Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Intermittent P0404 code 5 months after EGR valve replacement. Chrysler Town and Country.

fmaddinfmaddin Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Chrysler

I replaced the EGR valve around 5 months ago. I replaced it with a part from AA (Mexico part, not China). Seemed like that worked until recent events. Engine light/code has come on/gone off a couple of times over the last few weeks. Ideas on what to do next?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

You might check the EGR tube for obstructions, also any gasket leaks. You can also hook up your scanner and wiggle the wiring harnesses, and look for a code to set.

• fmaddinfmaddin Member Posts: 2

Using a flexible pipe cleaner type brush on the tube seems like a good idea. Any ideas on cleaning areas where the EGR connects to the engine (or is it exhaust?) Or the pipe connects to the motor? I don't want to knock gunk into some place I shouldn't be knocking gunk. I'll do the wire wiggling thing also.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Here's a video that explains how best to do it on a Honda. I think you should pay close attention to the gasket as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNTBkXWC2A8