Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sri18sri18 Member Posts: 2

Finally my 2015 MDX AWD + Tech is ready for delivery. Picking it up tomorrow (NJ) :)

• sri18sri18 Member Posts: 2

Very satisfied with my dealer in NJ. Fair price for a 2015 model. If anyone need details I would be more than happy to oblige.

• andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    Got a great price on a mdx. But still torn if I need awd or not.. any thoughts?

Does acura offer 72 mo financing?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2014

Unless you go to the ski hill often or live in some place with lots of snow, you can get by fine with good tires on a FWD rig.

If you live in a place like Florida, my guess is that most of the other MDX owners are using the FWD flavor. If you're in Upstate NY, the opposite is likely true.

You should pay a bit less up front for a FWD but the resale on the AWD may be a bit better down the road. That's probably a wash, although having the AWD may help the used one sell better. If you typically trade in your cars, that's not much of a concern.

The combined gas saving should be about two miles per gallon better with the FWD. If you are a relaxed driver your savings could be a bit more with the FWD. If you have a terrible commute, your mpg is going to suffer with either.

Don't know about the 72 month financing. On the 2014 incentives page, the current max term is 60 months, but that's limited to recent grads anyway. You'll have to ask the dealer about the 72 unless someone here knows.

• binbbinb Member Posts: 2

@sri18 said:
    Very satisfied with my dealer in NJ. Fair price for a 2015 model. If anyone need details I would be more than happy to oblige.

Congratulations for your new MDX! Would you please share your price & dealer? Thanks!

binl

• baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101

Ready to purchase 2014 MDX AWD base in Columbus, Ohio area. What price should I shoot for? Invoice or below?

• ohtigerohtiger Member Posts: 5
    null
    Im North Ohio and looking as well the cheapest quote I've got is $40,300 for base and $42,200 for awd both out of Michigan. The internet guy in Columbus didn't want to give me a quote so I moved on.
  • andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    Just bought a tech awd... brand new no miles... $1200 under invoice.
    edited June 2014

@andremike, congrats! Please write up a dealer review too. Thanks!

• goravens14goravens14 Member Posts: 1

Does NJ charge a NJ Luxury Tax for cars over 45K (e.g. Acura MDX AWD with tech). My dealer mentioned a $181 fee. Is this legit?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

@goravens14 said:
    Does NJ charge a NJ Luxury Tax for cars over 45K (e.g. Acura MDX AWD with tech). My dealer mentioned a $181 fee. Is this legit?

I don't know the specifics of the luxury tax, but I have heard mention of it, before (with respect to NJ).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• oneforjuleoneforjule Member Posts: 1

Called the dealer and he was not able to offer this price. He also mentioned that you negotiated with him at this price but it was not agreed on and you never picked up the car. So I don't know who to believe.

@buddyc1 said:
    I have just purchased SH-AWD w Tech in Los Angeles. Price was better than any reported deals shown at $44,352. Invoice is $46,100!! I had a wonderful buying experience at Autonation Torrance, CA. Ask for Dmitry. He was fabulous and beat the other deals hands down. Great experience and price thanks to this forum.

Maybe they're both dimitri
  • wingflywxwingflywx Member Posts: 1

Just bought a 2014 SH-AWD Base for 41K + TTL in SW Michigan. This is the best I can get around this area. Dealer in VA is 1K cheaper, but too far away.

• naamnaam Member Posts: 3

Sri18: I'm also in NJ and in mkt for 2015 with tech. Would appreciate info on price and dealer. Thanks very much!

Did the 41k in sw Michigan include 1k from Acura financing?
  • ksr674ksr674 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2014

Purchased the following last week in Chicagoland,

2014 Acura MDX Tech, Luster Grey Metallic with gray stone interior
    Price: 44,700 incluidng destination
    Documentation fee: 167
    Tax and Title: 3899

@ksr674, congrats! Nice colors.

Please visit the Consumer Reviews page here and write up your impressions. Thanks!

• ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2014

2014 MDX Advance and Entertainment. Atlanta area. Graphite/Greystone. MSRP $55,400. Quoted $49700 + $595 admin fee + taxes

• jainijaini Member Posts: 2

@sri18 - pls can you share your price and dealer details. In the market for a base model MDX in NJ. Thanks so much

@sri18 said:
    Finally my 2015 MDX AWD + Tech is ready for delivery. Picking it up tomorrow (NJ) :)

• jainijaini Member Posts: 2

JackZ - can you share if this was for an AWD base model or AWD+Tech?

@jackz said:
    last month a bunch of guys paid $42500 before TTL for 14 MDX in DC area, sort of groupon deal. That is awesome. Anyone in NJ/NYC area are interested in this?

