Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Subaru Legacy Takes on Competition With New Web Site, Ad Blitz | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Subaru
image2015 Subaru Legacy Takes on Competition With New Web Site, Ad Blitz | Edmunds.com

Subaru of America wants the 2015 Subaru Legacy to be a major player in the midsize sedan category and is going after the competition with a new Web site and advertising blitz.

Read the full story here

Comments

• lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240

This Legacy is a solid reliable car, that is a bit boring with limited power-train options. It's good, but could be great.
    It needs a GT option with the newer FA20. In addition, the naturally FA20 with CVT would boost same fuel economy numbers and deliver more power for the base model over the current 2.5 liter. A manual trans should at least be a limited option with the GT Model. Also, The 3.6 liter could be revised to 3.0 liter with VVT and direct injection to deliver both better power and fuel economy.

That being said, I still take the 3.6 liter Subaru for under 30K over the Turbo Optima/Sonata, Malibu, Fusion, Altima V6, or Camry V6.

• canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410

Problem is, none of the dealers in my area have any 2015 Legacy's to sell, so this a very premature move by Subaru.

• canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410

The web site link is busted.

• metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167

I read somewhere recently that Subaru IS going to do an engine refresh, with direct injection and downsizing the 3.6 to a 3.0 but it's still a few years away. Too bad, it might not be here when I'm ready to buy a new car. Maybe a drive of the current powertrains would surprise me, but the base engine just seems a little too weak and the 3.6 doesn't compare well (at least on paper) power and efficiency wise with competitors. It's not "bad", but not great either. I really think a 4 cyl at 200hp/200 lb-ft at around 3,000 rpm would be a good balance for most cars in this class.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2014

@canddmeyer, hm, try this one: Subaru Legacy Challenge.

(lol, actually that may not help either - the page loads to 93% for me and then just sits there. Ah, loads in Chrome okay).

• fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111

just checked the site out. you can load it by deleting the address after the ".html" in the bad link. heh def biased in a cheeky [non-permissible content removed] kind of way. kinda funny.

• fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    edited July 2014

to chime in on what lions mentioned, i wish Subaru had Mazda's rather swell auto trannies instead of the CVT's. def could be great but not quite there yet.

a d.i. 3.0L H6 would be pretty epic.

• wyleonewyleone Member Posts: 1

I have been pre shopping midsize sedans for a lineup for my wife's car purchase. She took one look at it and said "I don't want another Taurus". The grille and oval from a short distance and you have a slightly sleeker Taurus. Not to be deterred, I continued until I saw that the only transmission offering would be a CVT? So you take a normally sporty AWD and put in a mushy CVT. Subaru sold me with their past Legacy years and lost me with what appears to be a interim model, while they get what I really want ready? A VVT boxer V6 with Direct injection. And maybe a turbo GT model. An 8 speed auto would round out the package nicely. No one else could make a quality, long lasting, CVT that doesn't cause that engine drone on acceleration...GM, Ford and Nissan did this 10 years ago, and learned their lesson.