Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Subaru
For current leasing information, go to 2015 Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

For current Pricing information, go to 2015 Subaru Legacy Prices Paid

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Subaru Legacy leasing questions. Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Legacy, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Subaru Legacy page.

To see all forums discussions about the Subaru Forester, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Subaru Forester discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• 1jsully1jsully Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Hello all,

Would anyone have the latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 12000 miles lease?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    2014 Legacy 2.5i Premium 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00023 MF and 54% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• belvettebelvette Member Posts: 13

Hi Car_man,

Would you have the latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 15000 mile and 2014 Legacy Sport 36 month 15000 mile lease.

Thanks!

@belvette said:
    Hi Car_man,

Would you have the latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 15000 mile and 2014 Legacy Sport 36 month 15000 mile lease.

Thanks!

Premium: .00023 MF and 52% residual

Sport: .00025 MF and 51% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thanks for the quick response!

Kyfdx, would you know if February's lease program numbers have changed from January's for both the 2014 Legacy Premium & Legacy Sport for 36 month 15000 miles per?

New Subaru numbers don't come out until Tuesday.... Probably a few days after that before we get them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi Kyfdx do you know yet if the Subaru lease programs changed for February

@belvette said:
    Hi Kyfdx do you know yet if the Subaru lease programs changed for February

Same numbers as last month..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jimvtjimvt Member Posts: 8

What are latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 12000 miles lease?

Thank you!

@jimvt said:
    What are latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 12000 miles lease?

Thank you!

I don't have those numbers, right now.. still trying to run them down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sorry, I should have asked this yesterday. Do you have them for the 2014 Legacy Limited same time, same mileage.

Thanks again.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156

@jimvt said:
    Sorry, I should have asked this yesterday. Do you have them for the 2014 Legacy Limited same time, same mileage.

Thanks again.

Legacy Premium - 54% and .00043

Legacy Limited - 54% and .00047

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thank you very much!
    Jim

@jimvt said:

Thank you!

.00043 MF and 54% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello again,

My dealer is telling me they agree with the residual but that the MF is .00093. What? Has my credit rating gone down and I didn't notice, very hard to do now that Discover tells me every month and it just went up a few points.

Thanks again,
    Jim

@jimvt said:
    Hello again,

My dealer is telling me they agree with the residual but that the MF is .00093. What? Has my credit rating gone down and I didn't notice, very hard to do now that Discover tells me every month and it just went up a few points.

Thanks again,
    Jim

Subaru Finance allows dealers to mark-up the money factor for extra profit. The maximum mark-up: .00050. I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions. :p

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Oh wow! Is that something new? How about any other new tricks or maybe old ones I don't know about? I'm wondering because even with the increased MF I can't get the payment to match, mine is about $20 lower. Has the lease cost gone up? My previous ones have all been $595.

@jimvt said:
    Oh wow! Is that something new? How about any other new tricks or maybe old ones I don't know about? I'm wondering because even with the increased MF I can't get the payment to match, mine is about $20 lower. Has the lease cost gone up? My previous ones have all been $595.

The acquisition fee is still $595. I don't think that mark-ups are new, but they were more prevalent with luxury makes, and now seem to be filtering down into the mass market arena.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

@‌kyfdx

can you tell me the May lease MF & residual for 36 month/12K per year on a Legacy premium & limited?

Thanks as always!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    @‌kyfdx

can you tell me the May lease MF & residual for 36 month/12K per year on a Legacy premium & limited?

Thanks as always!

Premium: 53% and .00030

Limited: 53% and .00035

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@michaell@edmunds

Thanks for getting back to me so instaneously:) I wasn't sure which one of you in particular are monitoring this board:)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@michaell@edmunds

I just worked out a pre tax lease payment on a Premium with an MSRP of $25,835 (Moonroof Pkg) assuming a selling price of $23,299 ($1K under invoice) of $240.07 ($255.31 including 6.35% Tax in CT). That seems reasonable to me.

@nyccarguy said:
    michaell@edmunds

Thanks for getting back to me so instaneously:) I wasn't sure which one of you in particular are monitoring this board:)

We both monitor all the lease question discussions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@nyccarguy said:
    michaell@edmunds

I just worked out a pre tax lease payment on a Premium with an MSRP of $25,835 (Moonroof Pkg) assuming a selling price of $23,299 ($1K under invoice) of $240.07 ($255.31 including 6.35% Tax in CT). That seems reasonable to me.

That's a lot of car for the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dicaniodicanio Member Posts: 12

@nyccarguy said:
    michaell@edmunds

How many months/miles? Below is the quote I got in CT for a Premium. Quite a few dollars difference.

MSRP $24,585
    Selling price $22400
    $1500 down with 35 monthly payments of $280
    ZERO down 36 monthly payments of $325.

Forgot to add months and miles myself lol 36 months , 10k miles.

@dicanio said:

How many months/miles? Below is the quote I got in CT for a Premium. Quite a few dollars difference.

MSRP $24,585 Selling price $22400 $1500 down with 35 monthly payments of $280 ZERO down 36 monthly payments of $325.

It's possible the dealer is marking up the money factor on you for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The money factor is 0.00043 which is low. Are you including a the doc fee, the acquisition fee and title reg? That all adds up to $1200. if you manage to get a lease at that price in CT, let me know which dealer because I could possibly save myself some money.

@dicanio‌

I didn't mean to post that I MADE that deal, just put some numbers together using the current lease rates & money factors. Where in CT are you? Looks like you are getting the "base" money factor which is good. Now, what's the MSRP & selling price of the car you are looking at?

How many dealers have you called? Have you tried neighboring states? NY has doc fees capped at $75, while we have to pay the dreaded "conveyance fee." Here in CT.

MSRP $24,585 Selling price $22400. I managed to get the selling price to $24,100 eventually, so it slightly reduced the payment. I'm in Milford, CT. With the 2015 Legacy possibly out in August, I think I could go for that. It looks pretty sweet and has a few extra features and the MSRP is only $200 more than the outgoing model.

Does anyone know what kind of residual the 2015 will have in August? The 2014 is dipping down to 55/54% so I was hoping it would be more like 59%. Am I way off? Although I don't mind paying extra for the 2015 improvements.

@dicanio‌

So with 10K per year, the residual is 55%?

There is no way of knowing what the residual value of the new 2015 model will be in August when it is introduced. What you can be sure of is that even though the MSRP will only be $200 more, manufacturers traditionally DO NOT subsidize leases on brand new models. If you want to be the 1st kid on the block with a new toy, you're going to pay. They like to wait and see how well the new model sells (or doesn't sell) and is received by the press and the buying public before they start leasing/buying incentives.

So on the new model, they might give you a $1500 discount off of sticker, but Subaru finance will use the same 55% residual and a money factor that equates to 4% - 5%. Your $280 ($0 Cap Cost Reduction, Registration, Plates, Conveyance Up Front) might become $350 real quick.

Definitely shop other dealers. Make sure you shop all the dealers in Fairfield County, Milford, Perkins, Stamford... It doesn't hurt to call dealers in Westchester County, NY either (Westchester, Prestige, Smith Carnes). Use what you have as a starting point (selling price, base lease rates & residuals). Memorial day weekend is coming up and these places all want to sell cars.

Good luck & keep us posted!

Thanks for your input nyccarguy. Will definitely keep you posted.

@dicanio said:
    Thanks for your input nyccarguy. Will definitely keep you posted.

I've got nothing to add here .. nyc has covered the bases nicely. Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@dicanio‌

I've got a little more than a passing interest in the outcome of your lease. We're in the same market and looking for pretty much the same car. I have a lease expiring at the end of September (2011 BMW 328xi) and I'm definitely interested in leasing a Subaru for my wife's next vehicle. I'll be looking to pull the trigger around Labor Day, so a fire sale price on a leftover 2014 when the 2015s are on the lot looks tempting:)

• roadcrazyroadcrazy Member Posts: 31

Hope these figures help others shopping around. 2014 Premium. True sign and drive with 3/36 for $247.43 /month (not including MI sales tax). Here is some of the info from dealer's lease worksheet. Financial Inst JP Morgan Chase, Program Lease Loyalty, Selling Price 22,776.94, Doc Fee 200, Acquisition Fee 595, Gross Cap Cost 23,371.94, Total Rebates 1,925, Amt Applied Upfront 262.28, Total Cap Reduction 1,925, Net Cap Cost 21,446.94, MSRP 24,360, Residual .53, Residual Amount 12,910.80, Prepaid Cents/Mile .10, Rate/Money Factor .00030, Adv Payments 1, Upfront Charges 375.94, Initial Payment 2,563.22, Due on Delivery 375.94.

@roadcrazy‌

Thanks so much for sharing. What was the MSRP on your car? What options did you get?

• roadcrazyroadcrazy Member Posts: 31

The MSRP on the dealer's lease worksheet is 24,360. The dealer didn't have any Premium models on his lot, only Limited. He traded with another local dealer. The MSRP on that vehicle is 24,579. Options are Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass, All Weather Floor Mats, Rear Bumper Applique and Cargo Tray. My wife picks up the car tomorrow.