Got the 14 awd-sh in N Ohio for 44,900 otd. Dealer worked with us to get a lease purchase/trade-in done or I could have saved a bit more.
  • fiecafieca Member Posts: 7

@ksr674 said:
    Purchased the following last week in Chicagoland,

2014 Acura MDX Tech, Luster Grey Metallic with gray stone interior
    Price: 44,700 incluidng destination
    Documentation fee: 167
    Tax and Title: 3899

Congrats ksr674! could you please share the dealer info, I am in market in chicago and want to make a quick decision

• binbbinb Member Posts: 2

Very bad experience with Springfield Acura, NJ.
    They just hoaxed me there with cheating price (via email confirmation). Then the dealer wasted my two hours with babbling words, and finally they asked $900 more than what they promised via email~~Even if you agree on that price, they still ask you to wait for 4 weeks for a 2015 MDX.

Will never go there again.

@4apex, time flies. Hard to believe 2014 is half over. Good time to lease a new car, lol. We've set up the 2015 leasing discussion and moved your post over there.

Here's the link:

2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions

• mrso718mrso718 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2014

Just put a down payment for 2015 mdx sh-awd tech package w/ all season floor mats for first and second row, got it for alil above invoice for 46595 (includes destination)+ Taxes + titles + dmv. I know that's a lot lower then what most people getting and well, how I got it was planning on getting a 2014 model same thing with tech package. I read on forums how much they cost and what people were paying for them since most dealerships should be discounting the 14's to get the 15's in. They were offering the 2014 sh-awd tech pack for 45595. Got this deal quoted over the phone with a 30000 trade in offer for my 2013 rdx awd tech pack. Went in started to look at the 14 models and then sat down started to do some paper work, just simply curious, I asked the sales guy how much more would we need to pay for a 15 model and he told us 900 on top. So we thought it was a great deal and moved on. Though the trade in value they wanted to give only 29500 which i still thought is good enough though that's how i got them to throw in the all season mats. Now just waiting for the car to come in. Got this deal in the NY Tristate area. Great sales man =)

BTW First dealership I went to a local dealership where i previously bought my rdx and they weren't willing to play ball with the 2014 awd tech, lowest offered was 47,000 and a trade in of only 28,000 Got up and left. Just waited around the day to see if more dealers were calling in to get my business and behold one gave me a quote over the phone with the price of trade in if in mint condition. Though at first they were offering 46,300 for the 2014 model. Told them another dealer is offering less (Giving them a number) but a lil further away and unless they can come up with a number to beat or match their number I'm going there right now and closing that deal, they said they will speak to the GSM and call me back. Few mins later got a call and said ok and come in.

Patience is key :p

• swtnsoursauceswtnsoursauce Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Just bought a 2014 Black/Black Fwd with Tech Pkg for 43100 + TTL in CA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Thanks for checking in!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

FYI: I bought a 2015 MDX SH-AWD with Tech for $45,900 (including destination) in NJ earlier this week. Didn't require too much negotiation -- two dealers matched the quote. This was a no-financing, no-trade-in purchase. I suspect they have a (temporary?) surplus of inventory which they are trying to reduce.

Naam did you close the deal the end of the month of june? Usually dealers fight harder to close deals when it's that time and when you have two dealers compete, your going to get a even better price.

No, it was July by the time I closed. I was talking to the dealers in late June but made it clear to them that I couldn't finalize till early July because because I was busy. I didn't negotiate very hard, so I'm sure someone on this forum will be a able to get an even better price.

• musiclover408musiclover408 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2014

Hi, newbie here. We are looking at leasing a '14 MDX AWD with tech pkg. the MSRP on it is $49,460. We are Costco members and they are saying my pre-arranged Costco discount off the MSRP is $2886. The only dealer added accessories are body side moldings and nitrogen filled tires and they are trying to get $489 for those! Big rip off and I don't want those "add ons".

So I would love some advice on how to negotiate the best deal. As I said we will be leasing and would like at least 12k miles per year. We are in Colorado. We have great credit so should be able to qualify for the best deals. The July 4th deals seem to be a built around the monthly price for 36 months and 10k miles.

Again any help is very much appreciated!
    Thanks

Hi @musiclover408, I moved your "duplicate" question over to the 2014 MDX Lease Questions discussion.

@musiclover408‌

you could get below invoice from 500-1000 for a 2014 if not more. Even 2015 you may get a better deal then the costco price offered. Few people have gotten below invoice with 2015 models, so you may be able to as well. First get a quote for all the dealerships around your area probably best within 50 miles. Find out the invoice and start a price war with dealerships who want your business. To make the process faster give them a number you want them to fight for. Don't forget to check the dealership ratings to avoid shady dealers. Though sometimes ratings are subjective to angry consumers. As for leasing you need to ask others, can't really help you in that area. But I know price is a factor, so get the best price you can first.

• musiclover408musiclover408 Member Posts: 10

Thanks mrso718!
    Will the dealer send me the invoice if I ask for it? If not, how can I obtain that?
    Thanks!!

edited July 2014

Invoice is easy to get - just drill down under Make/Model/Year above and we'll tell you. Shoot me a message if you need some navigation pointers.

edited July 2014

@musiclover408 said:
    Thanks mrso718!
    Will the dealer send me the invoice if I ask for it? If not, how can I obtain that?
    Thanks!!

