amgrouchy1amgrouchy1 Member Posts: 17

hi, i ordered a 2015 explorer sport and now its on its way to the dealer. can you give me the residual and mf for 24mos 10,500 miles per year and 36 mos 10,500 miles per year? I was given a MF of .50% and residual of 67% for 24 months. The MF jumped to 1.25% for 36 months and the residual went to 58% I was also given two $500 rebates on the either lease term. I am a returning customer with excellent credit ... is the 36 month MF correct?

@amgrouchy1 said:
    hi, i ordered a 2015 explorer sport and now its on its way to the dealer. can you give me the residual and mf for 24mos 10,500 miles per year and 36 mos 10,500 miles per year? I was given a MF of .50% and residual of 67% for 24 months. The MF jumped to 1.25% for 36 months and the residual went to 58% I was also given two $500 rebates on the either lease term. I am a returning customer with excellent credit ... is the 36 month MF correct?

The residuals are correct.

Unfortunately, we don't have any of the money factors/APRs for the 2015 models. But, given what they've had in the past, your dealer quotes look likely to be the base numbers. It's pretty typical for Ford to have a higher MF/APR for the 36 month term vs. 24 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sho220zsho220z Member Posts: 11

I am located in Kane County, NW burbs of Chicago, and I am trying to lease an Explorer Sport.

Looking for 12K or 15K per year, 36 months, MF and residuals.

I cannot decide between a 2014 or a 2015, nor can I figure out how well either will lease. The specific vehicle I am hunting for is a black on black Explorer Sport with 401A, Moonroof, and trailer pack.

So my questions: Which has the best lease terms right now, and what are the available lease incentives available for either? And taking them into account, what monthly payment can I expect?

@sho220z said:
    I am located in Kane County, NW burbs of Chicago, and I am trying to lease an Explorer Sport.

Looking for 12K or 15K per year, 36 months, MF and residuals.

I cannot decide between a 2014 or a 2015, nor can I figure out how well either will lease. The specific vehicle I am hunting for is a black on black Explorer Sport with 401A, Moonroof, and trailer pack.

So my questions: Which has the best lease terms right now, and what are the available lease incentives available for either? And taking them into account, what monthly payment can I expect?

We don't have all the numbers on the 2015 Explorer just yet.

In general, I would think the 2014 will lease better as there is $2250 in lease cash available - apply this after negotiating your best price.

Can't give you a price unless we have both an MSRP and a selling price.

What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

One last thing - at the moment, IL charges sales tax on the entire selling price of the vehicle, not just the monthly payment. This will make your payment much higher. The law is changing, but not until 1/1/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2014

Okay, looking for 36 months, 12K or 15K per year. Lets assume Invoice minus incentives as a baseline. With the options I selected (401A, trailer package, moonroof, all weather mats) I am showing an invoice of $46,152, and an MSRP of $48,940. These will obviously vary slightly depending on the cars on the ground.

As for incentives, I see the following:
    Conquest Bonus: $1,000 (I have a current VW lease)
    Student/College Grad: $500 (My wife is taking classes at our local CC)
    Lease cash: $2,250
    USAA member: $100

Total Incentives: $3,850

Assuming Invoice minus incentives, I would be looking at a sale price of $42,302.

Does this help?

@sho220z said:

Okay, looking for 36 months, 12K or 15K per year. Lets assume Invoice minus incentives as a baseline. With the options I selected (401A, trailer package, moonroof, all weather mats) I am showing an invoice of $46,152, and an MSRP of $48,940. These will obviously vary slightly depending on the cars on the ground.

As for incentives, I see the following:
    Conquest Bonus: $1,000 (I have a current VW lease)
    Student/College Grad: $500 (My wife is taking classes at our local CC)
    Lease cash: $2,250
    USAA member: $100

Total Incentives: $3,850

Assuming Invoice minus incentives, I would be looking at a sale price of $42,302.

Does this help?

Yes. And, I just realized you had provided the lease term and miles per year in your original post; sorry for missing that the first time around.

Using the MSRP and Invoice price - $2250 = $43,902. (I'll touch on the other incentives in a moment), along with the base MF of .5% and 36/15 residual of 52%, I get a pre-tax payment of $527.15 for 36 months.

However, IL charges sales tax on the entire selling price - up front. So, we would have to add in that amount to the net cap cost. What is the sales tax rate where you live? 8% added on takes the net cap to $47,414, and your payment to $625.45.

Regarding incentives - be careful when trying to stack all incentives. Sometimes they can combine, sometimes not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I am in Kane County, Elgin IL specifically.

I believe all the incentives I listed stack, according to the one dealer I am working with.

@sho220z said:
    I am in Kane County, Elgin IL specifically.

Sorry, I don't have all the sales tax rates committed to memory. :smile:

I believe all the incentives I listed stack, according to the one dealer I am working with.

As one of our past presidents once stated - "Trust, but verify". I don't have any incentive information available to me ... use the shopping tools at the top of the page to see what Edmunds' has to say.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87

In North Carolina or in general, for a well loaded 2015 Ford Explorer, what monthly payment can you expect for a 12Kmiles/yr for 36 months?
    and mf/residual?

@mac_attack said:
    In North Carolina or in general, for a well loaded 2015 Ford Explorer, what monthly payment can you expect for a 12Kmiles/yr for 36 months?
    and mf/residual?

Too general of a question to give a good answer. Residuals vary according to trim level and FWD or AWD.. And, of course the payment will vary greatly, depending on the MSRP and negotiated purchase price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87
    null
    Awd sport, loaded - 47K

@mac_attack said:
    null
    Awd sport, loaded - 47K

Is the $47K the sticker price or the negotiated price? We will need both in order to model a payment for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gq3856gq3856 Member Posts: 79

Just a few questions.
    I am in NY and looking at the explorer sport are these numbers correct
    Mf .50
    RV 54% on a 36 month lease 12000 yr
    lease cash 2250

Are the above numbers correct
    when does lease cash expire (end of month)
    what are the 24 month numbers MF/RV for 12000 miles yr
    Do you get the same lease cash on 24 month lease.

Thanks Again for all your help.

@gq3856 said:
    Just a few questions.
    I am in NY and looking at the explorer sport are these numbers correct
    Mf .50
    RV 54% on a 36 month lease 12000 yr
    lease cash 2250

Are the above numbers correct
    when does lease cash expire (end of month)
    what are the 24 month numbers MF/RV for 12000 miles yr
    Do you get the same lease cash on 24 month lease.

Thanks Again for all your help.

Yes, those numbers are correct... the lease cash is scheduled to run through September 30th, but they could always make unscheduled changes.

0.25% APR and 63% for 24mo, 12K/yr. $2250 lease cash, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited July 2014

Thanks for the info are the lease numbers the same for both limited and sport models.
    If leasing can i still take advantage of the current rebates available.

Thanks again

@gq3856 said:
    Thanks for the info are the lease numbers the same for both limited and sport models.
    If leasing can i still take advantage of the current rebates available.

Thanks again

The Limited residuals are 3% lower than the Sport. All other numbers are the same. There are likely to be certain purchase/finance rebates that are incompatible with the lease cash. Domestic makes have a lot of different programs, and it's hard to say what is and isn't stackable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@Michaell said:
    As one of our past presidents once stated - "Trust, but verify". I don't have any incentive information available to me ... use the shopping tools at the top of the page to see what Edmunds' has to say.

Kane county is 8.25% sales tax.

@sho220z said:
    Kane county is 8.25% sales tax.

My calculations above were based on 8% sales tax, so a pretty close guess; with 8% tax added in up front, the payment was $625/mo. Increase that a bit for the extra quarter point.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@kyfdx said:
    The Limited residuals are 3% lower than the Sport. All other numbers are the same. There are likely to be certain purchase/finance rebates that are incompatible with the lease cash. Domestic makes have a lot of different programs, and it's hard to say what is and isn't stackable.

Is the below cash back stackable with a lease

Customer $ Offer

Requirements and Restrictions:
    $500 Customer Retail Cash may not be combined with 0% - 1.9% APR. Must finance through Ford Motor Credit Company.
    Customer $ Offer Start End
    $500 07/08/2014 07/31/2014

@gq3856 said:
    $500 07/08/2014 07/31/2014

I would say no. This is a purchase incentive and probably not stackable with a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Any idea when august lease info will be available

Thanks

@gq3856 said:

Thanks

Ford generally release information quarterly. Unless we hear differently, all numbers are good through September.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@gq3856 said:

Thanks

The Ford numbers are valid until the end of September; what model, lease term and miles per year are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@kyfdx said:
    Ford generally release information quarterly. Unless we hear differently, all numbers are good through September.

thanks

@gq3856 said:

2014 explorer sport
    36/12000
    24/12000
    plus all available lease cash and any rebates that may be combined with the lease cash

NYC are

Thanks

@gq3856 said:
    Thanks

Explorer Sport

36/12 - .50% and 54%

24/12 - .25% and 63%

$2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jrdejavuxjrdejavux Member Posts: 4

Hi Guys first time posting here and first time leasing a car. Looking at the 2015 explorer Sport MSRP is $51,000.00. I got the dealer to agree with 0% down to a monthly payment of 615.00 with tax. Is that a good deal? Thanks!

@jrdejavux said:
    Hi Guys first time posting here and first time leasing a car. Looking at the 2015 explorer Sport MSRP is $51,000.00. I got the dealer to agree with 0% down to a monthly payment of 615.00 with tax. Is that a good deal? Thanks!

forgot to mention i am located in san diego

@jrdejavux said:
    Hi Guys first time posting here and first time leasing a car. Looking at the 2015 explorer Sport MSRP is $51,000.00. I got the dealer to agree with 0% down to a monthly payment of 615.00 with tax. Is that a good deal? Thanks! San Diego.

What lease term? How many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

@Michaell said:

36 months at 15000 miles a year so total of 45k

@jrdejavux said:
    36 months at 15000 miles a year so total of 45k

What was the negotiated selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.