Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• tr1plsc00ptr1plsc00p Member Posts: 23

I saw on their website that they are still offering the sign and drive deal, so it still must be a low MF and depreciation.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    edited August 2014

@tr1plsc00p said:
    I saw on their website that they are still offering the sign and drive deal, so it still must be a low MF and depreciation.

That wouldn't surprise me; everybody is trying to clear out the 2014's and get a jump start on selling the 2015's.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

@tr1plsc00p said:
    Do you have MF and depreciation for August for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with moonroof option, 36 months, 15k miles? Thanks

What state? We have partial numbers..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

California, Ventura County

Sorry... don't have the numbers for the region that includes California.. yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Any numbers yet? When you have them, can you give me numbers for both i Touring and grand touring for CA?

@tr1plsc00p said:
    Any numbers yet? When you have them, can you give me numbers for both i Touring and grand touring for CA?

Still no numbers for the group of states that includes CA.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@tr1plsc00p said:
    Do you have MF and depreciation for August for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with moonroof option, 36 months, 15k miles? California, Thanks

.00001 MF and 57% residual for automatic. 55% for manual transmission.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@tr1plsc00p said:

Grand Touring residuals are 55% for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So, I got a quote from the dealer. Seems they are trying to gouge me with the rental fee. They would not let me see the disclosure, even though I said I would not commit to anything until I saw the numbers. They quoted $333 a month for a 2015 iTouring, $24815 after rebates, residual of 57% and they were going to give me $2700 for my trade. MSRP $27315, sales tax is 7.5% and additional title & fees were around $250.

edited August 2014

Sorry, left out that it was 36 month lease with15k per year. They wouldn't show me my credit score either and told me the rental fee was not negotiable.

@tr1plsc00p said:
    So, I got a quote from the dealer. Seems they are trying to gouge me with the rental fee. They would not let me see the disclosure, even though I said I would not commit to anything until I saw the numbers. They quoted $333 a month for a 2015 iTouring, $24815 after rebates, residual of 57% and they were going to give me $2700 for my trade. MSRP $27315, sales tax is 7.5% and additional title & fees were around $250.

I would agree. Base MF is .00029 for 36 months; when I plug in all your numbers above, I get a pre-tax payment of $268.53 and a payment after tax of $288.67.

Is the $2700 for your trade the actual trade value? Or the trade equity? How is that being factored into the deal?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sorry, it's $1700, not $2700. $4000 but i owed $2300. They only gave me the $500 graduate rebate although I told them I probably qualified for the $750 trade-in rebate (my trade is a Kia Optima).

@tr1plsc00p said:
    Sorry, it's $1700, not $2700. $4000 but i owed $2300. They only gave me the $500 graduate rebate although I told them I probably qualified for the $750 trade-in rebate (my trade is a Kia Optima).

OK, thanks for the clarification .... how is that $1700 trade equity being used? Down payment? Up front taxes and fees?

You should find the details for the conquest rebate on-line .. you should qualify for the $750.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

i believe it was used as a down payment. They didn't say it covered taxes and fees because I asked what the taxes and fees were and he said 10% of the MSRP! I quickly corrected him and told him that it would be calculated based on the depreciation fee. I asked because I proposed paying the tax upfront to lower the monthly pmnt. I headed for the exit fast!

Do dealers usually show the disclosure or do you have to make a commitment? They lost the deal because of the lack of transparency and I needed my husband's approval. They could have just let me leave unharmed, but kept pushing me to make a commitment and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.

@tr1plsc00p said:
    Do dealers usually show the disclosure or do you have to make a commitment? They lost the deal because of the lack of transparency and I needed my husband's approval. They could have just let me leave unharmed, but kept pushing me to make a commitment and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.

It depends on the dealer .. some will push harder than others.

Lots of Mazda dealers out there .. now that you have a better understanding of how the numbers work, you'll be in a better position the next time you sit down at a desk.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yeah, and I'll bring my husband! He is not such a pushover like me! Thanks for your help!

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87
    edited August 2014

Looking at a 2015 Mazda 6 GT (fully loaded) - around 33K.
    In Charlotte, NC.
    36 month lease, 12K miles/yr
    What should I expect for:

MF =
    Residual =
    Cap Price =
    Other discounts =

Thank You!!

@mac_attack said:
    Looking at a 2015 Mazda 6 GT (fully loaded) - around 33K.
    In Charlotte, NC.
    36 month lease, 12K miles/yr
    What should I expect for:

MF = .00029
    Residual = 56%
    Cap Price = use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine the target price
    Other discounts = no lease cash

Thank You!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tomh10tomh10 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2014

Hey guys, this is my first post on edmunds. I got a 2015 Mazda 6 iTouring with M/T yesterday. At first, I got quoted $280 with $500 down, and $600 fees. Even though I have a credit score of 756, I qualified for a Tier 3, so my rate went up to $310 per month. Dealer said it's because I only own 1 credit card and never had a lease before. I went ahead with the transaction. But I want to make sure that the numbers add up, they said at the dealership the MF was 0.00010 and Residual is 57%. The agreed MSRP was $23,865.
    Edit: I live in NY but got the car from NJ.