The dealers will never give you invoice just by simply asking for it. Because what reason do they have that they need to give you invoice? So in order to give them a reason to give you one is to have competition with another dealer. For example I got an extra $500 for my trade in on the deal i just posted because simply, another dealership was offering the same exact deal with an extra $500 dollars on top. I asked the dealership which i was working with already if they can match it for me. So the sales rep I am working with said he will call me back after speaking to GSM(General Sales Manager). I got a call back and they were willing to give me the extra 500 i asked for. If i hadn't said that part of another dealership working with me, I wouldn't have gotten the extra. So again create a price war with 2 dealerships and you might come up victorious in the end. And like Stever said you can look at edmunds for the invoice or google it. Also make sure you ask the dealer the destination is included on the price your asking for, otherwise they might charge you in the end and that's not what you want. If you still need help shoot me a pm and I will help you out.

edited July 2014

@mrso718, congrats on the new 2015 MDX. I moved your post over to the 2015 Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.

You're in a great position to write a Consumer Review.

/hint :)

And congrats!

@stever , Will do, once I drive it long enough. =)

• vinkalvinkal Member Posts: 2

Hi all, does 41k for awd-base seems like a fair price at this time. This includes destination fee. My another friend got a 2013 model at 38k when 2014 was announced but not released. So with that as reference, it seems there should be bigger discounts on 2014 models even though 2015 is not a redesign like 2014 was.

Also, would 2014 supplies run out at this time or there is still a secret cache of cars to sell off.

edited July 2014

Acura sales are in a bit of a slump so you'd think the discounts would be bigger eh? But MDX sales are up around 31% (it's the sedans that are suffering the sales slump). So you're competing with other buyers who want one and may be willing to pay a little extra, even though the 2015s are out. And while your friend got a good deal, he's driving the "last generation" MDX.

Secret cache? I don't know if they've converted all the lines to the 2015s down in Alabama (there may just be one line and the 2014s may be "done). There could be quite a few 2014s in inventory sitting at the factory lot or in some holding yards at various ports and terminals I suppose, but I doubt it, given how well they've been selling. You can do an inventory search and get some idea - there's 105 2014 MDXs near LA today, and 75 2015s listed at Edmunds. So it looks like the pipeline for the 2014s may be starting to dry up.

You can check the TMV and start enjoying your new ride now while you have a good selection of colors and options. B)

(and yeah, $41 looks lower than the LA TMV price I checked).

• vinkalvinkal Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. One more point: my friend had received 4 yr maintenance services free (as part of the quote itself, didn't need to bargain for it). Is this something relatively common in Acura dealerships. The person who gave me quote didn't seem very interested in offering extras.
    edited July 2014

Probably was another incentive to help sell cars that his dealer offered. Be curious to know if it was Acura Care or some third party service contract (that would be cheaper).

Typically you get offered the "extras" by the finance person who'll be writing up the contract, but if you want it, one tactic would be to estimate how much it's worth to you and ask the dealer for an OTD quote that includes it and all your taxes and fees.

The profit on service contracts, from what I've read, is 50% or more, so when you get a price, you could offer half and hope to get it for ~30% off. Or you could shop around and buy Acura Care at another dealer. Or you can compare the price to your expected expenses by checking the Edmunds Car Maintenance Guide and decide it's not worth it to you. (I guesstimate ~$1,000 worth of service is required for the first 60,000 miles, but your dealer may charge more than what our estimates say the services are worth).

• ppnffppnff Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2014

Purchased a 2014 SH AWD with technology package for invoice (exact invoice price as calculated on Edmunds) from Autonation Acura near Houston - great experience. Exact color and combination that I wanted and invoice price lower than the other three local dealers without the nonsense add-ons either. Very pleased with the MDX and experience.

• dpatel021dpatel021 Member Posts: 5

looking for 2014 acura mdx tech f/w drive
    any price suggestion ??
    dealer in knoxville ,tn offer me 43500+tt

• ap127ap127 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 2014 AWD with Tech for 44895 + TTL frm chicago dealer.
  • tek_li_nytek_li_ny Member Posts: 2

Looking for 2014 MDX AWD Tech in Long Island NY and Montclair NJ area. What are recent prices?

• lwei35lwei35 Member Posts: 1

Will pick up my 2015 AWD MDX Black/Parchment Tech w/ Entertainment Package this weekend. The price is $47,400 + tax + doc + plate. I will trade in my car and got 0.9% 36 month finance paperwork done (because 0.9% is over this Thursday). I think it's a great price so far in Delaware and Maryland area. I checked most of the dealers and some of them only 2014 same model at this price or higher.

• wkaplanwkaplan Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new 2014 advance and entertainment package for $50,830. Feel like it was a pretty good deal. Love the MDX, was looking at a 2014 highlander as well. Also, very nice but it just didnt handle as well and they werent willing to do much negotiating.