Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Transmissions - 2008 Saturn Aura

cupid50cupid50 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Saturn

Just curious. So many people that own Saturn Auras have had really bad transmission problems. Is this part of the recall or that is why we have had some many comments on transmissions going out? Mine went out in November and it needs to be repaired. Help!

Comments

• aurapissedoffaurapissedoff Member Posts: 1

My transmission went out and i emails gm customer service and they replied 5 days later and asked if i took my car to a gm dealership and i told them no and they responded back with we cannot help you. i live in a rural town asnd the closest dealership is over 40 miles away. when you would pay over $200 to have your car towed to a gm dealership and you dont know it you will get any help its hard to spend that extra money. so by the time i got the email back from gm and i had already sent in 2 more emails, i get the we cannot help you email . well if gm would have emailed me back in a reasonable time i could have done something differant. but i only have the one car and there was only 1 transmission like mine in tx. so $4000.00 later i am told i have to goi to a gm dealership to get the computer updated bc the car computrer and the tramsmissons computer dont have the same update. but yet gm dont recall anything with the transmission. so now i have to go spend $200.00 to get the computer updated. i would rather not give gm that money. can i take may car somewhere else bc gm customer service has no care!

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hi there,

We want to apologize that your concerns were not addressed within a sufficient amount of time. Please keep in mind, that you can private message us here on the forum as well. If you'd like for us to take a second look into your case, private message us your VIN and email address.

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

@aurapissedoff said:
    My transmission went out and i emails gm customer service and they replied 5 days later and asked if i took my car to a gm dealership and i told them no and they responded back with we cannot help you. i live in a rural town asnd the closest dealership is over 40 miles away. when you would pay over $200 to have your car towed to a gm dealership and you dont know it you will get any help its hard to spend that extra money. so by the time i got the email back from gm and i had already sent in 2 more emails, i get the we cannot help you email . well if gm would have emailed me back in a reasonable time i could have done something differant. but i only have the one car and there was only 1 transmission like mine in tx. so $4000.00 later i am told i have to goi to a gm dealership to get the computer updated bc the car computrer and the tramsmissons computer dont have the same update. but yet gm dont recall anything with the transmission. so now i have to go spend $200.00 to get the computer updated. i would rather not give gm that money. can i take may car somewhere else bc gm customer service has no care!

• cowboycookiecowboycookie Member Posts: 1
    We also have had transmission in 2008 saturn aura not shifting correctly won't hardly go into reverse and sometimes won't shift in 1st and 2nd talked to GM they wanted us to take it to GM dealership we did they said it was definitely a transmission problem but needed to get into it to diagnose GM will not help on this but says they might if we pay to have it diagnosed which is costly. want to know another route here . with so many transmissions at about the same mileage ours 85000 why doesn't GM do something maybe we should all get a petition together or if someone has another idea
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

We also have had transmission in 2008 saturn aura not shifting correctly won't hardly go into reverse and sometimes won't shift in 1st and 2nd talked to GM they wanted us to take it to GM dealership we did they said it was definitely a transmission problem but needed to get into it to diagnose GM will not help on this but says they might if we pay to have it diagnosed which is costly. want to know another route here . with so many transmissions at about the same mileage ours 85000 why doesn't GM do something maybe we should all get a petition together or if someone has another idea

We definitely understand your frustrations, cowboycookie. Please let us know if you decide to move forward with the diagnosis. If you'd like for us to have your original agent reach back out to you, please send your name and VIN via private message.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care