Not much action on this board lately. Can you guys give me the 36 month/12K numbers on the 2014 & 2015 Legacy Sedan (Premium & Limited)? Thanks!

@nyccarguy said:
    Not much action on this board lately. Can you guys give me the 36 month/12K numbers on the 2014 & 2015 Legacy Sedan (Premium & Limited)? Thanks!

2014 Premium - 53% and .00030

2014 Limited - 53% and .00035

2015 Premium - 63% and .00090

2015 Limited - 61% and .00060

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jirishjirish Member Posts: 1

Does Subaru do a 10k lease and if so what would the residual be on the 2015 Premium and Limited?

@jirish said:
    Does Subaru do a 10k lease and if so what would the residual be on the 2015 Premium and Limited?

10K/yr residuals are 1% higher than 12K/yr residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I like that 63%/.00090 (2.16%) combination on the 2015 Premium. I'll check the car out one of these days.

• jirishjirish Member Posts: 1

Thank you very much for the info.

• subbiefanaticsubbiefanatic Member Posts: 1

@Michaell said:
    2015 Limited - 61% and .00060

Thanks for sharing these numbers for the 2015 model Michael. I thought I was going crazy when the dealer said 63% for premium, which I thought was insanely high compared to the rest of the class like passat, accord, Mazda 6 etc.

What's the reason for it being this high though? Is it because its a new 2015 model just launched this month? Should I wait till next month for residuals to drop? (do you even see a chance of that happening?)

I know higher residuals mean lower monthly payments on lease, but I'm concerned because I will probably buy it at least end.

Ive been shopping around with dealers and got the following numbers. I would love some feedback from you experts on the numbers and if it is a good deal or not?

dealer 1: (please note the inflated money factor and insanely high residual)

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium
    MSRP - $24,738.00
    Our Price - $23,757.00

36 Months with 12k Miles/ Year
    $317.41 Month with 577.85 Due at Signing
    Residual Amount - $15,584.94 (63%)
    Money Factor - .00140

**Dealer 2: (money factor and residuals seem in line with what you stated)
    2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

Agreed upon price: $23200

36mo/12k
    254 plus tax = 269mo
    zero down
    504 due at signing
    Lease end value= 14,485.59

I would love some feedback, especially on Dealer 2's pricing and if it is a good deal or not. His residuals seem in line with class leaders such as Honda Accord as far as $ residuals, but I don't know what dealer 1 was sipping.

This is in Michigan btw, if that matters.

Thanks for this great platform for us to discuss, and thanks in advance for everybody's input and guidance on how to negotiate more if it is at all possible being a new 2015 model.

@‌subbiefanatic

Sometimes manufacturers' financing arms put different residuals on different models of the same car. In this case, the Premium has a higher residual than the Limited. Higher residuals do mean a lower lease payment. Dealer #1 is obviously marking up the money factor & has a higher selling price than Dealer #2.

@subbiefanatic said:
    Thanks for this great platform for us to discuss, and thanks in advance for everybody's input and guidance on how to negotiate more if it is at all possible being a new 2015 model.

One thing to watch out for is that dealers may choose to use a different finance company for their leases. We don't have access to those numbers - we only get the official Subaru (Chase) numbers. Different companies set different residuals and have different MF, so you may not be comparing apples to apples with dealer 1 and dealer 2.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mossburghmossburgh Member Posts: 39

@nyccarguy said:
    @‌subbiefanatic

Sometimes manufacturers' financing arms put different residuals on different models of the same car. In this case, the Premium has a higher residual than the Limited. Higher residuals do mean a lower lease payment. Dealer #1 is obviously marking up the money factor & has a higher selling price than Dealer #

Dealer #2 has over inflated the residual. At an MSRP of 24,738 and an end value of 14,595.42, your residual factor is .59 which is too high for this car/term. As the previous poster said residual should be .53.

@mossburgh said:
    Dealer #2 has over inflated the residual. At an MSRP of 24,738 and an end value of 14,595.42, your residual factor is .59 which is too high for this car/term. As the previous poster said residual should be .53.

Dealers cannot adjust the residual; they are fixed by the finance company.

It could be that dealer 2 is using a different finance company other than Subaru (Chase).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ps99223ps99223 Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm seeking "the numbers" for a 2015 Legacy-Premium lease with 12k and 15k miles/year. I'm in the state of Washington.

I'm considering (not definite) the Moonroof option package, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Phil

This discussion has been closed.