Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Soul Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in Kia
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Kia Soul Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Kia Soul page.

To see all forums discussions about the Kia Soul, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Kia Soul discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• gillbgillb Member Posts: 50
    Hi was wondering what the December MF and Residuals were for a 2014 Soul +
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    2014 Kia Soul Plus 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00177 MF and 62% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 707shopper707shopper Member Posts: 2

Hello, When you have a moment can you post the January MF and residuals for a 2014 Kia Soul!. We are looking at the Whole Shebang trim. Thank you,

I'm sorry, but we don't have the January numbers for Kia.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• doc_vdoc_v Member Posts: 11

Last week of Jan, leased a 2014 Base Soul with auto. Residual was 63% and money factor of .00181, sale price of $16,313 plus tax, lic. etc. Price was through Costco buyers program. No other incentives were offered. Traded in a 2011 lease return with 15,800 miles. Got $11,300 on the trade in with a $10,500 payoff, so $800 toward new lease, plus $2k cash down. $201 monthly payments on 3 year lease with 36k mile.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978

@doc_v said:
    Last week of Jan, leased a 2014 Base Soul with auto. Residual was 63% and money factor of .00181, sale price of $16,313 plus tax, lic. etc. Price was through Costco buyers program. No other incentives were offered. Traded in a 2011 lease return with 15,800 miles. Got $11,300 on the trade in with a $10,500 payoff, so $800 toward new lease, plus $2k cash down. $201 monthly payments on 3 year lease with 36k mile.

How much of the $2800 went to license and other fees, and how much was cap cost reduction?

Enjoy your new Soul!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cowgirlinsandcowgirlinsand Member Posts: 7

Specs are wrong for 2014 ! Says no navigation,no heated seats, has a CD player when it has a hard drive...sounds like much of the info is from previous models.. Please update the info so people doing comparisons get accurate information. With what was listed I would not have looked at the Soul but just the Mini Countryman -as I was wanting a 'luxury' urban vehicle. Glad I looked at & tried the Soul, thought it's ride and quality much better and thought that was more important than prestige. For 30K out the door seemed like a bargain for the fully loaded Exclaim.

• hyun1120hyun1120 Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds‌ Long time reader of the forum, it has helped me to help my friends with their car deals. Now I need some help of my own.
    Looking into getting 2014 Soul ! with all packages. Can I get MF and RV for 24mo/15k miles.
    Thank you in advance. In Boston, MA if that matters.

@hyun1120 said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds‌ Long time reader of the forum, it has helped me to help my friends with their car deals. Now I need some help of my own.
    Looking into getting 2014 Soul ! with all packages. Can I get MF and RV for 24mo/15k miles.
    Thank you in advance. In Boston, MA if that matters.

I don't have any 24 month numbers from Kia.

For 36 months, 15K miles, the MF is .00153 and the residual is 60%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• aph3rdaph3rd Member Posts: 1

Thank you in advance for your help. I was wondering what the April MF and Residuals were for a 2014 Soul !

@aph3rd said:
    Thank you in advance for your help. I was wondering what the April MF and Residuals were for a 2014 Soul !

Kia has some regional differences, but the numbers I have for a 36mo, 12K/yr lease are:

.00161 MF and 64% residual.. This is for the base automatic model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• smartin104smartin104 Member Posts: 42

Hi.. wondering the RV and MF for the 2014 Kia Soul ! with whole shanbang package based on 12k/yr for 24 and 36mons... in northern NJ thank you kindly

@smartin104 said:
    Hi.. wondering the RV and MF for the 2014 Kia Soul ! with whole shanbang package based on 12k/yr for 24 and 36mons... in northern NJ thank you kindly

24/12 - there are no 24 month numbers this month

36/12 - .00083 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kantanakantana Member Posts: 11

Was looking for MF and RV for Kia Soul ! and + on 36mo lease with 12k miles. In South Carolina. Thank you kindly.

@kantana said:
    Was looking for MF and RV for Kia Soul ! and + on 36mo lease with 12k miles. In South Carolina. Thank you kindly.

Does the "!" mean it is the Exclaim model? I'll assume it does.

.00083 MF and 58% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ok, so the dealer just offered me $259/mo for 36/12 on a Kia !. MSRP is 21,680. I'm in SC. I was not going to pursue Kia (started looking at CRVs), but this seems like a great deal. First months payment down. Nothing else. Any comments please?

@kantana said:
    Ok, so the dealer just offered me $259/mo for 36/12 on a Kia !. MSRP is 21,680. I'm in SC. MSRP is 21,681. I was not going to pursue Kia (started looking at CRVs), but this seems like a great deal. First months payment down. Nothing else. Any comments please?

What is the negotiated selling price? Is the $259 before or after tax?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I thought maybe there was a way to work backward if we had the MSRP and monthly payment. Dealer did not give sell price, just stock # and monthly payment. Have a feeling it's a vehicle that has been on the lot longer than others (stock# seems older numerically). Isn't it possible they are trying to move it specifically? Asking now for sell price and taxes.

@kantana said:
    I thought maybe there was a way to work backward if we had the MSRP and monthly payment. Dealer did not give sell price, just stock # and monthly payment. Have a feeling it's a vehicle that has been on the lot longer than others (stock# seems older numerically). Isn't it possible they are trying to move it specifically? Asking now for sell price and taxes.

It's too easy for a dealer to manipulate the numbers .. with both selling price and MSRP, we can use the base MF and residual to model a payment to see if the dealer is marking up the MF on you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok. Got it. Selling price is $19,850.

For calculating the residual value, do I use the selling price or MSRP?

@kantana said:
    For calculating the residual value, do I use the selling price or MSRP?

The residual is based off the MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@kantana said:
    Ok. Got it. Selling price is $19,850.

With the MSRP and selling price you've referenced, and using the 58% residual and .00083 MF, I get a pre-tax payment of $229/mo for 36 mo.

Me thinks the dealer is marking up the MF on you for a bit of extra profit.

What is the sales tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

SC has a maximum sales tax of $300 on new vehicles. But then we pay yearly property tax on our vehicles. You still think he's marking up the MF?

@kantana said:
    SC has a maximum sales tax of $300 on new vehicles. But then we pay yearly property tax on our vehicles. You still think he's marking up the MF?

So the $300 is added to the selling price up front?

We have property tax here in CO - it's paid as part of your annual registration and doesn't affect the lease payment. Is it the same in SC?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cheyjey1cheyjey1 Member Posts: 11

Is Kia doing 24 month leases on the Exclaim! yet? Or any term shorter than 36 months? If so what are the numbers? I'm in So Cal

No 24 month leases for Kia.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Kia Soul Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.