Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• jrdejavuxjrdejavux Member Posts: 4

45k but i dont care about residual since i wont be keeping it

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,076

@jrdejavux said:
    Hi Guys first time posting here and first time leasing a car. Looking at the 2015 explorer Sport MSRP is $51,000.00; selling price $45,000 and a 36/15 lease. I got the dealer to agree with 0% down to a monthly payment of 615.00 with tax. Is that a good deal? Thanks! I am in San Diego.

MF is .50% and there is $2250 of lease cash this month. 36/15 residual for the Sport is 52%.

When I plug in your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $528.35/mo - with 9% sales tax (guess on my part), the payment goes to $575.90.

It's possible the dealer is marking up the MF on you for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87

Looking at a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited or Sport (well equipped) - low to mid 40's.
    In Charlotte, NC.
    36 month lease, 12K miles/yr
    What should I expect for:

MF =
    Residual =
    Cap Price (if known)
    Other discounts =

Thank You!!

@mac_attack said:
    Looking at a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited or Sport (well equipped) - low to mid 40's.
    In Charlotte, NC.
    36 month lease, 12K miles/yr
    What should I expect for:

MF = .50% for both
    Residual = 50% (Limited FWD) or 54% (Sport)
    Cap Price (if known) - use the pricing tools at the top of the page to determine your target price
    Other discounts =

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• gq3856gq3856 Member Posts: 79

@Michaell said:
    Other discounts =

Are the lease incentives the same for both 2014 and 2015 models

@gq3856 said:
    Are the lease incentives the same for both 2014 and 2015 models

No

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:

i only ask that because i noticed that someone in the above thread was getting a 2015 and the numbers looked simialar 54% RV and .50 interest along with 2250 lease incentive or did i read that wrong.

Just wondering

Thanks Again

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87

@Michaell said:
    Other discounts =

Thanks for the info. Here is the deal they offered. They basically said they would go lower-

2014 Ford Explorer Limited (NOT 2015)
    44,950 mkt value
    discounted to 39,700 after rebate
    Residual of 48%
    0.75% APR (they did not give a MF or interest rate- they said Ford uses APR's?)
    550 cash down for 39 months = 566.92/monthly payment

Seems like the residual is off. I am confused about the APR. I am assuming this is not entirely true. And fact they basically said they could go lower tells me they have a lot of room.

Interested in your feedback on this. Thanks!!

@mac_attack said:
    Interested in your feedback on this. Thanks!!

Ford uses percentages instead of decimal values for MF - simply divide the pct by 2400 to get the MF to use in lease calculators.

Dealers cannot adjust the residual, but can inflate the MF for more profit - that seems to be the case here.

Using the base MF of .50% and the 50% residual with your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $491.53.

Seems there is quite a bit of room to come down from the dealer offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• agillmanagillman Member Posts: 28

Hi,

I'm in California and would like incentives, money factors (2 and 3 years) and residuals for a 2015 Explorer Sport with 12,000 and 15,000 miles. I don't see a new topic for 2015, so I'm posting here - apologies if this is not the right place. Thanks!!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@agillman said:
    Hi,

I'm in California and would like incentives, money factors (2 and 3 years) and residuals for a 2015 Explorer Sport with 12,000 and 15,000 miles. I don't see a new topic for 2015, so I'm posting here - apologies if this is not the right place. Thanks!!

The only information we have on the 2015 Fords is residuals.

64% for 24mo, 15K/yr and 55% for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Add 2% for 12K/yr residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• htmommyhtmommy Member Posts: 12

Hi I see the ad on edmunds for leasing a 2014 ford explorer for $250 per month; is this for all models or only certain models? I was interested in getting the sport model; what si the RV and MF? Thank you for your help?

I havent see that on Edmunds but I have seen it listed at many dealerships in my area. Upon looking at the fine print states base stripped model. HTH.

edited August 2014

Looking to lease in NH a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT (AWD) MSRP @42050 with a best and final # of $37968. Rebates totaling $2250 Lease for 36m with 15K/yr - they state somewhere in the "mid $4's" range. What is the money factor & residual value they are using? Is there much room to play with here? This would be a zero down. Ultimately will purchase at end of lease. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks and love this site!