@tomh10 said:
    Hey guys, this is my first post on edmunds. I got a 2015 Mazda 6 iTouring with M/T yesterday. At first, I got quoted $280 with $500 down, and $600 fees. Even though I have a credit score of 756, I qualified for a Tier 3, so my rate went up to $310 per month. Dealer said it's because I only own 1 credit card and never had a lease before. I went ahead with the transaction. But I want to make sure that the numbers add up, they said at the dealership the MF was 0.00010 and Residual is 57%. The agreed MSRP was $23,865.
    Edit: I live in NY but got the car from NJ.

What was the selling price?

And, dealers can use a special credit scoring system specifically for automobile loans and leases.

For what it's worth, for Mazda, tiers 1-3 all qualify for the best MF of .00001; the MF for tier 4 jumps to .00031. It's possible the dealer marked up the MF on you for a bit of extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:

MSRP was $27524, the sale price $23,865, they said the car has a decor package, wheel protection etc, paintless dent repair etc.

@tomh10 said:
    MSRP was $27524, the sale price $23,865, they said the car has a decor package, wheel protection etc, paintless dent repair etc.

When I plug in your MSRP and selling price with the residual of 57% and MF of .0001, I get a pre-tax payment of $231.08 for 36 months.

Did you give them any cash up front for fees and taxes, or were they rolled into the cap cost? NY and NJ calculate all the sales tax for the lease term up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

I did pay $500 down, 1st month payment $310 and a dmv fee of $300.

@tomh10 said:
    I did pay $500 down, 1st month payment $310 and a dmv fee of $300.

OK, so the rest of the tax liability was added into the cap cost; that probably accounts for the higher payment you have.

Enjoy the new car! I find the 6 to be one of the better looking mid-size sedans on the road.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Well, I'm not 100% sure how it all works. They gave me
    a sheet of paper with so many numbers on it :) little confused. But hey, the car is a blast, and like you said looks good! Thanks!

@tomh10 said:
    Well, I'm not 100% sure how it all works. They gave me
    a sheet of paper with so many numbers on it :) little confused. But hey, the car is a blast, and like you said looks good! Thanks!

The joy of owning and driving a car you like will be with you long after the details of the deal have faded from your memory.

Enjoy your new car - and when you're ready, click on the link in my signature block to write up a review.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hornhuskerhornhusker Member Posts: 2

Looking for the MF and residual for a 2015 Mazda 6 - both the grand touring and touring. Terms would be 36 months with 12K a year in Texas. Thanks!

@hornhusker said:
    Looking for the MF and residual for a 2015 Mazda 6 - both the grand touring and touring. Terms would be 36 months with 12K a year in Texas. Thanks!

.00029 MF and 56%/58% residual for GT/T.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rossmrrossmr Member Posts: 13

Bought a 6 GT with tech package, wheel locks, cargo net, bumper guard, all weather floor mats MSRP $33120 paid $30549 + 299 doc fee = $30848. Ended up paying cash but dealer was pushing a lease that sounded good in the beginning but not so much when I ran the numbers. Residual 57%, money factor .00029 MF, 36 months 10K per year. I thought the MF * 2400 = APR, in this case .696. When I saw the payment it seemed way too high - $342.40.

Sales price $30549

Trade in 5000

Rebate 375

Advance Pmt 342

Sales Tax 0 - Delaware

Up front charge 392

Total Cap Reduction 4635

Due on Delivery 0

35 Payments 342

I calculated an IRR on the cash flows and it yielded around 8%.
    When I use an online lease calculator if I use the .00029 MF multiplied by 12 (months in a year), the payment was within a couple of bucks of $342. .00029x12x2400 =8.4% - close to my IRR calculation.

Two questions -

1. Is the money factor quoted on a monthly basis? Some appear to be based on an annual basis, some on a monthly basis.

2. 57% Residual sounds good. 8% APR is terrible. My FICO is 810, would theyhave lowered the money factor if I negotiated?

I am not a genius, but not financially illiterate and in my opinion leasing is pretty complicated to tell if you are getting a good deal.

@rossmr said:
    Bought a 6 GT with tech package, wheel locks, cargo net, bumper guard, all weather floor mats MSRP $33120 paid $30549 + 299 doc fee = $30848. Ended up paying cash but dealer was pushing a lease that sounded good in the beginning but not so much when I ran the numbers. Residual 57%, money factor .00029 MF, 36 months 10K per year. I thought the MF * 2400 = APR, in this case .696. When I saw the payment it seemed way too high - $342.40.

Sales price $30549

Trade in 5000

Rebate 375

Advance Pmt 342

Sales Tax 0 - Delaware

Up front charge 392

Total Cap Reduction 4635

Due on Delivery 0

35 Payments 342

I calculated an IRR on the cash flows and it yielded around 8%.
    When I use an online lease calculator if I use the .00029 MF multiplied by 12 (months in a year), the payment was within a couple of bucks of $342. .00029x12x2400 =8.4% - close to my IRR calculation.

