Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Impala Service Traction Control light

mattymurchmattymurch Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet

I have a 2009 chevy impala and recently my "Service Traction Control" warning comes on along with the ABS light and the skid light. But it also turns off for no apparent reason too. Its comes on more when im turning and goes off in the straight aways. I've already checked my Brake fluid. Can anyone help me so my dealership doesn't charge me an arm and a leg?

Comments

• aminers2000aminers2000 Member Posts: 1

I have a 2009 Chevy Impala. When I'm pulling out to the left, and only to the left, I hear an almost grinding noise (I assume traction control) and my Service Traction Control light comes on for a few seconds. I've read a lot of comments saying its the wheel bearing, accelerator sensor, etc. Does anyone know what the problem is? It happens in any weather conditions and my tires are not spinning. When it happens, I have to let off the gas and the light goes off and then I can drive fine.

• melloutmellout Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue with my 2009 Impala. I've taken this car to the dealer 4 times and they are not fixing the problem. I've spoken to GM about the issue, but nothing has been done. I keep paying for the repair work but it dosent fix the problem. HELP!!!!

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hello aminers2000,

My apologies to hear of the concerns you are experiencing with your vehicle. If you'd like any assistance contacting your dealership for further assistance with this matter, I'm happy to help. Please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with Attn:Andraya in the subject line and include your full contact information and VIN.

Regards,

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

@mellout said:
    I'm having the same issue with my 2009 Impala. I've taken this car to the dealer 4 times and they are not fixing the problem. I've spoken to GM about the issue, but nothing has been done. I keep paying for the repair work but it dosent fix the problem. HELP!!!!

Hello mellout,

We are truly sorry to hear that you've been to your dealership multiple times for this concern. I see you mentioned you spoke with GM, do you have a case number? I'm happy to research your situation further to be sure we are utilizing all of our resources toward resolving these issues for you. You are welcome to reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com Attn:Andraya. I look forward to hearing from you.

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• chevyrvachevyrva Member Posts: 1

Hi Mellout,

I had the same transmission problem where my traction control light came on at various times. It started coming on a few minutes after I started to drive. It didn't matter if I was turning, accelerating, or cruising down the road. I took my car to the dealer and they said it was a faulty traction control sensor. They seem to know it for a fact. So I had it replaced and about 1000 miles later things are fine. My suggestion is to get an extended warrantee for this car. Better to have it and not need it … (You will need it.)