Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916

@kshay said:
    Thanks. What are your thoughts on advertising and port fees? Dealer's quote includes almost $700 of advertising and port fees which they say are on every car that comes into U.S. Are those standard fees and are they negotiable? Thanks.

Check with a second (or third) dealer - if they all include it, it's probably not negotiable. Destination is part of the sticker price of every car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588

@kshay said:
    Thanks. What are your thoughts on advertising and port fees? Dealer's quote includes almost $700 of advertising and port fees which they say are on every car that comes into U.S. Are those standard fees and are they negotiable? Thanks.

Those are part of the dealer's cost... did you offer to pay a certain amount over invoice?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• khiweekhiwee Member Posts: 4

@kyfdx said:
    On the loaner, it looks like they are using the standard money factor, adjusted higher for B-tier, and it appears to be correct.

I'm not sure how B-tier affects the money factor on the brand-new vehicle, though.

Comparing the two deals, it looks like the loaner vehicle has a lot more options, and is about the same overall price, or maybe a little less than the new one... If I'm just leasing for 36 months, I think I'd pick the loaner. You'll want to verify that it still has at least 3 full years of warranty left (ask for the "in-service date").

Thank you so much... I called the 2nd Audi dealer and he told me my money factor was 0.00079 versus the 0.00193 they are quoting me for the loaner. Is the higher money factor because its a loaner, even though it's being used with the new limited warranty.
    Also, do loaner cars have warranty type issues even during the first yes of the lease because of the mileage (4,650 in my case. )

@khiwee said:
    Also, do loaner cars have warranty type issues even during the first yes of the lease because of the mileage (4,650 in my case. )

Yeah... it looks like the loaner doesn't qualify for the new car rates.

If the car is under warranty for the full lease term, the mileage wouldn't bother me. I've leased two loaners in the past, with no issues. (and, if there are issues, you have the warranty).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• khiweekhiwee Member Posts: 4
    @kyfdx ... thank you so much!
  • volnedanvolnedan Member Posts: 83

Can you provide MF and residual for 2014 A4 Premium 6MT with only S Line Style package? 36 month term, 12K mi/yr in Michigan.

@volnedan said:
    Can you provide MF and residual for 2014 A4 Premium 6MT with only S Line Style package? 36 month term, 12K mi/yr in Michigan.

Is that FWD or Quattro?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xmmsxmms Member Posts: 10

Hi -- Can you provide MF and residual for 2014 A4 Premium FWD with cold package? 36 months, both 10k and 12k per year.

Thank you

@xmms said:
    Hi -- Can you provide MF and residual for 2014 A4 Premium FWD with cold package? 36 months, both 10k and 12k per year.

Thank you

.00007 MF and 52%/51% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• southnumasouthnuma Member Posts: 46

What are the MF and Residuals for a 2014 and 2015 A4 AWD 12K a year 36 month with and without audi care?

@southnuma said:
    What are the MF and Residuals for a 2014 and 2015 A4 AWD 12K a year 36 month with and without audi care?

What trim level?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• southnumasouthnuma Member Posts: 46

@Michaell said:
    What trim level?

Sorry. Premium.

@southnuma said:
    What are the MF and Residuals for a 2014 and 2015 A4 Premium AWD 12K a year 36 month with and without audi care?

2014 - .00020 and 53%.

2015 - .00099 and 56%

Add 1% to residual for AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• treads77treads77 Member Posts: 1

I'm looking to lease a 2014 A4 premium quattro tiptronic

The MSRP is $39,425

I currently have an offer for $2460 down $399 a month for 36 months with 12,000 miles

I was wondering if this is a good deal and what the MF and residual should be

I live in New York

@treads77 said:
    I'm looking to lease a 2014 A4 premium quattro tiptronic

The MSRP is $39,425

I currently have an offer for $2460 down $399 a month for 36 months with 12,000 miles

I was wondering if this is a good deal and what the MF and residual should be

I live in New York

.00020 and 53%.

What is the net cap cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• calmlikeabombcalmlikeabomb Member Posts: 17

Hi. Was at an Audi dealer in NY, he quoted me 52 MF and 40 residual on a 2014 Premium S line auto Quattro. Do those numbers jive? Also, when I inquired about multiple security deposits (I had read on here that NY leases cannot, but gave it a try), he stated "although a good concept, Audi never participated in MSD's".

Does anyone know if CT or NJ accepts MSD's (Audi)....they are closed Sundays, emailed a bunch of dealerships in meantime.

@calmlikeabomb said:
    Hi. Was at an Audi dealer in NY, he quoted me 52 MF and 40 residual on a 2014 Premium S line auto Quattro. Do those numbers jive? Also, when I inquired about multiple security deposits (I had read on here that NY leases cannot, but gave it a try), he stated "although a good concept, Audi never participated in MSD's".

Does anyone know if CT or NJ accepts MSD's (Audi)....they are closed Sundays, emailed a bunch of dealerships in meantime.

I'm going to have to guess at 39mo, 10K/yr lease? If so, then .00040 MF and 52% residual (which is somewhat similar to your numbers).

MSDs cannot be used in NY, but we've heard anecdotal evidence of NY lessees doing MSD deals in NJ. Even though they can't use them in NY, your dealer's quoted statement is obviously wrong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks very much (again). Those numbers were for 36/15k ..... Payment is 424 per month, with an insane amount of money down (embarrassed to say, 5k..... Have 6k in equity on trade, 1k back to me).

That's why I am so interested in MSD's..... Lol.

@calmlikeabomb said:
    Thanks very much (again). Those numbers were for 36/15k ..... Payment is 424 per month, with an insane amount of money down (embarrassed to say, 5k..... Have 6k in equity on trade, 1k back to me).

That's why I am so interested in MSD's..... Lol.

Much better to use the trade equity for MSD rather than down payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• konarkkonark Member Posts: 1

Hi

I am looking forward to lease 2014 Audi A4 in Chicago (This would be my first lease). Here is what I am looking for:

• 2014 A4 Quattro Premium Plus with Sport Package
    • Exterior Color : Phantom Black
    • Interior : Chestnut Brown Leather seating
    • Inlays: Dark brown walnut wood

The dealers here do not have the Sports Package and are insisting to get the Navigation instead. With 0 down and Navigation package the price comes out to be $525 per month. MSRP average of $42K. They are not ready to tell the gross cap cost. Residual is 53%.

My question is:

1. Should I look for more dealerships / or push back to get the Sports package?
    2. Does the numbers makes sense (with 9.5% sales tax).
    3. Is it wise to put money down?

Here are few quotes that I got:

A4 SEDAN 2.0T QUATTRO TIPTRONIC
    Exterior Color: PHANTOM BLACK PEARL EFFECT
    Interior Color: CHESTNUT BROWN / BLACK
    Options:
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE - HOLDER
    INLAY - FINE GRAIN ASH NATURAL
    IPOD CABLE FOR AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE - NO CHARGE
    COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
    AUDI NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    S LINE STYLE PACKAGE
    Estimated Total MSRP: $41,945

Model: A4 SEDAN 2.0T QUATTRO TIPTRONIC
    Exterior Color: PHANTOM BLACK PEARL EFFECT
    Interior Color: CHESTNUT BROWN / BLACK
    Options:
    INLAY - DARK WALNUT WOOD
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE - HOLDER
    BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
    IPOD CABLE FOR AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE - NO CHARGE
    PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
    Estimated Total MSRP $41,995

Thanks!

@konark said:
    Hi

I am looking forward to lease 2014 Audi A4 in Chicago (This would be my first lease). Here is what I am looking for:

• 2014 A4 Quattro Premium Plus with Sport Package
    • Exterior Color : Phantom Black
    • Interior : Chestnut Brown Leather seating
    • Inlays: Dark brown walnut wood

The dealers here do not have the Sports Package and are insisting to get the Navigation instead. With 0 down and Navigation package the price comes out to be $525 per month. MSRP average of $42K. They are not ready to tell the gross cap cost. Residual is 53%.

My question is:

1. Should I look for more dealerships / or push back to get the Sports package?

If I'm buying or leasing a product with a sales price north of $40k, I'd get exactly what I wanted. Expand your search; a local dealer may be willing to trade to get the car you want.

1. Does the numbers makes sense (with 9.5% sales tax).

Without knowing the transaction price, it's hard to say. The IL tax situation makes leases more expensive. Just so you know, the law has changed, but won't go into effect until January 2015.

1. Is it wise to put money down?

No - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money. Look into making multiple security deposits instead - they lower the amount of interest you pay, and that money is refundable at the end of the lease.

Here are few quotes that I got:

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for your help, Kyfdx and Michaell.

Just bought a 2014 Premium S line Cuvee Silver
    Navigation
    Quattro
    German inlays
    Cold Weather package

Sorry, dont have the hard numbers in front of me, ballpark was:

MSRP was a tick under $43,000
    got it $100 over invoice...somewhere near $39,000

$1,000 for trading in Lexus (promotion)
    1st months payment,

I got what I wanted for my trade, used equity for $ down....

I know, I put ALOT of cash down, but my wife is more concerned with the monthly payout than cash in the bank apparently...

$2499 (is what Audi requested, but I think my monthly payment would have been 480)
    I put down another 2500 from equity (remember I did get $1000 back from promotion)

Payment $422 per month everything included.....

Also, FYI, Audi DOES do MSD outside of NY.....however, I spoke to a rep in NJ, if you live in NY, you cannot utilize the program, even if you purchase in another state.

I will write back when I have hard numbers...bottom line, thanks mods for educating me on my first lease ^.^

• vmichaelvmichael Member Posts: 22

Hello, what are the current MF and Residuals for a 2015 A4 AWD Premium AND Premium Plus, 12K a year 36 month with and without audi care? Thank you!

@vmichael said:
    Hello, what are the current MF and Residuals for a 2015 A4 AWD Premium AND Premium Plus, 12K a year 36 month with and without audi care? Thank you!

.00099 MF and 56% residual for Premium.

Subtract 2% for Premium Plus. Add 1% for AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• arexreearexree Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2014

Hello!

One of the vehicles I'm interesting in leasing is either a 2014 or 2015 A4 2.0 Premium or Premium Sedan for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year. I know kyfdx provided the numbers in the post above, but I wasn't sure if it was for the 1.8/2.0 trim or July/August figures. Would I be able to get the August residual percentage, money factor, and incentives for these vehicle trims? Also, would it make sense based on the numbers to lease a 2014 trim?

I'm interested in using multiple security deposits (MSDs) to lower my MF. What would be Audi's program for this?

Thanks in advance!

@arexree said:
    Hello!

One of the vehicles I'm interesting in leasing is either a 2014 or 2015 A4 2.0 Premium or Premium Sedan for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year. I know kyfdx provided the numbers in the post above, but I wasn't sure if it was for the 1.8/2.0 trim or July/August figures. Would I be able to get the August residual percentage, money factor, and incentives for these vehicle trims? Also, would it make sense based on the numbers to lease a 2014 trim?

I'm interested in using multiple security deposits (MSDs) to lower my MF. What would be Audi's program for this?

The Audi numbers expire today, so the quote above is for the July numbers. We won't have August numbers until tomorrow at the earliest.

Audi's MSD program allows up to 9 security deposits, each of which lower the MF by .00005.

2014 A4 Quattro Premium - .00020 and 53%

2015 A4 Quattro Premium - .00099 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    2015 A4 Quattro Premium - .00099 and 56%

Thanks Michaell. I'll follow up sometime this week to see if the new August numbers are available. I appreciate the help.

• venkadvenkad Member Posts: 1

I'm looking to lease new 2014 Audi A4(2.0T FWD multitronic premium ) in bay area, california. What is the money factor and residual value for 36 months lease(12K miles/year). Can i negotiate money factor with the audi dealer based on my credit score or is it fixed?

@venkad said:
    I'm looking to lease new 2014 Audi A4(2.0T FWD multitronic premium ) in bay area, california. What is the money factor and residual value for 36 months lease(12K miles/year). Can i negotiate money factor with the audi dealer based on my credit score or is it fixed?

.00007 and 51%.

The base MF is set by Audi Finance and cannot be negotiated any lower. The dealer can, however, mark the MF up for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:

Good morning Michaell,

Is the August MF and residual values now available for the Audi? Would I be able to get the base MF and residual for both the 2014 and 2015 Audi A4 Quattro Premium 2.0?

Thanks!

@arexree said:
    Is the August MF and residual values now available for the Audi? Would I be able to get the base MF and residual for both the 2014 and 2015 Audi A4 Quattro Premium 2.0?

They are available ... remind me again of the lease term and miles per year you are looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    They are available ... remind me again of the lease term and miles per year you are looking for?

Apologies for leaving that out. I'm looking at the 36-month, 12k/year lease deals for the 2014 and 2015 Audi A4 Quattro Premium 2.0. I'm located in Connecticut.

Is there a standard acquisition fee for the A4 as well? I'll ask about the A3 in the other forum.

@arexree said:
    I'm looking at the 36-month, 12k/year lease deals for the 2014 and 2015 Audi A4 QuattroPremium 2.0. I'm located in Connecticut. Is there a standard acquisition fee for the A4 as well?

2014 - .00020 and 53%

2015 - .00099 and 56%

Acquisition fee is $695 for Audi.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

@Michaell said:
    Acquisition fee is $695 for Audi.

Thanks Michaell. Any August specials or incentives for the Audi A4 2.0 Premium (either 2014 or 2015)?

@arexree said:
    Thanks Michaell. Any August specials or incentives for the Audi A4 2.0 Premium (either 2014 or 2015)?

First month payment made by Audi; for the A4 it is capped at $800.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dave2015dave2015 Member Posts: 29
    • Hey guys, what's the MF and residual for an A4 2014 premium plus FWD? Also how are these numbers extracted? *
    • Following is the deal I'm getting here in CA for a 2014 FWD premium plus monsoon grey metallic. Does this look good:

• MSRP: 39175
    • Sell price: 34900

• MF: 0.00029
    • Residual: 53 with audicare

• Term 36mo/10K miles
    • monthly 474 incl tax + 1000 down

• What would be the benefit of paying cap cost reduction upfront? Also what fees does a typical cap cost reduction include?
    • What payments should I be making upfront if not the down payment??

• My dealer says they don't do MSDs. Is that correct??

Thanks in advance, this thread is great help to all the people leasing :) Keep up the good work guys!!

@dave2015 said:

• Hey guys, what's the MF and residual for an A4 2014 premium plus FWD? Also how are these numbers extracted? *
    • Following is the deal I'm getting here in CA for a 2014 FWD premium plus monsoon grey metallic. Does this look good:

• MSRP: 39175
    • Sell price: 34900

• MF: 0.00029
    • Residual: 53 with audicare

• Term 36mo/10K miles
    • monthly 474 incl tax + 1000 down

• What would be the benefit of paying cap cost reduction upfront? Also what fees does a typical cap cost reduction include?
    • What payments should I be making upfront if not the down payment??

• My dealer says they don't do MSDs. Is that correct??

Thanks in advance, this thread is great help to all the people leasing :) Keep up the good work guys!!

Your residual is correct, but the base MF is .00007.

A CAP cost reduction is simply a downpayment. It reduces the monthly payment by a like amount, but no benefit.

Upfront? Title/registration/dealer fees.. I'd roll taxes and acquisition fee into the CAP cost.

Audi does MSDs, but at the base money factor, there is no more room for reduction. If you get the dealer to use the base MF of .00007, you won't need MSDs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• krypt0rgkrypt0rg Member Posts: 6

Hi I am looking to lease a new 2014 A4 Premium or Premium Plus in NJ. Could someone post what would be ideal amount i should be paying for it? I am visiting a couple of dealers tomorrow. Thought I would do some research before i go to them. Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

@krypt0rg said:
    Hi I am looking to lease a new 2014 A4 Premium or Premium Plus in NJ. Could someone post what would be ideal amount i should be paying for it? I am visiting a couple of dealers tomorrow. Thought I would do some research before i go to them. Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

You can use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine a target price. Also, what lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks kyfdx. Where do you get the base MF value from?

@Michaell said:

Thanks Michael. I am looking for a 3 yr lease with 10000 Miles per year. I dont drive much. I did contact a few dealers in May 2014 and they have offered me a MF: 0.00036 with a residual of 53%. $434 per month. However I did not consider that back then. I'm starting the process all over again. Should i be looking at 2014 or 2015 at this point?

Also, for a premium plus - the base MF is 0.00007? How about for premium and prestige for a 2014 A4 FWD with the same leasing criteria as before. Thanks a bunch!!

@krypt0rg said:
    Thanks Michael. I am looking for a 3 yr lease with 10000 Miles per year. I dont drive much. I did contact a few dealers in May 2014 and they have offered me a MF: 0.00036 with a residual of 53%. $434 per month. However I did not consider that back then. I'm starting the process all over again. Should i be looking at 2014 or 2015 at this point?

I suspect 2014's are getting scarce, but if you can find one equipped the way you like, you're likely to get a better selling price.

The MF's on the 2015's are a bit high - I suspect to encourage customers to lease 2014's and clear out the stock.

2014 FWD - .00007 and 52%

2014 AWD - .00020 and 54%

2015 FWD - .00092 and 56% (premium)

2015 AWD - .00099 and 57% (premium)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@dave2015 said:
    Also, for a premium plus - the base MF is 0.00007? How about for premium and prestige for a 2014 A4 FWD with the same leasing criteria as before. Thanks a bunch!!

All FWD A4's have the MF at .00007 for up to 36 months. Remind us again the lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell‌, thanks for your reply! 36mo/10K miles - so its a good idea to push the dealer to reduce my MF to 0.0007. Correct? I was wondering where the base MF/residual values are obtained

@Michaell said:
    Thanks again Michaell. I am mostly gonna go with a 2014 A4. Are your numbers also applicable for Premius Plus ?

edited August 2014

@dave2015 said:
    Michaell‌, thanks for your reply! 36mo/10K miles - so its a good idea to push the dealer to reduce my MF to 0.0007. Correct? I was wondering where the base MF/residual values are obtained

Politely and firmly, but yes, you shouldn't sign any deal that includes a marked up MF.

We get our documents from AFS.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@krypt0rg said:

Premium and Premium Plus MF's and RV's are the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks a lot @Michaell, that helps.

• jevannetjevannet Member Posts: 5

What are MF and Residual % for 39 mos lease on 2015 a4 AWD Premium Plus with and without Audi Care for 10k and 7500mi lease?

This discussion has been closed.