@htmommy said:
    Looking to lease in NH a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT (AWD) MSRP 42050 with a best and final # of $37968. Rebates totaling $2250 Lease for 36m with 15K/yr - they state somewhere in the "mid $4's" range. What is the money factor & residual value they are using? Is there much room to play with here? This would be a zero down. Ultimately will purchase at end of lease. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks and love this site!

0.50% APR and 51% residual. $2250 lease cash.

If $37,968 includes the $2250 rebate, then I get $471/mo.+ tax...

If it's $37,968 minus $2250, then I get $408/mo.+tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    If it's $37,968 minus $2250, then I get $408/mo.+tax

Is there more room to play here? (I see other higher trims for less RV) When does the mf & rv go down again? I understand, correct me if I wrong, the RV they have no control over. Lastly to clarify the APR you wrote is the MF meaning .50/2400 = 0.00002 (i got 408.36 with that)

Zero tax in NH - thank goodness. Again appreciate your help.

@htmommy said:
    Zero tax in NH - thank goodness. Again appreciate your help.

If you are getting the base MF from the dealer, the only leverage is the selling price.

Ford updates their numbers each quarter; no updates expected until October. And then, we an't predict which way they will move.

Ford quotes their MF as a percentage; divide by 2400 (as you've done) to get decimal value t use n calculations.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:

You all - are all knowing on here, you see this much more often than I. How do I know I am getting "the base" from the dealer? IS there another number I should be eyeing? Do you (or others) see any room to negotiate further? Is this a good/great deal. I think I know the answer already but like to hear from the experts. Thanks again.

@htmommy said:
    You all - are all knowing on here, you see this much more often than I. How do I know I am getting "the base" from the dealer? IS there another number I should be eyeing? Do you (or others) see any room to negotiate further? Is this a good/great deal. I think I know the answer already but like to hear from the experts. Thanks again.

Simply ask the dealer what MF they are using.

As far as selling price, we're not in the market so can't really comment. Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine your target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    Simply ask the dealer what MF they are using.

So this is the response I get @Michael:
    I inquired what the MF number they were using and I got this -
    The reason I asked about the money factor (mf) is because Ford doesn't use a money factor like Toyota does, they use a regular rate. For 24 months the rate is .25% and for 36 months the rate is .5%. Hope that answers your question.

@htmommy said:

The reason I asked about the money factor (mf) is because Ford doesn't use a money factor like Toyota does, they use a regular rate. For 24 months the rate is .25% and for 36 months the rate is .5%. Hope that answers your question.

Those are the base rates used by Ford this quarter.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tlm14tlm14 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2014

What is the residual value percentage and money factor for a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT in Texas. Lease for 36 months

@tlm14 said:
    What is the residual value percentage and money factor for a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT in Texas. Lease for 36 months

How many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@tlm14 said:
    What is the residual value percentage and money factor for a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT in Texas. Lease for 36 months and 12K per year.

53% and .50% MF. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

When you say "$2250 lease cash", is this the amount I need down? Sorry for the dumb question. I am brand new to this.

@tlm14 said:
    When you say "$2250 lease cash", is this the amount I need down? Sorry for the dumb question. I am brand new to this.

Lease cash is like a rebate .. money that you can use to either reduce the selling price or to cover up front taxes and fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

any info on 2015 xlt 12000/36 month

@gq3856 said:
    any info on 2015 xlt 12000/36 month

Residual is 56%. No MF information on the 2015's just yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the above info can you also provide info on the 2015 sport
    36/12000

Thanks again

@gq3856 said:
    Thanks for the above info can you also provide info on the 2015 sport
    36/12000

Thanks again

Residual on 2015 Explorer Sport for 36/12 is 57%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:

Thanks for the quick response is the 2250 lease cash available on the 2015

Also 24/1200 if available

24/12000 whoops lol

@gq3856 said:
    Thanks for the quick response is the 2250 lease cash available on the 2015

No

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@gq3856 said:
    24/12000 whoops lol

66% for 2015 Explorer Sport 24/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

thanks again

• dmarcdmarc Member Posts: 8

how do i know how much lease cash is available? is this from the manufacture? do dealers typically present lease cash as lowering the MSRP or lowering the proposed vehicle selling price? does the lease cash differ for 2014 vs 2015 and by trim (XLT, Limtied, Sport)? thank you

@dmarc said:
    how do i know how much lease cash is available? is this from the manufacture? do dealers typically present lease cash as lowering the MSRP or lowering the proposed vehicle selling price? does the lease cash differ for 2014 vs 2015 and by trim (XLT, Limtied, Sport)? thank you

Lease cash is $2250 for the 2014's - all trim levels.