Two questions -

1. Is the money factor quoted on a monthly basis? Some appear to be based on an annual basis, some on a monthly basis.

The MF is used to calculate a monthly rent charge:

(residual value + cap cost) * MF

MF * 2400 = interest rate

1. 57% Residual sounds good. 8% APR is terrible. My FICO is 810, would theyhave lowered the money factor if I negotiated?

The "base" MF of .00029 can be increased by the dealer for extra profit, but cannot be reduced. It is also increased depending on credit score.

I am not a genius, but not financially illiterate and in my opinion leasing is pretty complicated to tell if you are getting a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• trancelatortrancelator Member Posts: 9

Hi, folks. First time posting on Edmunds. I'm planning to go to the dealership this weekend and wanted to know if MF and residual are available for the Sport and Touring in FL. Terms would be 36 months with 15K a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@trancelator said:
    Hi, folks. First time posting on Edmunds. I'm planning to go to the dealership this weekend and wanted to know if MF and residual are available for the Sport and Touring in FL. Terms would be 36 months with 15K a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sport - 58%

Touring - 57% (AT) or 55% (MT)

.00001 MF for both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• trancelatortrancelator Member Posts: 9

Thanks for your help!

• mtjake97mtjake97 Member Posts: 6

Hi. Wondering what the MF and residual would be in Colorado for the GT. Terms would be 36 months and either 12k or 15k per year. Thanks!

@mtjake97 said:
    Hi. Wondering what the MF and residual would be in Colorado for the GT. Terms would be 36 months and either 12k or 15k per year. Thanks!

.00001 MF and 56%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• autotime3autotime3 Member Posts: 5

First time looking into a lease. Looking for the MF and residual for a 2015 Mazda 6 - both the grand touring and touring. Terms would be 36/15k or 36/12k in Georgia.

Also, if you can point me in the right direction on learning to negotiate lease terms, that would be great!

Thanks!

@autotime3 said:
    First time looking into a lease. Looking for the MF and residual for a 2015 Mazda 6 - both the grand touring and touring. Terms would be 36/15k or 36/12k in Georgia.

Also, if you can point me in the right direction on learning to negotiate lease terms, that would be great!

Thanks!

.00029 MF and 54% residual for the Touring, 53% for the GT. Add 1% for 12K/yr. There is $800 dealer lease cash from Mazda on this model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• autotime3autotime3 Member Posts: 5

Thank you for the information kyfdx as I've learned quite a bit reading through this thread.

Question - If a nearby state like South Carolina and/or Alabama has a lower MF does that mean that we can go there to take advantage of that lower rate? I guess the residual value would play into that as well?

@autotime3 said:
    Thank you for the information kyfdx as I've learned quite a bit reading through this thread.

Question - If a nearby state like South Carolina and/or Alabama has a lower MF does that mean that we can go there to take advantage of that lower rate? I guess the residual value would play into that as well?

I don't think it works that way ... I suspect the MF is computed on your home address, not where you sign the deal.

Or, Mazda Finance will find out and have the deal re-written.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ChrismaxChrismax Member Posts: 87
    Could I get the residual, mf and any lease cash for a 2015 Grand Touring in Illinois? Thanks
  • ChrismaxChrismax Member Posts: 87
    sorry, forgot the terms-36/12 and 36/15
    ccorcoran said:

Could I get the residual, mf and any lease cash for a 2015 Grand Touring in Illinois? Thanks

ccorcoran said:

sorry, forgot the terms-36/12 and 36/15

36/15 - 53% and .00029. Add 1% for 12K. $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• icherub1icherub1 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    Do you have present MF and residuals for Massachusetts for a 2015 i Touring auto 36/12 and 36/15?
    icherub1 said:

Do you have present MF and residuals for Massachusetts for a 2015 i Touring auto 36/12 and 36/15?

36/15 - 54% and .00001

Add 1% for 12K.

$800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• arlvahooarlvahoo Member Posts: 23
    Does Mazda calculate things differently by state? If so, how about the numbers for 36mo/12k on a 2015 Touring and Grand Touring?
    Thanks.
    arlvahoo said:

Does Mazda calculate things differently by state? If so, how about the numbers for 36mo/12k on a 2015 Touring and Grand Touring?
    Thanks.

Yes - Mazda has two regions that have different numbers. What state is this for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ali42ali42 Member Posts: 3
    Hello - I'm looking for the MF and residual in OH for the Touring, 36 mo / 12k year and 36 mo / 10k / year. Thanks!
    ali42 said:

Hello - I'm looking for the MF and residual in OH for the Touring, 36 mo / 12k year and 36 mo / 10k / year. Thanks!

.00001 MF and 55%/56% residual. $800 lease support. (deduct 4% for manual transmission)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator