Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

July 2014 money factor and residual for 2015 VW GTI

billdctbilldct Member Posts: 38
edited July 2014 in Volkswagen

Could you tell me the new (July 2014) rates (money factor and residual for a 2015 VW GTI SE with manual trans? 12K per year with a 36 month term? Thank you

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

@billdct said:
    Could you tell me the new (July 2014) rates (money factor and residual for a 2015 VW GTI SE with manual trans? 12K per year with a 36 month term? Thank you

.00160 MF and 60% residual for all 2015 GTIs, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• billdctbilldct Member Posts: 38

Thank you for your help

• fourplaygtfourplaygt Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2014

@kyfdx said:.00160 MF and 60% residual for all 2015 GTIs, this month

What's the residual and money factor for the SE w/lighting package and manual transmission for 15K/year for 36 months? Trying to find a dealer that will actually give me anything close to that money factor is thus far impossible (.00199 and .0019 so far).

Those are the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fourplaygtfourplaygt Member Posts: 5

@kyfdx said:
    Those are the numbers.

Wow, they are really sticking it to me then. .00190 MF and 58% residual is what I was quoted for 36 month/15K per year Thanks for the info.

@fourplaygt said:
    Wow, they are really sticking it to me then. .00190 MF and 58% residual is what I was quoted for 36 month/15K per year Thanks for the info.

58% is correct for 36 mo, 15K/yr... the question above was for 12K/yr. Sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

OK, I have ordered a car and it will not be in until the end of August. What are the rules for the money factor and residual? Do I get the rates in effect at the time of order or at the time of delivery? And is there anything that can be done to lock them in assuming they will be worse in 6 or 7 weeks? Thank you again for all the help.

@billdct said:
    OK, I have ordered a car and it will not be in until the end of August. What are the rules for the money factor and residual? Do I get the rates in effect at the time of order or at the time of delivery? And is there anything that can be done to lock them in assuming they will be worse in 6 or 7 weeks? Thank you again for all the help.

I'm not sure of VW's policy on locking rates.. Have you negotiated the price of the car you ordered? I wouldn't worry about rates getting worse, but I would worry about the dealer marking up the money factor, if you haven't discussed price, yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, price has been negotiated and the money factor has been set. Thanks again for the info.

Could you tell me the new (August 2014) rates (money factor and residual for a 2015 VW GTI SE with manual trans? 12K per year with a 36 month term? My new car should be in this week and am wondering what the current money factors and residuals are? Thanks again for your assistance.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@billdct said:
    Could you tell me the new (August 2014) rates (money factor and residual for a 2015 VW GTI SE with manual trans? 12K per year with a 36 month term? My new car should be in this week and am wondering what the current money factors and residuals are? Thanks again for your assistance.

.00160 and 60%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks for the quick response. This is a great service that you provide.

• musthavegtimusthavegti Member Posts: 19

Hi All,

This is my first post. Just drove a 2015 GTI and MUST HAVE ONE! Can anyone tell me the Money Factor and Residual for August 2014? Looking to lease a 2015 GTI SE DSG.

@musthavegti said:
    Hi All,

This is my first post. Just drove a 2015 GTI and MUST HAVE ONE! Can anyone tell me the Money Factor and Residual for August 2014? Looking to lease a 2015 GTI SE DSG.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• musthavegtimusthavegti Member Posts: 19

36 months, 10k and 12k. Not sure which mileage I'll take at the time.

I really appreciate the help.

@musthavegti said:
    Hi All,

This is my first post. Just drove a 2015 GTI and MUST HAVE ONE! Can anyone tell me the Money Factor and Residual for August 2014? Looking to lease a 2015 GTI SE DSG. 36 months, 10K or 12K.

.00160 and 60% or 61%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator