Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW Dealership Experiences

markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
Well here's a post that will soon be nuked.

Too bad if you're hoping to steer someone to this dealer, too.

Here in Cincinnati we have two dealers, they are both very good -- one however is a cut above in terms of "service" both sales and non sales: The BMW Store.

Hopefully this post will live on and hopefully you will repost, for I find these kind of posts helpful.
Tagged:

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    From the Rules of the Road link on the left sidebar:

6. Posts about dealers

When posting about your experience with a dealership, you may post ONLY the dealership name, city, and state. You may not post a salesperson's name, phone numbers, email addresses, links to dealer web sites, etc.

This policy tends to cut down on the shill posts. Thanks,

Steve, Host
  • azschlegelazschlegel Member Posts: 1
    Apparently I didn’t read the rules as thoroughly as I should have, my apologies to the host(s).

Chapman BMW in Phoenix was truly a one of a kind experience. The sales people were just amazing; so friendly, honest and didn’t try and “up sell” us AND because of that we ended up spending a little extra. Our salesman truly deserved a high commission. There was absolutely no pressure. We walked away and went to Volvo … less then an hour later; we were back to BMW to buy!

To all you Arizonians, this dealership is REMARKABLE!! Email me to find out the salesman name we worked with he was AWESOME!!!!
    ;)
  • xyzjack69xyzjack69 Member Posts: 2
    I've gone through most of the dealerships around the LA area. While I've only dealt with a single salesman at each, I will quantify my experiences here:
    Irvine: very knowledgeable, big selections, friendly, not pushy
    Santa Monica: Snobby....come on guys, you sell these things...
    Calabasas: pushy, small dealership, built on some kind of swamp ground...smells.
    Thousand Oaks: Rusnak, not very knowledgeable, pushy, small dealership
    NHollywood: nice but fairly small selection
    Sherman Oaks, thats where i got mine. Very friendly and the teams are knowledgeable. The highest rank BMW saleman works there
    Good luck!
  • 1818181818181818 Member Posts: 5
    GOOD MORNING JOSEPH AND GREGG,

I DONT KNOW WHY JERRY DOES NOT RETURN MY WIFE'S CALLS WHEN HE SAYS HE IS GOING TO. SHE CALLED HIM ON TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY AND HE HAD MENTIONED THAT HE WOULD CALL HER BACK WITHIN 30 MINUTES AND HERE WE ARE, FRIDAY. IF YOUR PARK AVENUE DEALERSHIP CANNOT COME TO AN AGREEMENT ON WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IT WOULD BE NICE TO LETS US KNOW! IT IS NOT LIKE THERE AREN'T OTHER DEALERS OUT THERE! I STAND AND RELY ON REPUTATION AND RECOMMENDATION. APPARENTLY, I SHOULD NOT ASSUME THAT WITH PARK AVENUE, (LOCATED IN NEW JERSEY) AT LEAST FOR NOW. WE DONT NEED A BMW, BUT WOULD LIKE ONE. I AM BEING TREATED AS THOUGH WE NEVER HAD A LUXURY CAR BEFORE!!! IT A SHAME THAT DISCRIMINATION HAS CROSSED MY MIND, OR IS IT BECAUSE THEY SEE US AS A WASTE OF TIME? TRUST ME MY TIME IS MORE VALUABLE BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO YOU, YOU ARE NOT COMING TO US. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT OUR BUSINESS IS NOT WANTED AND I WOULD NOT WASTE MY TIME ANYMORE!

I WOULD SAY "THANK YOU", BUT THERE IS NOTHING TO THANK ABOUT!
    :mad:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Who are Joseph and Gregg?

Also, I advise against using ALL CAPS in posted messages as it makes it hard for people to read and they tend to ignore such postings.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • sunsonshaan07sunsonshaan07 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2014

Here in the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Metro, avoid going to Classic BMW (I dealt with [non-permissible content removed]here) and BMW of Dallas (I dealt with [non-permissible content removed] (Sales Mgr) here).

Classic BMW: This was nothing more than a Classic pain as Ken wasted no time in slamming his old stomping grounds at Moritz BMW (Now BMW of Arlington). He wasn't the most straightest person to deal with either making commitments to get me "better pricing from a more accomodating Used Car Sales Manager". It was nothing more than a delaying tactic to eventually try to blow me off and away. It's amazing a Salesman will try to drive customers away too. Apparently my offers and requests must have seemed too unreasonable for him. This coming from a customer who's wife has a luxury car no less but we'd like to upgrade to a German car. We gave the information on the trade in too that we wanted to execute using that Lexus. Apparently someone rear ended us in a Private Parking lot so this made the Car Fax instantaneously a BAD one. And to top it all off, he just jacked up his pricing all the way up for his car and tried to jack me on the value value. This is your protoypical greedy Salesman who claims that he'll make "only $100" from the deal at the pricing I was requesting. Ironically for him, I've finalized my deal at his old stomping grounds and made explicitly sure to pass "his bashing" along to them. Steer as far clear as you can from here.

BMW of Dallas: [non-permissible content removed] just threw sticker price after sticker price in the customer's face until they were blue. [non-permissible content removed] was his Sale Manager and called into the picture because I was fed up with the non-negotiation tactics being portrayed. And even then, he just threw a highly inflated number at me and said "NO MORE NEGOTIATING AFTER THIS". Geez buddy you lose!

BMW of Arlington: I dearly recommend [non-permissible content removed] to work with. She'll go that extra mile to find out answers to your questions and will doo all necessary to please you. SHE'S TRULY THE REMARKABLE PERSON TO DEAL WITH. DON'T HESITATE TO GO THERE.

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

A dirty Car Fax on a late model luxury car is never a good thing. People will assume the
    worst.

Without hearing the other side of this story, it's hard to say what happened. It sounds like
    they figured you were a non-buyer and they blew you off. Who knows?

Bottom line. You bought a car and you're happy. That's what matters!

• jupiterorlandojupiterorlando Member Posts: 7

Fields BMW at Orlando (OBT branch) gave me a very welcoming, non-pressure experience this weekend. I recommend visiting them for a test drive of any BMW you may be considering.

Now to find the money to pay for this X3 :wink:

• fllcfllc Member Posts: 37

@jupiterorlando said:
    Fields BMW at Orlando (OBT branch) gave me a very welcoming, non-pressure experience this weekend. I recommend visiting them for a test drive of any BMW you may be considering.

Now to find the money to pay for this X3 :wink:

Was there any particular salesperson you could send me from Fields? Did they give you a good deal? Lease or purchase?

• konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

I understand your fear, of people shilling for CA's, but a general post about how great or crappy a dealership is, can't be all that helpful. I think at least the first name of the CA could be used, then it is up to the op's to find them if they want to...so many people, know so little about how to go about getting a good deal on a BMW. The hilarious part to me is people saying how great they got treated, but really, were they super nice at the dealer, because they totally hosed them on the deal and made a ton on the sale/lease or they actually got a great deal.

• suzysparkssuzysparks Member Posts: 4

Today I purchased BMW number 9. I live in San Antonio, Texas. All previous 8 BMW's were purchased out of town; whether it be somewhere else in Texas or another state. San Antonio does have a local BMW dealership; BMW of San Antonio. Obviously there were reasons why my previous 8 BMW's were purchased elsewhere. However, over the past few weeks, I gave BMW of San Antonio another opportunity. I was pleasantly surprised at the welcome I received. They didn't ask for my ID or proof of insurance. I got to drive what I wanted to look at with no pressure. I went back numerous times over the past few weeks to drive again. No pressure. Needless to say, I am pleased to say that finally, I was able to purchase a BMW at the local dealer and it was probably the easiest purchase I've made. I know BMW of San Antonio has had a rotten reputation and they'll admit they deserved it. But, boy things have changed. If any of you are from San Antonio and have avoided the dealership, I'm the perfect example of giving them another opportunity.

Good to hear - please write up a Dealer Review too. You could cut and paste your post over there. Thanks, and congrats!

A reporter is hoping to find BMW owners who might have models with recalled airbags (mostly '00-'06 3 Series.) Please email PR@edmunds.com if you are able to have a quick conversation with the reporter today.