No lease cash on 2015 models.

Lease cash can be applied in two ways:

1) Lower the best negotiated selling price.

2) Use it to cover up front fees and taxes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey everyone I just recieved a coupon from ford for up to 750 private cash towards vehicle. Anyone ever get one of these is it legit and can i use this stacked with other incentives for leasing.

Thanks

@gq3856 said:
    Hey everyone I just recieved a coupon from ford for up to 750 private cash towards vehicle. Anyone ever get one of these is it legit and can i use this stacked with other incentives for leasing.

Thanks

Generally, you can stack the private offers with other available incentives. I always seem to get them for cars I don't want..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Going crazy trying to find a car at a great price. I have NEVER bought a "new" car. Now with kids needing something that is dependable/functional. Found a 2014 Explorer Limited AWD msrp - 46355 - otd @ 41710 .....36/10500 lease ....what should I expect for both payment and ending value of the car for buy out? No cash/trade down, sign and drive except normal acq. fees. Is it possible to stay in the 350 range or is that just too dreamy?

@htmommy said:
    Going crazy trying to find a car at a great price. I have NEVER bought a "new" car. Now with kids needing something that is dependable/functional. Found a 2014 Explorer Limited AWD msrp - 46355 - otd @ 41710 .....36/10500 lease ....what should I expect for both payment and ending value of the car for buy out? No cash/trade down, sign and drive except normal acq. fees. Is it possible to stay in the 350 range or is that just too dreamy?

0.50% APR and 52% residual. $2250 lease cash.

I think $350/mo. for a $46K vehicle is not realistic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Never hurts to ask, @kyfdx‌- its pretty much what I though. I get $502.15 is that what you get? No tax in NH. Does Ford change numbers again in early October? Lastly, do 2014 leases generally last until December or until sold out? Curious, how exactly that works. Thanks.

@htmommy said:
    Never hurts to ask, kyfdx‌- its pretty much what I though. I get $502.15 is that what you get? No tax in NH. Does Ford change numbers again in early October? Lastly, do 2014 leases generally last until December or until sold out? Curious, how exactly that works. Thanks.

I get about $516/mo, but that's in the same neighborhood.

Ford does generally come out with new numbers, quarterly... which will be October. Whether they still offer lease programs on the 2014 model will depend on the arrival of 2015 models, and the sort of inventory they have left.. At some point, they just put big purchase incentives on the old model, and you really can't lease it. That can vary as to timing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

how come I am able to negociate a meaty ~$3,600 off the MSRP for the 2015 XLT but only $1,800 off the MSRP on the 2015 Sport? is the manufacturer leaving more room for negotiation with the XLT? or is this simple a reflection of supply/demand?

@dmarc said:
    how come I am able to negociate a meaty ~$3,600 off the MSRP for the 2015 XLT but only $1,800 off the MSRP on the 2015 Sport? is the manufacturer leaving more room for negotiation with the XLT? or is this simple a reflection of supply/demand?

Answered in the other thread ... but probably both are true.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

2014 sport (400a package). 36/12k. quoting me $510 a month with fees/taxes upfront (which i wont actually do. the MSPR is $46,125. Can someone please tell me the RV and MF so I can back into the selling price? also any comments on whether this seems like a good price?

@dmarc said:
    2014 sport (400a package). 36/12k. quoting me $510 a month with fees/taxes upfront (which i wont actually do. the MSPR is $46,125. Can someone please tell me the RV and MF so I can back into the selling price? also any comments on whether this seems like a good price?

0.50% APR and 54% residual. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

any info on 2015 sport interest rate. Dealership is quoting me 1 percent on a 36 month is that accurate.

@gq3856 said:
    any info on 2015 sport interest rate. Dealership is quoting me 1 percent on a 36 month is that accurate.

At this time, the only 2015 model info we have are residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.